Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Mad

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2018, 11:31 AM   #51
shrevecity
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 14,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks23 View Post
i guess you don't read or believe what i have said - it was a mistake in the claim by paypal.
Irrelevant had the op agreed you would not have been obligated to return. I am not the only one who sees that. So 2 cards were damaged out of the lot and you were expecting a 67 percent partial refund..
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:39 AM   #52
Yanks23
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
Irrelevant had the op agreed you would not have been obligated to return. I am not the only one who sees that. So 2 cards were damaged out of the lot and you were expecting a 67 percent partial refund..
We should have corrected the paypal claim as it was done incorrectly. just so you know as I stated bought 2 lots of cards and made 2 payments so the claim for was for 2 out 3 cards that I bought in 2nd lot so that is 67%.
Yanks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:44 AM   #53
ainmon
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,064
Default

Hey guys, so again the buyer is only telling things that fit his narrative. Just so everyone is on the same page...

There were two separate transactions one for $240 and one for $400 for a total of eight cards.

The buyer messaged me this morning at 9:59 central and within six minutes at 10:05 I responded to him.

Here is what he said:

"what is going on now? bank denied the refund."

Here is what I said word for word:

"I saw that email this morning. I called my bank and they told me it was denied due to there being multiple transactions back to back. I told them that they were indeed authorized and that they should not have been denied. They assured me that when they go through again they will not be held up. Sorry for the inconvenience on this."

My bank told me that because there were two transactions to the same person in increasing amounts they flagged it as potentially fraudulent and denied them.

So when I post everything that happens and am proactively speaking to the buyer he still takes it upon himself after getting my response and apologizing to try and say that I am lying in the thread and paint himself in a better light.

Unfortunately I have no control over the bank denying the transactions. Once I found out I called to investigate and that is what I was told.
__________________
High end: https://flic.kr/s/aHskR4ze8m
ainmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:49 AM   #54
shrevecity
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 14,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainmon View Post
Hey guys, so again the buyer is only telling things that fit his narrative. Just so everyone is on the same page...

There were two separate transactions one for $240 and one for $400 for a total of eight cards.

The buyer messaged me this morning at 9:59 central and within six minutes at 10:05 I responded to him.

Here is what he said:

"what is going on now? bank denied the refund."

Here is what I said word for word:

"I saw that email this morning. I called my bank and they told me it was denied due to there being multiple transactions back to back. I told them that they were indeed authorized and that they should not have been denied. They assured me that when they go through again they will not be held up. Sorry for the inconvenience on this."

My bank told me that because there were two transactions to the same person in increasing amounts they flagged it as potentially fraudulent and denied them.

So when I post everything that happens and am proactively speaking to the buyer he still takes it upon himself after getting my response and apologizing to try and say that I am lying in the thread and paint himself in a better light.

Unfortunately I have no control over the bank denying the transactions. Once I found out I called to investigate and that is what I was told.
That is possible and is similar to how cc chargebacks can works as well

Yanks should have mentioned you were in contact about the situation

Last edited by shrevecity; 06-13-2018 at 11:51 AM.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:55 AM   #55
ainmon
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
That is possible and is similar to how cc chargebacks can works as well

Yanks should have mentioned you were in contact about the situation
In my opinion I have tried to be super helpful with everything and have even defended the buyer in this thread. (I know doesn't go toward the buyer's assertion that I am one-sided... )

It is unfortunate that he keeps trying to twist things in his favor.
__________________
High end: https://flic.kr/s/aHskR4ze8m
ainmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:25 PM   #56
hche
Member
 
hche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks23 View Post
keep on hearing 1 side of story and go with it
Why you left out the part that you asked and OP responded right away?

OP seems to have told a way more complete story.
__________________
I would ban you but I have no sway or pull here.
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:32 PM   #57
hche
Member
 
hche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainmon View Post
My bank told me that because there were two transactions to the same person in increasing amounts they flagged it as potentially fraudulent and denied them.
Yes, it's a red flag that bank systems may pick up for possible fraudulent transactions. It's up to the bank on how to resolve it.
__________________
I would ban you but I have no sway or pull here.
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:02 PM   #58
mcgahee21nfl
Inactive Account
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
Why you left out the part that you asked and OP responded right away?

OP seems to have told a way more complete story.
Agreed with this. Why Yanks would you post that? He gave you an answer. The least you could've done when posting that the refund was declined is posted what he said.

You are just trying to paint a picture here. Theres no reason to do that. Just post facts and don't omit them.

Seems very dishonest.
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:03 PM   #59
mcgahee21nfl
Inactive Account
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainmon View Post
In my opinion I have tried to be super helpful with everything and have even defended the buyer in this thread. (I know doesn't go toward the buyer's assertion that I am one-sided... )

It is unfortunate that he keeps trying to twist things in his favor.
Don't worry, people on these boards are pretty smart. They can read between the lines. Your defenses are well documented in this thread and there only seems to be egg on his face. Sorry to see you are dealing with this.
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:12 PM   #60
shrevecity
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 14,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainmon View Post
In my opinion I have tried to be super helpful with everything and have even defended the buyer in this thread. (I know doesn't go toward the buyer's assertion that I am one-sided... )

It is unfortunate that he keeps trying to twist things in his favor.
You have pretty much shared both sides and it seems to match up in all aspects to what the buyer has stated. Only difference is the buyer has left out things or tried to deflect them and he is complaining it is one sided. He is the only one paining a one sided view of the situation.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:24 PM   #61
glen87
Member
 
glen87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VERMONT
Posts: 38,720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks23 View Post
i guess you don't read or believe what i have said - it was a mistake in the claim by paypal.
were you the one who initiated the claim?

so when you were presented the options, you selected "keep the item?"
__________________
https://www.flickr.com/photos/glen87/albums
collecting James Madison University players of all sports
glen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.