Blowout Cards Forums
17-18 nba

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 07-17-2016, 12:41 AM   #1
Stifle

Location: I've met great collectors throughout MI and N. Indiana / CHI.
Default Why Brady & NFL are clashing

It's as simple as the old saying goes "Follow the Money". Remember when Brady and the Pats won their second Super Bowl. Brady received his second SB MVP trophy as well as a vehicle from a Major NFL sponsor. I'm sure that sponsor wanted Brady to be driving in the vehicle that he won but Tom told the sponsor it was going to go to his sister. To make a long story short, Brady had to take the Major NFL Sponsor to court because they attempted to deny Brady the vehicle he had won. Brady won the court battle and made the Major NFL Sponsor look bad. That probably didn't go over well with the NFL Front Office. In New England's next two Super Bowl victories Brady didn't win the MVP and it's a good bet that if he is on another winning SB team that he will not receive the MVP of that game as well. The NFL didn't want Brady to take this Sponsor to Court because of the money that this sponsor provided.

Brady had 3 Super Bowls at a young age and yet, P. Manning was the face of the NFL ?
As good as Marino was he took a back seat in the 80's to Montana. In the 70's it was Roger S. & T. Bradshaw over Namath, Griese & Stabler. Why Manning over Brady ? The answer is in the forementioned paragraph !

Last edited by Stifle; 07-24-2016 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Added
Stifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:43 AM   #2
mike1498

Or the NFL doesn't support cheaters... I didn't have to write a paragraph and it answered the question.
mike1498 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:45 AM   #3
meandsharon11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1498 View Post
Or the NFL doesn't support cheaters... I didn't have to write a paragraph and it answered the question.

This is making me laugh
Old 07-17-2016, 12:53 AM   #4
SirTommyWinAlot

Don't care anymore. This world is filled with hypocrites. Tons of people that call out Brady vote for Hillary. Some of them probably cheated on a spouse. Even more cheated on a test or plagiarized.

If Brady did have something to do with deflated footballs it was a minor traffic violation to say the least. League blew it up to make up for the ray rice fiasco. Media blew it up for the ratings. Fans ate it up because it gave them an avenue to discredit a guy that smashed their teams and took their pride and spat on it.

Brady worked his butt off to be the greatest quarterback of all time. Nobody can take that away from him not even that troll commissioner.

We shall fight when behind. We shall fight against all odds. We shall never surrender.
Go Pats!
SirTommyWinAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 01:10 AM   #5
RedSoxFan28

Brady won SB MVP vs the Seahawks, he's a 3x SB MVP.

I think it is more to do with A) Goodell and his staff are idiots and B) The 31 other teams thought the Patriots deserved something more than the most severe punishment in NFL history for Spygate and BB "tactics" over the years, so why not increase the punishment for a minor equipment violation which they can't even prove any tampering occurred.

Kensil (Former Jets executive) Leaked incorrect info and made deflategate into a big deal.

Troy Vincent (Former Dolphin and Bill) "Recommended" punishment which was approved by Goodell.
Old 07-17-2016, 01:53 AM   #6
phinzphan1372
Banned

Quote:
This is the answer .....
phinzphan1372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:20 AM   #7
fulltritty

I think it is ridiculous that athletes who earn millions of dollars a year are given free vehicles anyway from winning sports awards. They can easily afford their own vehicle and should be giving these away to family or people in need.
fulltritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 08:08 AM   #8
bravezfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltritty View Post
I think it is ridiculous that athletes who earn millions of dollars a year are given free vehicles anyway from winning sports awards. They can easily afford their own vehicle and should be giving these away to family or people in need.
Exactly whoever wins the MVP they can give the vehicle to a community their involved in to one of the families of their choice
bravezfan4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 08:22 AM   #9
phinzphan1372
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravezfan4life View Post
Exactly whoever wins the MVP they can give the vehicle to a community their involved in to one of the families of their choice
Put your mind into the advertiser .... They give a caddy or what ever away for the MVP .... Player accepts the car and then gives it away ... While he may be able to afford to buy 100 of those cars and gives it away .... He can't just give the prize away without the perception being the "automobile was crappy and so crappy that X player didn't even want one for free" ... Even giving it away to charity can create negative advertising for the car company
phinzphan1372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 11:46 AM   #10
storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTommyWinAlot View Post
Don't care anymore. This world is filled with hypocrites. Tons of people that call out Brady vote for Hillary. Some of them probably cheated on a spouse. Even more cheated on a test or plagiarized.

If Brady did have something to do with deflated footballs it was a minor traffic violation to say the least. League blew it up to make up for the ray rice fiasco. Media blew it up for the ratings. Fans ate it up because it gave them an avenue to discredit a guy that smashed their teams and took their pride and spat on it.

Brady worked his butt off to be the greatest quarterback of all time. Nobody can take that away from him not even that troll commissioner.
Again, since you avoided my Hillary comment last time you threw it out there. Hillary destroyed emails, Tom destroyed phone! Guess I know who youre voting for.
storm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:06 PM   #11
Qwasian

is this story even correct? I thought they said he gave it to malcolm butler, who caught the interception to win the game? I would think the car company would be happy about that? he was a good guy? alot of press?
Old 07-17-2016, 06:10 PM   #12
mike1498

Quote:

The even funnier thing is Tom Brady is a liar and he supports trump

And brady didn't help the media by fighting the deflategate in court a thousand times and not just owning up to at least "knowing about it". Think about it, do you think the NFL would have kept the 4 game suspension if he owned up to it? No I bet he would've got a 2 game or less.

