Blowout Cards Forums
Hot List

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 12:28 AM   #3501
TheFrenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEBEER View Post
So hiring someone with a particular skin color is more important than their criminal history? Drug use? Pathetic.
If that "crime" is minor, in the distant past, and voluntarily reported....

....then yes. Absolutely yes. If you read the report it makes sense.
Old 11-05-2016, 11:55 AM   #3502
ILOVEBEER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
If that "crime" is minor, in the distant past, and voluntarily reported....

....then yes. Absolutely yes. If you read the report it makes sense.
If it just mentioned minor crimes committed in the past, I'd agree. I keep reading it and my understanding is that even if the crime or drug use was recent, it should be overlooked, no matter what the crime is. Should a person with several theft convictions be a cop?
Old 11-05-2016, 10:49 PM   #3503
TheFrenzy

Looks like America has a new serial killer: Todd Kohlhepp
Old 11-07-2016, 04:13 AM   #3504
jstephens24

shouting "oink oink bang bang" will get a lot of respect from officers

At least 1 arrested during Black Lives Matter, Anonymous protests downtown - Houston Chronicle
Old 11-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #3505
TheFrenzy

Controversy? Here ya go:

Old 11-08-2016, 01:49 PM   #3506
atoaz12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
Controversy? Here ya go:

Wow. That's intense.
“Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.” ― Rick Warren
Old 11-10-2016, 11:06 AM   #3507
Nicnac

US election: A rash of racist attacks have broken out in the US after Donald Trump's victory — Quartz
Old 11-10-2016, 11:14 AM   #3508
Firerunner4

Yes, because Shaun King is a reliable source......
Old 11-10-2016, 11:15 AM   #3509
Brobocop

Cowards, all of them. Attacking people who cannot defend themselves. Doing things behind closed doors and not owning their hateful and disgusting acts. Using a political party as a cover for their stupid and ignorant beliefs.

Just like all Muslims aren't terrorists, not all Trump supporters are racists. I would love to see Trump come out and personally demonize crap like this. I would love to see Trump supporters go on social media and protest actions their so-called brethren take. Will we, time will tell. We are only 36 hours into President-elect Trump.

Don't know what to make of Trump but I did not vote for him. I will never forget about what he said about the LGBTQ people in this country when he accepted the nomination;

"As your president, I will do everything in my power to protect our LGBTQ citizens from the violence and oppression of a hateful foreign ideology."

Not perfect, and far from openly accepting, but also far from the hate speech people think he has directed at the LGBTQ people.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:25 AM   #3510
HBMC

Quartz, NowThis, Vox, The New Yorker, The Atlantic, etc, etc, need to get off of their perfumed butts and out of their enclaves and actually go to the parts of the country that voted for Trump instead of digging for comments online or using a small percentage of his vocal supporters to validate their POV. I don't know anyone who voted for Trump who is legitimately a White Supremacist or racist, and I am in a really red part of the country. I've encountered Skinheads and real racists before, they're not that common.

I have witnessed enough pukish comments in my own Facebook feed that seem like they're not only coming from fake accounts, but from people who aren't even English speakers, let alone American voters. So the idea that every single comment online is somehow indicative of a huge wave of white nationalists in America actually having that much pull is ridiculous. They're about as relevant as Westboro Baptist Church. If they do spring up worse than I think and I'm completely wrong, I will have the backs of folks who are threatened and I am a proficient shot.

I have more concern about the fringes that do support Trump for Trump's sake, not mine. I've seen to many threats about "making sure he keeps his promises".

I am and will continue to be a serious skeptic of everything Trump says or does, but I refuse to be intellectually dishonest.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:28 PM   #3511
Burks

Hahahaha there are colleges canceling classes because students are too sad to go to class.

This is your future America. My generation is full of a bunch of p*ssies.

$100 reward for the 2012 Leaf Memories Red 1/1 Eric Plunk!
Old 11-10-2016, 02:45 PM   #3512
sportzluvr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firerunner4 View Post
Yes, because Shaun King is a reliable source......
He's correct about the racism-- but it's against white people. I've never heard people talking freely and enthusiastically about assassinating the President-elect as I've heard probably 5-6 times by African-Americans the past few days. Anybody who voted for Trump and says it openly is called a bigot and sexist.

