world cup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > COINS & CURRENCY

Notices

COINS & CURRENCY Post your Coins, Currency, & Precious Metals Hobby Talk

Old 04-20-2018, 07:44 AM   #201
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Still a ton of action and money making daily. It depends if you know how to play it.
Agreed. Plenty of intraday swings to trade if you've got the time to do it.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:19 AM   #202
mnvikingstwins

Alts recovering nicely
Old 04-20-2018, 07:45 PM   #203
ninjacookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Alts recovering nicely
I'm cautiously optimistic. Emphasis on cautiously.

Could very well be a bull trap before another big drop to 3-5k based on previous recovery trends.

But as of right now it's some glorious scalping going on.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:22 AM   #204
RogerGodahell

I should probably be a little more diversified but right now im only holding NEO. I kind of f'ed up trying to day trade ICX, i traded it all for BTC and the next day the market took off. So i bought NEO at $58. Im down quite a bit compared to if i would have held ICX over NEO this past week but it's still pretty good. Can't really complain.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:05 AM   #205
Ferg1945

Bitcoin Cash has been going nuts.

Last Monday morning - $750

Now - $1370
Ferg1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 09:14 PM   #206
RogerGodahell

Lots of price manipulation going on right now. The whales are splashing around having fun.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:57 AM   #207
nhlcanada

Feels like this will be a repeat of last year. Bull run from May-New Year then crash? Will this be a yearly occurrence? I'm still holding strong on XRP. Everything else I changed to Ethereum when it went down to $300s. Have a feeling it will end the year at $2000+.
nhlcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 02:45 PM   #208
mnvikingstwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlcanada View Post
Feels like this will be a repeat of last year. Bull run from May-New Year then crash? Will this be a yearly occurrence? I'm still holding strong on XRP. Everything else I changed to Ethereum when it went down to $300s. Have a feeling it will end the year at $2000+.
Investment guys said it tanked the day the Senate tax bill was signed, but maybe Korean peace helps the market go up considerably
Old 04-30-2018, 03:42 PM   #209
mnvikingstwins

What alts do you guys think are still due to surge up? Have another $1k bitcoin I need to disperse out
Old 04-30-2018, 06:06 PM   #210
RogerGodahell

Quote:
What alts do you guys think are still due to surge up? Have another $1k bitcoin I need to disperse out
I personally like NEO and ICX. NEO went down again with everything today but i expect it to bust past $100 again soon. I think ICX will be +$20 by the end of the year. They both have really strong fundamentals and working platforms.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:57 PM   #211
Ferg1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg1945 View Post
Bitcoin Cash has been going nuts.

Last Monday morning - $750

Now - $1370
April 6th - $640

Cinco de Mayo - $1,720

damn near tripled in a month.
Ferg1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:01 AM   #212
ninjacookies

And here comes the massive pullback.

10k psychological resistance just too much. Going to be interesting to see how hard this falls in the coming days. Some big coins like ETH look like they're in some big short term trouble with the H&S pattern.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:44 AM   #213
ninjacookies

Quote:
And here comes the massive pullback.

10k psychological resistance just too much. Going to be interesting to see how hard this falls in the coming days. Some big coins like ETH look like they're in some big short term trouble with the H&S pattern.
Yep, this is gonna be a big plunge. Rising wedge after rising wedge. Will probably see 6k range by tomorrow. Most calling for 5k by the end of june.
Old 05-28-2018, 11:35 AM   #214
RogerGodahell

Do you guys think last years surge was a one time deal or do you think we'll ever see it again on that level? I was pretty addicted to following the prices daily but i haven't paid attention for a couple months now. I may click on coin market cap a couple times a week now just to get a quick look at the overall market but thats about it. I hold a decent amount of NEO. Once i get a few things paid off i plan on doing a weekly or monthly amount into several top 20 coins and just forgetting about them. I think im done buying cards im going to focus on investing what i've been putting into cards now into crypto. Good idea or bad idea?
Old 05-28-2018, 06:24 PM   #215
ninjacookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerGodahell View Post
Do you guys think last years surge was a one time deal or do you think we'll ever see it again on that level? I was pretty addicted to following the prices daily but i haven't paid attention for a couple months now. I may click on coin market cap a couple times a week now just to get a quick look at the overall market but thats about it. I hold a decent amount of NEO. Once i get a few things paid off i plan on doing a weekly or monthly amount into several top 20 coins and just forgetting about them. I think im done buying cards im going to focus on investing what i've been putting into cards now into crypto. Good idea or bad idea?
Nobody has a crystal ball, but definitely open yourself up to all possibilities and invest accordingly.

Very few anticipated silver peaking in 2011 only to never recover and remain stagnant at 1/3rd of its all time highs.

