Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Mad

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Sports & Politics

Notices

Sports & Politics This section is for all political sports talk. Regrettably we feel that in some instances there is no way to eliminate politics from football, basketball, and baseball hobbytalk. Do you pretend nothing is happening with the Warriors, Steelers, A's, etc? This section is for all political sports discussion. However, it is for civil discussion only. No insults aimed at members, political parties, or politicians will be tolerated. There is no warning. If you cannot be civil, you will lose your posting privileges on this site.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:19 PM   #76
chris_ac

Waking up everyday of your life knowing you will die young. Normal people don’t see it coming and hopefully live fully. My health has taken away all those life’s great activities and there has been no choices.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:21 PM   #77
chris_ac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman112 View Post
100% yes. No one chose your life for you.

You can either accept who you are, or not. The second option brings plenty of angst.
I did accept. I canít provide my own healthcare. Also, are you giving me religious logic?
Old 10-14-2017, 04:21 PM   #78
preakness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ac View Post
Waking up everyday of your life knowing you will die young. Normal people donít see it coming and hopefully live fully. My health has taken away all those lifeís great activities and there has been no choices.
God bless
Wouldnít wish it on my enemies

But still donít think govt should be involved

God bless
Old 10-14-2017, 04:23 PM   #79
preakness

Quote:
Saying sorry in your pretense is offensive to me.
Iím
Sorry you feel that way
Old 10-14-2017, 04:23 PM   #80
rman112

Quote:
I did accept. I canít provide my own healthcare. Also, are you giving me religious logic?
Zero religion. Moreso knowledge of the human condition. Nothing I've said here isn't true, though.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:23 PM   #81
preakness

Quote:
If youíve lived my life, you would possibly understand.
I know your type
Old 10-14-2017, 04:25 PM   #82
chris_ac

I collect cards because I have nothing else and my family accepts it. There is no allusions in my family about reality. It’s depressing. But it is what it is.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:26 PM   #83
corndog

Location: From a table in McDonalds, with lovely fake flowers on it.

Quote:
Lol. I chose CF? Good one.
Not choosing sides, but you really need to take a break from this thread before you do yourself in. You came in here blaming every problem known to man on "old white men" with the precision of a nuclear bomb. Not everyone agrees with your opinion. Let it go.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:26 PM   #84
oldgoldy97

You aren't going to change anyone's mind so you should quit beating your head against the wall. Some people figure that anyone who deals with hardship brought it upon themselves.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:33 PM   #85
preakness

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
You aren't going to change anyone's mind so you should quit beating your head against the wall. Some people figure that anyone who deals with hardship brought it upon themselves.
Nope
Some understand some dealt a bad hand
However not only hands dealt by successful white men

Trump was not president when dude was born
As a matter of fact democrats Clinton and Obama were presidents for half his life
Old 10-14-2017, 04:37 PM   #86
oldgoldy97

Quote:
Originally Posted by preakness View Post
Nope
Some understand some dealt a bad hand
However not only hands dealt by successful white men

Trump was not president when dude was born
As a matter of fact democrats Clinton and Obama were presidents for half his life
So no one anywhere thinks people with hardship bring it upon themselves? I mean, you did answer nope. Or what does nope refer to?
Old 10-14-2017, 04:43 PM   #87
BGT Masters

Quote:
Lol. I chose CF? Good one.
Quote:
Enjoy your suspension!

Maybe you can keep it up and get yourself banned?

Good luck.
Perhaps you and another member will also enjoy your suspensions since you're obviously egging him on and trolling the crap out of the guy. You really just told someone born with a terminal illness they chose to be that way and to take responsibility for it? Seriously? I may not agree with his political views but how about a little compassion. Or does that not exist on the internet?
Old 10-14-2017, 04:47 PM   #88
oldgoldy97

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGT Masters View Post
Perhaps you and another member will also enjoy your suspensions since you're obviously egging him on and trolling the crap out of the guy. You really just told someone born with a terminal illness they chose to be that way and to take responsibility for it? Seriously? I may not agree with his political views but how about a little compassion. Or does that not exist on the internet?
If more people thought like this the world would be so much better off.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:49 PM   #89
rman112

Quote:
It has zero to do with compassion, empathy, sympathy, or any kind of emotion. Every single human being on this planet chooses their life. That is the truth. It's probably the most profound truth there is.

