Blowout Cards Forums
2018 community chest

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Sports & Politics

Notices

Sports & Politics This section is for all political sports talk. Regrettably we feel that in some instances there is no way to eliminate politics from football, basketball, and baseball hobbytalk. Do you pretend nothing is happening with the Warriors, Steelers, A's, etc? This section is for all political sports discussion. However, it is for civil discussion only. No insults aimed at members, political parties, or politicians will be tolerated. There is no warning. If you cannot be civil, you will lose your posting privileges on this site.

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 02:12 PM   #76
Samiamryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by myerscards View Post
And uncle. Who ever I want. All I have to do is ask. Life is tough.
Lmao! Pathetic! Cant buy his own cards but wants to chime in on the problems of the world. Get a job first kid.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:12 PM   #77
jasonm2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post
I had to look that up so I didn't say something that wasn't true. He does do a lot of work with Camp Taylor, a group that supports kids with heart defects. Apparently he lost two siblings to heart defects. But, he does nothing to support the stopping of the "oppression" of black people.
Yea I mean that is 100% amazing and admirable, but right, to your point, nothing to do with race relations.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:14 PM   #78
CrownCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarjetasBéisbol View Post
"Players are encouraged but not required to stand during playing of national anthem." - NFL statement on Kaepernick
Wouldn't expect anything more from a non-profit tax exempt organization that makes $9.5 billion a year.....
Old 08-27-2016, 02:15 PM   #79
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm2121 View Post
Yea I mean that is 100% amazing and admirable, but right, to your point, nothing to do with race relations.
Yes, should have clarified that, but that's what I was implying.
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos
Old 08-27-2016, 02:17 PM   #80
matt060488

Since everyone else seems to just want to say whatever the hell they want even if it has nothing to do with the thread..
TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP
Kaep is garbage and maybe he just wanted to do something to be relevant again..with the exception a few dips in here he wont be getting the attention he wanted.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:29 PM   #81
rynldsbrgraidr

This hasn't been mentioned but he didn't choose to stand for the Anthem in any of the preseason games so far per Adam Schefter. People are trying to twist this that he's bitter toward his battle with Gabbert but it's more than that, true it's not the best form of protest but Colin isn't just doing this because he's bitter about the competition. He's been consistent with it this season and on his Twitter and in the community, and after many events of the summer, multiple athletes are starting to use their platforms to voice their displeasure (Melo at the Olympics, the Lynx, Liberty, and Mercury of the WNBA, Reggie Bullock speaking out about his murdered trans family member, Serena at Wimbledon, Fournette sporting Alton Sterling shirts, LeBron, Wade, CP3 and Curry's ESPY speeches, even Huston Street after the Philando Castle and Alton Sterling deaths).
Old 08-27-2016, 02:32 PM   #82
myerscards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamryan View Post
Lmao! Pathetic! Cant buy his own cards but wants to chime in on the problems of the world. Get a job first kid.
Hey loser I do work. I work for them. Go bother someone else. Why are you so worried about me? Guess you didn't learn from trolling me before.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:32 PM   #83
Pete Schweddy

He was just securing the good spot on the bench, since he knows that's where he belongs.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:32 PM   #84
speedyjg13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasti1 View Post
Spoken like a true trump supporter
1) I don't support Trump

2) I'm Mexican, my entire family is Mexican and have lived in Mexico for years.

We are truly blessed to live in the USA. If nobody likes the USA or believes it, go to Mexico and experience what a screwed up country really is. Been there done that. Long live the USA!!!!
Old 08-27-2016, 02:37 PM   #85
Wolves4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando19 View Post
What an idiot. Let's hope he's fined by the NFL and Goodell doesn't turn his cowardly back on this one.
Goddell can't do anything to him, It's freedom of expression. There is no rule that you have to stand during the anthem.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:40 PM   #86
bradical

Lots of oppression when he is cashing those paychecks from that $126 million contract.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:44 PM   #87
xbignick

I don't believe he did it for the Gabbert attention but he's a little nutty. Check his twitter, half of it are incorrect/unconfirmed RT of 'facts' or wrong situations.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:46 PM   #88
49erRCCollector

I'm a 49ers fan. I don't like what Kaepernick did one bit.

But Liberty, the kind we value, means people get to say things we don't like. Whether you served or not, the goal is freedom, Kaepernick exercised his.

I can dislike what he did and support his right to do so with no conflict.

And to everyone telling him to leave the US.... Criticizing the US for its faults is not a bad thing. This country does have issues, pointing them out doesn't make you unpatriotic if your goal is to improve a situation.

Having said that, this is not way to do it. Maybe Kap should put in real time supporting the community he believes is being oppressed instead of just making empty stances like this.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:46 PM   #89
MrMasterpiece

LET ME START BY SAYING THIS. I WAS CALLED THE N-WORD ON THIS BOARD BY A MEMBER AND THAT MEMBER DID NOT GET MUCH BACKLASH BY FELLOW MEMBERS. ALL THE MEMBER RECEIVED WAS A SHORT SUSPENSION. THIS IS THE WORLD WE LIVE IN, BUT THAT DOESNT MAKE IT RIGHT.

