Blowout Cards Forums
spook

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2016, 12:42 AM   #1
phillies347
Member
 
phillies347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 4,412
Default All I want to do is talk about COMC

I look at the threads posted in this subforum daily, but it all seems to be the same general discussion about how COMC needs to improve. I agree that COMC has many flaws, but on the other hand, I am a huge fan of COMC, an active buyer, and an active seller. I just want to talk about my day-to-day experiences on COMC with other buyers and sellers.

I have 2 accounts on COMC ; one account is solely for flipping. I work with cards that are unique to the site, and I've had some positive results. I've pieced together and flipped 13 ports in 2015, profiting approximately $1k in total. Sellers have been happy with the ports, and many have bought more than one, so it has been a win-win for both parties. I use my second account to buy cards for my ever-changing PC. I'm usually willing to overpay a bit for higher end singles, as it beats a 20% cash out fee. Moreover, I am starting to submit cards for the first time (my first submission is currently processing) I plan to purchase a few ports and continually submit cards, and I dream of building a card empire on COMC as large as TheBretts

How are you doing on COMC as a seller? Are your sales trending upward or downward? Do you submit cards often, and if so, what type of cards are you submitting the most? Or do you solely flip cards on COMC? I want to hear what is working/not working for everyone else, and simply talk about COMC.
__________________
2011 Tier One On The Rise Auto Set: 55/55 100%
2011 Tier One Black /50 Set: 28/100 28%
2015 Topps Tek Auto Set (/99 or less): 56/89 63%
phillies347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 12:51 AM   #2
jerryw
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies347 View Post
I look at the threads posted in this subforum daily, but it all seems to be the same general discussion about how COMC needs to improve. I agree that COMC has many flaws, but on the other hand, I am a huge fan of COMC, an active buyer, and an active seller. I just want to talk about my day-to-day experiences on COMC with other buyers and sellers.

I have 2 accounts on COMC ; one account is solely for flipping. I work with cards that are unique to the site, and I've had some positive results. I've pieced together and flipped 13 ports in 2015, profiting approximately $1k in total. Sellers have been happy with the ports, and many have bought more than one, so it has been a win-win for both parties. I use my second account to buy cards for my ever-changing PC. I'm usually willing to overpay a bit for higher end singles, as it beats a 20% cash out fee. Moreover, I am starting to submit cards for the first time (my first submission is currently processing) I plan to purchase a few ports and continually submit cards, and I dream of building a card empire on COMC as large as TheBretts

How are you doing on COMC as a seller? Are your sales trending upward or downward? Do you submit cards often, and if so, what type of cards are you submitting the most? Or do you solely flip cards on COMC? I want to hear what is working/not working for everyone else, and simply talk about COMC.


thebretts port is just over compensating for other not so big things haha
__________________
deals in progress
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 12:53 AM   #3
jerryw
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies347 View Post
I look at the threads posted in this subforum daily, but it all seems to be the same general discussion about how COMC needs to improve. I agree that COMC has many flaws, but on the other hand, I am a huge fan of COMC, an active buyer, and an active seller. I just want to talk about my day-to-day experiences on COMC with other buyers and sellers.

I have 2 accounts on COMC ; one account is solely for flipping. I work with cards that are unique to the site, and I've had some positive results. I've pieced together and flipped 13 ports in 2015, profiting approximately $1k in total. Sellers have been happy with the ports, and many have bought more than one, so it has been a win-win for both parties. I use my second account to buy cards for my ever-changing PC. I'm usually willing to overpay a bit for higher end singles, as it beats a 20% cash out fee. Moreover, I am starting to submit cards for the first time (my first submission is currently processing) I plan to purchase a few ports and continually submit cards, and I dream of building a card empire on COMC as large as TheBretts

How are you doing on COMC as a seller? Are your sales trending upward or downward? Do you submit cards often, and if so, what type of cards are you submitting the most? Or do you solely flip cards on COMC? I want to hear what is working/not working for everyone else, and simply talk about COMC.
I submit cards and buy ports then once I hit double my money I do what everyone else does and sell my port to thebrett before storage fees kick in lol
__________________
deals in progress
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 01:31 AM   #4
Jonathon M
Member
 
