AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

Notices

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

Old 08-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #101
clarkzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukastar View Post
it said "forward time exp". I sent it to the normal addy, i'm not sure what happened.
Send to the PO Box
clarkzac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #102
rukastar

in preparation for the trenton thunder game on monday, I went out to cvs today to make some prints:
8x10 Mason Williams
4x6 Nik Turley
4x6 Ramon Flores
4x6 Ben Gamel

in addition to already having cards for:
2012 Bowman Platinum Gary Sanchez
2012 Leaf Rize Sanchez/Williams Dual
2013 Bowman Chrome Casey Stevenson
2011 Bowman Chrome Jose Pirela

At some point before the season ends, I really need to get Sano on one of those multiple Leaf Rize cards too.

Out of curiosity, is there anything special that needs to be done with glossy photos so the signature will come out nicely? the couch 5x7 i got in portland last week sort of bubbled due to the gloss.

Last edited by rukastar; 08-17-2013 at 11:51 PM.
rukastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #103
rukastar

Got some good ttms today, hoping for some even better ips later on in new britain

Edwin Escobar 4x6 - 6 days
Luke Jackson - 14 days

Escobar is on the Giants 40 man and could possibly see some time at the big league level later this season. Jackson has been doing great in AA since his recent promotion, 15 kos in 3 starts so far! His name came up a little in trade talks with the Cubs for Garza, but I'm glad he wasn't involved.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	get-attachment (5).jpg
Views:	70
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	165102  

Last edited by rukastar; 08-19-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #104
rukastar

For what was potentially my last ip night of the year, it was a good one!

I got williams on the 8x10, Gamel on the 4x6 and Sanchez and Pirela on cards. I might send to turley and stevenson! i missed them tonight.
The last home set is against Reading later in the month but they don't have anyone new really since the last time. I might go again to get Sano though before it's too late!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gawisapi.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	165228  

Last edited by rukastar; 08-19-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:37 PM   #105
Ziveus101

Quote:
For what was potentially my last ip night of the year, it was a good one!

I got williams on the 8x10, Gamel on the 4x6 and Sanchez and Pirela on cards. I might send to turley and stevenson! i missed them tonight.
The last home set is against Reading later in the month but they don't have anyone new really since the last time. I might go again to get Sano though before it's too late!
Awesome IPs man! I've tried getting those 4 via TTMs for a while now and they've all failed lol.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:46 PM   #106
rukastar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziveus101 View Post
Awesome IPs man! I've tried getting those 4 via TTMs for a while now and they've all failed lol.
even gamel?? sorry to hear! he's not ranked yet but I think he easily could be soon enough in terms of prospect-ness.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #107
rukastar

got arnold palmer back today in 28 days sent to florida but postmarked from pennsylvania ??? cool success on 2012 A+G!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	palmer.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	166102  

Last edited by rukastar; 08-24-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #108
rukastar

i've seen some successes from Mark Appel, was hoping today would be the day i'd get mine!! There was only one thing in my mailbox though, the card from Bobby Doerr 6 days since i resent.

Really hope to see the Appel tomorrow
Old 08-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #109
garpike

Good Luck on your Appels!!
Old 08-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #110
rukastar

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpike View Post
Good Luck on your Appels!!
thank you! i have a feeling it will, especially since it's my last day before returning to school!
Old 08-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #111
rukastar

Quote:
thank you! i have a feeling it will, especially since it's my last day before returning to school!
Scratch that, nothing today either I don't know why, but so many times this year I've felt the disappointment of seeing other people get back who I also wrote to, but don't get. Like with Luis Sardinas, Dylan Bundy, Gioskar Amaya, Jose Cisnero, Will Middlebrooks, Jackie Bradley, Adam Eaton, Tommy Joseph, AJ Pierzynski, Martin Perez, Eduardo Rodriguez, and maybe now Mark Appel... maybe I'm just unlucky
Old 08-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #112
garpike

Quote:
Scratch that, nothing today either I don't know why, but so many times this year I've felt the disappointment of seeing other people get back who I also wrote to, but don't get. Like with Luis Sardinas, Dylan Bundy, Gioskar Amaya, Jose Cisnero, Will Middlebrooks, Jackie Bradley, Adam Eaton, Tommy Joseph, AJ Pierzynski, Martin Perez, Eduardo Rodriguez, and maybe now Mark Appel... maybe I'm just unlucky
Oh man...I hope it comes back soon!

