Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Mad

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 01-24-2018, 08:28 PM   #26
Rabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn View Post
I have been each of the past 2 years, each time for just one day. I am hoping that I can go for more than 1 day this year. I was only able to go on Friday last year, and from what I heard a few more dealers showed up on Saturday, so I completely missed them.
I agree that it's a nice mix of dealers. Hopefully the turn-out is a little better this year. Last year it was the same weekend as the Daytona 500, and a lot of people were blaming that as the reason for the less than stellar turn-out.
Bad timing, that would definitely make an impact on traffic. Hopefully this year is better.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:55 PM   #27
Saraste

I have not yet decided if I am going to set up this year. The $3 admission is a red flag for me as no other show in this area charges admission. I will likely talk to Kent at the Maitland show on February 3rd to get some more details. I live 10-15 minutes from the fairgrounds so it an easy show for me to do.

COMC 20% off auto-accept.
Saraste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:14 PM   #28
Rabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraste View Post
I have not yet decided if I am going to set up this year. The $3 admission is a red flag for me as no other show in this area charges admission. I will likely talk to Kent at the Maitland show on February 3rd to get some more details. I live 10-15 minutes from the fairgrounds so it an easy show for me to do.
Has there been an admission fee in the past? I can't remember.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:39 PM   #29
PoPCulture

Does PSA have special show pricing or is submission price same as website making saving on shipping the only benefit?
PoPCulture is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 06:27 AM   #30
Saraste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs View Post
Has there been an admission fee in the past? I can't remember.
There was the first year but not last year.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:05 PM   #31
OLDPAPER

I will be set up at the show as well....2 tables. I have just communicated with the promoter by text. He has told me that Denny McClain is currently scheduled to be signing all 3 days...I will find out more about cost etc.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:46 PM   #32
Bobby32

Mclain cancelled his signing appearance at this show
Bobby32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:27 PM   #33
Rabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby32 View Post
Mclain cancelled his signing appearance at this show
Hopefully they can get someone else.

How did you hear this? Are you setting up at the show?
Old 02-14-2018, 06:53 PM   #34
Bobby32

I emailed Kent, heres his response:

Actually, Denny McLain cancelled yesterday. However, Henry Lawrence- Oakland Raiders 1974-1986 and Scott Sauerbeck - ex-Pittsburgh Pirate 1999-2003 will attend on Saturday afternoon.

I just got back into collecting. I will attend Saturday and have PSA authenticate my Mantle and Feller balls.

Last edited by Bobby32; 02-14-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:28 PM   #35
Tones

Currently debating making the drive. When I lived in CT I used to make the 2 hour drive to White Plains twice a year (January and August show), but something about 3 and half hours each way is irking me. Might go one day and visit my relatives in Spring Hill the another day. Make a weekend out of it!
FT/FS Album: https://ibb.co/album/mSEtwF
Tones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #36
Rabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tones View Post
Currently debating making the drive. When I lived in CT I used to make the 2 hour drive to White Plains twice a year (January and August show), but something about 3 and half hours each way is irking me. Might go one day and visit my relatives in Spring Hill the another day. Make a weekend out of it!
The show is 3 days which is nice. Allows you to be more flexible. I'd recommend checking it out.

I know some Jax dealers will be there too, some of which you've met recently.

Last edited by Rabs; 02-14-2018 at 08:37 PM.
Rabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:09 AM   #37
Bobby32

Ill be making the drive from Orlando on Saturday, trying to take advantage of a bigger show when I can.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:52 PM   #38
djohn

Just over a week away. I'll be there buying cards most of the day on Friday, and hopefully be able to come back later in the weekend to buy some more. I'm hoping to see more bargain bin boxes, especially quarter and dollar boxes with lots of good stuff.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:48 PM   #39
Bobby32

Anyone go to this show last year? How was it?
Old 02-15-2018, 02:38 PM   #40
djohn

Quote:
Anyone go to this show last year? How was it?
I have been each year. Last year wasn't as good as the first year, but a lot of dealers said that was because it was the same weekend as the Daytona 500 and a number of dealers didn't go because of that and some that came were only there on Saturday. Even though last year wasn't as good as the first year, there were still around 30 dealers and lots of variety: singles, boxes, vintage, modern, high-end and low-end, sports and non-sports, memorabilia, autographed pictures, and plenty of great deals.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:56 PM   #41
Rabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn View Post
Just over a week away. I'll be there buying cards most of the day on Friday, and hopefully be able to come back later in the weekend to buy some more. I'm hoping to see more bargain bin boxes, especially quarter and dollar boxes with lots of good stuff.