This Board is something else. Always, makes me question the people who I'm associating with on here and if they are people I'd actually sit down and have a productive conversation with. People here get blasted more for not selling cards cheap enough or for possible shilling on eBay then they do about actual things that matter. Colin Kaepernick has rights. Point blank! People can choose to not root for him or whatever, sponsors can be scared and pull sponsorships, but the FACT is that the world ( not just the US) is unfair in color. Too many situations are happening In the US against black people. Constant Brutality and murder, which Don't seem to be stopping anytime soon.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:49 PM   #90
jasonm2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradical View Post
Lots of oppression when he is cashing those paychecks from that $126 million contract.
Agree, has to be tough being in that position, yet still holding firm on the large problems faced. On another note, is he going to be a starter?
Old 08-27-2016, 02:52 PM   #91
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMasterpiece View Post
LET ME START BY SAYING THIS. I WAS CALLED THE N-WORD ON THIS BOARD BY A MEMBER AND THAT MEMBER DID NOT GET MUCH BACKLASH BY FELLOW MEMBERS. ALL THE MEMBER RECEIVED WAS A SHORT SUSPENSION. THIS IS THE WORLD WE LIVE IN, BUT THAT DOESNT MAKE IT RIGHT.

This Board is something else. Always, makes me question the people who I'm associating with on here and if they are people I'd actually sit down and have a productive conversation with. People here get blasted more for not selling cards cheap enough or for possible shilling on eBay then they do about actual things that matter. Colin Kaepernick has rights. Point blank! People can choose to not root for him or whatever, sponsors can be scared and pull sponsorships, but the FACT is that the world ( not just the US) is unfair in color. Too many situations are happening In the US against black people. Constant Brutality and murder, which Don't seem to be stopping anytime soon.
That is so crazy. It definitely seems to be leaned to one side on this site. I got banned for two weeks for talking about educated/uneducated demographics in a political thread. I still have absolutely no clue what I said and no one will tell me. And members can say that stuff with barely a slap on the wrist. Crazy.

Edit::: I only read the big bold letters. I did not read the rest of this users message and I do not agree with it.
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos

Last edited by pgisback; 08-27-2016 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:54 PM   #92
ntgm37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm2121 View Post
who we talking about? the QB who cannot convince others he is better than the worst QB drafted since the league began?
Ponder or Gabbert?!
Old 08-27-2016, 02:59 PM   #93
myerscards

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post
That is so crazy. It definitely seems to be leaned to one side on this site. I got banned for two weeks for talking about educated/uneducated demographics in a political thread. I still have absolutely no clue what I said and no one will tell me. And members can say that stuff with barely a slap on the wrist. Crazy.
This thread needs to be taken down before a lot of people get suspended are banned. It started on one thing now its going in another direction.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:05 PM   #94
cnewby

Quote:

Why this post is allowed to stand blows me away. Get out of here with this crap.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:08 PM   #95
tke1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynldsbrgraidr View Post
This hasn't been mentioned but he didn't choose to stand for the Anthem in any of the preseason games so far per Adam Schefter. People are trying to twist this that he's bitter toward his battle with Gabbert but it's more than that, true it's not the best form of protest but Colin isn't just doing this because he's bitter about the competition. He's been consistent with it this season and on his Twitter and in the community, and after many events of the summer, multiple athletes are starting to use their platforms to voice their displeasure (Melo at the Olympics, the Lynx, Liberty, and Mercury of the WNBA, Reggie Bullock speaking out about his murdered trans family member, Serena at Wimbledon, Fournette sporting Alton Sterling shirts, LeBron, Wade, CP3 and Curry's ESPY speeches, even Huston Street after the Philando Castle and Alton Sterling deaths).
The only significant event that has happened since his last pre season games were he made no "protest" was the gang shooting of D-wades cousin in Chicago. Why did he wait until last night to make his "stand" against police oppression?

Last edited by tke1600; 08-27-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:16 PM   #96
matt060488

Quote:

Seriously enough with this bs racial crap...no one ever talks about black on black crime it's funny people will twist it anyway they want to make it racial. Stop committing crimes and I guarantee there won't be all of this police brutality..and to show support for a "murdered" criminal let's burn down the Damn town
Old 08-27-2016, 03:21 PM   #97
49erRCCollector

Well, that escalated quickly. I'm outta this thread.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:37 PM   #98
IronMonkey415

I'm outta here as well.

🙈 - 🙉 - 🙊
Bound by blood. Divided by fate. Driven by destiny
Old 08-27-2016, 03:43 PM   #99
FreeMan12406
Banned

America, the land of the free. Unless that freedom is something than I disagree with. Then you can leave.

For all the talk about the young generation and safe spaces, seems a lot of grown people get butt hurt way too easily.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:51 PM   #100
imbluestreak23

Quote:

Unfair in color?

Explain that to the millions of white kids playing "black sports" who don't get a chance in their coaches eyes becaue they aren't "athletic."

Explain that to the millions of white Americans who apply for and are denied job oppurutunites in the name of "diversity."

And oh yeah, PLEASE try explaining that to me, someone who is SIX FIGURES in debt who has earned a bachelors, masters, and professional doctorate health care degree without earnign A SINGLE scholarship...but oh boy, if your a sub 3.0 minority, your school is paid for.

GTFO of here with this, America ain't fair to color BS.
Closed Thread