I basically only invest money I can afford to lose. Cost average down and buy a little bit at each level is the best strategy for the casual investors. Most likely you'll never be able to perfectly catch the bottoms unless you're a pro charter with some luck.

I daytrade so it's a different game for me, I go off patterns and trendlines and play the market either way. You're doing the right thing if you're a holder...turn off all the charts and force yourself to checking a few times a month at most. I'd stick to the top 10 alts if you're looking years down the road. Top 5 if you really want to be safe. Many come and go (just like Verge), and one bad news piece and you could lose majority of your portfolio.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:50 PM   #216
jcardstore

Quote:
My advice would be to never ever invest in crypto. If you're going to day trade it, that's OK but you're going to lose your shirt if you're holding in the hopes that it goes up.

Buy an ETF or something and your investment will slowly appreciate.

Last edited by jcardstore; 05-29-2018 at 03:52 PM.
jcardstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:40 PM   #217
RogerGodahell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardstore View Post
My advice would be to never ever invest in crypto. If you're going to day trade it, that's OK but you're going to lose your shirt if you're holding in the hopes that it goes up.

Buy an ETF or something and your investment will slowly appreciate.
Interesting, so do you believe crypto/blockchain is a fad? I already max out my 401k so this is more or less play money. Im not worried if i lose the money i see this as more of a gamble, high risk high reward situation. Im looking at the long picture, 10 years from now and trying to envision where we'll be. Impossible i know. I see apps and paying for everything with a smartphone. I've already seen it in China, no one carries cash there anyone. This is how 95% of transaction are done. The U.S. is way behind in this regard but it's inevitable imo. My only question is how much will blockchain technology play into it, if at all?
Old 05-30-2018, 08:53 AM   #218
jcardstore

Quote:
Interesting, so do you believe crypto/blockchain is a fad? I already max out my 401k so this is more or less play money. Im not worried if i lose the money i see this as more of a gamble, high risk high reward situation. Im looking at the long picture, 10 years from now and trying to envision where we'll be. Impossible i know. I see apps and paying for everything with a smartphone. I've already seen it in China, no one carries cash there anyone. This is how 95% of transaction are done. The U.S. is way behind in this regard but it's inevitable imo. My only question is how much will blockchain technology play into it, if at all?
Crypto will never be a mainstream currency, well maybe not never but certainly not in the near future. I believe the currency/store of value aspect of it is a fad. Crypto will slowly depreciate in value over time. The larger coins may stabilize but if you look at the charts they've been making a series of lower highs since the massive spike. There's still a bunch of downside and it's throwing away money IMO. You'd be better off (if you just want to gamble it) learn how to trade options.

Blockchain on the otherhand, I'm a big believer. It's already revolutionizing the way we think about data transfer/transactions. The whole ICO craze was a fad and most of the coins will be worthless but the infrastructure and architecture is extremely valuable.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:03 AM   #219
ninjacookies

$7500 resistance is tough.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:08 AM   #220
mnvikingstwins

Quote:
$7500 resistance is tough.
Just getting annoyed with it now, I'm an idiot for not selling when I was at $19500, then was at $13000 but no it's gonna go back up, then back to $10000, back down, back at $10 2 weeks ago, and now slipped back another .15-.20 btc on my alts. Not sure if I'll just pull out half next time BTC gets back to 10k or ride it out. Put another 1k into BTC on Monday but hasn't moved up or down since
Old 05-31-2018, 09:25 PM   #221
ninjacookies

Quote:
Just getting annoyed with it now, I'm an idiot for not selling when I was at $19500, then was at $13000 but no it's gonna go back up, then back to $10000, back down, back at $10 2 weeks ago, and now slipped back another .15-.20 btc on my alts. Not sure if I'll just pull out half next time BTC gets back to 10k or ride it out. Put another 1k into BTC on Monday but hasn't moved up or down since
Even if it does go past 7500, my next target is 7800...and I think it will drop hard after that. Still not convinced this is any kind of bull market as the volume has been pretty meh.

I'm eventually targeting a 5,500 low (or somewhere around that). But what do I know. The 3%'s have full control of the market. This is just all wild speculation.....
Old 06-08-2018, 06:50 PM   #222
ninjacookies

EOS is going to be yuuuge in the coming months. Yes, I wish I got in earlier too.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:22 AM   #223
mnvikingstwins

Just when it looked like it was recovering...
Old 06-13-2018, 10:44 AM   #224
primocards

it's a scam
primocards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:27 PM   #225
ninjacookies

5k minimum as a bottom.

Don't be expecting some euphoric uber 'bull run' to all time highs, either. If silver has taught us anything, is that prices may never recover when the government/banks step in and say enough is enough.

Daytrading 4lyfe tho. Almost too easy leaving a short open for an entire week without maintenance.