Blowout Cards Forums
2018 coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Sports & Politics

Notices

Sports & Politics This section is for all political sports talk. Regrettably we feel that in some instances there is no way to eliminate politics from football, basketball, and baseball hobbytalk. Do you pretend nothing is happening with the Warriors, Steelers, A's, etc? This section is for all political sports discussion. However, it is for civil discussion only. No insults aimed at members, political parties, or politicians will be tolerated. There is no warning. If you cannot be civil, you will lose your posting privileges on this site.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:49 PM   #26
pingbling23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander07 View Post
I'm sorry, when did he beat up a female? Also, when did he own a professional sports team and sign someone who has?

Bye.
I'm just saying he openly supports people that have been arrested for domestic assault. This is different in your eyes?
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:52 PM   #27
JustinVerlander07

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
I'm just saying he openly supports people that have been arrested for domestic assault. This is different in your eyes?
What I am saying is, is that an owner who won't tolerate kneeling for the national anthem in peaceful protest, but will tolerate domestic violence is not the kind of person who has their priorities straight. I don't really care what Draymond Green's personal ideals of other people are, don't sit there and say you won't tolerate peaceful protest but have no issue with beating the hell out of a female.

Do you have a problem with a man beating the hell out of a female?

"Cavs in 7. Write it down"
JustinVerlander07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:04 PM   #28
pingbling23

Quote:
What I am saying is, is that an owner who won't tolerate kneeling for the national anthem in peaceful protest, but will tolerate domestic violence is not the kind of person who has their priorities straight. I don't really care what Draymond Green's personal ideals of other people are, don't sit there and say you won't tolerate peaceful protest but have no issue with beating the hell out of a female.

Do you have a problem with a man beating the hell out of a female?
I have a problem with that and players kneeling for the anthem. It's a slippery slope to say that either deserve a career death sentence or should be black balled forever though. I find it hypocritical that you're worried about who jones hires but don't care about the people your favorite player endorses.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:07 PM   #29
JustinVerlander07

Quote:
I have a problem with that and players kneeling for the anthem. It's a slippery slope to say that either deserve a career death sentence or should be black balled forever though. I find it hypocritical that you're worried about who jones hires but don't care about the people your favorite player endorses.
I am not a fan of the fact that he (and so many others) embrace Floyd Mayweather, however I'm not a fan of the fact that my favorite Baseball player is a huge jerk (Verlander).

If you're going to frown about peaceful protest but not domestic violence though? You are a bad human being in my book, no way around it.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:16 PM   #30
KhalDrogo

Quote:
It's too bad that owner is fine with men beating up a female.
Agree wholeheartedly. Ban every player with a history of domestic abuse for life. Bench and fine those who kneel during the anthem.
KhalDrogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:24 PM   #31
pingbling23

Quote:
I am not a fan of the fact that he (and so many others) embrace Floyd Mayweather, however I'm not a fan of the fact that my favorite Baseball player is a huge jerk (Verlander).

If you're going to frown about peaceful protest but not domestic violence though? You are a bad human being in my book, no way around it.
Yes, this protest is peaceful but it's also highly offensive to a large group of people and is being done at a poor time. I believe that is what jones is frowning about, it's not the message. Why don't these players hold rallies everyday, talk on news outlets, have meetings with local police and politicians, etc instead of doing it at a time many feel is disrespectful.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:27 PM   #32
rhigh2390

Quote:
Yes, this protest is peaceful but it's also highly offensive to a large group of people and is being done at a poor time. I believe that is what jones is frowning about, it's not the message. Why don't these players hold rallies everyday, talk on news outlets, have meetings with local police and politicians, etc instead of doing it at a time many feel is disrespectful.
Exactly. Protesting and disrespecting the country that allowed them to protest, while not doing anything about the real problem. They could be doing so much more useful things to try to put a stop to police brutality or whatever they are protesting instead of just kneeling and basically giving the finger to America.

Like you said, these guys aren't doing anything in their communities like talking to government officials/local police. They are the real ones dividing the country.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/152884306@N08/albums

Last edited by rhigh2390; 10-09-2017 at 09:30 PM.
rhigh2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:29 PM   #33
JustinVerlander07

Quote:
It's highly offensive to people who weren't in the military but want to tell you it offends all of the military. I get it, I deal with hearing about this all the time. A lot of these guys are donating money to the foundations they are kneeling for, if you expect pro football players to in-season be holding rallies etc though? Not realistic

Old 10-09-2017, 09:31 PM   #34
rhigh2390

Quote:
It's highly offensive to people who weren't in the military but want to tell you it offends all of the military. I get it, I deal with hearing about this all the time. A lot of these guys are donating money to the foundations they are kneeling for, if you expect pro football players to in-season be holding rallies etc though? Not realistic
Didn't see them do it all spring or summer either....

