Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Mad

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Sports & Politics

Notices

Sports & Politics This section is for all political sports talk. Regrettably we feel that in some instances there is no way to eliminate politics from football, basketball, and baseball hobbytalk. Do you pretend nothing is happening with the Warriors, Steelers, A's, etc? This section is for all political sports discussion. However, it is for civil discussion only. No insults aimed at members, political parties, or politicians will be tolerated. There is no warning. If you cannot be civil, you will lose your posting privileges on this site.

Old 10-14-2017, 06:38 PM   #101
rman112

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Conscious choices have nothing to do with the topic at hand here. NOTHING. They are talking about healthcare as it relates to illness and the governments responsibility in the matter.
Ok, but that's not what I'm addressing.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:43 PM   #102
preakness

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
Why would anyone choose to be poor? Or ill?

I guess I know which billionaires to ask for a loan. I mean, why only choose to be well off when you could choose to be super rich?
Some would rather sit on couch and collect SS than work for minimum
Old 10-14-2017, 06:51 PM   #103
JosieD

Quote:
Originally Posted by preakness View Post
Some would rather sit on couch and collect SS than work for minimum
Do you realize how hard it is to qualify for SSD? My husband works with gentleman who have severe mental illness and he has had several not qualify yet they are unable to work due to panic attacks, chronic homelessness, etc.

"A little thought and a little kindness are often worth more than a great deal of money." John Ruskin
Old 10-14-2017, 06:57 PM   #104
37Jetson

Enough personal damage has been done in this thread so I need to add my contribution to get this thread locked by saying three times: Imac7065, Imac7065, Imac7065.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:00 PM   #105
oldgoldy97

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieD View Post
Do you realize how hard it is to qualify for SSD? My husband works with gentleman who have severe mental illness and he has had several not qualify yet they are unable to work due to panic attacks, chronic homelessness, etc.
I thought it was like the do not call list, just go online and request it then *poof* free money!
Old 10-14-2017, 07:02 PM   #106
oldgoldy97

I usually think of things like breathing as an unconscious choice, none of the stuff were talking about. At least what most of us are talking about.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:12 PM   #107
preakness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieD View Post
I am not talking SSD
Iím talking lazy people sitting on couch collecting unemployment as they pop out dollar signs, I mean babies
Old 10-14-2017, 08:01 PM   #108
jdandns

Nothing to see, folks, just the All-Heart Brigade making their usual rounds...
Old 10-14-2017, 09:22 PM   #109
BGT Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman112 View Post
Thanks for your opinion.

You're making this personal. It's not specific to this member, you, me, or anyone else. If you want to PM me with how you feel, you can. I won't report you. I've never reported anyone.

We all have different paths, and we all have different lessons to learn in life. It's why people will never be "equal". We're humans.

There ARE people with debilitating conditions that have healthy attitutes towards where they're at. I can't say anything that will heal Chris. I have the ability to challenge his attitude, though. Why would I want him to go through life unhappy?
If you were trying to change his attitude in a positive manner you were doing a piss poor job of it. To me it looked like you were kicking someone while they were down. Not sure why you'd want him to go through life unhappy either but being a prick to him on this forum damn sure isn't helping anything. You might understand the message you're trying to lay down but Chris didn't and I sure don't get it. I'm all for accountability for ones actions but blaming someone for an illness they were born with is a bit much, even for this forum.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:34 PM   #110
rman112

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGT Masters View Post
If you were trying to change his attitude in a positive manner you were doing a piss poor job of it. To me it looked like you were kicking someone while they were down. Not sure why you'd want him to go through life unhappy either but being a prick to him on this forum damn sure isn't helping anything. You might understand the message you're trying to lay down but Chris didn't and I sure don't get it. I'm all for accountability for ones actions but blaming someone for an illness they were born with is a bit much, even for this forum.
Blame? Of course not.

You're looking at it in terms of "fault". That's not it, at all.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:24 AM   #111
Clarka3

Quote:
Originally Posted by preakness View Post
I am not talking SSD
Iím talking lazy people sitting on couch collecting unemployment as they pop out dollar signs, I mean babies
Don't you have to get laid off from a job to actually collect unemployment though?

At least in Ohio you have to hit certain minimums in wages, get laid off through no fault of your own, and still be actively searching for a job.

I think a lot of you think it's easier to get free money than it really is.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:16 AM   #112
preakness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
Don't you have to get laid off from a job to actually collect unemployment though?

At least in Ohio you have to hit certain minimums in wages, get laid off through no fault of your own, and still be actively searching for a job.

The number of individuals who send in resumes to set up
Interviews with no intention of wanting the job is an astonishing number

Too bad some donít use their con artist creativity in a positive manner
Old 10-15-2017, 03:19 AM   #113
HP7163
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post

You're completely wrong ... It's easy AF

No.. you can get "fired" then only have to apply for a few random jobs a weeks to collect. You can get away with this for at least a year

Not to mention SS an welfare...