Old 08-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #113
Noahkalifungo

Quote:
On the reverse, Giolito and Arcia are two that you've gotten back that I haven't! How you get some good ones back soon.
Noahkalifungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #114
centereacan06

Quote:
It's okay, I didn't get him today, either. Like I said, as a Mets fan, I always expect the worst.
centereacan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #115
mbrown2626

Quote:
Rukastar. Today might be your lucky day. My kids and I go to RoughRider games and they have dups of Sardinas, Odor, Nick Martinez, Ryan Rua, L.Bonilla all on 2013 or 2012 topps pro debut cards. Maybe we can work out a trade of some some sort.

P.S. also have Profar on 2012 Heritage Minors but that will take a lot to get.

Last edited by mbrown2626; 08-28-2013 at 09:14 AM.
mbrown2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #116
rukastar

No Mark Appel today!

But I did get two more, Marcus Stroman (16) and Nick Delmonico (21). Two great additions! I likely won't be sending anymore requests during the regular season, however I will attempt a few during the AFL. I'll include those in this thread albeit having excluded Spring Training 2013. Next year I'll put everything together in one.

Also I might be headed to the final Rock Cats home set this weekend against the R-Phils ~ Figure I should try Sano once more before he's gone! I have that card with him, Soler, and Buxton on it and I'm hoping before next summer I can get all 3, if I get lucky in Spring Training with Soler and in New Britian with Buxton
I know it's still far off, but I'm hoping next Spring Training will be my best ever. I might be able to get the time off from school for closer to 2 weeks instead of my usual 1.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #117
Ziveus101

Nice return with the Stroman.
And good luck during ST .
Old 08-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #118
clarkzac

Quote:
No Mark Appel today!

But I did get two more, Marcus Stroman (16) and Nick Delmonico (21). Two great additions! I likely won't be sending anymore requests during the regular season, however I will attempt a few during the AFL. I'll include those in this thread albeit having excluded Spring Training 2013. Next year I'll put everything together in one.

Also I might be headed to the final Rock Cats home set this weekend against the R-Phils ~ Figure I should try Sano once more before he's gone! I have that card with him, Soler, and Buxton on it and I'm hoping before next summer I can get all 3, if I get lucky in Spring Training with Soler and in New Britian with Buxton
I know it's still far off, but I'm hoping next Spring Training will be my best ever. I might be able to get the time off from school for closer to 2 weeks instead of my usual 1.
Hopefully that means I will be getting a return from Stroman soon too. I sent out to him on the 9th
clarkzac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #119
rukastar

Quote:
Nice return with the Stroman.
And good luck during ST .
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkzac View Post
Hopefully that means I will be getting a return from Stroman soon too. I sent out to him on the 9th
I think you will, good luck!
Old 08-31-2013, 09:14 PM   #120
rukastar

I didn't end up going to NB tonight - (too rainy!) but I will sunday night. I have a small 4x6 I'd like to try to get Rosario on too in addition to the 'RIZE' Sano card.

Also, I've been meaning to send out some more "unique" ttms since I sent to Anna Kournikova. Today I made prints for English celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay and for prominent Mexican striker for UK's Manchester United FC: Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez. Both 4x6, I plan on mailing those requests out on tuesday hopefully If I can get the stamps/IRC before then. Apparently there's some talk online about Chicharito getting traded to another team, I've been a little hesitant about sending out but I might as well sooner or later.

I've been trying to think about who to send to once the MLB season ends, I'm thinking about more retired players and possibly more "celebrities" like Gordon Ramsay. I consider myself quite the amateur chef (I can cook some mean enchiladas!) and to have my favourite chefs Ramsay and Guy Fieri (I saw he signed for another member here over the summer) would be so AWESOME.

