Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2018, 07:13 AM   #51
mjohnatgt
Member
 
mjohnatgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Niceville, FL
Posts: 4,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
Who knows; maybe something is glitching because COMC is supposed to have a sitewide 50% offer minimum. Not sure why your cards are getting an offer at less than 1%.
This guy suggested it was a glitch.
__________________
Still trying to complete the Jordy Lara 2015 Bowman Draft paper and chrome rainbows. Need metallic paper, red paper, any plate
mjohnatgt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 01:21 PM   #52
JustMoe
Member
 
JustMoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Seattle
Posts: 848
Default

fwiw, I know I can be a pill sometimes, but just like checkoutmydeals, I didn't mean any offense to the OP or anything - I was honestly trying to see if we could replicate the 2 cent offer, and if so, give it to COMC to fix.

Something like this could be subject to abuse, so giving Tim as much information as possible when replicating the issue is important to getting it fixed, as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Hopefully, it's a one time thing and not something other sellers will have to deal with on the website.
__________________
"Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?" - Camille Paglia
Always willing to entertain COMC offers from BO members...just PM me the details and let's talk.
JustMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:16 PM   #53
cardsrus1
Member
 
cardsrus1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bloomington, Illinois
Posts: 2,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
This guy suggested it was a glitch.
You are correct and I apologize for missing it and have corrected my previous post.
__________________
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/cardsrus1

Buying 2002-03 BAP Signature Series Short Print autos I need.
I can always be contacted through AOL.com
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:19 PM   #54
checkoutmydeals
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 1,854
Default

Also, FWIW, Seattle is located at the base of an active volcano. So I reserve the right to make lava jokes at any time.

Even though I've been told that this particular volcano is too hipster to actually erupt lava, and instead, it spews out a kind of gooey mud.

Also, apparently, the volcano has a trash-talking Twitter account.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-like-hawaiis/
__________________
COMC auto accept is currently set at 25% off.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:27 PM   #55
cardsrus1
Member
 
cardsrus1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bloomington, Illinois
Posts: 2,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMoe View Post
fwiw, I know I can be a pill sometimes, but just like checkoutmydeals, I didn't mean any offense to the OP or anything - I was honestly trying to see if we could replicate the 2 cent offer, and if so, give it to COMC to fix.

Something like this could be subject to abuse, so giving Tim as much information as possible when replicating the issue is important to getting it fixed, as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Hopefully, it's a one time thing and not something other sellers will have to deal with on the website.
Tim is aware of my situation and did not express too much concern as it is not easy to replicate. Which I interpreted to be that to close it would be complicated. I doubt in can really be abused unless someone is not paying attention to the actual offers. In that case it is on the seller. I would love to see a screen shot of the offer in question, but I doubt that is going to ever happen. I would imagine Tim should also be more than a little curious to see what actually happened with the original poster, but who knows anymore.
__________________
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/cardsrus1

Buying 2002-03 BAP Signature Series Short Print autos I need.
I can always be contacted through AOL.com
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:59 PM   #56
cardsrus1
Member
 
cardsrus1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bloomington, Illinois
Posts: 2,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
Also, FWIW, Seattle is located at the base of an active volcano. So I reserve the right to make lava jokes at any time.

Even though I've been told that this particular volcano is too hipster to actually erupt lava, and instead, it spews out a kind of gooey mud.

Also, apparently, the volcano has a trash-talking Twitter account.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-like-hawaiis/
For the record I did inquire many years ago and was told our items are covered, no pun intended. Lava is not the concern, pyroclastic flow is the real threat. I thought it was Moe that I went through, but it could have been before his term. Seemed like a good topic to discuss before sending too many of my cards to them.
__________________
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Users/cardsrus1

Buying 2002-03 BAP Signature Series Short Print autos I need.
I can always be contacted through AOL.com
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:51 PM   #57
JustMoe
Member
 
JustMoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Seattle
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
For the record I did inquire many years ago and was told our items are covered, no pun intended. Lava is not the concern, pyroclastic flow is the real threat. I thought it was Moe that I went through, but it could have been before his term. Seemed like a good topic to discuss before sending too many of my cards to them.
We did discuss this before; the danger from Mt. Rainier is a phenomenon called "Lahar" - a violent type of mudflow or debris flow composed of a slurry of pyroclastic material, rocky debris and water (thank you Wikipedia)

Meaning the heat from the volcano would melt the snow on the mountain, resulting in a runoff of water, mud, and anything else currently existing on the side of the mountain.

If you google "Mt. Rainier Lahar Hazard Map", you'll see that some of the projections predict the town of Auburn is on the outer edge of the potentially affected area, which is where I'm led to believe one of the COMC warehouses is currently located but the main office of Redmond is just too far away to deal with anything more serious than some fallen ash...
__________________
"Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?" - Camille Paglia
Always willing to entertain COMC offers from BO members...just PM me the details and let's talk.
JustMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:10 PM   #58
checkoutmydeals
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 1,854
Default

Also, Yellowstone is some sort of super volcano, and when it blows, it will extinguish all life in a 1500 mile radius, which probably includes all COMC warehouses. But after that, most of the items should be safe if they were in toploaders.