Me too those are my favorite ones to browse through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2018, 08:19 PM   #42
Saraste

I will be setting up there after all. I am in for 2 tables. I am doing something different for this show. Instead of my showcases and usual binders, I am bringing my wax (on a 5-shelf plastic shelving unit so you know who I am ) as always, but I am keeping my showcases and binders home and am bringing nothing but quarter and dollar boxes. I just finished putting together 10 3-row boxes of baseball. I have about 7 rows of quarter box baseball so far. This is stuff that has not been put out at shows before. I will be doing basketball next then the little bit of football I have. Depending on the room, I will bring complete sets and a box of complete insert sets.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:24 PM   #43
Bobby32

Saraste you bringing anything vintage?
Old 02-15-2018, 09:19 PM   #44
djohn

Quote:
I will be setting up there after all. I am in for 2 tables. I am doing something different for this show. Instead of my showcases and usual binders, I am bringing my wax (on a 5-shelf plastic shelving unit so you know who I am ) as always, but I am keeping my showcases and binders home and am bringing nothing but quarter and dollar boxes. I just finished putting together 10 3-row boxes of baseball. I have about 7 rows of quarter box baseball so far. This is stuff that has not been put out at shows before. I will be doing basketball next then the little bit of football I have. Depending on the room, I will bring complete sets and a box of complete insert sets.
Looking forward to the basketball boxes. If you have newer Ivan Rodriguez or Gary Carter cards in those boxes I will be going through the baseball ones too.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:28 PM   #45
Rabs

Quote:
Will your quarter/dollar boxes be modern or pre-2000s?
Old 02-15-2018, 10:29 PM   #46
Saraste

Quote:
Saraste you bringing anything vintage?
I do not bring vintage though there will be PLENTY there. I know a bunch of the dealers and some specialize in nothing but vintage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs View Post
Will your quarter/dollar boxes be modern or pre-2000s?
It's a good mix from early 80's to present. I will say that the most of any decade in those boxes is probably the 90's. I'm guessing when I get through the basketball, it will be a pretty even mix of 90's-present.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:32 AM   #47
Bobby32

Less than a week away, who is planning on attending? Lets bump this up!
Old 02-18-2018, 07:38 AM   #48
Rabs

Quote:
Less than a week away, who is planning on attending? Lets bump this up!
I plan on being there Saturday.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:02 AM   #49
djohn

I just checked and realized it doesn't start until 2pm on Friday. Guess I didn't need to take the entire day off on Friday, now I have to find something to do with my morning before heading up to the show in the afternoon.
Does anyone know if you have to pay admission for each day, or just once for all 3 days? Since I am going to be somewhat limited with time on Friday, I am hoping that I will be able to make it back in on Saturday or Sunday.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:40 PM   #50
Saraste

I just got off the phone with the promoter and I have a couple of answers...

First, djohn, the 3 dollar admission covers the weekend. Just let them know you are coming multiple days and he will take care of you. Also, there is free admission for anyone 15 and under (and also for significant others if you choose to bring them).

Second, apparently there will be a few dealers coming in from other parts of the country. I am under the impression they will be bringing mostly vintage, but I do not know that for sure.

He has confirmed 30-35 dealers as of right now.

As of now, I have put together 30 rows of baseball, 8 rows of basketball, and a row and a half of football for my dollar boxes. I am up to 7 rows of baseball, 2 rows of basketball and 1 row of football for my quarter boxes. Most of this has been sitting here and has not previously come with me to shows. I will be adding more to my quarter boxes over the next couple of days.