Blowout Cards Forums
retail mania

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
kencope
Banned

Default MJ 98-99 PMG #/50

Just wanted to show off the new acquisition. Would only really look to move it for a high grade Manning Contenders or something else i couldn't refuse, but I didn't see a "show and tell" here so I thought I'd share it for those that like seeing these:

Last edited by iluvfish2; 09-10-2013 at 05:47 PM. Reason: moved to hobby section
Old 09-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
UD40

Sweet brother...
But why is it still in that flimsy holder?
Old 09-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
kencope
Banned

I put it in there. It was in a screwdown. I store all cards that are not graded in penny sleeves and semi-rigid holders. It's the best way to keep them in my opinion, as it eliminates the chance of corner/edge/surface wear from being in a case and moving around.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
strider_boi

Very nice card. PM me what value you have on it, and what players you are looking for and i'll see if i can come up with a nice package for it.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #5
AlabamaSlamma

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencope View Post
I don't have a particular value in mind. A 1997 PMG red /90 sold for $15K last week.
may want to take a look at the bidding history behind that MJ:

eBay.com Item Bid History

https://610sportscards.smugmug.com/The-Collection
IG: @610sportscards
Old 09-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
kencope
Banned

Thanks, definitely looks like something funny was going on, although I tend not to worry too much about the "shill" bidding conspirators. Looks to me like at least the bid at $13,000 and the bid at $7800 were legit if we wanted to assume the others were not. Either way, again, I have no specific value in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaSlamma View Post

Old 09-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
Jopeal

45/50 solid number.
whats your value on this beast?
Old 09-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #8
KEARYCOLBERT83

Amazing card!
Old 09-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #9
kencope
Banned

Right, it's MJs "other" jersey number, which of course makes it a 1/1

No particular value in mind, as stated above. Just enjoying the card for now, considering grading, and open to discussion of people have what I need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopeal View Post
45/50 solid number.
whats your value on this beast?
Old 09-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #10
SPauthentic84

Quote:
I don't have a particular value in mind. A 1997 PMG red /90 sold for $15K last week. I primarily look for these guys:

Peyton Manning
Andrew Luck
Michael Jordan
Lebron James
Miguel Cabrera
Mike Trout
High End HOFers (Mantle, Ruth, Dimaggio, Williams, etc.)
Thanks for giving a value for a totally different card.

here is something probably a little closer
1998 Metal Universe Precious Metal Gems Michael Jordan PMG 50 1 BGS 8 5 PWCC | eBay
Old 09-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #11
kencope
Banned

You're welcome. You should be careful to note the surface issues on the card you used as an example. How BGS gave it a 9 for surface I have absolutely no idea. I'm sure you'd agree that mine is in much better condition.

An ungraded sold for $8K a little while back on eBay. I was simply sharing the card as a "show and tell", so I'll let all of you guys argue about value. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPauthentic84 View Post
Thanks for giving a value for a totally different card.

here is something probably a little closer
1998 Metal Universe Precious Metal Gems Michael Jordan PMG 50 1 BGS 8 5 PWCC | eBay
Old 09-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #12
SPauthentic84

Quote:
You're welcome. You should be careful to note the surface issues on the card you used as an example. How BGS gave it a 9 for surface I have absolutely no idea. I'm sure you'd agree that mine is in much better condition.

An ungraded sold for $8K a little while back on eBay. I was simply sharing the card as a "show and tell", so I'll let all of you guys argue about value. Thanks!
8.5 is a pretty good grade for such a sensitive card. PWCC usually brings large premiums for his auctions.

Its cool, Im sure people wouldnt be "arguing" over value if you didnt put this in the BST section if you just didnt want to "show and tell"
Old 09-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #13
kencope
Banned

The "Gallery/Mail Days" section is now closed. I didn't know of a better place to put it. Thanks for your valuable input. Take care.

Quote:
8.5 is a pretty good grade for such a sensitive card. PWCC usually brings large premiums for his auctions.

Its cool, Im sure people wouldnt be "arguing" over value if you didnt put this in the BST section if you just didnt want to "show and tell"
Old 09-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #14
SPauthentic84

Quote:
The "Gallery/Mail Days" section is now closed. I didn't know of a better place to put it. Thanks for your valuable input. Take care.
BASKETBALL - Blowout Cards Forums
Old 09-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #15
coureymarshall

Ken, another AWESOME card as usual... You always have the coolest stuff!

I love insert cards like these from the late 1990's.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #16
kencope
Banned

I read this and made a judgment call:

"We are going to close this section. Slowly, we will move these threads back into their respective sports forums. From this point on, please post in the forum that is most appropriate."

Again, thanks for your time and take care.

Quote:
Hey Courey - I messaged you on eBay. Hit me up on that Manning Gold! -Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by coureymarshall View Post
Ken, another AWESOME card as usual... You always have the coolest stuff!

I love insert cards like these from the late 1990's.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #17
Orangejello727

Quote:

That card in PWCC auction is pure garbage. Its got enough surface damage to be BGS 3. I have no clue how it got a 9 for surface. Definitely played a huge role in that card selling for so low.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #18
CubKings

Beautiful Jordan, man!

https://sportscardalbum.com/u/cublife
Old 09-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #19
Exquisite Man

Nice card probably worth 6-8 k.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #20
JMarchand1981

Great card man!
Old 09-10-2013, 09:52 PM   #21
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaSlamma View Post

The only legit bids on that auction are the 99 cent one, and the $100.... And maybe even the $100 is a shill bid(friend bidding, or the seller's other accounts). Smh

Funny how hard they're trying to MAKE a $200 card sell for THOUSANDS..... Lol! Who they trying to fool? Don't they know by now that most people know? Smh

These cards will never be worth anywhere near that.... Just give it up. You're not going to get rich off this scheme. People are well aware these days. Thank goodness for forums!

Nice shinny card op, looks cool. But don't be fooled by the shilled auctions/"sales"
Old 09-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #22
kencope
Banned

Gotta love Blowout. Thanks for your opinion. Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
The only legit bids on that auction are the 99 cent one, and the $100.... And maybe even the $100 is a shill bid(friend bidding, or the seller's other accounts). Smh

Funny how hard they're trying to MAKE a $200 card sell for THOUSANDS..... Lol! Who they trying to fool? Don't they know by now that most people know? Smh

These cards will never be worth anywhere near that.... Just give it up. You're not going to get rich off this scheme. People are well aware these days. Thank goodness for forums!

Nice shinny card op, looks cool. But don't be fooled by the shilled auctions/"sales"
Old 09-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #23
1eyed_jack
Banned

Quote:

I agree. I mean, what's next, telling people you have a $6,000 offer on a card on ebay, then listing it via straight auction and pulling the auction with under a day left and the bidding at only a few hundred?

What's this crazy world coming to!
Old 09-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #24
karlsta26

Quote:

Got one for sale Gio?
If so I'll grab it...
Old 09-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #25
strider_boi

Quote:

I'll buy every single one you have for $400 and i'll even fly there to pick them up.
Closed Thread