Additionally, the moon is drifting away from the Earth at a rate of about 1.5 inches per year, and when it finally breaks loose, that's going to cause all sorts of problems.
__________________
COMC auto accept is currently set at 25% off.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:30 PM   #59
JustMoe
Member
 
JustMoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Seattle
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
Also, Yellowstone is some sort of super volcano, and when it blows, it will extinguish all life in a 1500 mile radius, which probably includes all COMC warehouses. But after that, most of the items should be safe if they were in toploaders.

Additionally, the moon is drifting away from the Earth at a rate of about 1.5 inches per year, and when it finally breaks loose, that's going to cause all sorts of problems.
Dude...aren't you just a ray of fricken sunshine? Care to tell us when the the sun's going to burn out, or when Skynet is going to take over and we'll be ruled by Terminators?

And, according to Google Maps, both Redmond and Auburn are within the 1500 mile radius of Yellowstone, so when it blows, there go all those copies of the 91-92 UD Zigmund Palffy...
__________________
"Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?" - Camille Paglia
Always willing to entertain COMC offers from BO members...just PM me the details and let's talk.
JustMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:08 AM   #60
checkoutmydeals
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 1,854
Default

Care to tell us when the the sun's going to burn out, or when Skynet is going to take over and we'll be ruled by Terminators?

That's where the story line was headed before we were sidetracked.

The COMC employee was trapped in a broom closet while the mutated sentient memorabilia cards were prowling around the warehouse looking to feed on human flesh and seek revenge for their dinged corners. He can only ask for help by adding condition notes to various cards.

Then, Future Moe uses the Flux Capacitor to travel back in time and says, "come with me if you want to live". Meanwhile, Mount Ranier is starting to smolder...
__________________
COMC auto accept is currently set at 25% off.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:48 PM   #61
mjohnatgt
Member
 
mjohnatgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Niceville, FL
Posts: 4,122
Default

Gee, I get the email from COMC about how we should insure our collections with a company, and it doesn't say anywhere in there "We use this company as well to insure your cards!" Figured it would get some play here.
__________________
Still trying to complete the Jordy Lara 2015 Bowman Draft paper and chrome rainbows. Need metallic paper, red paper, any plate
mjohnatgt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:19 PM   #62
JustMoe
Member
 
JustMoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Seattle
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
Care to tell us when the the sun's going to burn out, or when Skynet is going to take over and we'll be ruled by Terminators?

That's where the story line was headed before we were sidetracked.

The COMC employee was trapped in a broom closet while the mutated sentient memorabilia cards were prowling around the warehouse looking to feed on human flesh and seek revenge for their dinged corners. He can only ask for help by adding condition notes to various cards.

Then, Future Moe uses the Flux Capacitor to travel back in time and says, "come with me if you want to live". Meanwhile, Mount Ranier is starting to smolder...
This is amusing, but I gotta be honest; I'll bet dollars to donuts that there's a restraining order on me, meaning I'm not allowed within XX feet of the premises. So, that COMC employee better find another way to "Get to the Choppa" because WA state law says I will not be back...
__________________
"Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?" - Camille Paglia
Always willing to entertain COMC offers from BO members...just PM me the details and let's talk.
JustMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:59 PM   #63
checkoutmydeals
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 1,854
Default

There's no restraining order on Cybernetic Future Moe. That's the loophole.
__________________
COMC auto accept is currently set at 25% off.
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:53 AM   #64
pfb11
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
It isn't possible to send a 2 cent offer on a single card, unless the card is already priced at 2 cents.

By default, the minimum offer amount is 50 cents per offer. You can reduce this to 10 cents, or raise it to $100 in your settings. But you cannot reduce it below 10 cents.

By default, the minimum offer percentage is 50% off asking price. You can set this as high as 0% off asking price. But you cannot set it below 50% off asking price.
There are definitely some sellers who allow offers below 50%.
__________________
isn't it great when you click the "view post" link on a ignored poster, and your decision to block is reaffirmed?
pfb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:35 AM   #65
mjohnatgt
Member
 
mjohnatgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Niceville, FL
Posts: 4,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb11 View Post
There are definitely some sellers who allow offers below 50%.
Are you confusing port sales or site %-off sales? We're talking about direct offers sent on a single card Sellers are not supposed to get any offer under 50%.
__________________
Still trying to complete the Jordy Lara 2015 Bowman Draft paper and chrome rainbows. Need metallic paper, red paper, any plate
mjohnatgt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:46 AM   #66
adamdavidson47
Member
 
adamdavidson47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 651
Default

It's impossible to offer less than 50% of asking
__________________
Looking for 1959 Topps Allstars graded PSA or BGS. Preferably 5 or higher, but I would look at lower end if need be.
Check out my COMC for great deals!!
adamdavidson47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:58 AM   #67
hofs4u
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdavidson47 View Post
It's impossible to offer less than 50% of asking
Actually, as is the case with most things on COMC, there is an exception to the rule. If the seller bought the item in "Simplified Shipping Mode" instead of "Advanced Reselling Mode" the shipping cost becomes a part of the price. It is reimbursed by COMC upon sale and does not count toward the price that is subject to the offer.

