Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 12-08-2017, 11:42 AM   #1
collectivetoys

Default Topps Weekend Sale - 50% off Star Wars Masterworks

Topps have 50% off $1000 or more including Star Wars Masterworks boxes and more. This has got to be the cheapest these will likely ever be
collectivetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:44 AM   #2
xtwinstarx

Are they selling stellar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by collectivetoys View Post
Topps have 50% off $1000 or more including Star Wars Masterworks boxes and more. This has got to be the cheapest these will likely ever be
xtwinstarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:46 AM   #3
collectivetoys

Nope. Ordered 5 boxes Masterwork and 2 boxes Walking Dead evolution came to $605 shipped.
collectivetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:54 AM   #4
Zeldafanatic15

I saw that email. If I had the money I'd jump all over that. Great deal if you're planning on spending the top amount.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Zeldafanatic15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:58 AM   #5
peterose4hof

Masterwork is out of stock already.
peterose4hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:15 PM   #6
aggie4ever

Yeah, as soon as I saw this thread, I went to buy some, and there were only 2 boxes in stock. Took too long to figure out what else to buy, and they sold out. But it's an amazing sale if you are interested in what they have in stock. Buy enough Fear The Walking Dead and/or SW The Force Awakens 3D/Sugar Free and it's 50% off.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:19 PM   #7
jdhaugh11

Man $100 boxes of MW3, would have been amazing!

Another good deal still available is:

2016 Star Wars 3D WideVision Attack of the Clones

They are only $40, but if you buy 25 only them, you can get them for $20 each!
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:28 PM   #8
gdelan1

If you get a big auto it's amazing, what if you get 5 boxes of $5 autos?
gdelan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:27 PM   #9
Zeldafanatic15

If MW3 is out, is there anything worth it for the 50%?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Zeldafanatic15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:13 PM   #10
fastfood

Almost all the good Star Wars product has sold out, due to this sale.
fastfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:11 PM   #11
Darthmauler

I went on the site and most of the good stuff is gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darthmauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:36 PM   #12
Spider-Fan

Sounds like a terrific sale on sealed product from a competitor
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:56 PM   #13
jdandns

Hopefully, Blowout bought some of this stuff to sell down the line.
Here's a chance to get Warcraft hit packs for $7.50, not bad on those, plus factory sets of Rocky for $12 with a (long) shot at a Stallone autograph in every one of them. Those 100 sets of AOTC wide that went for $20 each thanks to the double-dip were an absolute steal at the price. Congrats to whoever got them.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:18 PM   #14
ekim2528

My thousand dollar purchase plus shipping ($154) to Canada and exchange rate came to $905 Canadian even with the 50% off. Still happy with what I bought. PS I loved the time years ago when the Canadian dollar was at par with the US.
ekim2528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:33 PM   #15
aggie4ever

I forgot all about Warcraft, since that doesn't show up under the normal dropdowns from the main Topps website, guess you have to search specifically for Warcraft to find them.

In any case, I thought there were a few decent products to buy at 50% off (obviously Masterwork was amazing, and AOTC at $20 was good):

Star Wars The Force Awakens 3D
Star Wars Sugar Free Wrappers
Fear the Walking Dead
The Walking Dead Season 6 (Season 7 boxes already sold out)
The Walking Dead Evolution
Doctor Who Signature Series (although I see these are now sold out)
Rocky set

Also, while their autographed baseball memorabilia wasn't eligible, their autographed jumbo cards were. So an Ichiro Bowman Chrome 8x10 auto for $100 instead of $200 seems like an amazing price. Also have Carlos Correa for Astros fans.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:14 AM   #16
daviswr7

Really sorry I missed out on this today. Topps has really been clearacing out product lately..
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:41 PM   #17
Vargaman

Well this will be interesting in the future with TOPPS selling more on their own site, just wait it out and get sealed product cheap with these sales, but they may only fall once a year and sell out very fast.

Definitely worth it to buddy up and make a larger purchase for the higher price break/discount.

Curious to see what’s pulled from all those AOTC WV sets. At $20 a box you should break even if you got at least $5 per auto and $10 for a box set minus hits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:59 PM   #18
daviswr7

did anyone who ordered star wars also get any baseball? was that part of the deal or were all those sold out long ago? This really was quite the bargain. Can't believe they went so low 1K purchases...really blows my mind.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:44 PM   #19
jdandns

Sale's good through tomorrow night, so there's still time.
I just went for 6 Sugar Free, 3 FTWD, 3 Rockys (for a shot at a Stallone auto), and a couple of Warcraft packs for "fun". At the 50% off level, this is the cheapest any of this has ever been offered at, and obviously $20 was the lowest by far on AOTC 3D, hence the instant sell-out of it.

Didn't get any FA 3D this time, but it looks like there's about 230 left. Sugar Free is down to about 70 sets, so that might not last the weekend...
Old 12-09-2017, 07:01 PM   #20
aggie4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviswr7 View Post
did anyone who ordered star wars also get any baseball? was that part of the deal or were all those sold out long ago? This really was quite the bargain. Can't believe they went so low 1K purchases...really blows my mind.
All cards were part of the sale (except for the handful of specific products named, like Bowman Draft and Topps Chrome Sapphire sets). I have to assume they just forgot to include SW Masterwork in their list of excluded products.

But most of the good baseball stuff was already sold out, since most products have gone up in price this year due to Judge. The best deals across the board sold out like 5-15 minutes after the sale started, and a lot of the decent deals have sold out by now, but a lot were available for a couple of hours.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:33 PM   #21
maxpower

Looks like they couldn't get rid of enough of the force awakens complete sets and rocky sets, now at 70% off. Along with sugar free at $60 for a daily sale.
maxpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:16 PM   #22
hobbystuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
Looks like they couldn't get rid of enough of the force awakens complete sets and rocky sets, now at 70% off. Along with sugar free at $60 for a daily sale.
Attack of the Clones is 70% off.
Force Awakens is regular price
hobbystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:22 PM   #23
jdandns

Attack of the Clones 3D shows at 70% off, but is sold out and I believe sold out on Friday right when the tiered sale began, so they were never part of today's sale. (There were only about 100 sets on Friday and they went immediately at $20 per, the lowest price ever, possibly to a single buyer or two).

Sugar Free Gum is now sold out. That also dipped under 100 this weekend, and whatever was left sold today with the new sale. I have 6 coming from the tiered sale. I haven't gotten anything spectacular, but I love that set.

Force Awakens 3D has 180+ left and at full price, but one decent sale could wipe those out, too.

I had a strange mail day with these today. I'd ordered two sets of the AOTC 3D and a Rocky set the last week a few days before the tiered sale started, so at regular "sale" price of $40 each for AOTC and $24 for Rocky, but with the free shipping offer which made the Rocky less than $10 bucks for practical purposes, a very good price for a shot at a Stallone autograph (didn't get one..)

Anyway, I knew these AOTC boxes were close to finally selling out, which is why I'd ordered two at $40 each with free shipping last week. I'd intended to keep them sealed, but receiving the package today, I noticed they made an error and sent one AOTC and one Force Awakens. The cheapest Force Awakens has been is $50 (during the tiered sale) so I technically owe them $10 to keep it, since I got it in place of a $40 set. But then, I really had no choice except to keep it. Even if I sent it back in exchange for the correct AOTC set, not only would it cost me $10 to do so, but also, Topps is now sold out of those, so there is no replacement available.

I went ahead an opened the Force Awakens set, and it had a couple of unnumbered common autographs (which I would say the majority of these boxes always do, so other buyers were at least spared one of those by it being erroneously included in my package).

With that in mind, I'm looking at the AOTC set, and it's just the one. I'd ordered the pair to leave them sealed as long terms holds since I already got both McDiarmids (in about 15 boxes total since they were released, at various sale prices) and there's pretty much only one other signer in those I still need for my PC: Anthony Daniels. Couldn't be one of those in there, could there? Well, it's just one set, might as well open it:

Anthony Daniels out of 25.
(It's a little damaged at one corner as it was unfortunately not in the middle of the deck with other cards around it to protect it, but not too bad, and good enough for my PC. I also like that he writes "C-3PO" along with his name. I'll put a picture in the breaks later today...)

Last edited by jdandns; 12-11-2017 at 05:24 PM.
jdandns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:38 PM   #24
daviswr7

what were the odds on the Rock Autographs?
Old 12-11-2017, 05:39 PM   #25
peterose4hof

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviswr7 View Post
what were the odds on the Rock Autographs?
1 in 125 sets

(Not quite Dumb and Dumber odds, but close)
peterose4hof is offline   Reply With Quote