Blowout Cards Forums
2018 flush

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Sports & Politics

Notices

Sports & Politics This section is for all political sports talk. Regrettably we feel that in some instances there is no way to eliminate politics from football, basketball, and baseball hobbytalk. Do you pretend nothing is happening with the Warriors, Steelers, A's, etc? This section is for all political sports discussion. However, it is for civil discussion only. No insults aimed at members, political parties, or politicians will be tolerated. There is no warning. If you cannot be civil, you will lose your posting privileges on this site.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:23 AM   #26
pingbling23

thousands of Americans die a year due to illegal aliens. The majority are car crashes. It baffles me the people turning a blind eye to this problem are the same ones manifesting problems with law enforcement in America. Interesting.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:30 AM   #27
jdandns

Thousands every year, huh? Go ahead and source that claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman112 View Post
More.. legals, or illegals?
I dunno, but there's a whole bunch of "legals" who aren't worth a nickel, even added all up together, by which I mean racists, sexists, etc. You get the idea. I find them to be the actual obstacle we've yet to overcome in terms of truly achieving the American ideal as opposed to people being ostracized for trying to make a better lives for themselves and their families (which by the way, those ideals were founded upon).
Old 02-07-2018, 01:31 AM   #28
pingbling23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post

I dunno, but there's a whole bunch of "legals" who aren't worth a nickel, even added all up together, by which I mean racists, sexists, etc. You get the idea. I find them to be the actual obstacle we've yet to overcome in terms of truly achieving the American ideal as opposed to people being ostracized for trying to make a better lives for themselves and their families (which by the way, those ideals were founded upon).
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/30...l-drivers.html

Keep fighting the good fight....
Old 02-07-2018, 01:39 AM   #29
pingbling23

As you try to search for things to disprove the claim, I scratch my head as to why you want to defend illegal aliens. These "law abiding" immigrants are also a drain on our economy.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:06 AM   #30
silverandblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
As you try to search for things to disprove the claim, I scratch my head as to why you want to defend illegal aliens. These "law abiding" immigrants are also a drain on our economy.
Hey come on now the guy defending illegals is from California where illegals can get a drivers license, free college and the state that is basically bankrupt because it give out so many handouts. It is also a "sanctuary" state. What a joke.

Also dont forget we are all just racists if we disagree with him
Old 02-07-2018, 11:05 AM   #31
chezball

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
You know he'll dismiss it because it's fox news.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:50 AM   #32
Astros19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post

I have no argument with your statement concerning a whole bunch of legals not worth a nickel, but that's not what this post is about.
As someone who's had to deal with having their identity stolen, I completely disagree with everything else you stated.
Perhaps you need to go through the crap I went through to see things in a different light.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2018, 05:01 PM   #33
jdandns

I'd have been on this a little quicker, but I actually had to go to work, like millions of other Californians, a function of our robust economy, which actually pays the bill for a whole lot of "taker" states, i.e., the ones that receive far more money from the nation's coffers than they provide. The Golden State is currently the 6th largest economy in the world, and should quickly surpass the UK for 5th as soon as the Brexit is complete. As California goes, so goes the U.S economy. You're welcome, rest of America, but especially you, Kansas and Mississippi.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-mos...vernment/2700/

The Fox News story is a credible enough source, although the exact numbers of how many of the automobile related deaths should be apportioned to each group (citizens vs. non-citizens) is nebulous at best, so any conclusions drawn from them, particularly bellicose ones, are suspect in their motivation.
That said, you could deport every non-US born person, and that wouldn't stop these preventable tragedies, like the kind that killed Edwin Jackson and his Uber driver Jeffrey Monroe. We Americans are responsible for enough of them that they can't be used (in good faith) like the bludgeon some are trying to here against a group of people, the vast majority of whom do not drink and drive.

http://www.politifact.com/california...ess-likely-co/

As for California being a sanctuary state, interested parties should read up on how some of our great cities got their names, namely the ones that begin with "San". When founded, they were literal sanctuaries. I'm sure many here are sympathetic to individual States' exerting their sovereign right to protect their heritage in the face of outside regulation statewide voters find to be onerous. Plenty of people have used that same argument to defend statues kept in public squares of traitors who fought against the United States in support of slavery. At least now they can make the States' Rights argument on California's behalf and be on the correct side of history for once. We thank those who do for their support.

Last edited by jdandns; 02-07-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:10 PM   #34
pingbling23

Your great state also sucks up 1/6 of our nations welfare. Roughly 100 billion out of 600 billion.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:24 PM   #35
jdandns

Thanks for that, but we still give more than we get.
What state are you from?
Old 02-07-2018, 05:40 PM   #36
pingbling23

With the highest population and some of the highest taxes that's not a surprise. I live in Tennessee.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:36 PM   #37
Astros19

Nancy Pelosi/case closed.

