Trending

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 07-13-2018, 03:17 PM   #26
christhecpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasboat View Post
You could always try just selling/trading it to your local LCS if there's a demand out there and retail is empty. Admittedly it was with 2017 that I did this, and they had the Judge/Bellinger bump, but one of the LCS' around here gave me slightly above what I paid at retail for my 5 blasters and I ended up basically swapping 'em out for a hobby box of Topps Chrome. Felt like a win-win for everyone.

I cleared out almost all of what our local Wal-Mart had of 2018 and ended up ripping it, FWIW. Didn't turn out very well. Two autos from the collector box, one auto out of 5 blasters, and one decent hanger pack (I left the rest of the packs for the kids). Wish I had at least tried to do another swap/sell on that, honestly.
15 years ago that would be a good proposition. With today's technology I am my own virtual LCS. Between message boards, Craig's list, eBay, Amazon, and social media I am the LCS competition. Instead of an expensive lease I have a nice home office. Little overhead. No set hours. None of the pressure of being self employed. And this is available for everyone interested. This is what primarily brought me back into the hobby...instead of everyone having to deal with the local card guy and being subject to his pricing whims we can buy direct and operate as we wish. I love having so many people doing there own thing.
christhecpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:18 PM   #27
ryan311

Walmart just got a huge restock of this stuff. 6 collector boxes, at least 12 blasters and probably close to 50 value packs on the shelf at the location I stopped at after work today. I left them for the kids.
ryan311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:05 PM   #28
blackbears86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan311 View Post
Walmart just got a huge restock of this stuff. 6 collector boxes, at least 12 blasters and probably close to 50 value packs on the shelf at the location I stopped at after work today. I left them for the kids.

smart move......this product will soon be forgotten.

I loved last year's platinum...good value. This year? Not so much..

Last edited by blackbears86; 07-13-2018 at 09:08 PM.
blackbears86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:15 PM   #29
cj828282

Collector boxes are selling for at or below retail price. Not sure why any one would auction this stuff off. Someone is losing money.
cj828282 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:37 PM   #30
Chris P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan311 View Post
Yeah there were 10 collector's boxes at my Wal Mart tonight..picked up 2 along with my 2 from WalMart.com, big mistake lol..it's been brutal and nothing like the luck I had with last year's product
Old 07-14-2018, 12:01 AM   #31
pmannings#1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
Not the best product to try and resell for a profit, they will not sell for more than what you paid, maybe the blasters but no one is going to pay more than 80 dollars for the collectors boxes.
Well looks like the bigger online card shops are doin some reselling unless my Walmart is just priced wrong at $19.99.
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 01:01 AM   #32
christhecpa

It depends on the area you are in as to availability. Always has with retail products. I'm not sure who is selling at a loss...every sale I see on eBay is at $15-30 above retail. Now I'm not dumb enough to list them and pay the fees and shipping and end up with $3 profit. But they are easy to flip through free outlets. I spent 15 minutes on twitter and got two sales for $105 and $110. I'm only out the Paypal fees and I didn't have to deal with the aggravation of Ebay.

Doing a case break my work and generate a nice profit. Hell it's not like it cost that much even if it failed. And as mentioned returns are an option although buying them 10% off I think I could at least break even selling singles.

And I'm a Bowman addict so I had to rip a blaster and about 8 jumbo packs myself. No they aren't visually the greatest card but with they still beat the boring look of regular Bowman from years past.

Everything in this hobby is so overpriced it just seems this is one time where the odds of a quick profit are with the buyer. Donruss Elite football is the only other product i can think of like that currently.
christhecpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 01:11 AM   #33
cardmole

Quote:
Originally Posted by christhecpa View Post
It depends on the area you are in as to availability. Always has with retail products. I'm not sure who is selling at a loss...every sale I see on eBay is at $15-30 above retail. Now I'm not dumb enough to list them and pay the fees and shipping and end up with $3 profit. But they are easy to flip through free outlets. I spent 15 minutes on twitter and got two sales for $105 and $110. I'm only out the Paypal fees and I didn't have to deal with the aggravation of Ebay.

