eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

Notices

ComicBookJunkie Post your Comic Hobby Talk

Old 08-06-2016, 12:08 PM   #51
CMS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
Mid credit scene had Bruce telling Waller.. shut down the squad or we'll shut it down for you. I doubt we'll see a Suicide Squad vs Justice league but that's basically what Bruce threatened. I like how they're connecting all the film's, so far BvS ties into Suicide and Suicide ties into JL.

IDK, I thought it was a fun movie, nothing ground breaking or Emmy worthy but enjoyable for a SS movie.
I agree it was cool to see the movies tie into each other, but right now I don't know how they would tie into the justice league movies or any other dc movie except for maybe the new batman movie.
CMS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:02 PM   #52
ac78217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
Mid credit scene had Bruce telling Waller.. shut down the squad or we'll shut it down for you. I doubt we'll see a Suicide Squad vs Justice league but that's basically what Bruce threatened. I like how they're connecting all the film's, so far BvS ties into Suicide and Suicide ties into JL.

IDK, I thought it was a fun movie, nothing ground breaking or Emmy worthy but enjoyable for a SS movie.

Emmy's are for TV. Oscar's are for films
ac78217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 04:20 PM   #53
Mysterio

So I went to this movie last night with a buddy of mine. He's not into comics but watches all the comic movies. We've gone to a lot of movies in the past, but this is the first one that he told me "I REALLY like this movie!" DURING the movie. And he's told me that 3 times since then too! So for all the fanboy angst over this flick, it's resonating with the average, non-comic book following movie-goer. All-in-all, I found it enjoyable.
Mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 04:45 PM   #54
zacsoccer6

Would have liked to see more Joker, from the parts he was in I thought he did a fairly good job. As already mentioned Robbie was amazing. A complete Harley quinn/Joker movie would be amazing.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:43 PM   #55
IndySportsCards

Just got back from it, and while not as good as I wanted it to be, was still fun. Harley & Joker were great. I'd give it a 3 out of 5 stars.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:26 PM   #56
Morgoth

In all honesty 5 years ago this movie would have been great but the bar has been raised on super hero movies. Also I hate they show the Joke and Harley as being in mutual love and removed the abuse from their story. That would have made it a much better film.
Morgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 12:21 AM   #57
Spider-Fan

There were plenty of things that didn't make sense, and a lot of room for improvement, but overall I really enjoyed the film. B+. They did a much better job with the pacing than the previous few DC movies, and shortcut the character development big time. I thought it worked well, and honestly I thought they really over did the back story on MoS and BvS.

I thought it was as good as an MCU film. Not as good as GotG or CA:WS, but better than some of the weaker ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMS1 View Post
I agree it was cool to see the movies tie into each other, but right now I don't know how they would tie into the justice league movies or any other dc movie except for maybe the new batman movie.
They actually did a much better job than I expected both tying it back to BvS and leading up to JL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
In all honesty 5 years ago this movie would have been great but the bar has been raised on super hero movies. Also I hate they show the Joke and Harley as being in mutual love and removed the abuse from their story. That would have made it a much better film.
Seemed like a pretty abusive relationship to me. Sure in the rescue seen he didn't punch her in the face, but in the back story he was plenty abusive.
Spider-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 05:33 AM   #58
Morgoth

Compared to the comics and tv show though he treated her like a queen. He rescues her numerous times where in the source material he almost always left her behind or used her to escape. She is just so sick in the head she doesn't care and always comes back to him.

I mean geeze when an animated tv show has a harder hitting emotional story than your big budget R I mean shoulda been R rated movie I don't know what to say.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:15 AM   #59
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Compared to the comics and tv show though he treated her like a queen. He rescues her numerous times where in the source material he almost always left her behind or used her to escape. She is just so sick in the head she doesn't care and always comes back to him.

I mean geeze when an animated tv show has a harder hitting emotional story than your big budget R I mean shoulda been R rated movie I don't know what to say.
I agree with all that, but none of those things are going to help develop their movie franchise. Who HQ is "now" (in her current state of glorious popularity, with millions of licensed crap sold a year) is not the Joker's flunky, and hasn't been for years. I wouldn't go that crazy over the 5 minutes of screen time they shared. I thought it was pretty clear Joker viewed her as his property more than anything else. Maybe that will be further developed if the franchise has some sticking power?

I thought they struck a good balance to further thier merchandise sales and film franchise while avoiding public out cry.
Old 08-07-2016, 06:55 PM   #60
RIP4CASH

just saw the movie last night which I though was ok 6/10....IMO too many villains to try to develop in 2 hours.

I'm not familiar with Deadshot in the comics but I was wondering who played a better Deadshot...Will Smith or the guy Michael Rowe on WB Arrow?
RIP4CASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:36 PM   #61
rw0926

Quote:

Yeah on Twitter I saw a couple of Marvel people complaining how the movie glorifies their relationship and how it romanticizes Joker. It really upset me so I had to pull out Hank Pym on their ass because it's not a DC only thing.
rw0926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:33 PM   #62
Cyber Warrior

Apparently they cut the scene of the Joker slapping HQ and it'll show in the dvd extended release. Buy yeah, he was nowhere near as violent with her as he is in the animated series.. total opposite. That final jail scene where he busts in to free her was kind of cheesy lol.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:48 AM   #63
Cyber Warrior

https://youtu.be/ZkqyIoYAXV8
Old 08-08-2016, 01:24 AM   #64
Morgoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rw0926 View Post
Yeah on Twitter I saw a couple of Marvel people complaining how the movie glorifies their relationship and how it romanticizes Joker. It really upset me so I had to pull out Hank Pym on their ass because it's not a DC only thing.
Or how about the Avengers 200 and Carol Danvers being raped by her own baby!!!!!

But the point is this, Harley Quinn is a tragic character because of the trauma she suffered in an abusive relationship. In this movie she willingly does everything because of love, or that cheesy "want to live" crap.

And that scene is just one reason why the movie wasn't very good. It wasn't needed but by showing it they opened up a pandoras box of questions. Like what did the chemicals actually due to Harley?

Overall this film has way too many dumb plot points, the worst is how they catch Deadshot, the only dumber way to get caught is to leave your wallet or cell phone at the crime scene

So yes this film is entertaining in a Transformers dumb way. Harley and Deadshot look great and are entertaining but somebody needs to write a real script with a legit need for this team. Also you can tell this script has changed a lot from beginning to end. It's almost like 2 or more movies were all in there.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:41 AM   #65
SaucyRossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rw0926 View Post
I'm somewhat convinced Nick Spencer trolls Twitter for controversy and to get his name out there as much as possible. I think it's partly a brand thing. Because he's going so over the top in his hatred of this movie and the Harley/joker thing that he's flat out saying it was made for mysognistic people and he's telling people how they should think and feel in regards to the Harley/joker relationship.

I'm against abuse, and abusisve relationships. I've been on the receiving end, they are terrible. But I want people to react how they are gonna react, feel what they are going to feel, from reading a fictional story. Every person has their own experiences to draw from and will make up their own opinions. Does that mean I want people to glorify abusive relationships? God no. Does it mean I'm an adult and I know their are some people in this world who have lifestyles and preferences that they prefer to which I don't? Yes. I mean Preacher dealt with this on amc recently. You can't dictate how people should live their lives because of righteous indignation.
SaucyRossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:30 PM   #66
Magickyak

I give it a meh/10. It was alright, glad I went but probably wouldn't see it again.

The first half or so was just way too busy. They were trying to introduce a TON of villains to the team, while at the same time trying to work 2 sideplots with Enchantress and Joker and there just wasn't enough focus put on anything. However the end of the movie actually wrapped everything up fairly nice for the climax, although I don't see how a bomb would've done any more damage to whatshisname (Seriously, did he even have a name?) than what Diablo did to him. And what happened to all those Navy Seals? I guess they all died? That kinda sucks.

Finally, what kinda crappy archaeologist finds an ancient idol and then decides to snap the head off just for lulz? You pack that up and bring it back for professional restoration =P
Magickyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:57 PM   #67
Morgoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magickyak View Post
I give it a meh/10. It was alright, glad I went but probably wouldn't see it again.

The first half or so was just way too busy. They were trying to introduce a TON of villains to the team, while at the same time trying to work 2 sideplots with Enchantress and Joker and there just wasn't enough focus put on anything. However the end of the movie actually wrapped everything up fairly nice for the climax, although I don't see how a bomb would've done any more damage to whatshisname (Seriously, did he even have a name?) than what Diablo did to him. And what happened to all those Navy Seals? I guess they all died? That kinda sucks.

Finally, what kinda crappy archaeologist finds an ancient idol and then decides to snap the head off just for lulz? You pack that up and bring it back for professional restoration =P
There needs to be a different term than dumb to describe these plot holes as I am assuming the people who made the film see them too. My only conclusion is that they think this is the kind of story we want.

Anyone else think they way the Enchantress moved was annoying?
Old 08-08-2016, 11:09 PM   #68
IndySportsCards

They really need to spend more than 6 weeks on the next screenplay.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:25 PM   #69
Qwasian

I thought the movie was pretty cool, I am familiar with the characters but dont' read a ton of comics, more just know them from face value, I think people that read the material and are really up on each character are going to expect more, but to the average movie go'er it's a pretty great movie, I enjoyed it, I thought the joker and harley did an awesome job, I saw a bunch of people saying the movie was bad online and how bad the joker was etc, I just didn't see that, I thought leto did very well. I believed him and would love to see a joker/harley movie.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:35 PM   #70
Magickyak

Quote:
YES!!! The whole time I was like... what the heck is that supposed to be? She looked like she was auditioning for a part in CSI of a stripper on stage in the background of a scene. Or maybe for a Grand Theft Auto game. It was weird alright, but not the kind of weird I think they were going for.
Magickyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:48 AM   #71
terrymcginnis

Personally enjoyed it. Liked it for what it was, and not what wasn't there.

especially the stellar performances from Deadshot Harley and Flagg. These three alone should give the film much higher credit imo
Old 08-10-2016, 12:23 PM   #72
blackbears86

Thought it was OK--not bad, not good.

It should have been "R", then they really could have cut loose with the conversation/violence.

Still waiting for DC to make "a great comic movie" like marvel does. (notwithstanding batman long ago with Heath Ledger)
blackbears86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:37 PM   #73
Spider-Fan

Quote:

Its funny you mention that, as I was discussing that with two colleagues yesterday. I liked it and thought it added to her mystical vibe, but they both hated it and thought it was dumb. We all agreed her more primitive form was much cooler than the form she took once she hooked up with her brother.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:40 PM   #74
Morgoth

Yes the dirty look was much cooler I agree. Also the character designs were great for this film for the most part except Captain Boomerang and Flag.

I felt they could have made both stand out more than they did.

Also why did CB have a pink pony? I felt there was more to that story that got edited.