Blowout Cards Forums
2018 flush

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 02-20-2017, 07:52 PM   #1
Saraste

Default Palmetto FL Show 2/24-26 With PSA There

For those of you who live in the area or are down for the start of Spring Training, there is a 3-day show coming up this weekend in Palmetto. There will be about 80 tables. Admission is free. I am understanding that there will be 25-30 dealers including some from up north. From what I have seen, PSA will be there all 3 days.

I have included directions coming from St.Pete, Tampa, and the south below. Here are the details from the PSA website:

Spring Training Spectacular
Start Date: 2/24/2017
End Date: 2/26/2017
Details: Manatee County Fairgrounds
1400 14th Ave West
Palmetto FL,
804-338-8919

Hours:

Friday - 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Saturday - 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm

Admission: Free

Comments: PSA/DNA autograph authentication will be processed on-site concluding approximately two hours prior to the show’s closing. Turnaround varies with demand; two hour guaranteed service is available for an additional fee. Letters of Authenticity will be issued by mail within two weeks after the completion of the show. Customer Service will be accepting take home submissions for PSA grading services and PSA/DNA autograph encapsulation service, return shipping is required.

For those who are unfamiliar with the area, Palmetto is just south of the Tampa/St. Pete area. If you are coming from St. Pete, take the Skyway over to US19. Follow that down to Business 301 and make a right at Memphis Rd/17th St. W. (about 3-4 miles from when you get off of I-275). Go down about a half mile to 14th Ave. W. Take a left on 14th Ave. W. and the fairgrounds are on your left.

Coming from the south, take I-75 to exit 224 (the exit just north of the Manatee river), head west all the way to 14th Ave W. and make a right on 14th Ave. W. The fairgrounds are on the right.

For those coming from the Tampa area, take I-75 to I-275 (exit 228) and get off at 301 (exit 2). Make a left at the light and go down 2-3 miles. You will see the merge with US19. Keep right and go down Business 301 following the same directions as if you are coming down from St. Pete.

I will be there with my large assortment of quarter and dollar boxes. I will also have mid-late 90's unopened baseball packs and boxes. Oldpaper told me yesterday that he will be there. Feel free to come on by say hi to us.

If you have any questions either post in here or PM myself or Oldpaper.

COMC 20% off auto-accept.
Saraste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:16 PM   #2
Rabs

Really wish I could make it but I'll be in Key West all weekend. I was at the show last year and it was pretty good. I wish they had it more than once a year.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:32 PM   #3
OLDPAPER

Hi everyone....yep...I will be set up again this year with 2 tables....bringing some pretty sweet $1 boxes with volume discounts available. Looking forward to seeing everyone for this show's second year.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:56 PM   #4
OLDPAPER

Bump it up
Old 02-24-2017, 04:59 AM   #5
OLDPAPER

Today is the big day...get by this great 3 day show! Thanks for your interest
Old 02-24-2017, 10:12 AM   #6
Saraste

Thanks for the bumps. I will be heading over there shortly. For the first time I am bringing out my stash of 90's Pacific baseball unopened boxes.

I will be posting an update tonight giving everyone a bit more of an idea as to what types of things are there in addition to cards. I believe at least a couple of dealers will have comics.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:29 PM   #7
Saraste

Just to let everyone know, there is all sorts of sports stuff at this show. Examples include signed baseball jerseys, hockey jerseys, assorted helmets, posters and artwork, figurines, pennants, etc. I saw plenty of vintage along with a nice assortment of modern cards. There is also a bunch of the newest unopened material.

For those who do non-sport, I saw one dealer with vintage non-sport and Oldpaper brought a nice assortment of celebrity autographs and event-worn items.

On top of there were several dealers who could not make it today and will be there for the weekend. Who knows what they will have?

Old 02-26-2017, 02:50 AM   #8
OLDPAPER

Last day of the show is Sunday 2/26...starts at 9....get there early as dealers will start packing up about 1 or 2!!
Old 02-26-2017, 07:56 PM   #9
djohn

Glad I was able to make it on Friday. It was great chatting with Saraste about basketball while going through his quarter boxes. There were definitely a lot of good buys to be had. I wish I could've made it back up there today, as I know there were a few items I wanted to get back to as well as all the bargain boxes that I didn't get a chance to get through on Friday.
I sure wish we could have a card show more than once a year in this area. Hopefully the turnout was good for Saturday and Sunday.

Last edited by djohn; 02-27-2017 at 03:43 PM.
djohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:02 AM   #10
Rabs

How was the show overall? Sorry I missed it but Key West was pretty awesome.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:53 PM   #11
OLDPAPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs View Post
How was the show overall? Sorry I missed it but Key West was pretty awesome.
Tough to pass up Key West. I would imagine from a buyer's perspective it was pretty good....nice cross-section of vintage and new stuff...some non-sports and toys....about 20-25 dealers.

As a seller...traffic was not great...not what we had hoped for. Kent, the promoter, does a great job getting dealers and securing the facility..it is a great arena for a show....I saw a few people come back for multiple days.

Try to make it out to Lakeland Saturday if you are so inclined...hope to see you there! Ask for Greg.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:54 PM   #12
Rabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPAPER View Post
Tough to pass up Key West. I would imagine from a buyer's perspective it was pretty good....nice cross-section of vintage and new stuff...some non-sports and toys....about 20-25 dealers.

As a seller...traffic was not great...not what we had hoped for. Kent, the promoter, does a great job getting dealers and securing the facility..it is a great arena for a show....I saw a few people come back for multiple days.

Try to make it out to Lakeland Saturday if you are so inclined...hope to see you there! Ask for Greg.
Yeah couldn't pass up the trip. Wish I had been able to make the show though for at least a day but oh well. Sorry there wasn't more traffic though.