The thing that makes me the sickest is the lack of black voters in the recent election compared to 2008. Just reinforces the point that the main point in voting for Obama for African-Americans is to have a black man as President. Sad.
Old 11-10-2016, 03:42 PM   #3513
duwal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzluvr1 View Post
He's correct about the racism-- but it's against white people. I've never heard people talking freely and enthusiastically about assassinating the President-elect as I've heard probably 5-6 times by African-Americans the past few days. Anybody who voted for Trump and says it openly is called a bigot and sexist.

The thing that makes me the sickest is the lack of black voters in the recent election compared to 2008. Just reinforces the point that the main point in voting for Obama for African-Americans is to have a black man as President. Sad.

Or it could be the fact that they saw that none of the possible candidates were looking at their interests and needs this time around
Old 11-10-2016, 04:56 PM   #3514
cruiserdaddy7

TENSING MURDER TRIAL VERDICT COMING.....

Could be an interesting night in Cincinnati. Stay tuned..
Old 11-10-2016, 05:02 PM   #3515
Clarka3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
TENSING MURDER TRIAL VERDICT COMING.....

Could be an interesting night in Cincinnati. Stay tuned..
was just about to post this as well.

i came to town in 02 right after the last race riot ended. we'll see what happens this time.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:09 PM   #3516
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
was just about to post this as well.

i came to town in 02 right after the last race riot ended. we'll see what happens this time.
False alarm. Another question from jurors
Old 11-10-2016, 05:17 PM   #3517
Clarka3

Quote:
False alarm. Another question from jurors
it probably won't be a murder charge. if that were going to be the sentence, i think it would have come back already.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:03 PM   #3518
Firerunner4

Donald Trump: School Closing Panicking Is the Reason Trump Won | National Review
Old 11-10-2016, 06:04 PM   #3519
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
it probably won't be a murder charge. if that were going to be the sentence, i think it would have come back already.
I agree with you. Manslaughter best chance for Deters. Otherwise, Deters will look like a major fool.

Tensing should never wear a badge ever again, regardless of the outcome.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:02 PM   #3520
Clarka3

Quote:
I agree with you. Manslaughter best chance for Deters. Otherwise, Deters will look like a major fool.

Tensing should never wear a badge ever again, regardless of the outcome.
looks like the jury didn't deliver today and broke for the evening.

now, there is supposedly history of him using excessive or unnecessary force on minorities before, so I wonder how much this was pushed during the trial?

Old 11-10-2016, 07:34 PM   #3521
Nicnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burks View Post
Hahahaha there are colleges canceling classes because students are too sad to go to class.

Many people are deathly afraid. And judging from the random harassment and all the way up to being assaulted that have already happened nationwide since Election Day, they were right to be.

My friend's little boy was told in school the day before voting that "when Trump wins, you better leave the country"
Old 11-10-2016, 07:37 PM   #3522
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Many people are deathly afraid. And judging from the random harassment and all the way up to being assaulted that have already happened nationwide since Election Day, they were right to be.

My friend's little boy was told in school the day before voting that "when Trump wins, you better leave the country"
There are A-holes everywhere no matter what color they are. Just saw a video of a group of people beating up a man because they feel he voted trump. What the hell is wrong with people?
Old 11-10-2016, 08:49 PM   #3523
tacoma34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
There are A-holes everywhere no matter what color they are. Just saw a video of a group of people beating up a man because they feel he voted trump. What the hell is wrong with people?
Old 11-10-2016, 09:10 PM   #3524
37Jetson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burks View Post

At my daughter's college she has had a couple of professors in tears over the election results. Hopefully, America can get the excess drama out of its system so we can move forward.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:47 PM   #3525
Tzvih123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma34 View Post
The beating resulted from a traffic altercation, not politics.

'Black Mob' Beats White Man for Voting Trump? : snopes.com

Interested in 2014 Topps Update All-Star Stitches cards. LMK if you have any available.
Closed Thread