Blowout Cards Forums
2018 community chest

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Sports & Politics

Notices

Sports & Politics This section is for all political sports talk. Regrettably we feel that in some instances there is no way to eliminate politics from football, basketball, and baseball hobbytalk. Do you pretend nothing is happening with the Warriors, Steelers, A's, etc? This section is for all political sports discussion. However, it is for civil discussion only. No insults aimed at members, political parties, or politicians will be tolerated. There is no warning. If you cannot be civil, you will lose your posting privileges on this site.

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 03:51 PM   #101
packman80

Kaepernick a guy who is half white, adopted and raised by white parents in white neighborhoods is crying about racism. LOL what a idiot.

http://s445.photobucket.com/user/GBP4EVER/library/Packers%20Collectables?sort=3&page=1
Old 08-27-2016, 03:53 PM   #102
IronMonkey415

THIS IS IT.
THIS IS THE CIVIL WAR that I've been talking about that will snap BO in half.

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!

🙈 - 🙉 - 🙊
Bound by blood. Divided by fate. Driven by destiny
Old 08-27-2016, 04:00 PM   #103
zachtruitt

I weep for the oppressed white basketball players.
Interested in Orioles HOFers and current O's. Oakland Raiders HOFers along with Rich Gannon. I am always looking for any Eastern Shore League (1920's to 1947) baseball memorabilia, please PM if you know of any for sale
Old 08-27-2016, 04:21 PM   #104
mike1498

Honestly what Kaep did was stupid.

Even though Kaep is an *** he technically shouldn't be fired from this instance because he is allowed the freedom of speech in this country so if he doesn't want to say the national anthem he shouldn't have to then (but once again hes an *** for not doing so).

He is wrong IMO though because there are just as many racist whites as there are blacks and both races are deprived opportunities in different instances because of there race

My advice is to Kaep and to anyone else who agrees with Kaep, if you don't like america, move out because you'll find a new appreciation for america once you find out how life is in these other countries. I'm not saying that Kaeps idea was completely off, I think that there will always be racism and standing up to it isn't bad but in this instance even though he proved his point, he also just disrespected our veterans who fought for our freedom.

Last edited by mike1498; 08-27-2016 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:30 PM   #105
FreeMan12406
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by packman80 View Post
Kaepernick a guy who is half white, adopted and raised by white parents in white neighborhoods is crying about racism. LOL what a idiot.
He didn't say he experienced this himself did he?
Old 08-27-2016, 04:33 PM   #106
rednecksims

Send a message via Yahoo to rednecksims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustomania View Post
Agree with this 100%
I completely disagree with it. Between his football abilities this season and this BS he is pulling he should be cut.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:35 PM   #107
rednecksims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamryan View Post
Leave or stay and try to help fix it. You may not like what he did (and so do I), but guess what? We are talking about the issue. That's how you fix things. Discuss them (with an open mind). Ignore them or "go to Mexico" doesn't help things.
There are a lot better ways to "talk" about the issue than disrespect the flag and your country. Especially in the position he has where he can access the media.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:37 PM   #108
rednecksims

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEBEER View Post
Most of them haven't amounted to anything. What's even better is you see none of them trying to solve any issues. Has Carmelo ever addressed his appearance in a "Stop Snitching" video? Yet, he has no problem blabbing on and on at the ESPY's
We all know the bigger issue here and the guys won't say a damn thing about it.

Edit: I will say Lebron gives a ton back to his community and has stayed away from the bad crowd, but the majority of athletes can't do the same.
Lebron has done a lot. A lot for his community and inner city youth. I have yet to see him completely say screw this country.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:39 PM   #109
rednecksims

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarjetasBéisbol View Post
"Players are encouraged but not required to stand during playing of national anthem." - NFL statement on Kaepernick
Good for them. Anyone who doesnt respect this country can go find another country that gives them the same opportunity. Plain and simple. Coming from a guy who hates Trump and Hillary. Same goes for non athletes as well.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:40 PM   #110
Astros19

He has the right to his opinions in this great country.
Thankfully so do I.
He's a crappy quarterback and a douchebag.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2016, 04:40 PM   #111
rednecksims

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenwhatjk View Post
Just noticed OP's screen name, I love it
Guess you do not know the origins of the term redneck or my meaning behind it. Glad you could be educated. Love it.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:40 PM   #112
Astros19

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMonkey415 View Post
THIS IS IT.
THIS IS THE CIVIL WAR that I've been talking about that will snap BO in half.

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!
Dramaqueen much?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2016, 04:44 PM   #113
FreeMan12406
Banned

Does BO have safe spaces for the members here? Seems like a lot of posters have been triggered.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:45 PM   #114
rednecksims

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erRCCollector View Post
I'm a 49ers fan. I don't like what Kaepernick did one bit.

But Liberty, the kind we value, means people get to say things we don't like. Whether you served or not, the goal is freedom, Kaepernick exercised his.

I can dislike what he did and support his right to do so with no conflict.

And to everyone telling him to leave the US.... Criticizing the US for its faults is not a bad thing. This country does have issues, pointing them out doesn't make you unpatriotic if your goal is to improve a situation.

Having said that, this is not way to do it. Maybe Kap should put in real time supporting the community he believes is being oppressed instead of just making empty stances like this.
Tell me this. Is your local, county, or state police the responsibility of the national government? Heard of any federal agency killing "innocent" people in the streets?
Old 08-27-2016, 04:47 PM   #115
rednecksims

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMasterpiece View Post
LET ME START BY SAYING THIS. I WAS CALLED THE N-WORD ON THIS BOARD BY A MEMBER AND THAT MEMBER DID NOT GET MUCH BACKLASH BY FELLOW MEMBERS. ALL THE MEMBER RECEIVED WAS A SHORT SUSPENSION. THIS IS THE WORLD WE LIVE IN, BUT THAT DOESNT MAKE IT RIGHT.

