Blowout Cards Forums
2017 Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Sports & Politics

Notices

Sports & Politics This section is for all political sports talk. Regrettably we feel that in some instances there is no way to eliminate politics from football, basketball, and baseball hobbytalk. Do you pretend nothing is happening with the Warriors, Steelers, A's, etc? This section is for all political sports discussion. However, it is for civil discussion only. No insults aimed at members, political parties, or politicians will be tolerated. There is no warning. If you cannot be civil, you will lose your posting privileges on this site.

Old Yesterday, 11:46 PM   #701
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzle View Post
You're right. Mine actually has to do with football, which is what they purchased football tickets to go see.

DirecTV offered refunds as a business move, not any kind of morality move. They were attempting to keep paying customers, as opposed to this guy, who is literally suing so that he WON'T become a paying customer anymore.

He bought FOOTBALL SEASON TICKETS. He got exactly what he paid for. He got 10 legal and usable tickets to Saints home games. End of story. The transaction is complete. Emotions may make him not happy with his purchase, which just means he won't buy them again next year. Emotions don't mean that he gets to sue because he made a bad purchase. Everybody makes bad purchases. He needs to move on with his life.
He paid for entertainment provided by a football team. Just like directTV customers paid to be entertained watching football. Taking that money and then using that platform to push a racist political agenda is a sham. Thatís why directTV offered the refunds. They realized how messed up it was to keep peopleís money who did not pay to force fed political opinions.
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos
pgisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM   #702
preakness

Can We agree that usc and Oregon cheerleaders are hot?
preakness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:54 PM   #703
jj2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post
He paid for entertainment provided by a football team. Just like directTV customers paid to be entertained watching football. Taking that money and then using that platform to push a racist political agenda is a sham. Thatís why directTV offered the refunds. They realized how messed up it was to keep peopleís money who did not pay to force fed political opinions.
Did they call the football game off?
jj2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:00 AM   #704
fazzle

Quote:
The NFL is not wrestling. It is not sports entertainment. It's a sporting event. He paid for the right to sit in a seat for that sporting event, and they delivered what he purchased. Him thinking he was deserving of something other than what he purchased is his problem, not the NFL's or the Saints'.

As far as DirecTV goes, it's hilarious that you think *any* multi-billion dollar media empire gives a damn about your feelings. You're not a person to them, you're an account number. That's the only reason why they offered the refunds, was to get the publicity from doing so, and bring in extra money. If you think ANY brand cares about you as a person, especially your TV provider, you're just setting yourself up to get taken advantage of down the line.
fazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:12 AM   #705
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzle View Post
The NFL is not wrestling. It is not sports entertainment. It's a sporting event. He paid for the right to sit in a seat for that sporting event, and they delivered what he purchased. Him thinking he was deserving of something other than what he purchased is his problem, not the NFL's or the Saints'.
Thatís not how things work. He paid $8k to watch football for entertainment purposes. Them taking that money and using it to push a racist political agenda is wrong. Itís using peopleís money that it wasnít intended for. One reason why directTV was so quick to offer refunds. Because they knew their customers did not buy their product to watch players protesting the national anthem and using the NFL as their personal SJW platform. All NFL teams should have offered refunds from the beginning to give people who no longer support the NFL a chance to get their money back.
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos
pgisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:16 AM   #706
jj2

Quote:
Thatís not how things work. He paid $8k to watch football for entertainment purposes. Them taking that money and using it to push a racist political agenda is wrong. Itís using peopleís money that it wasnít intended for. One reason why directTV was so quick to offer refunds. Because they knew their customers did not buy their product to watch players protesting the national anthem and using the NFL as their personal SJW platform. All NFL teams should have offered refunds from the beginning to give people who no longer support the NFL a chance to get their money back.
Poor snowflakes.
jj2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:24 AM   #707
fazzle

Quote:
That’s not how things work. He paid $8k to watch football for entertainment purposes. Them taking that money and using it to push a racist political agenda is wrong. It’s using people’s money that it wasn’t intended for. One reason why directTV was so quick to offer refunds. Because they knew their customers did not buy their product to watch players protesting the national anthem and using the NFL as their personal SJW platform. All NFL teams should have offered refunds from the beginning to give people who no longer support the NFL a chance to get their money back.
You're missing the one HUGE difference between the NFL and DirecTV refunds. When DirecTV offers refunds they're doing 2 things: retaining customers and getting good PR (in certain circles) that can then bring in more money. If the NFL were to issue refunds, they'd only be doing one thing, losing money. Why in the hell would they do that? Again, you keep going back to DirecTV doing it because they know it's "right" as if they care about you, or anyone else. It has absolutely zero to do with any kind of political stance for them, it's business. You and I, and everyone else, are NUMBERS, not people to them.

Besides, you said it yourself. He paid $8000 to watch football. He still was able to watch every game he paid for. Case closed. He's really completely unable to enjoy the game because his fragile psyche can't handle someone saying or doing something he doesn't like? Suck it up, buttercup.
Old Today, 01:55 AM   #708
chugga15

I can only speak for myself. So far this season, I have barely watched the NFL. Right now I am watching my team about 15% of their gametime, and I never watch other teams.

Last year I watched every "team game" and 1-3 other games.

Is this due to the kneeling? I honestly don't know.

I do hate the fact that ESPN has become a political douche. I hate that I can't watch football without distractions. I hate that I have to accept others' beliefs without them considering mine.

My two cents.

Last edited by chugga15; Today at 01:58 AM.
chugga15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:00 AM   #709
fazzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chugga15 View Post
I do hate the fact that ESPN has become a political douche. I hate that I can't watch football without distractions. I hate that I have to accept others' beliefs without them considering mine.

I'll absolutely agree with this. I haven't watched ESPN in at least 5 years due to how much they go out of their way to talk about everything BUT the sports themselves. The only thing ESPN does that I watch online is the occasional 30 for 30 and the Not Top 10, which they've also managed to completely ruin.