Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #51
SPauthentic84

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwhois View Post
Did the garage sale/yard sale thing last year. Also went around the thrift stores and sold most of it on ebay, craigslist or amazon. Made a few hundred bucks a month pretty consistantly. Unfortunately I now work every saturday, so my garage sale buying is pretty much over. Still can find some decent stuff at thrift stores though
What type of stuff do you buy?
Old 05-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #52
robwhois

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPauthentic84 View Post
What type of stuff do you buy?
The things I know the most about are video games and toys, so those are always easy things for me to buy, since I pretty much know how much things are worth, and how much I can pay for something and still be able to make a nice profit. I also have sold other things ranging from clothing(shirts, hats, pants) to electronics, to collectables(snow globes, statues, mugs).

I will say that a smart phone is something that really helps out, as you can look up pricing on the items your not sure on.
robwhois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #53
SPauthentic84

Resurrecting this to see if there is anymore inspiring going on.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #54
vc15jrich23
Banned

I'm a hit man.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #55
Bonaflyd
Banned

i sell weed to high school kids....and crack to anyone who wants it...pay well
Bonaflyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #56
MC80_LCM

I collect scrap metal at my job. I work for a Directv Installation subcontractor and we would always have people driving by our shop grabbing the old dishes and scraps of wire. I started asking them how much they get for all of it and found out that they get a decent amount of money for copper wire. I started collecting the scraps of ground wire and the receiver power cords that the techs throw away. Its not a ton but every couple of months I can get a couple hundred dollars out of it. The main guy that comes to our shop every day does it as a full time job so he must make a decent amount doing it.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #57
Davesportscards

I used to do quite a bit for extra money. I used to fix cars in my spare time. And I currently have 3 Youtube channels which all have Partner Status so I get paid by Google based on video views and ad clicks. That has actually brought in quite a bit of money. Around $3,000 the last 2 years. Just for simply making a video and uploading it.

I'm Michigan State Certified in Engine Repair but after 10 years of doing it on the side I realized I completely lost my love for working on cars. Guess I got sick and tired of everyone EXPECTING me to be available whenever they needed me. And I got sick of "friends" always thinking my time and labor was free. Spend all day fixing their junk and they couldn't even buy me a cheap lunch to go with the free labor. I work on my GF's car still...no money to be made there. But she does pay me in cards.
But every now and then I do the occasional repair job and make it known my time and labor are NOT free. But I mainly stick to my Youtube videos as extra income.
Davesportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #58
Nicnac

I've written a couple of major trading card releases (the texts on the back). It's sporadic work so I'm hoping for more jobs like that in the future.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #59
Kent Clements

Clean and steam homes where death/murders take place. The more you do, the easier it becomes. Plus "Vicks" becomes your best friend.
Kent Clements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #60
Davesportscards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
I've written a couple of major trading card releases (the texts on the back). It's sporadic work so I'm hoping for more jobs like that in the future.
Well I hope you didn't write these...

Old 05-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #61
Nicnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Well I hope you didn't write these...
Heh, no, quite a bit more text, and very well researched. And, hopefully, informative and entertaining...
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #62
Davesportscards

Quote:
Heh, no, quite a bit more text, and very well researched. And, hopefully, informative and entertaining...
That's good I always enjoy reading the backs of cards.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #63
death2redemptions
Banned

I sell cards numbered to /250 as 1/1's for extra change.....
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #64
ToppsCollector1

My dad does the scrap metal thing too. Of course its an occasional thing, he hasnt done it in a while though

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC80_LCM View Post
I collect scrap metal at my job. I work for a Directv Installation subcontractor and we would always have people driving by our shop grabbing the old dishes and scraps of wire. I started asking them how much they get for all of it and found out that they get a decent amount of money for copper wire. I started collecting the scraps of ground wire and the receiver power cords that the techs throw away. Its not a ton but every couple of months I can get a couple hundred dollars out of it. The main guy that comes to our shop every day does it as a full time job so he must make a decent amount doing it.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #65
Davesportscards

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
I sell cards numbered to /250 as 1/1's for extra change.....
QFT. And....

Old 05-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #66
chipmaster

I beat it for bucks at the sperm bank
Old 05-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #67
tajikey

I hook......

fish, and sell them to local eateries. Okay, that's not true. Well, the former is, but the latter is not.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #68
nyisle

Send a message via AIM to nyisle

Just got my first real score at a Goodwill. Been picking up little things and reselling them for a few dollars. Went in yesterday and right on top of the first rack of clothes was a Generation 1 Transformer Fortress Maximus. So I grab it and our Foster kid goes look at this one, and grabs a G1 Scoponok. I start looking for any accessories that might be laying around and the kid finds Spike, that goes to Fort Max. So i'm thinking dollar signs with these 2, and the kid asks if he could get the Scorponok as his toy. So I pay $9 for the two. I took off 9 pieces so far and listed them on ebay. Already sold 3 pieces for $65, so not a bad start. And the kid was really happy because he got a new Transformer.
nyisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:00 PM   #69
SPauthentic84

Figured I would give this a bump to get some fresh ideaz
Old 01-22-2014, 01:28 PM   #70
SPauthentic84

No more idea?
Old 01-22-2014, 02:19 PM   #71
bigzig

I help a local farmer that just isn't able to keep up with the land like he use to due to health reasons. He's a friend of the family so I work fairly cheap just doing odd jobs to help him out. Not much extra money, but it pays for my beer and cig money.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:35 PM   #72
armyatc22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
I help a local farmer that just isn't able to keep up with the land like he use to due to health reasons. He's a friend of the family so I work fairly cheap just doing odd jobs to help him out. Not much extra money, but it pays for my beer and cig money.
Odd jobs are always a good way for extra money. I tend to do those from time to time depending on the job.

Most of the time my extra funds come from this hobby. Somehow I'm able to pull a rabbit out of my butt and get some good stuff and sell off. Most times it's a little work finding out who needs or wants what and get them to buy the stuff at the price range I want but You, bigzig, have been assassinated by armyatc22 and that's the hardest part. Now I just want to see if I could possibly make it more then just side money in 2014...I've stated documenting everything I do from buying to selling to trading with sell values and also values I have bought at. So now later down the road I can see if I sold at the right time or not.
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:02 PM   #73
lobo_hacker

Send a message via Yahoo to lobo_hacker

Quote:
-I assume you need to have some writing experience on the ol' CV to do that work. Did you just apply to the companies directly? How did you find out about these openings?

lobo_hacker, bored and curious at work today
lobo_hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:04 PM   #74
mnvikingstwins

If you like baseball/softball, do umpiring. $25-$35 a game adds up quick if you can get doubleheaders and tournaments.
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:35 PM   #75
12bizzles

If you live in or near a big city, you can become a peer-to-peer ride-sharing driver (Lyft, Uber, Sidecar). Decent dough.