Doing a case break my work and generate a nice profit. Hell it's not like it cost that much even if it failed. And as mentioned returns are an option although buying them 10% off I think I could at least break even selling singles.

And I'm a Bowman addict so I had to rip a blaster and about 8 jumbo packs myself. No they aren't visually the greatest card but with they still beat the boring look of regular Bowman from years past.

Everything in this hobby is so overpriced it just seems this is one time where the odds of a quick profit are with the buyer. Donruss Elite football is the only other product i can think of like that currently.
Agree-seems to be more negatives about this product then positives, but I thought it was a decent fix until chrome comes out. I definitely would NOT pay more than Walmart price tho.
cardmole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 12:31 AM   #34
Giantrobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P View Post
Yeah there were 10 collector's boxes at my Wal Mart tonight..picked up 2 along with my 2 from WalMart.com, big mistake lol..it's been brutal and nothing like the luck I had with last year's product
I bought one today for some stupid reason, along with one blaster and two packs. Great way to throw away $100 really.
Giantrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:35 AM   #35
Yunked

Probably wasnt the smartest move but you live and you learn
Yunked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:10 PM   #36
bounty37h

I happened to go into walmart for other stuff and bought one collectors box; my 2 autos were of the same player (forget his name, an A's prospect), one regular and one numbered. I would of course be excited and not complain if they were the same players if a star so cant complain too much, but not happy about it. My wife-not knowing I had bought a box-got me a collectors box last week as well. I haven't opened and am strongly considering returning it. If I keep and bust it will be the same 2 autos as before. If I return it, it will turn out to have 2 GT autos or something good like that.
I agree don't like the OP buying it all up without knowing about it and just wanting to make a dollar.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:20 PM   #37
vwnut13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
. If I return it, it will turn out to have 2 GT autos or something good like that.
But do you really want a Gleyber Torres autograph with a picture of Ronald Torreyes?
vwnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:22 PM   #38
coachnip13

Quote:
Originally Posted by christhecpa View Post
The company is pure evil.

Until they start paying a living wage and not replace humans with scanners f them.
Unskilled workers get paid what they are worth. There's a reason why it's so easy to replace them with scanners.
coachnip13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 03:47 AM   #39
Aquagolf70

Stopped at WalMart before work. Full display and additional 6 collector boxes. This stuffs gonna be around awhile.

Was looking for Ginter...nothing.
Aquagolf70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:22 AM   #40
spuds1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquagolf70 View Post
Stopped at WalMart before work. Full display and additional 6 collector boxes. This stuffs gonna be around awhile.

Was looking for Ginter...nothing.
Yep it will make the 14.99 discount boxes shortly, my question would be what price do they mark the 79.99 collectors boxes down to.
spuds1961 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:26 AM   #41
AnthonyCorona

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
Yep it will make the 14.99 discount boxes shortly, my question would be what price do they mark the 79.99 collectors boxes down to.
Free 99

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2018, 02:48 PM   #42
bounty37h

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
I happened to go into walmart for other stuff and bought one collectors box; my 2 autos were of the same player (forget his name, an A's prospect), one regular and one numbered. I would of course be excited and not complain if they were the same players if a star so cant complain too much, but not happy about it. My wife-not knowing I had bought a box-got me a collectors box last week as well. I haven't opened and am strongly considering returning it. If I keep and bust it will be the same 2 autos as before. If I return it, it will turn out to have 2 GT autos or something good like that.
I agree don't like the OP buying it all up without knowing about it and just wanting to make a dollar.
So the 2 autographs I got in my 1st box were both of Nick Allen, one base auto and one #122/150.
I never took the other box back and broke down and opened it throughout this morning. My autos in this one were Hans Crouse (Rangers) and Enyel De Los Santos (Phils). I don't know much (aka, anything) any of these 4, er, 3 guys).