Blowout Cards Forums
2018 bowman chrome

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 02-13-2018, 09:38 PM   #976
drobfan8

Man, think of all the new hand shakes LeBron has to come up with now.

He's playing incredible tonight. I don't get why he all of a sudden can come to life like this, as soon as he gets the guys he doesn't want traded.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:44 PM   #977
HP7163

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Its been one game. Cavs looked MUCH better, but I am not ready to put them in the finals or even say they'll wipe the floor with anyone right now.

I will say if the Celtics dont get their offense figured out (Tatum/Brown) specifically they probably arent even meeting the Cavs in the ECF.

If they do, and Heyward comes back, its going to be a battle. Even through all their struggles, they're still #2 in defense.
HIGHLY DOUBT Hayward comes back... and if he did minutrs would be super limited/prob not worth risk.. taking non contact jumps shots is way different than an NBA game .

Cant help but this talk of the Cavs all sudden elevating to the finals is way premature ...but they're looking better obv

Also with this current team the Warriors are still better at every position and or equal (Durant - LBJ) and it's not even close IMO . Warriors beat down a Kyrie with Cavs team 4-1 when Kyrie/Love had big games and Lebron had a monster series . What am I missing here ?!??!

Last edited by HP7163; 02-13-2018 at 09:51 PM.
HP7163 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:49 PM   #978
HP7163

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobfan8 View Post

He's playing incredible tonight. I don't get why he all of a sudden can come to life like this, as soon as he gets the guys he doesn't want traded.
Rumor was he quit on the old team so it makes sense now with him re energized ... still it's been 2 games against struggling Celtics, Hawks with a current close
One now

One good thing is guy who was sucking JR Smith has also found life .. dudes balling and I like Rodney hood too getting more minutes as he meshes with the team .. I'm still on the edge in terms of if this team can get to the finals
Old 02-13-2018, 09:58 PM   #979
Brobocop

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP7163 View Post
Rumor was he quit on the old team so it makes sense now with him re energized ... still it's been 2 games against struggling Celtics, Hawks with a current close
One now

One good thing is guy who was sucking JR Smith has also found life .. dudes balling and I like Rodney hood too getting more minutes as he meshes with the team .. I'm still on the edge in terms of if this team can get to the finals
I'm with you. I need to see them for a good month with this lineup before I have a feeling for how they'll do in the playoffs. Either way, this is nice to see them much more energized, hitting shots, making plays, and seemingly getting along. It'll be nice once Kevin Love comes back to see how he will fit in. Hopefully better as there are a lot less egomaniacs on the team now. I was done with IT once the word was out that he was throwing shade at Love. Love played some critical defense in our title game win. Something IT wouldn't know much about.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:08 PM   #980
Kingofkings1281

Too early to tell if they’re the Finals favorite in the east, but it’s been a joy to watch this team compared to what they had a little over a week ago.

http://kingofkings1281.imgur.com
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:20 AM   #981
pingbling23

Quote:
HIGHLY DOUBT Hayward comes back... and if he did minutrs would be super limited/prob not worth risk.. taking non contact jumps shots is way different than an NBA game .

Cant help but this talk of the Cavs all sudden elevating to the finals is way premature ...but they're looking better obv

Also with this current team the Warriors are still better at every position and or equal (Durant - LBJ) and it's not even close IMO . Warriors beat down a Kyrie with Cavs team 4-1 when Kyrie/Love had big games and Lebron had a monster series . What am I missing here ?!??!
The difference is the Cavs went from having one of the worst productive benches to one of the best. Huge difference maker.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:26 AM   #982
Kingofkings1281

Cavs: Let’s come together and play with each other despite no familiarity. Play selfless. Play hard. Let the best player in the world lead us and we’ll see what happens. Win.

Warriors: Eh. It’s a regular season game (x2). No big deal. We’ll turn it on when it matters. No more excessive turnovers, bitching at the refs, and playing half speed defense. Lost twice in humiliating fashion.

Only regular season though.

http://kingofkings1281.imgur.com
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:37 AM   #983
cnewby

Nice win last night and a great game from LeBron...where'd everyone go?
Old 02-14-2018, 08:44 AM   #984
Stats

The Cavs are fun to watch again! I was skeptical when they got rid of David Griffin, but Koby Altman has really stepped up to the plate and is knocking the moves out of the park. This is the first time in the past few years that the Cavs are playing Warriors level Chess with their roster moves.

Last edited by Stats; 02-14-2018 at 08:47 AM.
Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:11 PM   #985
HP7163

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
The difference is the Cavs went from having one of the worst productive benches to one of the best. Huge difference maker.
True but my concern along with consistency is 1A. Lebron is gonna have to be playing more minutes and 1B who else besides Lebron is creating to make their own shot once he's off the floor ?

Also can Clarkson and JR be consistent on a nightly basis?

Their is one big difference in the Warriors from this year compared to past years .. notes on the game Sunday on ABC --- bench isn't contributing as much which is something to keep an eye on
Old 02-14-2018, 03:39 PM   #986
JustinVerlander07

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobfan8 View Post

Probably had a little to do with the GM calling him out (per woj's latest article)

Quote:
Weren't they pretty high up in scoring for benches before they shipped out half the team?

"Cavs in 7. Write it down"
JustinVerlander07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:06 PM   #987
pingbling23

Quote:
True but my concern along with consistency is 1A. Lebron is gonna have to be playing more minutes and 1B who else besides Lebron is creating to make their own shot once he's off the floor ?

Their is one big difference in the Warriors from this year compared to past years .. notes on the game Sunday on ABC --- bench isn't contributing as much which is something to keep an eye on
george hill, jordan clarkson, jeff green, rodney hood, and kevin love can all create their own shot. the cavs are more then just good catch and shoot players now.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:09 PM   #988
pingbling23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander07 View Post
Probably had a little to do with the GM calling him out (per woj's latest article)

Weren't they pretty high up in scoring for benches before they shipped out half the team?
yes. and they are even better now. the person i was responding stated what changed from what we have seen from the cavs and warriors rivalry. the cavs have a bench that can score now so they wont be - 10 points every time lebron leaves the floor. cavs use to really struggle scoring when lebron was on the bench, not so much the case now.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:13 PM   #989
elee712

Quote:

The only thing with the Warriors is that they play pretty much all their players on a nightly basis. Come playoffs, the rotations should tighten and the starters will each play a few extra minutes per game.
elee712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:14 PM   #990
HP7163

Quote:
george hill, jordan clarkson, jeff green, rodney hood, and kevin love can all create their own shot. the cavs are more then just good catch and shoot players now.
You're being really optimistic my friend in terms of the true meaning of "create your own shot".... but I feel you

Also left Love off since he's out btw. My bad
Old 02-14-2018, 04:16 PM   #991
HP7163

Quote:
Originally Posted by elee712 View Post
The only thing with the Warriors is that they play pretty much all their players on a nightly basis. Come playoffs, the rotations should tighten and the starters will each play a few extra minutes per game.
True but it's noticeable the bench contributions aren't as impactful but like I've said many times .. it's the Dubs title to lose IMO
Old 02-14-2018, 04:30 PM   #992
elee712

Quote:
True but it's noticeable the bench contributions aren't as impactful but like I've said many times .. it's the Dubs title to lose IMO
You're right.. that same thing has been talked about a lot on local radio shows. Only player doing well off the bench is DWest with his 10-15 minutes.
elee712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:47 PM   #993
JustinVerlander07

Quote:
yes. and they are even better now. the person i was responding stated what changed from what we have seen from the cavs and warriors rivalry. the cavs have a bench that can score now so they wont be - 10 points every time lebron leaves the floor. cavs use to really struggle scoring when lebron was on the bench, not so much the case now.
Regular season and Finals (If the Cavs get there) are two completely different things.

Old 02-14-2018, 06:01 PM   #994
pingbling23

Quote:
Regular season and Finals (If the Cavs get there) are two completely different things.
right, and the cavs bench sucked in both last year. now the cavs have one of the best benches in the league. "if the cavs get there" lmao. worry about your own team, ive never seen the warriors more vulnerable.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:24 PM   #995
RYBOWSKI97

will take a while for him to get back to game speed, contact etc. taking minutes from tatum and changing the chemistry of the team playoff time might work against them. i think with tatum and brown they really dont need hayward. someone is going to be unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Why not?

If hes healthy, why wouldnt he?
Old 02-15-2018, 04:35 AM   #996
HP7163

Quote:
ive never seen the warriors more vulnerable.
Eh, before tonight's game the Dubs had just throttled the Suns by 46 and easily handled the Spurs in prime time by 17 Saturday night after they were skidding. Still have the 2nd best record at the All Star break plus have been on fumes for about a month now so the rest was what they were going for

2 titles in 3 seasons and they know how to turn it on

I get what you're saying so I'm excited to see the possible collision course since I love the NBA in general and well my Mavs stink, so I root for great players/story lines
Old 02-15-2018, 04:41 AM   #997
HP7163

Quote:
Originally Posted by elee712 View Post
You're right.. that same thing has been talked about a lot on local radio shows. Only player doing well off the bench is DWest with his 10-15 minutes.
Ah ya I just kept hearing and then seeing actual stats brought up Saturday night while watching game

KEY thing to me like u mentioned is that an older/leader type vet like David "I'll choke you" West (still kinda hate the guy for choking Dirk in the playoffs years ago knowing Dirk is a softy ha) is steppomg up which leads me to believe others will follow like Iggy (not worried about him balling) , Mccraw, Zara .. I am bit worried abou Livingston but I hadn't seen enough games this year to put a finger on it other than he doesn't score with ease down low as well vs size mismatches like before ?? Or maybe I'm drinking to much talk radio ha
Old 02-15-2018, 10:23 AM   #998
JustinVerlander07

Quote:
right, and the cavs bench sucked in both last year. now the cavs have one of the best benches in the league. "if the cavs get there" lmao. worry about your own team, ive never seen the warriors more vulnerable.
They already had one of the best scoring benches......................It's not like their bench defense got any better.

I'm not really worried about a team who will win 60 games while they appear to be coasting right now..If everyone says "the Cavs will just turn it on" in the playoffs, why doesn't that work with the Warriors?

Old 02-15-2018, 02:19 PM   #999
Hardcore

The Cavs made some great pickups..
what I cant figure out is how did those other teams just take the Cavs garbage off their hands and payback with decent players...
I understand about wanting expiring contracts and such.. but for all of the players the Cavs got from the various teams - those teams could have gotten much better in return than what the Cavs gave them... if they offered those players up to other teams.. I think.. draft picks dont make up the difference.
Those trades seem like those horrible fantasy trade offers you get when the other guy wants to dump all his crap for your decent players... I cant see how the other teams all just didnt come out way worse for those deals... are they all trying to help Lebron win another ring?

Last edited by Hardcore; 02-15-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 02:23 PM   #1000
pingbling23

Quote:
They already had one of the best scoring benches......................It's not like their bench defense got any better.

I'm not really worried about a team who will win 60 games while they appear to be coasting right now..If everyone says "the Cavs will just turn it on" in the playoffs, why doesn't that work with the Warriors?
They haven't been coasting when playing the top teams in the west and they've been getting beat down. Vulnerable. If they meet the rockets they will get beat. Harden and Durant are a wash, Paul won't score as much as curry but will have more of an impact and the rockets role players will outplay the warriors'.