Jonathon M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia (But Have a forwarding USA address)
Posts: 1,789
Default

Comc is fun, it allows me to stay active in the hobby without being driven out by the fallen Australian dollar or by eBay's global shipping crap. I'm also not spending money on the cc or out the account, so the missus is happy.... Flipping is fun and it's the only place that makes it viable for lower end stuff... I've also picked up some great PC stuff as well... It is not without its issues though, but the pros still outweigh the cons for me
__________________
Up to 25% off offers considered on my COMC!!!
(min offer 60c) ..... Over 15000 cards!!!
**Please be aware that I live in Australia and the time difference can cause delays in communication**
Jonathon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 06:59 AM   #5
JMarchand1981
Member
 
JMarchand1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 26,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathon M View Post
Comc is fun, it allows me to stay active in the hobby without being driven out by the fallen Australian dollar or by eBay's global shipping crap. I'm also not spending money on the cc or out the account, so the missus is happy.... Flipping is fun and it's the only place that makes it viable for lower end stuff... I've also picked up some great PC stuff as well... It is not without its issues though, but the pros still outweigh the cons for me
What happened to the Australian dollar? Is there problems with the economy is Australia or is it booming and the dollar is dumbed down?
__________________
https://www.flickr.com/gp/123704671@N02/39KQjp
Bulls eat, bears eat, pigs get slaughtered
JMarchand1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:33 AM   #6
chezball
Member
 
chezball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Beatoff USA
Posts: 14,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarchand1981 View Post
What happened to the Australian dollar? Is there problems with the economy is Australia or is it booming and the dollar is dumbed down?
1 Australian Dollar equals
0.73 US Dollar
__________________
REMEMBER, JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SIX FEET OF DIRT TOSSED ON YOU, IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU A GOOD PERSON ALL OF A SUDDEN
chezball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:59 PM   #7
JMarchand1981
Member
 
JMarchand1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 26,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
1 Australian Dollar equals
0.73 US Dollar
Brutal.
__________________
https://www.flickr.com/gp/123704671@N02/39KQjp
Bulls eat, bears eat, pigs get slaughtered
JMarchand1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:08 PM   #8
chezball
Member
 
chezball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Beatoff USA
Posts: 14,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarchand1981 View Post
Brutal.
1 Canadian Dollar equals
0.72 US Dollar
Just as bad.
__________________
REMEMBER, JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SIX FEET OF DIRT TOSSED ON YOU, IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU A GOOD PERSON ALL OF A SUDDEN
chezball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:44 PM   #9
jefflasvegas
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
1 Canadian Dollar equals
0.72 US Dollar
Just as bad.
key w currency is if it holds the price for a period of time or if it has downward fluctuation.
jefflasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:52 PM   #10
jefflasvegas
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies347 View Post

How are you doing on COMC as a seller? Are your sales trending upward or downward? Do you submit cards often, and if so, what type of cards are you submitting the most? Or do you solely flip cards on COMC? I want to hear what is working/not working for everyone else, and simply talk about COMC.

My sales have been on a positive upswing the last two years. 2015 had my highest $ sold and highest volume since 2012.

2015 $7,781.20 4,085
2014 $4,707.68 3,794
2013 $5,993.14 4,074
2012 $6,789.43 5,272
2011 $5,724.18 4,450
2010 $4,791.51 3,494
2009 $1,480.30 1,404

I flip cards and also send in. The goal of my flips is to make enough profit to cover my storage fees and submission fees. With my sales of submitted cards, I use the money to pick up cards for my PC or to flip. Due to my sales this past year, I was able to pick up a Jordan PSA 9.
jefflasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 05:48 PM   #11
frantzchize
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 96
Default

Hi All - New to COMC this year, and really only started using it more over the past few months. I used to only use it for the cheap stuff I didn't want to list on eBay, but now find it works well for nicer stuff as well due to the international audience wanting to avoid global shipping (I wont sell on ebay without it), willingness of people to spend up on cards vs cashing out and losing 20%, and the time saved not having to scan, list, and relist cards.