Overall still haven't heard back from Appel. I have a feeling once the holiday weekend finishes up by tuesday the mailbox might have a few returns. I've seen on the manager lately that Koji Uehara has been getting back to a few ttmers who wrote roughly around the same time as me, I would love to get the dual takahashi/uehara card back
----------------------------------------------
ALSO: Wanted to mention that since the AFL rosters were announced last week, I've come up with a definitive 24 player list for who I want to send to and what I want to send:

N. Ahmed: card - 2011 Prospect Ticket
D. Alvarez: index card (literally this guy has no pictures online)
N. Arguelles: card - 2010 Bowman chrome
K. Bryant: 4x6: nice college photo i made black and white
A. Chafin: card - 2012 heritage
K. Couch: card - 2012 bowman
K. Crick: card - 2013 bowman platinum
C. Cron: card - 2012 heritage
A. Dickerson: card - 2013 USA Baseball
D. Dietrich: card - 2013 USA Baseball
N. Fontana: card - 2013 USA Baseball
A. Heaney: card - 2012 Bowman
A. Hedges: card - 2012 Bowman
B. Kline: card - 2012 Bowman
C. Moran: 4x6 - another college pic
M. Roth: 4x6 - VERY nice styalized promotional photo from his university days, would look amazing!
A. Sanchez: card - 2013 Pro Debut
R. Shaffer: card - 2013 Pro Debut
M. Skole: card - 2012 Heritage
J. Soler: card - 2013 Bowman Platinum
C. Spangenberg: card - 2011 Bowman Chrome
C. Vaughn: card - 2013 Bowman Chrome
A. Villalona: 4x6 - a picture from his return at San Jose just earlier this summer! nice picture
M. West: card - 2012 bowman

Last edited by rukastar; 09-07-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:33 PM   #121
rukastar

Update for today's game (and my last IP for the season).... no autographs! I waited around after the Rock Cats game in a last attempt to get Sano and Rosario before the season ended, but both didn't come through. Rosario left with his family out the away exit and Sano wedged through the mass of people while wearing an ice pack on his signing hand (conveniently enough...). Sano only stopped to sign a few while sitting in his car but he only got like 2 people closest to him. A little disappointed I couldn't get Sano on my 'RIZE' triple card but I already have him and Rosario once, so I'm not so let down. Besides, there's always that slim chance he'll come back next year

I can't believe this was my last IP game already.. the season went by so quickly! I guess I still have ttm to look forward to before I get my stuff ready for next spring training I'll continue to update this thread with ttm successes until I start mailing out in February when teams arrive to the camps.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:24 AM   #122
Ziveus101

Nice story. My last MiLB game of the season was just two days ago, time really flies by doesn't it?

Sorry to hear about not getting any autographs, but I'm sure you made a bunch of fun memeories this year. And if you're like me, you must be looking forward to next year .
Old 09-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #123
centereacan06

You guys are right. Seems like yesterday I was sending out my first TTMs in Spring Training.

Now we have all off season to stock up on envelopes and stamps for next year lol.
centereacan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:14 AM   #124
rukastar

Quote:
Nice story. My last MiLB game of the season was just two days ago, time really flies by doesn't it?

Sorry to hear about not getting any autographs, but I'm sure you made a bunch of fun memeories this year. And if you're like me, you must be looking forward to next year .
Of course! Buxton, countless other names to perpetually anticipate. This was the first year since I was a kid still basically that I went all out for minor league ip. I used to do it back when I was like 10 but I didn't know anything about how to "do it right". And now, I'm only a year younger than Buxton but there's still so much to look forward to. The memories this year were great, but there's always more memories to be had!

Quote:
Originally Posted by centereacan06 View Post
You guys are right. Seems like yesterday I was sending out my first TTMs in Spring Training.

Now we have all off season to stock up on envelopes and stamps for next year lol.
Absolutely lol. I can't wait
Old 09-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #125
rukastar

Back in July, I had sent a 2011 Topps "Diamond Duos" card of Hisanori Takahashi/Koji Uehara to Hisa at the Rockies affiliate at AAA - which I received back around the middle of last month and proceeded to immediately send to Koji @ Boston. Today only 16 or so days later, the card has returned to me signed nicely in black on Koji's side

So I'll finally show the picture of the completed thing, this was the only ttm I received today after the long weekend. Still praying for Appel !
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	kojitaka.jpg
Views:	1138
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	167981