So, for example if seller bought a card in SSM and prices is at 2.00, the first .25 is reimbursement from COMC and the remaining 1.75 is subject to the offer. If their offer threshold is set at 50%, you can offer .88 on a 2.00 card. Same with a graded card, priced at 10. The first 1 is reimbursed from COMC, so you can make a 4.50 offer on the 10 card.
hofs4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:55 PM   #68
adamdavidson47
Member
 
adamdavidson47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofs4u View Post
Actually, as is the case with most things on COMC, there is an exception to the rule. If the seller bought the item in "Simplified Shipping Mode" instead of "Advanced Reselling Mode" the shipping cost becomes a part of the price. It is reimbursed by COMC upon sale and does not count toward the price that is subject to the offer.

So, for example if seller bought a card in SSM and prices is at 2.00, the first .25 is reimbursement from COMC and the remaining 1.75 is subject to the offer. If their offer threshold is set at 50%, you can offer .88 on a 2.00 card. Same with a graded card, priced at 10. The first 1 is reimbursed from COMC, so you can make a 4.50 offer on the 10 card.
I don't know why anyone would use simplified mode
__________________
Looking for 1959 Topps Allstars graded PSA or BGS. Preferably 5 or higher, but I would look at lower end if need be.
Check out my COMC for great deals!!
adamdavidson47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #69
hofs4u
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdavidson47 View Post
I don't know why anyone would use simplified mode
When I first started on COMC, I was buying for PC. It wasn't until after I started flipping that I found out about Advanced Reselling Mode and switched over to it. So in the beginning, many of my cards had the shipping pre-paid. I'm sure there are a number of people in the same boat, or they decided against taking delivery on certain cards and put them up for sale.

Anyway, it's irrelevant, as the point was that many sellers are open to, and COMC facilitates, offers at less than 50%.

Here is one offer that can be made at 66.6% off:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2018-06-14 at 1.49.40 PM.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	420170
hofs4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:51 PM   #70
pfb11
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
Are you confusing port sales or site %-off sales? We're talking about direct offers sent on a single card Sellers are not supposed to get any offer under 50%.
Yes. I usually put in a dime to see the minimum, and there are def a couple sellers who allow <50. Once or twice, I have offered like 30-40% because something was overpriced
__________________
isn't it great when you click the "view post" link on a ignored poster, and your decision to block is reaffirmed?
pfb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:33 PM   #71
adamdavidson47
Member
 
adamdavidson47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofs4u View Post
When I first started on COMC, I was buying for PC. It wasn't until after I started flipping that I found out about Advanced Reselling Mode and switched over to it. So in the beginning, many of my cards had the shipping pre-paid. I'm sure there are a number of people in the same boat, or they decided against taking delivery on certain cards and put them up for sale.

Anyway, it's irrelevant, as the point was that many sellers are open to, and COMC facilitates, offers at less than 50%.

Here is one offer that can be made at 66.6% off:

Attachment 420170
That's not 66.6% off, though because the .75 is really .50 going to the seller.
__________________
Looking for 1959 Topps Allstars graded PSA or BGS. Preferably 5 or higher, but I would look at lower end if need be.
Check out my COMC for great deals!!
adamdavidson47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:26 PM   #72
hofs4u
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdavidson47 View Post
That's not 66.6% off, though because the .75 is really .50 going to the seller.
Doesn't matter what is going to the seller (and that is the exception that I detailed above where some of what goes to the seller is reimbursement of pre-paid shipping from COMC), buyers can offer less than 50% of the COMC asking price in those situations. A buyer was saying that they could offer less than 50% of the COMC price, and I have provided the screenshot, showing this is the case. This is all from the buyer's perspective.

You responded to this buyer, with the following statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdavidson47 View Post
It's impossible to offer less than 50% of asking
See above. Seller is asking .75 and offer is for .25.
hofs4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:41 PM   #73
adamdavidson47
Member
 
adamdavidson47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 651
Default

You are missing the point. That shows up as for sale for .50 to the seller. The .25 is shipping in simplified mode. The card is actually for sale for .50 not .75.
__________________
Looking for 1959 Topps Allstars graded PSA or BGS. Preferably 5 or higher, but I would look at lower end if need be.
Check out my COMC for great deals!!
adamdavidson47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:09 PM   #74
mjohnatgt
Member
 
mjohnatgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Niceville, FL
Posts: 4,122
Default

Yeah, this discussion is about offering 2 cents on $10 cards. Not edge cases where we're arguing over nickels.
__________________
Still trying to complete the Jordy Lara 2015 Bowman Draft paper and chrome rainbows. Need metallic paper, red paper, any plate
mjohnatgt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:59 AM   #75
mc1
Member
 
mc1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb11 View Post
Yes. I usually put in a dime to see the minimum, and there are def a couple sellers who allow <50. Once or twice, I have offered like 30-40% because something was overpriced
Wonder why I keep getting this message when I try to save my min offer %

Must be a value between 50 and 100
mc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.