I've also been ripping a ton of 2012 basketball products because of the ease of sending 50% of the cards in to COMC. Without COMC, I would not be able to recoup enough money to continue my ripping addiction. (not sure this is a positive )

My new problem, as I approach 5000 cards... maintenance fees. I imagine they are well worth it, but I haven't adjusted yet to the $50 a month in fees nor done the math to break it all down. At some point, the reality will set in that I have 1500 cards on comc that may never sell!

On a disappointing note, I often try to find nice $1000 cards to use my credit on, and can very rarely find anything that isn't considerably overpriced... but hey, I suppose that's part of the game, as I do it on a few cards as well. I like that if I don't want to sell a card at market value, I can leave it up on COMC without having to relist, or answer repeated eBay questions about how the "last one only sold for this, and my offer is more than fair".. etc.

And hey.. If we are just going to cash out and lose 20%, might as well pass it along to another seller.

I have not had any of the negative experiences with COMC that people go on about in other threads. My own are self-inflicted. Most often when pricing hundreds of cards, and mistaking an Auto for a non Auto and listing for $3 instead of $30. Amazing how fast people are there to take advantage of my mistake. Literally sells in seconds. (Thanks for whomever ripped me off of my Syndergaard TEK the other day...)

New idea.. take if from me.. then message me with a "hey, I saved you... you can buy this back by letting me profit a few bucks..."

Anyway.. enjoyed my experiences so far. Sorry to bore you all with the long-winded post. I'm usually just a silent reader of the posts as I learn how this all works.

Sales:

December 2015 $1,928.29 604
November 2015 $1,202.53 471
October 2015 $661.07 293
September 2015 $606.65 124
August 2015 $365.61 173
July 2015 $315.23 120
June 2015 $249.21 256
May 2015 $364.11 134
April 2015 $204.86 118
March 2015 $285.43 173
February 2015 $197.30 75
January 2015 $27.42 20

Last edited by frantzchize; 01-01-2016 at 08:50 PM.
frantzchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 07:11 PM   #12
tyrodsports
Member
 
tyrodsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 827
Default

I have been with COMC since the end of 2012. Originally, I started with a small submission and really enjoyed the customer service that was provided, the velocity of sales, and all of the discussion that takes place on the boards. It was great watching cards move that would normally just sit. Lately, I have been more into flipping as I refuse to submit any more of my cards with their current processing practices. I was losing to much money on my submissions.

Even though customer service is no longer at the level it was when I first started, the site itself is still provides a lot of fun for me. At one point, I really considered removing myself from COMC because of the issues that were and still are going on. Issues like...lack of transparency, damaged cards, absence of Tim, etc...

Though, I felt the need to leave...I stayed the course. In order to do so, I had to come to terms that my input really does not matter, that management no longer cares to see what we have to say (frequently ask questions on their blog posts, that they do not allow to go through), and failing to answer questions posed by big time players. This was all after a long display of loyalty by members during the Beckett issues. At one point...individuals quit having their cards processed and just put on the back burner. Yet, people stayed loyal-because Tim said things would get better. Then fees were increased, processing times grew (have seemed to get better), and the disappearance of Tim. My opinion was that in his absence, whoever was running the show...only had the dollar in mind.

Not all doom and gloom though. My sales have been higher than ever and in fact...Dec was my best selling month since I joined in volume. I had nearly doubled the best output month and this is what makes it fun.

It will never be what it was, but as long as I know what to expect...I will continue to have fun.
__________________
Collect Bears, Dodgers and Lakers.

Feel free to check me out
http://www.comc.com/Users/tyrodsports,sr,i100
tyrodsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:57 PM   #13
Jonathon M
Member
 
Jonathon M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia (But Have a forwarding USA address)
Posts: 1,789
Default

Yeah, the dollar is crap for collecting but i think it's better for the country in many ways as it helps exporters compete, and domestic tourism and retail benefit which keeps the money in Australia

Here's my stats.. hoping for $10K in sales this year

2015 $6,606.33 2,267
2014 $1,826.91 423
2013 $79.70 . 91
__________________
Up to 25% off offers considered on my COMC!!!
(min offer 60c) ..... Over 15000 cards!!!
**Please be aware that I live in Australia and the time difference can cause delays in communication**

Last edited by Jonathon M; 01-01-2016 at 10:11 PM.
Jonathon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:30 PM   #14
Swipe79
Member
 
Swipe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
Posts: 9,044
Default

I think this will be a pivotal year. It seems like more and more lately my contact with COMC has had an attitude of "we don't really care what you think, we're doing things our way." I've asked a number of questions and made suggestions in the last couple of months and each time it seems a party line response is all I've gotten.

