Blowout Cards Forums
2018 coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 03-01-2017, 10:05 AM   #1
Tyler9755

Default I'm faced with a decision on whether to continue my Troy Daniels PC or not.

Just disregard this.
I only collect current Suns, exceptions are Steve Nash and Gerald Green. I also collect Quincy Acy, E'twaun Moore, Troy Daniels, and Julyan Stone, with Julyan Stone being my main PC. If you have any cards of these players pm me.

Last edited by Tyler9755; 03-01-2017 at 03:13 PM.
Tyler9755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:13 AM   #2
SteveO21

I mean no disrespect with this question; How old are you?
SteveO21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:14 AM   #3
sportzluvr1

Wait, what? What did he say?
Old 03-01-2017, 10:29 AM   #4
SteveO21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzluvr1 View Post
Wait, what? What did he say?
Looked to me like he said "BAN, FOH".

Urban Dictionary: ban

Urban Dictionary: FOH
Old 03-01-2017, 10:37 AM   #5
sportzluvr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO21 View Post
Looked to me like he said "BAN, FOH".

Urban Dictionary: ban

Urban Dictionary: FOH
Ohhh.

In that case, dont worry OP. If anything this may've earned him some cred in the locker room and he will gain more tick from it. Could be a blessing in disguise for your PC.

Side point: in a world where we already take letters off words to make it easier(?) to say, do we really need to make acronyms for 3-word phrases? Is it a laziness thing?

Kthxbye
Old 03-01-2017, 10:39 AM   #6
IronMonkey415

I read his lips and it was the F Word.

He said "Get the **** outta here"

🙈 - 🙉 - 🙊
Bound by blood. Divided by fate. Driven by destiny
IronMonkey415 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:39 AM   #7
SteveO21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzluvr1 View Post
Ohhh.

In that case, dont worry OP. If anything this may've earned him some cred in the locker room and he will gain more tick from it. Could be a blessing in disguise for your PC.

Side point: in a world where we already take letters off words to make it easier(?) to say, do we really need to make acronyms for 3-word phrases? Is it a laziness thing?

Kthxbye
It's the world that twitter has created. When you've only got 140 character to express a thought, you have to keep things short.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:02 AM   #8
Tyler9755

I watched his mouth and based on what I saw and read, he was basically physically taunting Booker. There's this one comment on the video that confirmed what I saw. I'll copy paste what it said and add it in the OP.
I only collect current Suns, exceptions are Steve Nash and Gerald Green. I also collect Quincy Acy, E'twaun Moore, Troy Daniels, and Julyan Stone, with Julyan Stone being my main PC. If you have any cards of these players pm me.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:08 AM   #9
Zacy87

You would stop collecting a player because he used foul language and swore at another player? I consider collectiong pokemon cards if that's the case. Most professional athletes have used words similar those...
Zacy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:34 AM   #10
volblorx8634

I'm not sure whether OP's issue is language itself or the fact that Daniels directed that language at a suns player (since he's a Suns fan). Either way, I can understand why an occurrence like this would make him not want to collect him anymore. I don't know that this is the case, but let's assume (hypothetically speaking) that OP has lost respect for Daniels because of his targeting these words at another person. I mean, obviously every player uses this sort of language, but it's one thing to use that language and another thing to attack other players with it. I know I certainly wouldn't want to collect a player I don't respect or has values explicitly opposed to mine. Not that there's anything wrong with a player like that, but I could understand not wanting to spend money to build a collection of said player.

Again, I'm not sure exactly the issue OP has with what Daniels did, but I could see it.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:40 AM   #11
the27guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by volblorx8634 View Post
I'm not sure whether OP's issue is language itself or the fact that Daniels directed that language at a suns player (since he's a Suns fan). Either way, I can understand why an occurrence like this would make him not want to collect him anymore. I don't know that this is the case, but let's assume (hypothetically speaking) that OP has lost respect for Daniels because of his targeting these words at another person. I mean, obviously every player uses this sort of language, but it's one thing to use that language and another thing to attack other players with it. I know I certainly wouldn't want to collect a player I don't respect or has values explicitly opposed to mine. Not that there's anything wrong with a player like that, but I could understand not wanting to spend money to build a collection of said player.

Again, I'm not sure exactly the issue OP has with what Daniels did, but I could see it.
Ditto all of this. Unsure if it was because of the language or because of who it's directed to. But OP, you're going to have to figure it out yourself.

I suspect it's because the language was attacking a Suns player. I use to love Durant.... then Durant had a few really bad moments against my Jazz.... it made me question that collection. So I get that.
the27guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:34 PM   #12
Tyler9755

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacy87 View Post
You would stop collecting a player because he used foul language and swore at another player? I consider collectiong pokemon cards if that's the case. Most professional athletes have used words similar those...
Yea, it wasn't what he said, it was who it was directed to. I love Booker so much more than Daniels, that's why it bothers me.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:37 PM   #13
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler9755 View Post
Yea, it wasn't what he said, it was who it was directed to. I love Booker so much more than Daniels, that's why it bothers me.
Then if you "love" Booker so much more and you're truly hurt that Troy Daniels could ever utter something so egregious to him stop collecting Daniels lol.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:54 PM   #14
RandysHobby

LOL? That sh1t talking happens every single game.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157407294@N06/?
RandysHobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:01 PM   #15
LALeakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacy87 View Post

Yup. This.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:03 PM   #16
TVO

I'd throw all his cards in a trash can and set them on fire.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:10 PM   #17
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVO View Post
I'd throw all his cards in a trash can and set them on fire.
Yea, I agree. How dare he say anything to Booker!!!!!
Old 03-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #18
Zacy87

Quote:
You don't think any of Bookers teammates have ever talked sh*t to him? This is a really odd thread.
Zacy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:24 PM   #19
Jin

LOL what is this thread..
at first I thought you meant because you didn't like his use of foul language, which I would understand.

But you're upset because he talked trash to Devin Booker? What are you, his boyfriend?
Are you gonna get rid of cards of any player who hard fouls or talks trash to D Book from now on?

If anything this would make me want to collect Troy Daniels more.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:30 PM   #20
Tyler9755

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin View Post
LOL what is this thread..
at first I thought you meant because you didn't like his use of foul language, which I would understand.

But you're upset because he talked trash to Devin Booker? What are you, his boyfriend?
Are you gonna get rid of cards of any player who hard fouls or talks trash to D Book from now on?

If anything this would make me want to collect Troy Daniels more.
You guys aren't getting it. The main point is that they got in a physical altercation, the icing on the cake is what he said.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:37 PM   #21
motu79

This thread seems like a perfect example of today's young generation...
motu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:39 PM   #22
gonzagacubs

I hope for the OPs sake, he never sees or gets a chance to re-watch basketball in the late 80s and 90s.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:41 PM   #23
Tyler9755

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzagacubs View Post
I hope for the OPs sake, he never sees or gets a chance to re-watch basketball in the late 80s and 90s.
Reread the OP. I'm not complaining about the trash talking. If people would read the whole post they'd understand that.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:42 PM   #24
Tyler9755

Quote:
Originally Posted by motu79 View Post
This thread seems like a perfect example of today's young generation...
I'm not complaining about the trash talking. People need to read the whole thing before leaving a comment.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:44 PM   #25
gonzagacubs

Quote:
Reread the OP. I'm not complaining about the trash talking. If people would read the whole post they'd understand that.
Physical altercations are part of the game. It was way more prevalent back then than it is now. If you are offended by it, I strongly suggest watching gymnastics competitions instead.