Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 04-10-2024, 08:19 PM   #24126
rdixon1208

Quick question for the group:

When submitting cards for eBay auction, the site says "Suitable for single trading cards valued more than $50", but I see lots and lots of cards being auctioned that are no where near that.

Do you think they mean suitable because of the $3.50 minimum fee, or is there some minimum value rule that's just not being enforced?
rdixon1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 05:17 AM   #24127
mc1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdixon1208 View Post

When submitting cards for eBay auction, the site says "Suitable for single trading cards valued more than $50", but I see lots and lots of cards being auctioned that are no where near that.

Do you think they mean suitable because of the $3.50 minimum fee, or is there some minimum value rule that's just not being enforced?
Its just a recommendation.
Old 04-11-2024, 11:46 AM   #24128
duwal

has anyone ever submitted a regular base or insert card (ungraded) to COMC and when trying to price it you get a message saying 'This item must be graded or authenticated before listing for sale, Contact Support'?
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 12:05 PM   #24129
JunkWaxTwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
has anyone ever submitted a regular base or insert card (ungraded) to COMC and when trying to price it you get a message saying 'This item must be graded or authenticated before listing for sale, Contact Support'?
Possibly family friendly issue? Support should be able to determine that.

Staff@comc.com
JunkWaxTwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 12:17 PM   #24130
mjohnatgt

Could be counterfeit or has an auto that is not certified by a reliable entity you need to show us the scan to be able to weigh in properly.
Old 04-11-2024, 12:42 PM   #24131
Sonnys88

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
Yes, COMC has a list of certain sets / issues that need to be graded or authenticated in order to sell on COMC.
Sonnys88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 01:58 PM   #24132
UCCF

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdixon1208 View Post

No minimum value. I've done several hundred auctions through COMC, and I do think it's the fees that make this a recommendation. Unless you're dying to get rid of a $10 card, don't auction it.
Old 04-11-2024, 02:34 PM   #24133
RealDocStrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnys88 View Post
Yes, COMC has a list of certain sets / issues that need to be graded or authenticated in order to sell on COMC.

As an example - desert shield 1991s. I sent a few true commons that are now just permanently stuck in that category. Not worth grading and not worth shipping home.

Funny thing is a few of my batch did get listed without the flag. Maybe three out of 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RealDocStrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 02:44 PM   #24134
boxbuster7

nvmd...thanks junkwaxtwins for the assist

Last edited by boxbuster7; 04-12-2024 at 03:47 PM.
boxbuster7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 11:08 PM   #24135
checkoutmydeals

As an example - desert shield 1991s. I sent a few true commons that are now just permanently stuck in that category. Not worth grading and not worth shipping home.

Funny thing is a few of my batch did get listed without the flag. Maybe three out of 12.

I've been hampered by this as well. I think it started when they started submitting cards to CGC. Somewhere there's a specific list of cards which CGC doesn't grade, and that this somehow translated into a list of cards COMC won't accept anymore.

There are plenty of examples from some of these sets which appear to be grandfathered into the system. They'll still sell the ones on the site, but they won't take new ones unless they're "authenticated".
checkoutmydeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 07:08 AM   #24136
mjohnatgt

https://blog.comc.com/comc-supported-trading-cards/

It's been on longer than when they were grading. I've helped recommend commonly faked cards to be added to the list. Scroll down to "Must be Graded to be Listed on COMC:" section.

Of course with all the fakes on etsy, they should make it even more restrictive.
Example: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=348256

Last edited by mjohnatgt; 04-13-2024 at 07:10 AM.
mjohnatgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 03:46 PM   #24137
xbignick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Thank you for contacting us! We appreciate your anticipation for the card's return. The provided turnaround times are estimates stated in business days and are not guaranteed completion times.

Please note, that an additional 1-2 weeks may also need to be factored into this timeframe to account for travel between our facility and the grader. We do our best to work within the estimated timeframe with the grader and to get the card returned into your account as swiftly as possible.
Just got mine so guessing some will be popping up.

Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM   #24138
boxbuster7

^ sweet - if anybody needs a good laugh tonight

https://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball/...9/Graded/PSA/9