Zack Hess struggling
Old 02-18-2018, 08:37 PM   #29
preakness

Any updates?

In Vegas
preakness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:31 PM   #30
GoBeavs

Trevor Larnach is batting .889 w/ 3 HRs, and has reached base in 12 straight plate appearances so far. Madrigal only has a paltry .385 ave.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:12 PM   #31
Jaypers
Bowman Scout

Texas Tech LHP Steven Gingery is out for the year and will need Tommy John surgery.
Jaypers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:57 AM   #32
VandyCards

Andy Cannizzaro out at Miss State. Evidently to be fired with cause. Only in his second year and was one of the rising stars in college coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2018, 10:46 PM   #33
Jaypers
Bowman Scout

Dammit.

Kendall Rogers‏ @KendallRogers
.@BeaverBaseball All-American Nick Madrigal had an X-ray tonight following a left hand injury. #Beavs team doctor will meet with him tomorrow. Fear is that he could miss 4-6 weeks. More tomorrow. #MLBDraft
Old 02-24-2018, 01:51 AM   #34
sheetskout

Send a message via AIM to sheetskout Send a message via Yahoo to sheetskout

Shane McClanahan 6.0IP 2H 9K
Casey Mize 5.0IP 5H 4ER 2BB 9K
Brady Singer: 5.0IP 9H 3ER 4K
Old 02-24-2018, 01:55 AM   #35
PejaD

Cal's Andrew Vaughn went 3-for-3, 3 BB's, 2 HR's
PejaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:38 PM   #36
VandyCards

Washington's Joe DeMers threw a Perfect Game.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:45 PM   #37
Jaypers
Bowman Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyCards View Post
Amazing that his first cards came out seven years ago. (2011 BDP)
Old 02-24-2018, 07:26 PM   #38
preakness

Quote:
Think I have a bunch of USA stuff somewhere
Old 02-24-2018, 10:11 PM   #39
bankdawg

UGA's Keegan McGovern hit 3HR today, giving him 6HR in his last 5 games. Lost 28 lbs in the off season and is mashing.
bankdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 10:30 PM   #40
SDcardguy24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
Amazing that his first cards came out seven years ago. (2011 BDP)
I think he might be the only current college player left with a Bowman Chrome auto
SDcardguy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:20 AM   #41
VandyCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDcardguy24 View Post
I think he might be the only current college player left with a Bowman Chrome auto
I think that is right. I have a few....
Old 02-25-2018, 10:16 AM   #42
bagman1960

Tenn Tech 30 Illinois State 17

Last paragraph... "The offensive onslaught that carried over to the final three innings included Garza's first wall jumper, as well as Strohschein's second and third canaries and Putzig's third pop tart. (With so many home runs, we've had to make up a few synonyms)."

COOKEVILLE, Tenn. – Home runs were hit. Runs were scored. Records were broken. When all was said and done Saturday afternoon, Tennessee Tech came out on top, winning a crazy, four-hour and 51-minute shootout in game two of its three-game series against Illinois State, 30-17.

The Golden Eagles (4-1) broke five school records against the Redbirds (2-3), while two Tech players tied individual program marks. Already a vaunted offense, TTU showed off the power to the tune of a program-best 11 home runs on the day, shattering the previous mark of eight set back in 2008. The home squad also mashed five in the third frame alone, a single-inning record for the team.

Tech's 27 hits in the contest also set a new standard for the program, besting previous record of 26 set in 2016. Combined, the two teams totaled 47 runs (easily beating the past record of 40) and 14 home runs (much better than the previous mark of 10).

The win marked just the third time in program history that a Golden Eagle squad scored at least 30 runs in single contest.

Senior Trevor Putzig and junior Kevin Strohschein each tied the school record for home runs in a single game, blasting three apiece in the contest. Putzig led the way offensively, finishing 5-for-6 with career-highs of five runs scored and seven RBI. Strohschein tallied four RBI and four runs as part of a 4-for-7 showing.

Junior center fielder Alex Junior finished just a single shy of the cycle, recording a double, triple and home run as part of a 3-for-5 display out of the leadoff spot. He drove in three while scoring four times. Chase Chambers added four RBI to the mix while David Garza, Jason Hinchman and Brennon Kaleiwahea also tallied multiple RBI.

Making his first collegiate start, redshirt freshman outfielder Zell Walker totaled three RBI with a 2-for-4 day, scoring four time while also clubbing his first home run as a Golden Eagle. Fellow redshirt freshman Tyler Sylvester picked up his first career in his first collegiate appearance, tossing the final two innings of no-hit and scoreless ball, a rarity on the day.

Illinois State looked to be in control of things early, attacking right out of the gate with three runs in the top of the first. Tech answered with a solo shot off the bat of Putzig, but things stayed relatively quiet until the third.

Trailing 3-1, Tech kicked off a scoring frenzy and pseudo home run derby in the bottom of the third, beginning with a solo bomb down the right field line by Junior, his third of the year. Putzig made it back-to-back jacks with his second solo dinger of the game.

Strohschein narrowly cranked out another consecutive long ball in the next at bat, but had to settle for a double off the wall in right field. Chambers followed, getting the Golden Eagles back into the home run spirit with a 2-run moon shot to center field. Not to be outdone, junior John Ham went back-to-back with Chambers thanks to a long ball to right field. Three batters later, Walker helped the team make history with its fifth round-tripper of the inning, a two-run oppo taco to right field.

The 8-3 lead became 8-6 relatively quickly, but the Golden Eagle offense trudged forward, plating five more in the bottom of the fourth, without the benefit of a home run, for a 13-6 advantage. Once again, the Redbirds answered, this time retaking the lead, 14-13, with eight runs in the top of the fifth.

In the blink of an eye, things were tied at 14-14. On a full count, Strohschein torched a leadoff boomer to right center field to knot things up. While it represented the only long ball of the frame, it kicked off another scoring frenzy that equated to eight more Tech runs and a commanding 21-14 lead.

Illinois State managed to score single runs in each of the next three innings, but Tech bested that mark with a total of nine over the final three frames. The offensive onslaught that carried over to the final three innings included Garza's first wall jumper, as well as Strohschein's second and third canaries and Putzig's third pop tart. (With so many home runs, we've had to make up a few synonyms).
bagman1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:57 AM   #43
VandyCards

Looks like a broken wrist for Madrigal, according to Kiley McDaniel
Old 02-25-2018, 11:09 AM   #44
preakness

Time for Cadyn
Greiner to step up

Go drew Mendoza
Old 02-25-2018, 11:09 AM   #45
rutgersjpm

Quote:
Looks like a broken wrist for Madrigal, according to Kiley McDaniel
That stinks. I was really looking forward to seeing what this kid can do this year.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:27 PM   #46
StripNaquin

Luken Baker hitting well above .300, as is Kody Clemens.

Stanford's Nico Hoerner with a major turnaround after the series in Texas, now hitting above .300

"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."
StripNaquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:30 PM   #47
PejaD

Nick Madrigal will be back this week.

Unfortunately, Luken Baker has a fractured fibula and his college career is likely done. Though I am not seeing him in any of the top draft prospects lists recently; perhaps he will come back for his senior year?!?
PejaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:32 PM   #48
preakness

Baker will be end of round 1 maybe early 2?

Nick madrgial will have nice 10 year career hitting .270 and scoring 80-100 runs a year