Blowout Cards Forums
April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2008, 04:30 PM   #1
jacobbigshow

Default Poor economy what should I buy?

With the economy the way it is, and must stuff selling at like 50% off what should I buy? I say 50% cause if you look at some of the Sterling stuff that was selling for 2K 2 months ago, I am seeing it sell for 1K. As well anybody who invested in the CT partial share marketplace and saw those cards sell at like 40% what we got them for now is the time to buy.

I am thinking of buying vintage PSA graded cards like Mantle, Williams, etc. I am sure if you buy something today and wait for 2 years you will probably see a 50-100% gain in your investment. Anybody else have any good ideas? I am hesitant on holding onto wax or young rookies cause you never know what will happen with them.

As well if anybody knows of a particular card I should buy or a particular set any comments would help. I am getting a little uneasy feeling about 2008 Sterling since I don't think people will be willing to spend $200 on 1 card anymore.

Suggestions so far:
1954 Topps Hank Aaron
1951 Bowman Willie Mays
1952 Topps Willie Mays
1948 Stan Musial
Muhammad Ali Auto
1948 leaf jackie robinson

Last edited by jacobbigshow; 11-26-2008 at 11:45 PM.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote