Blowout Cards Forums
Ben Simmons

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
Lionsman81

Default Chick-Fil-A

Anybody here been to one? The food is delicious and the service is great by far my favorite thing since moving to the South.
Lionsman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
calculusdork

I worked at Chick-fil-A for about 5 years ... which means I ate there about 6-8 times a week for 5 years. I still eat there about once a week. That should tell you something.
==============================
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
TarjetasBéisbol

Chick-Fil-A is not only in the South. The worst part about them is that they are not open on Sunday.

Chick-fil-A: Browse Locations
TarjetasBéisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
cope7279

I used to eat Chick-fil-A until they built a Raising Cane's next to it.. Have not been back in over 6 months plus they are open on Sundays which is when I would always want to eat there.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
hairysasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
I worked at Chick-fil-A for about 5 years ... which means I ate there about 6-8 times a week for 5 years. I still eat there about once a week. That should tell you something.
How the hell are you so skinny, then? You should be their Jared!
Old 12-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
jubei777

Quote:
Originally Posted by cope7279 View Post
I used to eat Chick-fil-A until they built a Raising Cane's next to it.. Have not been back in over 6 months plus they are open on Sundays which is when I would always want to eat there.
never heard of Raising Cane's. Googled it and damn it looks tasty. So jealous.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #7
Bars and Bar

Whataburger triumphs all.

http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/barsandbar/library/
Bars and Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #8
bcarlson33

Chik-Fil-A does a great job of hiring as there staff always impresses me and does a great job and has great food
Old 12-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
calculusdork

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
How the hell are you so skinny, then? You should be their Jared!
Problem is I never weighed 400 pounds.

Man, when I worked there, I was on my feet all the time. 5'11", 135 pounds. A month after I got married, I got my first big-boy "sit-down" job. I gained 25 pounds overnight. I've stayed around 160 ever since, except this year I've lost 10 pounds for some reason. Nothing has changed in my life ... oh, except I started selling cards on eBay, and babies keep coming out of everywhere ...
Old 12-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #10
ajw9356

The reason they don't work on Sundays is the owner of the Franchise is, I believe, Menonite which it's against their religion to work on Sunday (?fact checking to do here, this is just going off of something that was mentioned to me in the past). I may be incorrect on the exact circumstances and such on this, but you get the picture, based on their religious beliefs. FYI-Post is not to insight a debate on if it's right or wrong or religious debate, just to let those know why they are closed.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #11
calculusdork

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw9356 View Post
The reason they don't work on Sundays is the owner of the Franchise is, I believe, Menonite which it's against their religion to work on Sunday (?fact checking to do here, this is just going off of something that was mentioned to me in the past). I may be incorrect on the exact circumstances and such on this, but you get the picture, based on their religious beliefs. FYI-Post is not to insight a debate on if it's right or wrong or religious debate, just to let those know why they are closed.
Not sure where you got the Mennonite thing, lol ... maybe it's true but I've never heard that.

Yes, it is based on religious conviction ... they are Christian and honor the Sabbath.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #12
btimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarjetasBéisbol View Post
Chick-Fil-A is not only in the South. The worst part about them is that they are not open on Sunday.

Chick-fil-A: Browse Locations
I ALWAYS want it on Sunday.
btimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #13
WCTYSON
Banned

Quote:
Yes, it is based on religious conviction ... they are Christian and honor the Sabbath.
On June 16, 2012, while on the syndicated radio talk show, The Ken Coleman Show, Chick-fil-A president and chief operating officer (COO) Dan Cathy Cathy stated:
"I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage'. I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about."

The following month, on July 2, Biblical Recorder published an interview with Dan Cathy, who was asked about opposition to his company's "support of the traditional family." He replied: "Well, guilty as charged." Cathy continued:
"We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that. ... We want to do anything we possibly can to strengthen families. We are very much committed to that," Cathy emphasized. "We intend to stay the course," he said. "We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles."
The day after the Supreme Court of the United States struck down the Defense of Marriage Act, Dan Cathy tweeted, "Sad day for our nation; founding fathers would be ashamed of our gen. to abandon wisdom of the ages re: cornerstone of strong societies." The tweet was subsequently deleted, but was archived by Topsy.

You can not love each other legally but feel free to love our chicken.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #14
RetailChamp

Top Times When Chick Fil-A Sounds Amazing:

1) Every single Sunday
2) At 10:35 am the morning after drinking heavily (Breakfast stops at 10:30)
Old 12-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #15
calculusdork

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
On June 16, 2012, while on the syndicated radio talk show, The Ken Coleman Show, Chick-fil-A president and chief operating officer (COO) Dan Cathy Cathy stated:
"I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage'. I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about."

