Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 10-22-2017, 08:38 PM   #4351
Swipe79

I'm a Yankees fan. It makes sense for me to be in here talking about a team I watch and read about. I don't go into the San Francisco Giants thread (is there one?) or any other thread about things that have no interest to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfran22 View Post
Like the same thing you're doing now? Got it.
Certainly, but it seems like certain people go out of their way to end up in this thread and are here to yank people's chains instead of just letting people enjoy their team and a discussion about said team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
It says 2017 Yankees thread. Not Yankee FANS thread. So, I'd assume the non fans that post here are here to discuss the 2017 Yankees .... just a guess. I know it seems crazy, but some people enjoy sports and like to discuss more than just their team.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:06 PM   #4352
devo

Quote:
To see the stupidity coming out of some yankees fans pie wholes i guess? Im a giants fan and won 3 world series recently. I can say unequivocally that the giants were not the best team any of those years. I know alot of Yankees fans that cant say that about their team/ players.
I don't understand why this is a big deal. Who cares if some Yankees fans think their team was the best this year? I mean, it's just not a big deal.

If you said the Giants were the best team this year, it wouldn't bother me one bit. I would laugh, but that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornedfrog1985 View Post
Hate when people talk out of their pie wholes. I talk out of my pie halves sometimes. Let me play doubles abacus here. Im guessing so many people are in here because.... nobody is inthe giants thread, pirates thread, etc. Gets pretty lonely not being a yankee fan.
Gold.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:44 AM   #4353
purejd86p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
I'm a Yankees fan. It makes sense for me to be in here talking about a team I watch and read about. I don't go into the San Francisco Giants thread (is there one?) or any other thread about things that have no interest to me.

Certainly, but it seems like certain people go out of their way to end up in this thread and are here to yank people's chains instead of just letting people enjoy their team and a discussion about said team.
It's always the same sad people in every thread. They love drama!!!!
purejd86p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:03 AM   #4354
fulltritty

Quote:
Originally Posted by awz50 View Post
Yankee fans do it in the red sox one, so I thought I could as well.

Also how are facts trolling? I swear Yankee fans favorite word is troll
It can't be troll because I'm called that every time I go into the Red Sox or Orioles threads by those fans. It might be hater though.
fulltritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:11 AM   #4355
fulltritty

This ended up being a great season which we were told not to expect. Now it's time to make a few adjustments for the off season, but I'm sure we will do better next year and be contenders for quite some time.

Would love to be able to move Headley and Ellsbury this off season. I doubt it will happen, but it would be nice. Love to see Todd Father signed for another year to backup the infield with Gleyber Torres getting the starting job at 3B next season. I could do another year of CC if he goes for a cheap contract and hopefully Tanaka doesn't opt out.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:44 AM   #4356
Kollectornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltritty View Post
This ended up being a great season which we were told not to expect. Now it's time to make a few adjustments for the off season, but I'm sure we will do better next year and be contenders for quite some time.

Would love to be able to move Headley and Ellsbury this off season. I doubt it will happen, but it would be nice. Love to see Todd Father signed for another year to backup the infield with Gleyber Torres getting the starting job at 3B next season. I could do another year of CC if he goes for a cheap contract and hopefully Tanaka doesn't opt out.

It's the Yankees, I am quite sure they will buy another player to win next year.

Collect all Baltimore and Atlanta teams cards.
Kollectornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:02 AM   #4357
GC1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kollectornet View Post
It's the Yankees, I am quite sure they will buy another player to win next year.
I think their big buying will happen next year. Damn Yankees, always putting that big money back into the team to try and win! As a fan i find it appalling that they take the money we give them and try to put a great team together. I wish they would just keep it and use it for executive bonuses and such.
GC1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:19 AM   #4358
sanfran22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post

Certainly, but it seems like certain people go out of their way to end up in this thread and are here to yank people's chains instead of just letting people enjoy their team and Delusions about said team.
Fixed it for ya. Don't put a thread on a board and not expect people to comment and bring up what they feel is inaccurate. It's why it's a discussion board. The problem is, some people can't have rational discussions.
sanfran22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:01 PM   #4359
Swipe79

It all comes down to opinions...good luck to you.

Quote:
Fixed it for ya. Don't put a thread on a board and not expect people to comment and bring up what they feel is inaccurate. It's why it's a discussion board. The problem is, some people can't have rational discussions.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:42 PM   #4360
devo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltritty View Post

I really hope we land Otani. Would be such a low risk/high reward move if we could pull it off. Not to mention the excitement he would bring and the tickets he'd help sell.

I would also like to see Ellsbury moved. Outfield is already packed with Gardner/Hicks/Judge/Frazier. Definitely don't need a $60+ million pinch runner.

I'd imagine Chance Adams will finally get a shot with the big league club as well next year.

Last edited by devo; 10-23-2017 at 11:49 PM.
devo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:56 AM   #4361
fulltritty

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
I really hope we land Otani. Would be such a low risk/high reward move if we could pull it off. Not to mention the excitement he would bring and the tickets he'd help sell.

I would also like to see Ellsbury moved. Outfield is already packed with Gardner/Hicks/Judge/Frazier. Definitely don't need a $60+ million pinch runner.

I'd imagine Chance Adams will finally get a shot with the big league club as well next year.
We have huge backlogs at OF and SP now. Even if we had to pay most of his salary, I would move Ellsbury and keep Gardner, Hicks, Judge, Frazier for the OF.

SP is going to be packed too with Tanaka (I really don't see him opting out with the down season he had), Severino, Gray, Montgomery, Otani (possible), and Adams. If we sign Otani, no need to re-sign CC.

I still want to see Gleyber manning 3rd, Headley traded, and Todd Father/Austin as backups.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:33 AM   #4362
SethMurphy

Ding Dong the witch is dead

Reports are coming out now that Girardi is indeed out as manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in a great mood now
Old 10-26-2017, 09:43 AM   #4363
YanksBillsFan

So where does Cashman go in the manager hunt? I read that he prefers someone he's familiar with so the names Rob Thomson and Kevin Long have been floated. You know the fanbase will be calling for whatever it take to get Mattingly.