Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #276
Orangejello727

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmposs View Post
How the Federal Government Is blocking medical marijuana research
Marijuana may help PTSD. Why won’t the government find out for sure? - The Washington Post
Economic Contributions of the Distilled Spirits Industry | DISCUS

Read some of these links for education.

Nobody here has said legalize it just because they want to get "high". Our federal government picks and chooses what is deemed right and wrong yet it is not the popular opinion of the people for some matters. Regarding alcohol and the money we are spending "against" it:

The U.S. beverage alcohol industry is a major contributor to the economy, responsible for over $393 billion in total U.S. economic activity in 2009, generating nearly $90 billion in wages and over 3.9 million jobs for U.S. workers.

You look at the economic value and while it is impossible to predict the potential value of marijuana, you are telling me it will have no value to a nation in debt? You are not even curious a little?
You forgot 2 things in that equation of yours. The moral issues of a social negative impact on your youth and future as well as the financial burden that comes with having to deal with it.

If you want a referrendum on the issue then hold one. Im willing to bet if it was up to the people, they would favour keeping it illegal.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #277
ManInTheMirror
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
As for my view on personal use? To each their own. I dont judge whether you are a user or not. If your choice to use it potentially dangers my life, then I have an issue as its against the law. Cited, fined, arrested, what ever it may be. I chose to keep it banned to avoid the chance. Whether it stops it or doesn't, atleast I know its not opening a gateway for more chances of happening all because its suddenly legal.
My choice to use it would never potentially danger your life. Even if we lived in the same city and I drove by you on a daily basis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
You stated that you were a multi decade user? Youve always had the choice of buying it. Being legal or illegal, how does that change anything? Its the younger underage generation that Im assuming will increase consumption, jump on board and take advantage of legalization even though it would be illegal for them. It just opens more chances.
You are stuck on the "well you can get it and do it anyways, so what is the difference?" well the fact that I wouldn't have to constantly be looking over my shoulder worrying about being in "trouble" over something so unimportant.

Last edited by ManInTheMirror; 11-09-2012 at 10:03 PM.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #278
vc15jrich23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
My choice to use it would never potentially danger your life. Even if we lived in the same city and I drove by you on a daily basis.

You are stuck on the "well you can get it and do it anyways, so what is the difference?" well the fact that I wouldn't have to constantly be looking over my shoulder worrying about being in "trouble" over something so unimportant.
If it is so unimportant why even use it? Or do you mean unimportant as in weed vs. meth or something "bigger"? That is one of my pet peeves when it comes to marijuana, most people that want to use it keep saying "it does nothing" well if it does nothing why waste money on it? Also the whole medical crap I keep hearing, how do people that smoke it for medical reasons know it works best, has every single person that needs "medical marijuana" tried every type of medicine out there and only marijuana works for them? I have personally heard people say that they want only marijuana for medical use but will not try anything else. Why is it so hard for users to look at the whole picture? Try every option out there and then you might look a little bit more credible instead of just "I want medical marijuana, I will not try anything else at all."
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #279
nuggetsman28

Colorado just keeps getting better
Old 11-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #280
Orangejello727

Quote:

A person who drinks and drives thinks the same way. Why should they enforce drinking and driving because they dont want to worry about a cop troubling them over having a few drinks and driving home.

A person who sells heroin. Why should they enforce punishment for selling a drug someone demands? Why should they have to worry about a cop and looking over their shoulder over something so unimportant that doesnt affect you either??

You can make that argument for everything that is illegal. Im not stuck on anything. This is a prime example of people wanting laws to open up so they can increase activity without having to worry about any negative impact on them. "lets get rid of the speed limit as well. I dont want to worry about cops trying to stop me from going 200 km/hr."
Old 11-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #281
Orangejello727

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
If it is so unimportant why even use it? Or do you mean unimportant as in weed vs. meth or something "bigger"? That is one of my pet peeves when it comes to marijuana, most people that want to use it keep saying "it does nothing" well if it does nothing why waste money on it? Also the whole medical crap I keep hearing, how do people that smoke it for medical reasons know it works best, has every single person that needs "medical marijuana" tried every type of medicine out there and only marijuana works for them? I have personally heard people say that they want only marijuana for medical use but will not try anything else. Why is it so hard for users to look at the whole picture? Try every option out there and then you might look a little bit more credible instead of just "I want medical marijuana, I will not try anything else at all."

I personally think people believe something works because they make themselves believe it. Just like a heroin addict telling you that they "need" another hit because it helps them as well. If anything, thats addiction!! "I need it"
Old 11-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #282
itsinusall

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
Medical Mary Jane is about not taken prescription drugs that will give you other bs side effects, or long term use of certain drugs will give you liver cancer a lot faster then lung cancer from weed.

Cancer patients undergoing chemo have issues with eating anything at all and keeping food down when they do eat. Well that is not the case with weed.

I wish my government would just legalize it, but I never see that day coming. They stand to lose to much if they legalize it.

As long as prescription drugs, liquir, and the Catholic Church have lobbying in DC, weed will be forever illegal on a federal level.

I also believe that states will continue to legalize one by one as budgets continue to come up short.

