2017 black Friday wave 9

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

Notices

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

Old 06-16-2016, 03:37 PM   #26
Lionsman81

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post
This isn't exactly a new phenomenon, it's the nature of the beast... which is why the signing habits of A-ball players are so wildly different than the signing habits of AAA players.

There are some guys out there that look to monetize their IP autographs, but I'd expect most autograph seekers are collectors and most of the stuff ends up staying in their PC or traded with other collectors. Quite frankly, there isn't that much to be made graphing for money... I met a guy in Knoxville who claimed that one of their regulars made $15k selling off Bryant stuff but the fact of the matter is that is an extreme outlier and most of these cards are worth $1 or $2 apiece.
While I understand that side of things I'm seeing more and more people hanging out at my local parks getting pages of IP graphs signed other than the locals. Is it always bad? No. Kannapolis is going to come in two weeks and they have absolutely nobody, nobody is going to be there. But when the big guys come through the tunnel gets stacked up with people. My comment was more based around the fact that I'm seeing players in A-ball displaying habits similar to those in AAA. These guys are getting burnt out earlier and earlier each year. The internet has ruined graphing, join Autographs 101 on Facebook and you'll find out really quick what's wrong with this hobby. It's a lot more active on the IP side in there than one here, and people were graphing Rodgers raving about how nice he was. They were proclaiming their "rackfests" and showing off as many as 10 big items (I'm talking full size helmets, 11X14s, ROMLB) that he signed at once. So knowing he'd sign everyone started to flood him with items with the knowledge he'd sign them.

There are true collectors, and the majority of people are true collectors but it's the "rackers" who are ruining the hobby for everyone. I don't mind one-per, even though I had multiple sets I'm working on and this was my only shot at Rodgers. I set out three for him, but I'll take my one and move on. You can thank those people for why guys don't stop.

I don't mind people getting a page signed but anything more than that is a little overboard. If you get nine done, that's more than enough IMO. Personally I'm a quality guy, and I don't want 25 of the same card signed but I'm not going to look down upon anyone who enjoys that. I do not enjoy however the guys who are getting two full pages of 9-12 cards done, or that are extremely rude to the players (Seriously, they're taking time for you, they don't HAVE to sign). I can't tell you how many people were making statements about Brendan's character and calling him a d-bag because he'd only sign one. You can usually tell when someone is a dealer from the way they act, how many, and what they're getting signed.

Last edited by Lionsman81; 06-16-2016 at 03:44 PM.
Lionsman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 04:31 PM   #27
Lionsman81

Well, here are my scans from my Greensboro trip Tuesday night. 8X10s and cards. Naylors are for trade, everything else is my PC, but as usual if you want the same image signed I can get it for you at a super affordable rate.

Picture of Zach Sullivan crossing home plate after a home run he hit on Monday night. Extremely nice guy and really liked the photo.

Ceballos was excited about this picture, I just need to get Seymour to complete the other side of it.

This photo just looked too good to pass up, and Jose Quejada has been pitching much better lately.

I know it's not an action shot but I wanted to get Blanton on something.

Naylor Cards and the one Rodgers I did manage.

Photo of Isaiel Soto's first HR of the year, it was a game-winning two-run shot in the bottom of the sixth in a doubleheader.

After two games of trying I finally got Farnworth on this photo.

Thanks for stopping by per usual.

-Mark
Old 06-16-2016, 04:39 PM   #28
oucats02

I like those photos! How much for a signed Naylor?
Old 06-16-2016, 05:09 PM   #29
TTMMaster19

Would you consign Naylor?
Old 06-16-2016, 05:21 PM   #30
Lionsman81

Quote:
Originally Posted by oucats02 View Post
I like those photos! How much for a signed Naylor?
PMs sent to both of you!
Old 07-06-2016, 11:50 PM   #31
Lionsman81

Did the West Virginia Power vs. Grasshoppers this afternoon. Another crazy hot day game where you lose pints full of sweat out in the hot 95 degree North Carolina sun. I do however love the day games as it's a great chance to get photos without having to precisely dial in your lighting settings and you can pretty much set a lot of the camera settings to auto and get some good pictures. Showed up pregame, West Virgina has three guys with cards (Ke'Bryan Hayes, someone else who I forget their name, and Mitch Keller). I only had cards for Hayes as I wasn't sure if I was going to this game ahead of time so I didn't order anything and I didn't have any preexisting stock.

Missed out on:

West Virginia:

Ke'Bryan Hayes 0/1 (Didn't see): Well, he spent maybe 20 minutes signing for everyone else but I got distracted by another player when he mercifully finished signing page after page of cards I was talking to someone else and he didn't hear me call his name. Due to the heat I bolted post-game, it's really not a big deal to me, it was only a SAL Top Prospects card so it's not like I had something amazing for him.