We'll see what the year holds. I had a great 2015, but I don't credit it to COMC being a great site as much as my selling/buying strategies as a user.

2015 $11,260.21 13,583
2014 $8,668.53 7,411
2013 $4,395.16 3,882
2012 $2,407.62 2,371
__________________
COMC - 20% Auto Accept Always!
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:56 PM   #15
Dragonman
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa.
Posts: 503
Default

Just about everyone's sales are better than ever, so it is not selling/buying strategies. It is Comc
Dragonman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:57 PM   #16
phillies347
Member
 
phillies347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 4,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefflasvegas View Post
My sales have been on a positive upswing the last two years. 2015 had my highest $ sold and highest volume since 2012.

2015 $7,781.20 4,085
2014 $4,707.68 3,794
2013 $5,993.14 4,074
2012 $6,789.43 5,272
2011 $5,724.18 4,450
2010 $4,791.51 3,494
2009 $1,480.30 1,404

I flip cards and also send in. The goal of my flips is to make enough profit to cover my storage fees and submission fees. With my sales of submitted cards, I use the money to pick up cards for my PC or to flip. Due to my sales this past year, I was able to pick up a Jordan PSA 9.
That's a nice jump in sales in 2015, you must be doing something right haha

It seems that everyone that has posted so far has seen an increase in sales this year

My sales aren't really based upon any factors except for the amount of time I put in to flipping. The more I buy, the more I sell. I took a break in late August-September.
January 2016 $115.00 110
December 2015 $584.19 670
November 2015 $313.24 263
October 2015 $253.20 210
September 2015 $75.80 73
August 2015 $225.24 170
July 2015 $478.41 1,133
June 2015 $332.63 498
May 2015 $155.90 199
April 2015 $293.32 232
March 2015 $1,498.93 812
February 2015 $991.26 696
January 2015 $424.18 542
__________________
2011 Tier One On The Rise Auto Set: 55/55 100%
2011 Tier One Black /50 Set: 28/100 28%
2015 Topps Tek Auto Set (/99 or less): 56/89 63%
phillies347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:59 PM   #17
phillies347
Member
 
phillies347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 4,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
I think this will be a pivotal year. It seems like more and more lately my contact with COMC has had an attitude of "we don't really care what you think, we're doing things our way." I've asked a number of questions and made suggestions in the last couple of months and each time it seems a party line response is all I've gotten.

We'll see what the year holds. I had a great 2015, but I don't credit it to COMC being a great site as much as my selling/buying strategies as a user

2015 $11,260.21 13,583
2014 $8,668.53 7,411
2013 $4,395.16 3,882
2012 $2,407.62 2,371
What do you think will be pivotal? Are you expecting a big change in the site?
__________________
2011 Tier One On The Rise Auto Set: 55/55 100%
2011 Tier One Black /50 Set: 28/100 28%
2015 Topps Tek Auto Set (/99 or less): 56/89 63%
phillies347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:01 PM   #18
Dragonman
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa.
Posts: 503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrodsports View Post
I have been with COMC since the end of 2012. Originally, I started with a small submission and really enjoyed the customer service that was provided, the velocity of sales, and all of the discussion that takes place on the boards. It was great watching cards move that would normally just sit. Lately, I have been more into flipping as I refuse to submit any more of my cards with their current processing practices. I was losing to much money on my submissions.

Even though customer service is no longer at the level it was when I first started, the site itself is still provides a lot of fun for me. At one point, I really considered removing myself from COMC because of the issues that were and still are going on. Issues like...lack of transparency, damaged cards, absence of Tim, etc...