I wish you could have an intelligent conversation in this country about the whole political process and reform it.
Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration—that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather -Bill Hicks
itsinusall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:46 AM   #283
ManInTheMirror
Banned

Am I hearing New York will be next?
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #284
groundsupport
Banned

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Holy 2 year bump.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:15 PM   #285
StraWMyerS

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Holy 2 year bump.
Oh man has it reallly been 2 yearss ?? I moved to CO and started smoking that medicinal bud I thought this happened like a month and half ago
StraWMyerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:24 PM   #286
Twinsfan33

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Holy 2 year bump.
Hahaha that's what I thought too!
Old 11-17-2014, 02:24 PM   #287
death2redemptions
Banned

The federal government just needs to legalize it already...it clearly has medicinal value and that is all it takes for a substance to become a Schedule II drug.
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:37 PM   #288
Gibberish

Quote:
Am I hearing New York will be next?
maybe it's just the weed talking...
Old 11-17-2014, 04:15 PM   #289
SportsItUpCards
Banned

People having the right to have rights... Yaaaaaay Smh

Life's too short to sweat the small stuff. This coming from a non smoker, and person who in the past was blinded and followed the herd in saying it was a bad thing. But then you live and you learn. They wanna smoke, let them smoke! As long as they don't bother me.
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 04:40 PM   #290
ILOVEBEER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
People having the right to have rights... Yaaaaaay Smh

Life's too short to sweat the small stuff. This coming from a non smoker, and person who in the past was blinded and followed the herd in saying it was a bad thing. But then you live and you learn. They wanna smoke, let them smoke! As long as they don't bother me.
All the old weed dealers in Denver just sell heroin and crack now. Movin' on up....
ILOVEBEER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 04:46 PM   #291
SportsItUpCards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEBEER View Post
All the old weed dealers in Denver just sell heroin and crack now. Movin' on up....
Until that's legalized also...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #292
StraWMyerS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Until that's legalized also...
Honestly, it's not the governments job to protect us from ourselves. Besides if you are dumb enough to want to use dangerous drugs then I don't think the illegality of it will be a major deterrent. I don't imagine they are really the type to fully consider the consequences of such actions. The positives just outweigh the negatives for decriminalizing these drugs and really isn't close.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #293
chipmaster

Washington DC just legalized it!

Can't wait for the day when I can stop on my way home from work and pickup some Purple Kush or AK47......I think they said by January 2016 stores will be open for business.

You can also grow 6 plants for personal use in DC now. Only 3 can be in the flowering stage though. Never thought I'd see this day.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:29 AM   #294
packtheripper

If you live in Michigan,and have the card you can buy whatever you want from craigslist for sale *beauty+ hlth* section.
packtheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:30 AM   #295
BostonNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
Washington DC just legalized it!

Can't wait for the day when I can stop on my way home from work and pickup some Purple Kush or AK47......I think they said by January 2016 stores will be open for business.

You can also grow 6 plants for personal use in DC now. Only 3 can be in the flowering stage though. Never thought I'd see this day.
Congrats. Just remember...marijuana is a memory loss drug.
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:17 PM   #296
chipmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
LOL

Moderation my friend, just like alcohol

Both can destroy your life if you don't have control over them

Wait, what did you say again?
Old 11-18-2014, 01:06 PM   #297
death2redemptions
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
So is alcohol....
Old 11-18-2014, 05:24 PM   #298
browns345543

as a libertarian I think all drugs that do no effect to other non users should be legalized
browns345543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:03 PM   #299
death2redemptions
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by browns345543 View Post
as a libertarian I think all drugs that do no effect to other non users should be legalized
I'm also a libertarian and believe drugs should be legal but the thing is that most addictive drugs will effect non users. Not just the fact that addicts will lie, steal, cheat and kill to support their habit but it directly effects the ones they love. I know this because I'm a former addict and I nearly tore my family apart emotionally putting up with all my crap. I've spent a lot of time making my amends with those whom I affected.

Despite all the bad they do, they are here and there is no getting rid of them. As long as there is a demand the black market will be there to supply it. Drug use in America continues to rise every year so this unbeatable War on Drugs is obviously not working and in the mean time we are spending billions on it. Legalize it, tax it...gets rid of the black market and the crime involved with it...some of the tax money can go towards providing cheaper rehabs and to science to study addiction further.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:37 PM   #300
StraWMyerS

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
I'm also a libertarian and believe drugs should be legal but the thing is that most addictive drugs will effect non users. Not just the fact that addicts will lie, steal, cheat and kill to support their habit but it directly effects the ones they love. I know this because I'm a former addict and I nearly tore my family apart emotionally putting up with all my crap. I've spent a lot of time making my amends with those whom I affected.

Despite all the bad they do, they are here and there is no getting rid of them. As long as there is a demand the black market will be there to supply it. Drug use in America continues to rise every year so this unbeatable War on Drugs is obviously not working and in the mean time we are spending billions on it. Legalize it, tax it...gets rid of the black market and the crime involved with it...some of the tax money can go towards providing cheaper rehabs and to science to study addiction further.
I too would identify myself as libertarian to some extent and I agree that all naturally-occurring plants and resources should not be outlawed. What right does a central authority have to tell anyone that they cannot grow or possess something that is natural to the earth like cannabis, mushrooms, coca plant, etc. I still can't understand how the cultural revolution in the 60's was unable to legalize nature. I do have a slightly different opinion of artifically/lab created drugs like LSD, meth, street cocaine, pharmaceutical drugs, and the like. Those I can understand the need to regulate them more and label them because the vast majority are toxic and should not be bought and sold without an understanding of the content and dangers, while also holding the manufacturers liable to some degree.