Old 02-07-2018, 11:44 PM   #38
Ray27Ray52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astros19 View Post

That hag spent 8 hours bloviating on illegal immigrants. And taxpayers pay her salary. America, what a country.

If we're lucky she'll break a hip soon and get put in a home where she belongs.
I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm...I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired...I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind..I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:28 AM   #39
jdandns

Luck doesn't work that way.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:09 AM   #40
Brafcauknid

I'll just throw in my quick thoughts. I have a sister in law who went through about 3 years of grief to come here legally, but did so. She now works her butt off supporting herself, with no public assistance, since my brother passed a few years ago.
Then on the other hand, you can drive down to Walmart, watch the illegals get out of their brand new expensive trucks, and go in and pay for their groceries with food stamps and wick checks. I was a manager at Walmart in my younger years and witnessed this every single day, so don't tell me its BS.

I have serious problems with this. A welfare state cannot have open borders....IT WILL FAIL.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:21 PM   #41
chezball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astros19 View Post

with a side order of adam schiff.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:27 PM   #42
RossOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
This is not the first case we've seen of an illegal immigrant killing someone, I'm sure you're all aware of many other examples as well. So the question to ask is do you believe the current immigration system is OK? Is the occasional murder; drunk driver; drug dealer; gang banger OK because it serves the greater good of allowing more immigrants into the United States?

I believe the answer is no. I think this issue can be fixed, and I believe that while it won't reduce the number of deaths in this country substantially, it's a necessary step in protecting the rights, and lives of US citizens. I believe it is the duty of any countries government to do that, above all else.
Yes, because you don't reduce an entire group of people down to their worst example. Are we going to expel every member of every particular group after a "bad apple" does something horrible? If so, there'd be nobody left in the country. I don't remember anybody advocating to expel/lockup/kill all white men after Charleston (or Sutherland Springs, or Las Vegas, or Aurora, or...). People of all races and ethnicities commit criminal acts, especially the ones you listed. We'd be more successful in reducing such horrible instances if we worked towards eliminating the root causes of those crimes, which definitely isn't a person's ethnicity or race.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:59 PM   #43
NeedChapmans

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossOK View Post
Yes, because you don't reduce an entire group of people down to their worst example. Are we going to expel every member of every particular group after a "bad apple" does something horrible? If so, there'd be nobody left in the country. I don't remember anybody advocating to expel/lockup/kill all white men after Charleston (or Sutherland Springs, or Las Vegas, or Aurora, or...). People of all races and ethnicities commit criminal acts, especially the ones you listed. We'd be more successful in reducing such horrible instances if we worked towards eliminating the root causes of those crimes, which definitely isn't a person's ethnicity or race.
This is the disconnect. Your statement is illogical.

Instead of focusing on the issue I stated, which was to solely fix the illegal immigration problem, you chose to say "Well look over here, shouldn't we fix this bigger issue?!" You completely disregard the point, and attempt to draw attention away by pointing to something else.

I ask you to focus on the topic of illegal immigration. As I stated earlier, I do not dispute that there are many other issues that need fixing in this country, and that can impact the population much more than this single issue. However, you are unwilling to concede that illegal immigration is a problem. Instead, you lie, and suggest someone like me is looking to ban an entire ethnic group or race; because those are hot button words that mean I'm evil, and you're good.

Illegal immigration is fixable. It's right in front of our faces; and if it reduces the amount of senseless violence and crime, even by a fraction, isn't it worth it?

Or am I suggesting racist things? Everybody allowed in, all the time, let's just call Earth "The United Countries of the World" be done with it.
Ottomatic- "Facts, especially on 99% white Blowout. If I was Blowout I would delete political threads immediately. If an outsider read one they would vomit and then probably try to get the site shut down, it's that bad."
Old 02-08-2018, 08:15 PM   #44
pingbling23

Well stated needchapmans
Old 02-08-2018, 11:23 PM   #45
quackhead

Quote:

Instead of focusing on the issue I stated, which was to solely fix the illegal immigration problem, you chose to say "Well look over here, shouldn't we fix this bigger issue?!" You completely disregard the point, and attempt to draw attention away by pointing to something else.

I ask you to focus on the topic of illegal immigration. As I stated earlier, I do not dispute that there are many other issues that need fixing in this country, and that can impact the population much more than this single issue. However, you are unwilling to concede that illegal immigration is a problem. Instead, you lie, and suggest someone like me is looking to ban an entire ethnic group or race; because those are hot button words that mean I'm evil, and you're good.