The following month, on July 2, Biblical Recorder published an interview with Dan Cathy, who was asked about opposition to his company's "support of the traditional family." He replied: "Well, guilty as charged." Cathy continued:
"We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that. ... We want to do anything we possibly can to strengthen families. We are very much committed to that," Cathy emphasized. "We intend to stay the course," he said. "We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles."
The day after the Supreme Court of the United States struck down the Defense of Marriage Act, Dan Cathy tweeted, "Sad day for our nation; founding fathers would be ashamed of our gen. to abandon wisdom of the ages re: cornerstone of strong societies." The tweet was subsequently deleted, but was archived by Topsy.

And the beauty of this, I suppose, is that Cathy has a right to believe that and you have a right to disagree, and a right to decide whether or not you want to eat at his restaurants.

Guess I'm not sure why you posted that except to stir the pot and to subsequently have this thread deleted in 5, 4, 3, ....
Old 12-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #16
WCTYSON
Banned

Quote:
And the beauty of this, I suppose, is that Cathy has a right to believe that and you have a right to disagree, and a right to decide whether or not you want to eat at his restaurants.

Guess I'm not sure why you posted that except to stir the pot and to subsequently have this thread deleted in 5, 4, 3, ....
True indeed. Just trying to help people be educated consumers.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #17
fullmetal
Banned

I easily overlook their mission statement with its religious connection because they run an amazing firm, with incredible culture that places the customer first. Considering the price is similar to other fast food chains, I'm still amazed at the atmosphere of their stores and the outward character of their employees.

They do it right: fast service, great food and they enjoy their work.

Publix and Chik-fil-a have the best company cultures and their lowest tier of employees proudly support. Their customers know it and it supports their business. Often the business model and culture becomes blurred and/or ignored at the bottom of the org. chart.

Last edited by fullmetal; 12-12-2013 at 03:36 PM.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #18
calculusdork

Quote:
True indeed. Just trying to help people be educated consumers.
And I have no problem with that.

(Where is an Arrested Development GIF when I need it ...)
Old 12-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #19
Clarka3

Quote:

post of the day imo.

i don't eat there often for a few reasons. First and foremost, I just don't think their chicken is that amazing. I love the waffle fries though, but just don't love the chicken enough to go there.

second, I really do not agree with their political views.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #20
tajikey

1. Have only eaten their once, and my impression is good. Who doesn't love a fast food joint that keeps dipping sauce other than disgusting ketchup/catsup available to grab at will. I mean, I'm limited to 3 when ordering a 20-piece from McDonald's. With Chick-fil-a, no limits!

2. I appreciate that they exercise their religious belief in a public environment, and have ultimately concluded that money is not greater than what they believe. Hobby Lobby is another company that exercises the same practice of being closed on Sunday.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #21
Gmrson

Quote:

I disagree with you personally...I don't have these restaurants near me, but enjoyed reading the story and didn't feel it was to stir the pot (but I don't follow who posts what on here). It is something I would like to know, and while I don't share their opinions, I respect them. Moreover, for me, I respect that they "walk-the-talk". Their values can't be bought by Sunday sales. Often, many with similar opinions (at least in the public eye), cheat on their wives or have multi, and end up crying for forgiveness of their sins to keep their wealthy positions.
National table #268; Collecting: 1966 Topps Baseball set, need 2016 Topps Franchise Finest Kershaw Auto.
See you in Cleveland!
Gmrson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #22
calculusdork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmrson View Post
I disagree with you personally...I don't have these restaurants near me, but enjoyed reading the story and didn't feel it was to stir the pot (but I don't follow who posts what on here). It is something I would like to know, and while I don't share their opinions, I respect them. Moreover, for me, I respect that they "walk-the-talk". Their values can't be bought by Sunday sales. Often, many with similar opinions (at least in the public eye), cheat on their wives or have multi, and end up crying for forgiveness of their sins to keep their wealthy positions.
I was speaking purely from an "American" standpoint. I really appreciate your post and personally agree with everything you said.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #23
CAS239

Love chick-fil-a

Never had their breakfast. But their chicken, waffle fries, milkshakes, and drinks are delicious. Yes drinks too, I like the crushed ice they have
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #24
eaglescubs555

Bunch of them out here on the left coast. Pretty good food although I disagree with their values.
eaglescubs555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #25
Deathgate

The other IT tech I work with eats a 4 pack of their Chick-n-minis on the way to work each morning. At least once a week he'll bring me a pack of them also. Extremely tasty!

And as far as the food vs. beliefs debate, I found this to be pretty humorous:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012...orted-slavery/

I personally do not support the owner's beliefs, but I do support their chicken!

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Last edited by Deathgate; 12-12-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote