Best Sellers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 11-28-2017, 08:08 PM   #51
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan23 View Post
What's interesting is that Harry & Meghan have been together for a while and this engagement really wasn't a surprise, yet her autograph has still spiked significantly upon confirmation of the engagement. I didn't know she had any certs, nor would I have thought the reaction would be so delayed and significant, but it is quite an interesting market reaction. I wouldn't doubt that there is more room to run too due to what looks like low supply out there. Makes you wonder of other potential non-sports celeb autos that have investment potential.
The engagement was national news. Shined a bright lightning the situation. I'm sure there were a few speculators buying these up for quite a while before the official engagement.

And, yes, I think there are probably plenty of spec worthy $5 autographs. You just never know who is going to be cast as the lead in the next Star Wars or Superhero movie. These people are minor celebrities until they disappear or become a major celebrity.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:01 PM   #52
John91C

Took some digging but finally found mine!

Old 11-28-2017, 09:13 PM   #53
rambel

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
Took some digging but finally found mine!

Nice! I think most are buried somewhere in a collection and will take some digging to find
Old 11-28-2017, 09:37 PM   #54
daxwills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
The engagement was national news. Shined a bright lightning the situation. I'm sure there were a few speculators buying these up for quite a while before the official engagement.

And, yes, I think there are probably plenty of spec worthy $5 autographs. You just never know who is going to be cast as the lead in the next Star Wars or Superhero movie. These people are minor celebrities until they disappear or become a major celebrity.
Iíve been at this crap for 30 years. Never occurred to me to speculate buy on whoís dating whom lol. This is a new one.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:54 PM   #55
Megan17

Do you think Megan Markle card will be worth over $1,000?
Megan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:57 PM   #56
dd316

Quote:
Even if I was aware of the engagement, I wouldn't have know she had signed for a Fringe set.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:05 PM   #57
Darth Smittyous

Quote:

This happened with me once. I picked up a bit Star Trek character for $5 at a show right after I heard he was cast as Thor! Still my only Chris Hemsworth auto, but I am OK with that.
Darth Smittyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:11 PM   #58
Spunky245

This reminds me of baseball card prospecting, Bowman Draft, etc.

Buy a bunch of no-name prospect autos and hope they become the next Kris Bryant haha.
Spunky245 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:58 PM   #59
daxwills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Smittyous View Post
This happened with me once. I picked up a bit Star Trek character for $5 at a show right after I heard he was cast as Thor! Still my only Chris Hemsworth auto, but I am OK with that.
When Star Trek nemesis came out I picked up the Tom hardy auto for 10 bucks since he was the main villain. That ended up being a good idea lol.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:56 PM   #60
Jackg1980

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

opps, wrong thread.

Last edited by Jackg1980; 11-29-2017 at 03:59 PM.
Jackg1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:40 PM   #61
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Even if I was aware of the engagement, I wouldn't have know she had signed for a Fringe set.
Yeah but for every Ted there was probably somebody just searching for "markle autograph" that thought "what's a trading card?" as they hit the BIN.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:57 PM   #62
Ferg1945

If something like this continues to sell for $190 - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Meghan-Mark...p2047675.l2557

Give me every Fringe auto for $250!! LOL
Ferg1945 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:58 PM   #63
baytowntex

yep, I'm sure you will see a lot of psa 8x10s coming out soon
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:14 PM   #64
jjsmallvillelvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan17 View Post
Do you think Megan Markle card will be worth over $1,000?
Man that'd be alot!

Since someone said royals aren't allowed to sign autographs, I assume there's not much of anything to compare it to.

And I don't know if it matters, but a lot of people would have to die for her to become queen or whatever, so I don't know if people care that she's not really on that level.
Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Superman
jjsmallvillelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:17 PM   #65
daxwills

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmallvillelvr View Post
Man that'd be alot!

Since someone said royals aren't allowed to sign autographs, I assume there's not much of anything to compare it to.

And I don't know if it matters, but a lot of people would have to die for her to become queen or whatever, so I don't know if people care that she's not really on that level.
Iíd have to ask my friend in the uk, because I just vaguely remember it in conversation once, but I donít think she can become queen can she? She married into the royal family, so wouldnít every blood relative have to die or something? Maybe we have a uk member who knows the rules.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:22 PM   #66
daxwills

Quote:
Man that'd be alot!

They cannot sign autographs, but they do sign documents. Occasionally those documents end up selling in the private sector. Itís not often, when it happens some have brought insane money, but this card is literally hundreds if not thousands of times more common. Not to mention all the autographs she signed before she became royalty. So this is kinda an anomaly.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:31 PM   #67
HiltonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxwills View Post
Iíd have to ask my friend in the uk, because I just vaguely remember it in conversation once, but I donít think she can become queen can she? She married into the royal family, so wouldnít every blood relative have to die or something? Maybe we have a uk member who knows the rules.
That is correct, marrying into the line means you cannot become the top (e.g. Prince Philip). And you are also correct that there a lot of royals between Elizabeth II and Harry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_o...British_Throne
HiltonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:45 PM   #68
Ferg1945

Here is the list....

http://projectbritain.com/royal/succession.htm - Harry is 4th.

Total guess on my part... but I doubt they ever allow Charles, William and George to travel together.
Ferg1945 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:21 PM   #69
jjsmallvillelvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiltonL View Post
That is correct, marrying into the line means you cannot become the top (e.g. Prince Philip). And you are also correct that there a lot of royals between Elizabeth II and Harry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_o...British_Throne
She wouldn't be queen if enough people died to make Harry King? I didn't think she'd be top, but would she not be queen by marraige?
Old 11-29-2017, 11:29 PM   #70
jjsmallvillelvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg1945 View Post
Here is the list....

http://projectbritain.com/royal/succession.htm - Harry is 4th.

Total guess on my part... but I doubt they ever allow Charles, William and George to travel together.
OK so this is super confusing. It bounces up and down between generations and is all over the place. It goes down the first child line to George, then snakes back up through second children? What about Charlotte? Is that old, or is she that far down in line? I'm confused about that.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:34 PM   #71
jjsmallvillelvr

So it is not updated with charlotte. Where does she go?
Old 11-29-2017, 11:52 PM   #72
aces

Between George and Harry now; between George and her younger sibling next year.
aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 12:06 AM   #73
HiltonL

Quote:
She wouldn't be queen if enough people died to make Harry King? I didn't think she'd be top, but would she not be queen by marraige?
Nope. Just as Philip is "Consort", so would be Ms Markle
HiltonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:47 AM   #74
Stat Monsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg1945 View Post
It all started with Princess Diana and has continued with Kate and soon Meghan. They arn't allowed to sign autographs because the Royal Family fears of forgery. This is likely the only chance you will have for a Meghan Markle Autograph.

After they get married Harry will likely become a Duke and she will forever be known as Dutchess Meghan.
This is true.

But, whether she's a remarkable member of the family or just another person in the Royal family who nobody cares about remains to be seen.

Most of the value is held to her youth and beauty as well as the hype... all of which will fade with time.

So, if you're speculating on them for future cash outs on your investment, think twice.

If you're a collector or fan, then maybe wait a little bit for prices to settle down after the hype and she gets out of the limelight.
Stat Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 12:50 PM   #75
CC71

they'll be divorced within 3 years. save your money
CC71 is offline   Reply With Quote