Won' t be able to make Lakeland either. Have been there before but have to work Saturday. I'll try to make the Tampa show this month though. I like how that show is two days so it makes it easier for me to make it at least one day.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:12 PM   #13
Saraste

I agree with Greg's assessment. There were some people who came in only to drop stuff off with PSA. They didn't even check out the tables. Their loss. I will be at the Tampa Show. If you are coming in from the main outside door (looking towards the rest of the flea market), I will be on the right side across from the large group of tables in the middle manned by Bob, Val and their spoiled Golden Retriever Harley. Ask for Steve

Old 03-03-2017, 06:51 AM   #14
Rabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraste View Post
I agree with Greg's assessment. There were some people who came in only to drop stuff off with PSA. They didn't even check out the tables. Their loss. I will be at the Tampa Show. If you are coming in from the main outside door (looking towards the rest of the flea market), I will be on the right side across from the large group of tables in the middle manned by Bob, Val and their spoiled Golden Retriever Harley. Ask for Steve
Do you usually wear a hat? If so I think I know who you are.

Are there any other card shops in the area besides Skip's shop and Wonder Water?
Old 03-03-2017, 03:41 PM   #15
Saraste

I never wear a hat. The Sunday of the last show was my first day there. I don't know any of the shops in the area, if there are any. I haven't been in an LCS in a long time. Back in the day there was an LCS that I frequented until the owner passed away. After that, his stuff was sold off and the place became a memorabilia shop with very few cards.

Old 03-03-2017, 05:03 PM   #16
OLDPAPER

Quote:
Do you usually wear a hat? If so I think I know who you are.

Are there any other card shops in the area besides Skip's shop and Wonder Water?
There are two other shops that I know of in Pinellas....neither with much inventory though...there is a short stops on US 19 in Palm Harbor and there is Titan sports cards at 49th St. and Park Boulevard in St Pete
Old 03-03-2017, 05:32 PM   #17
Rabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraste View Post
I never wear a hat. The Sunday of the last show was my first day there. I don't know any of the shops in the area, if there are any. I haven't been in an LCS in a long time. Back in the day there was an LCS that I frequented until the owner passed away. After that, his stuff was sold off and the place became a memorabilia shop with very few cards.
Ok sorry I'm confusing you with someone else then. What type of stuff do you usually sell? Vintage or modern?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPAPER View Post
There are two other shops that I know of in Pinellas....neither with much inventory though...there is a short stops on US 19 in Palm Harbor and there is Titan sports cards at 49th St. and Park Boulevard in St Pete
Thanks for the info. You don't usually go to the Tampa shows do you?
Old 03-05-2017, 08:32 AM   #18
OLDPAPER

I go to the Big Top show as a customer but rarely set up....as a dealer at that show, you usually have to commit to both days and that does not usually work for me.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:44 PM   #19
djohn

Anyone know when the show is this year. I have seen 2 ads for the show, so I know it will be in February again this year. I just can't remember the exact dates. I knew I should've taken a picture of the ad at the fair when I saw it.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:59 PM   #20
TarjetasBéisbol

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn View Post
Anyone know when the show is this year. I have seen 2 ads for the show, so I know it will be in February again this year. I just can't remember the exact dates. I knew I should've taken a picture of the ad at the fair when I saw it.
From a craigslist ad; The 3rd Annual Spring Training Sports Collectors Show will be held on Friday, February 23rd through Sunday, February 25th, at the Manatee County Fairgrounds, which is located at 1303 17th St W, Palmetto, FL 34221. PSA/DNA will be doing on-site autograph authentication, along with accepting card submissions to be taken back to California. For PSA related questions or other PSA information, you can visit their website, psacard.com

The show will feature up to 100 tables of sports cards & memorabilia, with dealers buying & selling material from the 19th century to present, and Bryan Dec will be giving "Free Appraisals" on your vintage pre-1976 sports cards & memorabilia.

Admission is $3, with autograph guest TBA, and all show inquiries can be directed to Kent Garnett
Old 01-24-2018, 05:49 PM   #21
djohn

Thanks for the info. I wonder who they will get for autograph guest, hopefully they announce it soon so I can find appropriate item(s) to bring to get signed.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:08 PM   #22
Rabs

I spoke to Kent last weekend at the Tampa show and he is very excited about this Palmetto show. I for sure will be there at least one of the days. It is the largest show in the Tampa area for the entire year.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:19 PM   #23
djohn

I will definitely be there as well, hopefully buying more than last year. I might bring some stuff for PSA, and possibly some nice cards for trade/sale. Considering I have a month to plan now, I should be able to put together a nice lot of cards to bring with me.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:26 PM   #24
Rabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn View Post
I will definitely be there as well, hopefully buying more than last year. I might bring some stuff for PSA, and possibly some nice cards for trade/sale. Considering I have a month to plan now, I should be able to put together a nice lot of cards to bring with me.
I wasn't able to make it last year, but was there the first year they had it. It's a good mix of dealers from all over the state including Tampa, Jacksonville, Orlando, and Miami.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:35 PM   #25
djohn

Quote:
I wasn't able to make it last year, but was there the first year they had it. It's a good mix of dealers from all over the state including Tampa, Jacksonville, Orlando, and Miami.
I have been each of the past 2 years, each time for just one day. I am hoping that I can go for more than 1 day this year. I was only able to go on Friday last year, and from what I heard a few more dealers showed up on Saturday, so I completely missed them.
I agree that it's a nice mix of dealers. Hopefully the turn-out is a little better this year. Last year it was the same weekend as the Daytona 500, and a lot of people were blaming that as the reason for the less than stellar turn-out.