Illegal immigration is fixable. It's right in front of our faces; and if it reduces the amount of senseless violence and crime, even by a fraction, isn't it worth it?

Or am I suggesting racist things? Everybody allowed in, all the time, let's just call Earth "The United Countries of the World" be done with it.
What about the Martians? Are you a Martianist?
Old 02-09-2018, 08:55 AM   #46
Orangejello727

Quote:

You are also at a disconnect here. The tragedy here is because of drinking and driving, not illegal immigrant. If you replace drunk illegal immigrant with drunk you man of of any background, color and US citizen, its most likely this ends in a tragedy. If you keep the illegal immigrant but replace the drunk driving with a cigarette, eating too much or drinking too much soda, there probably is no intoxication to the point of incoherency leading to a tragedy. Focus should be on the cause of death. Instead you are focusing the circumstance of specifics of an illegal immigrant. You are doing exactly what you criticize him of doing here.

You are correct that immigration is fixable. But to avoid tragedies like this, its drinking and driving that needs to be fixed. I ask you to focus on the cause of death here (Drunk driving).

Last edited by Orangejello727; 02-09-2018 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:42 AM   #47
NeedChapmans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
You are also at a disconnect here. The tragedy here is because of drinking and driving, not illegal immigrant. If you replace drunk illegal immigrant with drunk you man of of any background, color and US citizen, its most likely this ends in a tragedy. If you keep the illegal immigrant but replace the drunk driving with a cigarette, eating too much or drinking too much soda, there probably is no intoxication to the point of incoherency leading to a tragedy. Focus should be on the cause of death. Instead you are focusing the circumstance of specifics of an illegal immigrant. You are doing exactly what you criticize him of doing here.

You are correct that immigration is fixable. But to avoid tragedies like this, its drinking and driving that needs to be fixed. I ask you to focus on the cause of death here (Drunk driving).
Exactly the same spiel, reworded. You understand you are in the politics section of this website correct? If you don't want to talk politics, there are plenty of other threads you can avoid the topic at hand. If you want to focus solely on the alcohol and Edwin Jackson, without politics, you can do so on this thread ...

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1186639

Why are you in here?
Ottomatic- "Facts, especially on 99% white Blowout. If I was Blowout I would delete political threads immediately. If an outsider read one they would vomit and then probably try to get the site shut down, it's that bad."
Old 02-09-2018, 10:02 AM   #48
jrg1128

If the illegal immigrant who is partaking in the drunk driving is not in the country (because he/she is illegal), then these drunk driving incidents that lead to death never occur. It's quite simple.

Sure, an American or legal immigrant can drive drunk and have a wreck leading to death, which is 100% a problem. But, you also cut down on the number of drunk driving deaths when you fix illegal immigration. Any kind of change is good.

ANY death caused by an illegal immigrant is one too many, and I'm sure most who have experienced this with loved ones would give anything for reform. Because that would mean that the person they lost would probably still be here.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:07 AM   #49
Orangejello727

Quote:
Exactly the same spiel, reworded. You understand you are in the politics section of this website correct? If you don't want to talk politics, there are plenty of other threads you can avoid the topic at hand. If you want to focus solely on the alcohol and Edwin Jackson, without politics, you can do so on this thread ...

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1186639

Why are you in here?
I hate this rhetoric when you get caught in your own hypocrisy, you ask the bail out question "Why are you even in here?" You would have had a point if stats showed that a majority of drinking and driving tragedies were caused by illegal immigrants. Unfortunately you cannot spin stats that way. This is an example of making something out of nothing.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:16 AM   #50
NeedChapmans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I hate this rhetoric when you get caught in your own hypocrisy, you ask the bail out question "Why are you even in here?" You would have had a point if stats showed that a majority of drinking and driving tragedies were caused by illegal immigrants. Unfortunately you cannot spin stats that way. This is an example of making something out of nothing.
But that's not the point, and that's never been my point. You don't want to talk about illegal immigration; you want to discuss drunken driving, and this thread is specifically to discuss illegal immigration, as it relates to the death of Edwin Jackson. You suggesting that illegal immigration is not the cause of his death is ludicrous. Some other guy would have run him over eventually ...

Thousands of deaths annually in this country are caused by non-citizens of this country. Beyond the economical and social aspects of this; we have the ability to curb the number of deaths to citizens of this country by doing our best to shut down illegal immigration. WHY NOT DO IT?

You want to have a discussion on how to stop drunken driving, happy to do that with you in a thread in the OT section. But until you provide me any logical reason not to curb illegal immigration and stop saying "who cares about that, the real problem is drunken driving", there's no discussion to be had.