The "good" people, the "bad" people, the rich, the poor, the killers, the saints. Everyone.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:55 PM   #90
oldgoldy97

Quote:
It has zero to do with compassion, empathy, sympathy, or any kind of emotion. Every single human being on this planet chooses their life. That is the truth. It's probably the most profound truth there is.

The "good" people, the "bad" people, the rich, the poor, the killers, the saints. Everyone.
Gotcha.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:51 PM   #91
Clarka3

Quote:
100% yes. No one chose your life for you.

You can either accept who you are, or not. The second option brings plenty of angst.
I'm risking banning for posting in here, but jfc. Nobody chooses to get CF.

you need to apologise and really think about what you just said.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:57 PM   #92
rman112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
I'm risking banning for posting in here, but jfc. Nobody chooses to get CF.

you need to apologise and really think about what you just said.
Thanks for your opinion.

You're making this personal. It's not specific to this member, you, me, or anyone else. If you want to PM me with how you feel, you can. I won't report you. I've never reported anyone.

We all have different paths, and we all have different lessons to learn in life. It's why people will never be "equal". We're humans.

There ARE people with debilitating conditions that have healthy attitutes towards where they're at. I can't say anything that will heal Chris. I have the ability to challenge his attitude, though. Why would I want him to go through life unhappy?
Old 10-14-2017, 06:05 PM   #93
37Jetson

Quote:
Compassion has taken a beating in this thread with some really disgusting trolling.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:21 PM   #94
jlzinck

Please remove this whole folder. People cannot and will not ever think of any side but their own
Old 10-14-2017, 06:25 PM   #95
oldgoldy97

Why would anyone choose to be poor? Or ill?

I guess I know which billionaires to ask for a loan. I mean, why only choose to be well off when you could choose to be super rich?
Old 10-14-2017, 06:26 PM   #96
mmbtvs
unregistered

Quote:

I'm not saying anyone in this thread is right or wrong about any post before this one. But you sir are wrong.

Does the baby who died from SIDS choose their life?

How about the 8 year old who has both parents die in a car wreck?

Did Connor choose his life?

Did Leoneez choose her life?

We make lots of decisions every single day. That doesn't mean that every single one of us chooses the life we live.

I'm sure if chris_ac had a choice, he would choose to not have CF. Doesn't mean he still didn't determine most of his life, but that part he did not.

So seriously, you need to self reflect dude. Your view is clearly from a single minded point of view. Take the blinders off and put yourself in the shoes of someone who had something thrust upon them that is not a part of their life because of their "choice".

If you still want to stick to your guns after this, I guess ignorance is bliss, and you must be borderline comatose from your melancholy.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:28 PM   #97
rman112

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
Why would anyone choose to be poor? Or ill?

I guess I know which billionaires to ask for a loan. I mean, why only choose to be well off when you could choose to be super rich?
You're looking at this as purely worldly. I'm talking unconscious choice vs. conscious choice.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:31 PM   #98
rman112

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
I'm not saying anyone in this thread is right or wrong about any post before this one. But you sir are wrong.

Does the baby who died from SIDS choose their life?

How about the 8 year old who has both parents die in a car wreck?

Did Connor choose his life?

Did Leoneez choose her life?

We make lots of decisions every single day. That doesn't mean that every single one of us chooses the life we live.

I'm sure if chris_ac had a choice, he would choose to not have CF. Doesn't mean he still didn't determine most of his life, but that part he did not.

So seriously, you need to self reflect dude. Your view is clearly from a single minded point of view. Take the blinders off and put yourself in the shoes of someone who had something thrust upon them that is not a part of their life because of their "choice".

If you still want to stick to your guns after this, I guess ignorance is bliss, and you must be borderline comatose from your melancholy.
Again, conscious choice vs unconscious choice. One you're aware of, one you're (more than likely) unaware of. It's not even a matter of right vs wrong, or bad vs good.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:34 PM   #99
rman112

You are misunderstanding what I mean by "choice". I don't mean waking up one day and deciding "I'd like to be sick", or "I'd like to be poor". That's not at all what I'm talking about.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:36 PM   #100
mmbtvs
unregistered

Quote:
Again, conscious choice vs unconscious choice. One you're aware of, one you're (more than likely) unaware of. It's not even a matter of right vs wrong, or bad vs good.
Conscious choices have nothing to do with the topic at hand here. NOTHING. They are talking about healthcare as it relates to illness and the governments responsibility in the matter.