2017 Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM   #1501
Burt-Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Everyone is just undercutting and prices are in the tank for it all. Pretty soon, you can get a Lonzo Ball Silver for $50.00.
Yup, starting to remember the other reason I got out of the hobby besides getting raped by opening wax. I forgot how cutthroat and what dirtbags eBay sellers are in this hobby. Brokedicks buying boxes they can't afford hoping to strike it rich, then panicking and selling everything for bottom dollar.

I Got caught up in the hype and I really like the draft class. Lucky I'm not a scrub like most of these sellers. I'm gonna sit on a bunch of stuff and some sealed boxes. I believe in this class and all it takes is a player on a hot streak to spike prices on these things. Let these turds cannibalize each other.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM   #1502
gottagitdemjs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
Yup, starting to remember the other reason I got out of the hobby besides getting raped by opening wax. I forgot how cutthroat and what dirtbags eBay sellers are in this hobby. Brokedicks buying boxes they can't afford hoping to strike it rich, then panicking and selling everything for bottom dollar.

I Got caught up in the hype and I really like the draft class. Lucky I'm not a scrub like most of these sellers. I'm gonna sit on a bunch of stuff and some sealed boxes. I believe in this class and all it takes is a player on a hot streak to spike prices on these things. Let these turds cannibalize each other.
Same here. In fact, I'm monitoring the BIN's to try and stack up some cheap silvers for when people are going ape #@#@#@#@ over them next season.
The Chiefs win a Super Bowl.......*sigh
gottagitdemjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:13 PM   #1503
ShtHairMcGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs View Post
Same here. In fact, I'm monitoring the BIN's to try and stack up some cheap silvers for when people are going ape #@#@#@#@ over them next season.
And you know its gonna happen too!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Mouschi Customs: 2...and counting
ShtHairMcGee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:26 PM   #1504
prodigylush

Quote:
Originally Posted by siebertb View Post
None at Logan Square Target. 0/2. Anyone in Chicagoland area seen retail Prizm?
Iíve hit 1 Walmart, 1 Toys r Us and 6 Targets in the city and surrounding burbs. Only 1 Target had stock of cello packs and box packs.
prodigylush is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM   #1505
kyle121592

I haven't been able to find any in Atlanta .
Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM   #1506
siebertb

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigylush View Post
I’ve hit 1 Walmart, 1 Toys r Us and 6 Targets in the city and surrounding burbs. Only 1 Target had stock of cello packs and box packs.
I'll have to keep searching. the Targets by me usually get new stuff later than release date
Old Yesterday, 11:46 PM   #1507
messier2

At this point, if you don't see it at your Target/Walmart, it's because someone else beat you to it!

If you see 2017 Contenders FB stuff and 2017 Chronicles baseball blasters, it's too late...Prizm came with them.
messier2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:31 AM   #1508
mma138

Quote:
Originally Posted by messier2 View Post
At this point, if you don't see it at your Target/Walmart, it's because someone else beat you to it!

If you see 2017 Contenders FB stuff and 2017 Chronicles baseball blasters, it's too late...Prizm came with them.
not realy , some places simply have a lazier "excel guy"
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:46 AM   #1509
O2BMJ23

I hit up 4 Wal-Mart's and 3 Targets this past Saturday morning. i found 28 fat packs aka cellos and 7 blasters. 1 Wal-Mart didn't have anything and 2 targets either. I was able to use the $25 coupon off $100 at one target as they had 9 fat packs. I just picked up a couple donruss packs to make it to $100. The Wal-Mart's i did get some packs from had about 5-7 fat packs and 2-3 blasters.

Very first fat pack I opened I pulled a Tatum silver and Kuzma base. Ended up pulling a Dennis Smith Jr silver, Kuzma silver, 2 Jonathan Isaacs silvers and a John Collins silver. Pulled other silver rcs as well. Pulled a couple Tatum, Lonzo, Kuzmas base as well. Overall I thought it was a pretty good break. Nothing for sale at the moment.

17 18 silver rcs by Jesse G, on Flickr

17 18 prizm rcs by Jesse G, on Flickr

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/o2bmj23Collection/

Last edited by O2BMJ23; Today at 02:02 AM. Reason: pics added
O2BMJ23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:52 AM   #1510
bloodwings19

Went to Walmart to shop for other stuff and found 2 blaster packs. I bought 1 and left 1 for someone else. I don't plan on opening it, just let someone open it for fun.
bloodwings19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:52 AM   #1511
ThoseBackPages

The blasters were 3 for $69 shipped with the coupon this afternoon, so a smidge over SRP (after tax)

keep at it, you'll get your wax fix. this is a low-mid-end product, not meant to have a short print run.

PSA
ThoseBackPages is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:32 AM   #1512
byronscott4ever

Quote:

Look for holes in the display with tags to see what was there
byronscott4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:15 PM   #1513
Peties Army

Quote:

My targets never had any. Iíve checked everyday for a week and they have the same product. Mine have not be updated.
Old Today, 12:30 PM   #1514
stlfan78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peties Army View Post
My targets never had any. Iíve checked everyday for a week and they have the same product. Mine have not be updated.
Same. and I hit several Targets in St. Charles co and even on my way to work on Manchester.
stlfan78 is online now   Reply With Quote