Last edited by mike1498; 07-17-2016 at 06:13 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:14 PM   #13
jlzinck

Well the football forum with be dumber than the Basketball folder by Labor Day
Old 07-17-2016, 06:34 PM   #14
Stifle

Location: I've met great collectors throughout MI and N. Indiana / CHI.

When Goodell can take the Brain Trauma case to the Supreme Court declaring the NFL Front Office as innocent, then giving Ray Rice a 2 game suspension after knocking his then Fiancé out in the hotel but was able to drag her by her hair to the room, then gives Greg Hardy a opportunity to play for "America's Team" Dallas, A Huge TV market. Goodell is not interested in Safety for the people who participate or interact in the game but for the bottom line profits ! Roger lied in the Brain Trauma case, Roger Lied about the Ray Rice matter and Roger didn't care that Hardy traumatized that woman only that a large Market team was receiving a valuable commodity. Glad Hardy only had one great game and then became a non factor.
Why should Brady be a stand up guy if the commissioner is a Liar ! Goodell was hired to do one job ! Make MORE Revenue for the NFL and he is great at that. As far as Roger being honest and looking out for the safety of the players, he is a Joke.
Stifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:41 PM   #15
starfox

Quote:

Greatest quarterback of all-time? You must live in or near Boston.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
starfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:42 PM   #16
RogerGodahell

This was the best thing that could have ever happened for Goodell. He blew this little story up to distract everyone from the concussion issue for 2 years. Took the heat off him about domestic abuse in the NFL as well. He used and shifted all the focus on Tom Brady. Even if it meant lies and manipulation of the media, Protect the shield.

I clect football cards...and Jayson Tatum
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:50 PM   #17
chipotlecowboy
Banned - PBM

Quote:
Iconic...
chipotlecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:52 PM   #18
mike1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipotlecowboy View Post
Iconic...
How is it ironic?
Old 07-17-2016, 07:27 PM   #19
RedSoxFan28

Quote:
How is it ironic?
*Iconic, I'm guessing he's a Brady hater too.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:34 PM   #20
hairysasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Well the football forum with be dumber than the Basketball folder by Labor Day
Because Panini.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:45 PM   #21
myerscards

Quote:
But they do support repeat drug offenders and other criminals
Old 07-17-2016, 08:11 PM   #22
IpcSteveYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerGodahell View Post
This was the best thing that could have ever happened for Goodell. He blew this little story up to distract everyone from the concussion issue for 2 years. Took the heat off him about domestic abuse in the NFL as well. He used and shifted all the focus on Tom Brady. Even if it meant lies and manipulation of the media, Protect the shield.
This.
Divert from the real issues. Mission accomplished.
IpcSteveYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:44 PM   #23
JohnRyno
Banned

JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:38 AM   #24
21Pittsburgh58

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
Brady won SB MVP vs the Seahawks, he's a 3x SB MVP.

I think it is more to do with A) Goodell and his staff are idiots and B) The 31 other teams thought the Patriots deserved something more than the most severe punishment in NFL history for Spygate and BB "tactics" over the years, so why not increase the punishment for a minor equipment violation which they can't even prove any tampering occurred.

Kensil (Former Jets executive) Leaked incorrect info and made deflategate into a big deal.

Troy Vincent (Former Dolphin and Bill) "Recommended" punishment which was approved by Goodell.

Let's not get carried away. You have no actual proof of the bolded/underlined statement, just like there is no actual proof that the Patriots cheated. You don't like it when the NFL singles out the Patriots, so there's no reason to believe that all 31 teams had a role in this issue. Tom Brady is suspended because 30 teams voted to give Roger Goodell the power that he has (the Steelers are the only team that voted against it), and he used it. Robert Kraft should shoulder some of the blame for the Brady predicament himself since he voted FOR Goodell.
21Pittsburgh58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:25 PM   #25
zacsoccer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Pittsburgh58 View Post
Let's not get carried away. You have no actual proof of the bolded/underlined statement, just like there is no actual proof that the Patriots cheated. You don't like it when the NFL singles out the Patriots, so there's no reason to believe that all 31 teams had a role in this issue. Tom Brady is suspended because 30 teams voted to give Roger Goodell the power that he has (the Steelers are the only team that voted against it), and he used it. Robert Kraft should shoulder some of the blame for the Brady predicament himself since he voted FOR Goodell.
A steelers fan that get's it. Also steeler's players that understood Goodell was a crook even before it happened. At least the players got what they wanted, they however got stuck with a draconian leader and still the only sport with non guaranteed contracts even though it's the sport with shortest career span and one of the most violent.

A ton of circumstantial evidence however if Brady doesn't break his phone this would have blown over. Instead of deny, deny, deny like the patriots did, if they would have just came out and said we are going to cooperate and help the league then it would have blown over. Between Brady breaking his phone and the Belichick conference explaining the ideal gas law it definitely was a slap in the face to the league. On top of that you had Kraft also demanding an apology and this is what you get. Also seemed like to the judges that voted for the league one of their main points was destruction of phone so it would have been overturned that way.