Old 10-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #35
pingbling23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhigh2390 View Post
Exactly. Protesting and disrespecting the country that allowed them to protest, while not doing anything about the real problem. They could be doing so much more useful things to try to put a stop to police brutality or whatever they are protesting instead of just kneeling and basically giving the finger to America.
And maybe that's coming but I don't understand why they are dragging their feet. It's easy to say there is a problem, provide little proof, and not do anything to solve it. That's my feeling when I see and hear these players.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:35 PM   #36
rhigh2390

Quote:
And maybe that's coming but I don't understand why they are dragging their feet. It's easy to say there is a problem, provide little proof, and not do anything to solve it. That's my feeling when I see and hear these players.
Exactly. Which is why I see what they're doing as nothing but a publicity stunt and why I'm all for owners coming out and saying to stop.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:36 PM   #37
pingbling23

Quote:
The military is just one aspect of it. But people in the military are human, some are offended some aren't.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:21 PM   #38
Clarka3

i'm just interested to see what he does if it's Dez, Dak, Zeke (or any other player that is a team leader or impact player) to see what JJ does. I think saying something so final in a public forum is a very bad decision because he either loses one of those players because he sits them when they test him, or he lets it slide and looks weak.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:37 PM   #39
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
i'm just interested to see what he does if it's Dez, Dak, Zeke (or any other player that is a team leader or impact player) to see what JJ does. I think saying something so final in a public forum is a very bad decision because he either loses one of those players because he sits them when they test him, or he lets it slide and looks weak.
Im sure most players care about money first.
Siberian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:48 AM   #40
quackhead

Quote:
How about players disrespecting females? How do you feel about that?
Good point. Where are all the female protesters? Should the cheerleaders start kneeling?
quackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:14 AM   #41
HP7163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
Dez already stated he isn't messing with his money though he cares . Dak isn't trying to cause distractions esp as a young QB. Zeke? Jerry has had his back wiith all the off the field stuff and went to war for him so he could play. No way Zeke would.

I get what you're saying but Jerry Jones OWNS the Cowboys & has made it clear well before this year . Soo if you fool with his money or product I'd believe he's a man of his word.. End of the day im his mind "do you wanna get paid to play for the Dallas Cowboys or be an activist who's traded to the Browns" ha..

There's also a reason former players usually love Jerry Jones.. he takes care of his guys so if players can honor his request they know he'll always be there for them.
HP7163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:18 AM   #42
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
Good point. Where are all the female protesters? Should the cheerleaders start kneeling?
If they kneel, it would be too hot for TV
Siberian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:42 AM   #43
joan1173

He's standing for what is right, and is not worried about losing games because of it. I don't see what the big deal is.

http://s1213.beta.photobucket.com/user/joank1173/library/
joan1173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:46 AM   #44
JustinVerlander07

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan1173 View Post
He's standing for what is right, and is not worried about losing games because of it. I don't see what the big deal is.
Dak and Dez both kneel (you know, their right to do so), is he sitting both? No. This is the same loser that kneeled with his players and just stared into the first camera he found.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:46 AM   #45
GeechQuest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
Im sure most players care about money first.
The players would still get paid. Only the league can suspend without pay.

Jones can sit or "suspend" players all he wants, he still has to pay them.
GeechQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:27 AM   #46
HP7163

Quote:
Dak and Dez both kneel (you know, their right to do so), is he sitting both? No. This is the same loser that kneeled with his players and just stared into the first camera he found.
Is Tony working the game? If so I'll bet my house after DAK kneels and Jerry waives Romo down.. Dez IMMEDIATELY fakes like he stumbled and tells Tony thank god.. let's run that back shoulder route PLEASE .. my stats stink with this guy
Old 10-10-2017, 10:27 AM   #47
Cervantes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhigh2390 View Post
They are the real ones dividing the country.
Okie Dokie.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:50 AM   #48
HP7163

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan1173 View Post
You must not know Jerry Jones.. this was in place over a year ago. It's a non story ... but he ain't trying to lose games/money over Donald trump when it comes down to it.. why he said "bench" lol
Old 10-10-2017, 01:01 PM   #49
bmac56

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly55 View Post
He is just enforcing the rules. I seriously don't know why this is even an issue.

The Game Operations manual states that players are required to stand. It's all over the internet if one looks.

Or, is this all fake news?

https://www.facebook.com/RealityChec...86173004957849

http://time.com/4955704/nfl-league-r...l-anthem-rule/

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/25/do...ational-anthem
Technically it says they "should" stand.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:21 PM   #50
Grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac56 View Post
Technically it says they "should" stand.
Correct. "Should" does not mean "Must" stand.

The only "Must" is that the anthem must be played before the game.

I like that Jerry is taking a stand. I hate that this is such a distraction. But for everyone saying that it a "rule" to stand, it isn't.

With that said here is a rule:

Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1 (d) of the NFL rulebook, which states that “players are prohibited from engaging in any celebrations or demonstrations while on the ground”

This is the same NFL that fined Cameron Heyward for wearing eye black honoring his father, former NFL fullback Craig "Ironhead" Heyward after he died from Cancer.

Its the same the league that fined cornerback William Gay for wearing purple cleats to show support for domestic violence awareness.

The League now says its OK to demonstrate in this manner, during the anthem, but not OK to show support for cancer or domestic violence due to "Uniform" rules?

Crazy stuff!
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote