Blowout Cards Forums
Trending

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Sports & Politics

Notices

Sports & Politics This section is for all political sports talk. Regrettably we feel that in some instances there is no way to eliminate politics from football, basketball, and baseball hobbytalk. Do you pretend nothing is happening with the Warriors, Steelers, A's, etc? This section is for all political sports discussion. However, it is for civil discussion only. No insults aimed at members, political parties, or politicians will be tolerated. There is no warning. If you cannot be civil, you will lose your posting privileges on this site.

Old 11-05-2017, 04:56 PM   #1
xbignick

Default Vin Scully: 'I will never watch another NFL game'

I have only one personal thought, really. And I am so disappointed, Scully said, according to multiple videos of the moment posted on social media. I used to love, during the fall and winter, to watch the NFL on Sunday. And its not that Im some great patriot. I was in the Navy for a year. Didnt go anywhere. Didnt do anything. But I have overwhelming respect and admiration for anyone who puts on a uniform and goes to war. So the only thing I can do in my little way is not to preach. I will never watch another NFL game.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:14 PM   #2
oldgoldy97

So if Vin interviewed all these kneeling players, how many would say they have no respect for the men and women of the armed forces? I think the motivation behind the act is being lost on both sides.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:44 PM   #3
preakness

Kneelers make no
Diffference to any social issues
Old 11-05-2017, 06:08 PM   #4
KhalDrogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
So if Vin interviewed all these kneeling players, how many would say they have no respect for the men and women of the armed forces? I think the motivation behind the act is being lost on both sides.
What is the motivation behind the act today?
Old 11-06-2017, 03:16 PM   #5
jdandns

That only a country of true justice and equal rights for all is worthy of having our flag fly over it and an anthem sung in its honor with our hands on our hearts. Clearly, all of us still have work to do to make this so, and although I personally am grateful to our military and law enforcement for their sacrifices already made to this ideal, I think the message that we (including some members of the military and police) collectively still have some ways to go is resonating. These things take time, though, and we must remember, the American Experiment can never truly reach an end, but only ever be in progress.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:33 PM   #6
SDcardguy24

Jackie Robinson would be disappointed
Old 11-10-2017, 03:21 AM   #7
HP7163

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDcardguy24 View Post
Jackie Robinson would be disappointed
Jackie Robinsons widow was quoted on saying she doubts Jackie would kneel for the flag

Real talk.. if I'm about to be 90 years old there's no way in H E double hockey sticks I'm wasting time in doors watching TV
Old 11-23-2017, 08:42 AM   #8
Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP7163 View Post
Jackie Robinsons widow was quoted on saying she doubts Jackie would kneel for the flag

Real talk.. if I'm about to be 90 years old there's no way in H E double hockey sticks I'm wasting time in doors watching TV
Jackie wouldn't have kneeled. He wasn't a racist.

www.luckeycards.com
Old 11-28-2017, 12:26 AM   #9
HP7163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Jackie wouldn't have kneeled. He wasn't a racist.
I don't think it's about racism as much as he was prideful of being an American even if we aren't perfect . Nothing bothers me more than a fellow American spouting off how fat we are, how stupid we are or how the world views us when I myself am in the top 2-5% health wise, admit when I am talking out my azz, and know we live in a great country with TONS of opportunity.. we are so lucky to be Americans and we are good people as a whole.

The kneeling is a misguided thing now bc of the multiple agendas. I wouldn't do it but I can understand why some people do. That's their right. Said before I'm a younger good looking white guy .. I have never experienced racial injustice so I won't sit here and bs that i know what it's like to be of color . I do know that EVERYONE is a racist to some degree... and we ALL profile people .. it's apart of our sociterybut it's also our responsibility to admit it and try harder to think to ourselves hey try not to do that.. that's all I know man
Old 11-30-2017, 02:13 AM   #10
Stat Monsters

Vin's opinion is irrelevant and he's foolish for voicing an opinion where he once was adored by the masses, now makes comments that can only alienate a segment of his now former fans seeing his lame gesture of protesting the NFL as being narrow-minded, using the term "never watch another NFL game" - - he needs proper publicity managers to help him communicate. He should have said "until the drama impacting my enjoyment of the game and distractions becoming the foreground of discussions, I'll find other things to to rather than watch the games" or something to that effect that keeps him on the higher road.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:19 AM   #11
HP7163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stat Monsters View Post
Vin's opinion is irrelevant and he's foolish for voicing an opinion where he once was adored by the masses, now makes comments that can only alienate a segment of his now former fans seeing his lame gesture of protesting the NFL as being narrow-minded, using the term "never watch another NFL game" - - he needs proper publicity managers to help him communicate. He should have said "until the drama impacting my enjoyment of the game and distractions becoming the foreground of discussions, I'll find other things to to rather than watch the games" or something to that effect that keeps him on the higher road.
He's what 90 years old? You think he gives a F bleep lol. Moron ... adored by the masses ? He's 90.... outside of LA no one who follows baseball knows him under 30.. and no one cares about him

So point blank you're a moron ...
Old 12-05-2017, 02:51 PM   #12
mik

Quote:
Nothing bothers me more than a fellow American spouting off how fat we are, how stupid we are....

So point blank you're a moron ...
Hmm...

I collect. I sell. Mostly baseball.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:10 AM   #13
HP7163

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
Hmm...
Do some editing there or did I ? Lol.... I r recently read an article about 8 different types of "genius" which lead me to believe anyone who knows something' of great insight,detail that I don't , should be respected and or not chastised as I prob did in my drunken stupper when making short sighted comments ...

I'll admit I have since a young age always been so optimistic about People in general believing everyone has something to give to society... BUT unfortunately that the older I've gotten, my cyanosism has negatively eaten at me ... which is basically self controlled ...

But yes sir or ma'am I def agree with whatever quotes you pulled my statements from ... sometimes you should get off the I'm a self righteous positive person soap box when you're ridiculing others with negativity ., def guilty and need to do a better job for my own sake ...

Last edited by HP7163; 01-15-2018 at 04:14 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:50 PM   #14
daxwills

Quote:
I'll admit I have since a young age always been so optimistic about People in general believing everyone has something to give to society... BUT unfortunately that the older I've gotten, my cyanosism has negatively eaten at me ... which is basically self controlled ...
Hey, good looking white dude, nice spelling.

Just teasing, yall get too drunk and/or serious at times.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:00 AM   #15
k13

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
How many of them would tell the truth?

None of them Care about that. They only care about money, drugs and raping woman.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:05 AM   #16
chezball

Quote:
Originally Posted by k13 View Post

None of them Care about that. They only care about money, drugs and raping woman.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:42 AM   #17
Firerunner4

Quote:
Originally Posted by k13 View Post

This is insane, even for you

PC - https://www.flickr.com/photos/79406817@N02/albums/72157684402171443