This Board is something else. Always, makes me question the people who I'm associating with on here and if they are people I'd actually sit down and have a productive conversation with. People here get blasted more for not selling cards cheap enough or for possible shilling on eBay then they do about actual things that matter. Colin Kaepernick has rights. Point blank! People can choose to not root for him or whatever, sponsors can be scared and pull sponsorships, but the FACT is that the world ( not just the US) is unfair in color. Too many situations are happening In the US against black people. Constant Brutality and murder, which Don't seem to be stopping anytime soon.
So me as part white, native american, and black, if a person gets shot of any of those races I should simply say my government sucks and I dont respect them?
Old 08-27-2016, 04:51 PM   #116
Gustomania

Isn't about football abilities in the original post. So now because you think his abilities are also not NFL good enough and apparently you also feel entitled, you feel starting a petition to get him canned is your responsibility.....I guess I thought you were speaking ONLY about his actions, now I disagree with that and in terms of his a ability.

I don't disagree that his actions could have been displayed in a better manner, but he can believe what he wants. If you were in charge everyone would just have to "shut up and do there job" or Mr. Redneck is going to send a petition to your boss.....send your little petition, I'm sure the NFL and Baalke are waiting for it on pins and needles.

I'm done with this thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednecksims View Post
I completely disagree with it. Between his football abilities this season and this BS he is pulling he should be cut.

1957 Johnny Unitas - 1958 Jimmy Brown - 1976 Walter Payton - 1981 Joe Montana/1986 Jerry Rice
Old 08-27-2016, 04:51 PM   #117
rednecksims

In the end my original post wasnt to "get him fired for his beliefs". Anyone who believes they can get that done through a petition in crazy. My point was for professional sports and athletes to understand there are better ways to do this and become educated before you look like a complete idiot.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:55 PM   #118
rednecksims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustomania View Post
Isn't about football abilities in the original post. So now because you think his abilities are also not NFL good enough and apparently you also feel entitled, you feel starting a petition to get him canned is your responsibility.....I guess I thought you were speaking ONLY about his actions, now I disagree with that and in terms of his a ability.

I don't disagree that his actions could have been displayed in a better manner, but he can believe what he wants. If you were in charge everyone would just have to "shut up and do there job" or Mr. Redneck is going to send a petition to your boss.....send your little petition, I'm sure the NFL and Baalke are waiting for it on pins and needles.

I'm done with this thread....
I feel entitled? No, I feel like Im and educated American that understands the difference between local, state, and federal government. I started the petition for the reasons in my previous post. His NFL abilities do play into the overall fact that the 49ers (who I am not a fan of) should not take him as their responsibility as this point. I know that Baalke and the 49ers could give a #@#@#@#@ less about this petition. I know they are on pins and needles after his little display though.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:56 PM   #119
BirdLaw

I will ALWAYS support a person's right to protest even if I don't agree with their views. The road to the freedom we have as a country today was paved by many acts of civil disobedience that were considered blasphemous, unpatriotic and many times even illegal.

That being said, I think Kaepernick is looking too broadly here. While there are definitely some nationwide, systemic issues involved here, it's not something that the federal government itself is trying to perpetuate IMO.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:04 PM   #120
Soxrule111

I quit reading after the first page, and kinda curious if this thread will become a Memorable 18 one again (right 18 were suspended from 1 thread?)

Kaep is a tool, I hope he gets what he deserves. I have NO issues if a guy takes a dirty shot at him, and after the game simply says Kaep should take his Crippled ass out of the Country.

You have your opinions, I have Mine. Fine, No problem with that. But when you act like your above others,I didnt see any of your teammates joining you in your sit down? I didnt see you supporting the officers killed by the sniper in Texas. Maybe you deserve to get you ass kicked, Robbed, and beaten outside the stadium. And please, when it happens, DO NOT call the cops or paramedics to help you. You deserve to rot in hell.

And for a Business Standpoint, his Kaep should be sitting with that POS from Cleveland looking for a job... Hope you rot in Hell Kaepernick.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:11 PM   #121
rynldsbrgraidr

On anotheer note, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, that's what this country was built on, pointing fingers at Kaepernick won't do anything, he's allowed to act as he pleases as long as it's within the limit of the law, just like anyone on here.
Quote:
I feel entitled? No, I feel like Im and educated American that understands the difference between local, state, and federal government. I started the petition for the reasons in my previous post. His NFL abilities do play into the overall fact that the 49ers (who I am not a fan of) should not take him as their responsibility as this point. I know that Baalke and the 49ers could give a #@#@#@#@ less about this petition. I know they are on pins and needles after his little display though.

Last edited by rynldsbrgraidr; 08-27-2016 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:14 PM   #122
jlzinck

Pretty simple.....he had the right to do this, People here have the right to not like what he did and voice their opinion.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:23 PM   #123
rednecksims

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynldsbrgraidr View Post

On anotheer note, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, that's what this country was built on, pointing fingers at Kaepernick won't do anything, he's allowed to act as he pleases as long as it's within the limit of the law, just like anyone on here.
If you read my posts I say he has the right to freedom of expression, but as an American if he is educated, he would have realized doing what the did is ignorance. Also, if you read my other posts you would see what my intent was on this entire thread.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:36 PM   #124
myerscards

One post in this thread was intended to pull a lot of triggers.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:41 PM   #125
TarjetasBéisbol

Quote:
If you read my posts I say he has the right to freedom of expression, but as an American if he is educated, he would have realized doing what the did is ignorance. Also, if you read my other posts you would see what my intent was on this entire thread.
Yes...educated people never do anything stupid.

Closed Thread