Blowout Cards Forums
world cup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first*

Notices

Welcome New Members! *Read here first* Introduce yourself and read our General Rules

Old 06-12-2018, 02:07 AM   #1
rustywest

Default Advice on uploads, attachments etc

Greetings my friends,

I used to collect basketball cards back in the mid-90's and its 2018 and I'm back after two decades, happy about that!

As a raw rookie on blowout I've already tried and failed miserably at posting an ebay link to go with my first thread, and in general have no idea the best way to upload pictures etc. Routine stuff for the seasoned campaigner!

So I was hoping someone could give me some tips/or direct me to a previous link on how to upload ebay links and photo's, basically how to deal with attachments. I've read the FAQs but still battling. I'm not completely retarded when it comes to this type of stuff, only slightly. I just need some clear guidance and I'll be away laughing!

Cheers
rustywest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:32 AM   #2
Tones

Firstly if you have a scanner, that is what I would recommend for taking quality photos of your cards. If not there is a phone app called Office Lens which takes a photo and flattens and creates scan of it. Some people prefer the app as with refractors and such it captures more detail.

As for uploading you could use a hosting site such as sportscardalbum or imgbb (would not recommend others). From there you can take the links and post those in the thread or use the the image linker tool (in the quick reply it looks like the button with a mountain and a sun, place the link in the box that appears which will allow you to have the image appear directly on the post without needing to click a link

hope this helped!
FT/FS Album: https://ibb.co/album/mSEtwF
Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:40 AM   #3
rustywest

Brilliant! Thanks for the advice Tones.
rustywest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:57 PM   #4
WillBBC

imgur.com

Drag, drop, copy, paste. Done.
WillBBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:51 PM   #5
JHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tones View Post
Firstly if you have a scanner, that is what I would recommend for taking quality photos of your cards. If not there is a phone app called Office Lens which takes a photo and flattens and creates scan of it. Some people prefer the app as with refractors and such it captures more detail.

As for uploading you could use a hosting site such as sportscardalbum or imgbb (would not recommend others). From there you can take the links and post those in the thread or use the the image linker tool (in the quick reply it looks like the button with a mountain and a sun, place the link in the box that appears which will allow you to have the image appear directly on the post without needing to click a link

hope this helped!
Nice app! THanks for the sharing