Blowout Cards Forums
blowout specials

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 10-19-2017, 12:57 PM   #2576
OLDPAPER

Have had about 30% of my submission hit about 4 weeks before the due date...NICE START.

I love it when I price cards and the offers start rolling in immediately
Old 10-19-2017, 02:17 PM   #2577
Swipe79

Yep.

They add it in automatically on eBay - it's also added automatically on COMC if you are in basic mode.

The additional .25 on eBay is paying for the Economy rushed shipping rate - which would also cost you an additional .25 per card on COMC.

Really the advantage is being able to hold cards and ship them all at once. You have the cheaper $3.99 flat rate shipping option and you can get the $5 per 100 cards shipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldz View Post
on ebay i'm pretty sure they add in the 0.25 cents twice. Items are listed on eBay as if you were in basic mode (0.25 included) and then with expedited shipping (+0.25 again)

So i guess what i meant to say was that on COMC you had the option of saving that second 0.25 if you're not in a hurry and don't want them out that week.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:47 PM   #2578
checkoutmydeals

The advantage to COMC is that you can accumulate hundreds or thousands of cards and ship them all at that flat rate. They also pay you back $5.00 for every 100 cards you ship each month.

Several other advantages:

* You can make offers. COMC sellers take a 20% hit on eBay / Amazon sales, so many sellers either have their accounts set to auto-accept 20% off, or they will often manually accept an offer for 20% off.

* If someone is having a sale, you can get the sale price on COMC, but the price will be unchanged when the item is cross posted to eBay / Amazon

* You can try to flip the cards before taking physical delivery. Like, if you purchase something for $1, but you don't really need it, you might list it for $1.50 or $2. If it sells, great. If not, you can get it shipped.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:42 PM   #2579
Budler

[QUOTE=checkoutmydeals;12863465]The advantage to COMC is that you can accumulate hundreds or thousands of cards and ship them all at that flat rate. They also pay you back $5.00 for every 100 cards you ship each month.

This is the main reason I buy from COMC. Being able to buy one now and wait maybe weeks for another good deal before shipping is great.

I had an issue with a card I purchased. Sent e-mail late one day and got an e-mail back about 36 hour later. "Sorry this is late, We have several customer service people out sick" Joe was real nice and problem solve in one e-mail. We exchanged several other e-mails as I give him my 2 cent worth on things at COMC. He was real nice all the time.

Reading between the lines from e-mails and phone calls that I have had with COMC this last year. It take it they are not really interested in the cheap cards (under 1.00).
Old 10-20-2017, 04:04 PM   #2580
Cliffroach

[QUOTE=Budler;12864595]
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
The advantage to COMC is that you can accumulate hundreds or thousands of cards and ship them all at that flat rate. They also pay you back $5.00 for every 100 cards you ship each month.

This is the main reason I buy from COMC. Being able to buy one now and wait maybe weeks for another good deal before shipping is great.

I had an issue with a card I purchased. Sent e-mail late one day and got an e-mail back about 36 hour later. "Sorry this is late, We have several customer service people out sick" Joe was real nice and problem solve in one e-mail. We exchanged several other e-mails as I give him my 2 cent worth on things at COMC. He was real nice all the time.

Reading between the lines from e-mails and phone calls that I have had with COMC this last year. It take it they are not really interested in the cheap cards (under 1.00).
The under a $1 is what’s nice, in my limited time experience, about COMC. At least as a buyer. I just bought a bunch of cards to help with some sets and I would guess 75% of them were a $1 or less.
Cliffroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:16 PM   #2581
Budler

[QUOTE=Cliffroach;12865335]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budler View Post

The under a $1 is what’s nice, in my limited time experience, about COMC. At least as a buyer. I just bought a bunch of cards to help with some sets and I would guess 75% of them were a $1 or less.
That is the second reason I buy COMC.

Yes there is a lot of cards priced very low but if you look what there are. You understand why (because I have them). It slimes like when I buy a card then everyone lowers their prices on that card. I have purchased over 1500 cards over 7 years and most have been under 1.00. I guess I have purchased all the cheap ones. Now they are 1.00 to 1.50. on sale they are .85. I'm making lowball offers and jumping on any thing I need if it is under .60 now. Have been getting cards at .35 to .50.

Long gone are the good old days.

PS I'm only talking about cards for my PC.
Old 10-21-2017, 04:06 PM   #2582
pfb11

Anyone else having trouble getting their images to load the past 2-3 days?
Old 10-21-2017, 05:20 PM   #2583
crimedawg47

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb11 View Post
Anyone else having trouble getting their images to load the past 2-3 days?
Ya goes in and out

Henderson Auto PC Stats: Non 1/1's Autos: 187/202 92.6% 1/1's: 19/37 51.4% Jersey #'d - 61
crimedawg47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM   #2584
donaldz

Man, I just repriced a handful of cards accidentally at 20 cents. That sucks. Great example of how designing systems is important.

The idea of warnings on COMC is great when pricing things. But, if you make every card have a warning, then people pricing more than a few hundred cards will just ignore them. Anyone who's ever priced hockey cards at 0.05 definitely knows this one. Those upper deck cards that you can automatically transfer have silly SRPs for some reason... so you get warnings on every single card.