Greensboro:

Steven Farnworth 0/1 (Didn't See): I kid you not, 5 out of the six or seven games I've been to this year Farnworth has pitched. Well, he didn't pitch today but he was probably charting or something, didn't see him regardless.

Zach Sullivan 0/1 (Missed): Missed my buddy Zach who I've been talking with over Instagram Direct Messages for a week. I got to the game 50 minutes early and he was already gone. He posted one of my pictures of him on Instagram today and was really pleased with it. Can't wait to see him next time.

Here's my Greensboro-Only haul. 8X10s are PC but same rules apply as always, I can replicate the image and get it signed for you at an affordable rate so just PM me.

Roy Morales 2/2 8X10s (One from the Hickory game which I went to last second and didn't post a recap for): Roy is probably my favorite guy on the team. He's not the biggest prospect or the best name, but he knows me by name, follows me on Instagram, and is always complimenting my photos. He's Puerto Rican so he serves as somewhat of a translator between me and the Spanish-Speaking players who I give photos to. Always glad to meet up with him and a pleasure talking with him.

Anfernee Seymour 2/2 8X10s (One completed the dual with coach Jose Ceballos) : Finally caught Anfernee. I could easily have him sign 15-20 photos because he's the player who ends up on my camera more than any of the others. He's bunting, sliding, stealing, doing something exciting and he's always ending up in the frame. He's an extremely nice guy and I was happy to add him.

Casey Soltis 1/1 8X10: Signed for everyone who had cards and signed my 8X10. Older picture and a little out of focus but it has the ball making contact with his bat

Jose Quejada 1/1 8X10: Jose is an extremely nice guy. Albeit he speaks little to no English but he is probably the most excited player when I give him photos. One of my friends translated for me, and we arranged for me to get him more extra prints which I'm always more than happy to do.

Josh Naylor 4/4 2 8X10s (One with Twine), 1 SAL Top Prospects Card, 1 Topps Pro Debut (For TTMmaster19): Got Josh today. He talked but wasn't extremely social. I got every version of his inconsistent signature but, I'm happy to get him and he was fine signing so it's all good in the end.

Justin Twine 2/2 2 8x10s (One with Naylor): Justin gave me really nice big, bold signatures on my photos and was really happy to see them. As always he's a class act.

That will wrap up my day at the Ballpark. Scans will come tomorrow afternoon when I have a little more time to do the scans. Thanks for stopping by.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:10 PM   #32
Lionsman81

So here are my scans from yesterday. I forgot to mention I got Cody Poteet on 3/3 yesterday. He signed but it wasn't much of a signature, just a random scribble. I'm not sure if he didn't want to sign, was running late, or what, but he still did it regardless. Here are the scans from yesterday.

The Naylor Pro Debut belongs to TTMMaster. I apologize in advance about the abbreviated signature.

Really happy with the Naylor/Twine Dual

Finished the Ceballos/Anfernee Dual

So that's it for now. Not exactly sure when my next game will be. Kannapolis is here for a four game set over the weekend but they literally have NOBODY on their team. I think there's one guy with an Elite Extra Edition card, besides that, there's nobody worth getting, but I might go to meet up with some Greensboro guys, depends on work.

Thanks for stopping by
-Mark
Old 07-07-2016, 03:32 PM   #33
Lionsman81

I apologize in advance for making a third post in the last 24 hours, but I didn't know this package was coming in today. Just figured I'd give a huge shoutout to Berkman32 for hooking me up with these 10 cards for just $10 shipped. These are some sets and guys who I normally wouldn't be able to get. Thanks again for the easy deal! I highly recommend checking him out if you're looking to add some more autos to your collection.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:28 PM   #34
oucats02

Awesome stuff man!!!
Old 07-07-2016, 06:48 PM   #35
Lionsman81

Quote:
Awesome stuff man!!!
Thanks Clay! It's nothing compared to your hauls man, haha. You're the gold standard for IP and TTM Autos but glad you enjoyed what I got.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:44 PM   #36
oucats02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsman81 View Post
Thanks Clay! It's nothing compared to your hauls man, haha. You're the gold standard for IP and TTM Autos but glad you enjoyed what I got.
HAHA thanks man. I don't know about "gold standard" but I appreciate the compliment!!!

I just think it's cool you get YOUR pictures signed. Makes it mean more in my opinion.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:07 AM   #37
Lionsman81

Quote:
HAHA thanks man. I don't know about "gold standard" but I appreciate the compliment!!!

I just think it's cool you get YOUR pictures signed. Makes it mean more in my opinion.

For sure! It makes it much, much, more important and meaningful. I give extra copies of each photo to the players and some of them know me by name and look for me at games just to see what picture I took of them at the last game, it's pretty cool. If I just printed one off Google I wouldn't have the connection I have with the pictures or the signature. These are irreplaceable collectibles and great PC items.