Though, I felt the need to leave...I stayed the course. In order to do so, I had to come to terms that my input really does not matter, that management no longer cares to see what we have to say (frequently ask questions on their blog posts, that they do not allow to go through), and failing to answer questions posed by big time players. This was all after a long display of loyalty by members during the Beckett issues. At one point...individuals quit having their cards processed and just put on the back burner. Yet, people stayed loyal-because Tim said things would get better. Then fees were increased, processing times grew (have seemed to get better), and the disappearance of Tim. My opinion was that in his absence, whoever was running the show...only had the dollar in mind.

Not all doom and gloom though. My sales have been higher than ever and in fact...Dec was my best selling month since I joined in volume. I had nearly doubled the best output month and this is what makes it fun.

It will never be what it was, but as long as I know what to expect...I will continue to have fun.
Tim hasn't disappeared. He just does not come on here. I am sure he does not want to deal with people who hang out on forums. People need to realize that they do not follow this forum.
Dragonman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:07 PM   #19
37Jetson
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chattanooga TN
Posts: 12,703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
People need to realize that they do not follow this forum.
Actually, they follow these forums very closely.

I would like to see COMC bring back some of their good ideas of the past like a Submission Hot List (like they had 5 years ago) where you could submit the hot cards of the moment for free and have them listed in a week or so.

Take this idea and further incentivize for quick sales (by reducing fees) and you could have a site with a great selection of hot cards with competitive pricing to Ebay because the fees would be same or better. COMC would make a lot more money turning $60 Mike Trout Update Rookie at 10% versus their current fees on a 1983 Donruss Rick Leach.
__________________
Collecting Vintage Detroit Tigers
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:18 PM   #20
Dragonman
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa.
Posts: 503
Default

Actually I know from a good source that they do not.

Last edited by Dragonman; 01-01-2016 at 11:34 PM.
Dragonman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:25 PM   #21
phillies347
Member
 
phillies347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 4,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Actually, they follow these forums very closely.

I would like to see COMC bring back some of their good ideas of the past like a Submission Hot List (like they had 5 years ago) where you could submit the hot cards of the moment for free and have them listed in a week or so.

Take this idea and further incentivize for quick sales (by reducing fees) and you could have a site with a great selection of hot cards with competitive pricing to Ebay because the fees would be same or better. COMC would make a lot more money turning $60 Mike Trout Update Rookie at 10% versus their current fees on a 1983 Donruss Rick Leach.
I remember when they did this, I liked the idea. Brings a greater audience to the site --> more traffic and buyers
__________________
2011 Tier One On The Rise Auto Set: 55/55 100%
2011 Tier One Black /50 Set: 28/100 28%
2015 Topps Tek Auto Set (/99 or less): 56/89 63%
phillies347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:26 PM   #22
Jonathon M
Member
 
Jonathon M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia (But Have a forwarding USA address)
Posts: 1,789
Default

Actually my sales increase due to putting everything I sell back in therefore my port is always growing. Comc provide a great platform to buy and sell but their management leaves much to be desired
__________________
Up to 25% off offers considered on my COMC!!!
(min offer 60c) ..... Over 15000 cards!!!
**Please be aware that I live in Australia and the time difference can cause delays in communication**
Jonathon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:32 PM   #23
Dragonman
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa.
Posts: 503
Default

I agree and customer service is not what it used to be....When you have a grievance or a suggestion it is probably best to call and hope they return your call if they do not answer.
Dragonman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:56 PM   #24
Swipe79
Member
 
Swipe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
Posts: 9,044
Default

You're entitled to your opinion certainly, but I'll disagree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
Just about everyone's sales are better than ever, so it is not selling/buying strategies. It is Comc
__________________
COMC - 20% Auto Accept Always!
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 12:00 AM   #25
Swipe79
Member
 
Swipe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, ID
Posts: 9,044
Default

I began using the site in 2008. I began selling in the fall of 2012.

The difference between then and now in regards to a variety of things is vastly different. They're coming out from under the Beckett mess finally, but there are a number of issues they need to deal with.

I think there are a number of users on the edge about the site and how things go this year may determine whether they stay...myself included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies347 View Post
What do you think will be pivotal? Are you expecting a big change in the site?
__________________
COMC - 20% Auto Accept Always!
Swipe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.