I have no idea why i decided to sort by recently acquired rather than highest acquisition price while repricing, but I did and it's balls.

There's nothing I can do now, but it just seems like something they should get on. I don't know if they have a different algorithm for UD cards because of their relationship or what, but getting warnings on 100% of the hockey cards you price completely negates the concept of a warning.
donaldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM   #2585
mjohnatgt

It's because their SRP is set off the first 5 cards that get sold. So if the first 5 average to be $1.5, that's the SRP. So when there are now 78 on site starting at a nickel, they still warn you.
Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM   #2586
JustMoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
It's because their SRP is set off the first 5 cards that get sold. So if the first 5 average to be $1.5, that's the SRP. So when there are now 78 on site starting at a nickel, they still warn you.
I thought they needed 5 cards to be sold *and* shipped from COMC before a card qualified for a SRP, and if more cards were sold *and* shipped than the SRP would change, based on the new data...but, I left a few years ago and COMC still won't return my emails, so who knows?
Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM   #2587
donaldz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
Oh, that's interesting. Upper Deck cards are really bad and I just assumed that they didn't want to list a bunch of cards from their partnership at 0.05. I probably wouldn't be happy to spend 100 dollars on a box of cards and see a "suggested price" of like 45 cents.

Thanks for the clarity.
Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM   #2588
mjohnatgt

The last email I got from them made me think they've stopped supporting the SRP with tweaks. Although you can still purchase subscriptions to view it.
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM   #2589
checkoutmydeals

You can only see SRP on items where you submitted the item, or if you subscribe to SRP. People who pay $50 a month to upgrade their account get SRP. People who don't pay $50 a month can pay $100 per year to access SRP.

The SRP is a suggested price that a retail seller in a brick and mortar setting might consider pricing the item at. It's kind of like "High Beckett". It's a fanciful amount of money which no human being has ever paid for the card. Unless that human being is the player's grandmother and she is shopping in Beverly Hills.

The idea is that sellers will offer their items for 50% or 75% off "Book Value", so "Book Value" can't actually be a real price.

Suggested List Price is supposed to be the amount you could list the card for on COMC. But it's really just a percentage of SRP, and it also seems to think that sellers will offer items for 50% or 75% off of SRP.

Suggested Wholesale Price seems to be either the actual amount of the most recent sale, or maybe an average / median of several recent sales. So, if a flipper buys a card for 10 cents, the SWP is 10 cents, even if the SRP is $10. Then if he sells the item for 25 cents, the SWP becomes 25 cents, usually after a delay of several hours to several days.

If you try to list an item for 20% or less of SRP, you will get a "Are you sure you want to charge so little for this item?" type message.

As others have mentioned, an item doesn't get an SRP until 5 copies have sold and been shipped. So, even if you don't have SRP, and even if SRP is wildly inaccurate, the fact that an item has "Get SRP" in the SRP column instead of N/A often means that the card has been sold to retail buyers multiple times in the past.
Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM   #2590
donaldz

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
You can only see SRP on items where you submitted the item, or if you subscribe to SRP. People who pay $50 a month to upgrade their account get SRP. People who don't pay $50 a month can pay $100 per year to access SRP.

The SRP is a suggested price that a retail seller in a brick and mortar setting might consider pricing the item at. It's kind of like "High Beckett". It's a fanciful amount of money which no human being has ever paid for the card. Unless that human being is the player's grandmother and she is shopping in Beverly Hills.

The idea is that sellers will offer their items for 50% or 75% off "Book Value", so "Book Value" can't actually be a real price.

Suggested List Price is supposed to be the amount you could list the card for on COMC. But it's really just a percentage of SRP, and it also seems to think that sellers will offer items for 50% or 75% off of SRP.

Suggested Wholesale Price seems to be either the actual amount of the most recent sale, or maybe an average / median of several recent sales. So, if a flipper buys a card for 10 cents, the SWP is 10 cents, even if the SRP is $10. Then if he sells the item for 25 cents, the SWP becomes 25 cents, usually after a delay of several hours to several days.

If you try to list an item for 20% or less of SRP, you will get a "Are you sure you want to charge so little for this item?" type message.

As others have mentioned, an item doesn't get an SRP until 5 copies have sold and been shipped. So, even if you don't have SRP, and even if SRP is wildly inaccurate, the fact that an item has "Get SRP" in the SRP column instead of N/A often means that the card has been sold to retail buyers multiple times in the past.
Thanks!

I just find the warning so incredibly stupid the way it's currently implemented. If you get a warning on every card, it's not really a warning. I wish I could turn it off and only have the "You are listing this for less than you paid" warning because those are the ones I actually care about.

It also makes bulk changing prices take forever. Rather than just copy/paste + enter, you have to do that, and then wait 0.5 seconds and then hit enter again. It basically doubles the time.

It's not the end of the world, I'll live selling a couple 3.00 cards for 20 cents.

It was only made worse by the fact that half the images didn't load last night and I'd been hitting ctrl+v, enter, enter repeatedly.