Blowout Cards Forums
2018 flush

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2018, 01:16 PM   #26
Orangejello727
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
I'm disagreeing with ebay being the reason.

Do you live in the US??

The reason I ask is because everything you just posted is so far off base its not even funny. If you think ANY of this is true you need to stop using ebay until you learn the rules. Not trying to be a dick but misinformation like this can get a lot of people in trouble.

Start here:
https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies...ts-policy.html

MONEY ORDERS ARE NOT AN ACCEPTED FORM OF PAYMENT unless: Its wholesale bullion, large crap that needs to be hand delivered (Cars, Boats, Buildings, Restaurant equipment etc), real estate or porn.

The reason for ebays tracking rules is because the seller is RESPONSIBLE for delivery, period, bottom line, no excuses. THAT IS THE LAW. That is REQUIRED by the US government to sell in the USA. Ebay offers seller protection as a courtesy to us to entice us to sell on their site - as a requirement to do that you must provide delivery confirmation in order for them to protect you. You do NOT have to provide it if you wish to waive ALL protection.

If you want to ship internationally on your own risk, then by all means do it, nothing is stopping you. People ship PWE all day, every day. But if you want protection then you need tracking.

As stated before in the original post of me disagreeing with you - Many people refuse to ship overseas because of the risk involved - Just like you said, it takes 10 seconds to open a case. If its damaged it costs me $9 to get it back on top of the $9 I spent to ship it vs $2.66. Small amount for sure but really I can get 3 damage claims in the US vs 1 in Canada, and Austrailia, Japan, China etc is $12.

I'm not saying US sellers shouldn't take the risk if they want to - I'm saying international buyers shouldn't EXPECT us to take the risk. Which some people in here seem to think we should.
The 2 statements highlighted above contradict themselves. Its your responsibility but you shouldnt have to take the risk. What you are saying is a seller should assume 100% responsibility but not take the risk?

eBay should charge the seller an extra fee for the buyer taking the risk of the seller accepting payment first. That fee is so the seller doesnt take off with the money and not send the item. Would that be fair? WHy should the buyer have to worry about the seller not delivering his end and taking off with the money and wasting the buyers time?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:17 PM   #27
bigbov
Member
 
bigbov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Home of the 2003 NCAA Champs
Posts: 1,315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Actually the item is your responsibility till it is in the buyers hand and is satisfied. Until then, it is your assumed responsibility. Just like any transaction.

I agree though about it being an option. If you choose to you use it, I have no issues with it. The only up for debate here is it being a money making scheme that gouges buyers. I believe it does.
Fair enough... I do agree w/ you that I'm sure it is awful for the buyer. I know I've had requests to circumvent the program and when I wouldn't I was asked to cancel. I always do as I wouldn't want to pay the $ either. I just won't ship overseas w/o it.
__________________
Currently Buying/Trading for the following:
Carmelo Anthony

Always: Former Syracuse FBall & BBall in SU uniform
bigbov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:34 PM   #28
3AND4
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 373
Default

Branesergen;13215335 I'm disagreeing with ebay being the reason.

Do you live in the US??
Yes

The reason I ask is because everything you just posted is so far off base its not even funny.

Totally incorrect. Go back & reread my post & tell me how EVERYTHING is so far off base??



If you think ANY of this is true you need to stop using ebay until you learn the rules. Not trying to be a dick but misinformation like this can get a lot of people in trouble.

Everything is off base?? Not even close. Done ebay for years. 1 thing did fall through the cracks as I never say the MO rule completely changed.

Start here:
https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies...ts-policy.html

MONEY ORDERS ARE NOT AN ACCEPTED FORM OF PAYMENT unless: Its wholesale bullion, large crap that needs to be hand delivered (Cars, Boats, Buildings, Restaurant equipment etc), real estate or porn.


I missed that change. Buyers used to have the option of paying with a MO. The rules were sellers could not post they accepted them. Buyers could ask to use them. Wonder when that change happened? I would guess no more than 1-3 years.




The reason for ebays tracking rules is because the seller is RESPONSIBLE for delivery, period, bottom line, no excuses. THAT IS THE LAW. That is REQUIRED by the US government to sell in the USA. Ebay offers seller protection as a courtesy to us to entice us to sell on their site - as a requirement to do that you must provide delivery confirmation in order for them to protect you. You do NOT have to provide it if you wish to waive ALL protection.


That part is confusing. First it seems you are claiming ebay has Tracking rules because of a LAW. Then your last line contradicts it.

The Only LAW you could be speaking about is Delivering a paid for item.

That is anywhere & not ebay specific.

There is NO LAW regarding TRACKING (Unless I missed that one as well LOL). Talking about being way off base.
If I am wrong show me the LAW the requires tracking on Mail Order sales.
If it is a LAW what are the penalties for not using Tracking?
Millions of transactions occur everyday without tracking.
Other sites function without requiring Tracking.
Is the US Gov coming after these forums for the transactions using PWE?
Now if you mean a seller has to deliver an item well Duh of course.
There are exceptions beyond a sellers control ( USPS Losing an item). In which case a refund gets provided.
If you are talking about fraud ( Not sending item etc) that is criminal. There are No added criminal charges for not providing a tracking number.

Ebay also has many PWE transactions. If it was a LAW they would stop ALL untracked transactions. All Ebay does is ding stars when tracking is not provided & of course you lose seller protection.

Now if you sell an item & a buyers claims they didnt get it the sellers does have to prove shipping & if they dont use tracking would be stuck refunding.

But there is no law to use tracking.





If you want to ship internationally on your own risk, then by all means do it, nothing is stopping you. People ship PWE all day, every day. But if you want protection then you need tracking.


I am not saying at own risk. It would be buyers risk. But I also am referring to cheaper items & my fault for not making that clear before.



As stated before in the original post of me disagreeing with you - Many people refuse to ship overseas because of the risk involved - Just like you said, it takes 10 seconds to open a case. If its damaged it costs me $9 to get it back on top of the $9 I spent to ship it vs $2.66. Small amount for sure but really I can get 3 damage claims in the US vs 1 in Canada, and Austrailia, Japan, China etc is $12.


Do you mean damage in transit? As SNAD claims are not covered by gsp correct? I dont disagree about the risk at all. I wont ship overseas because of the risk with the exception of payments by IPMO.



As I said many people would ship overseas if the risk was gone.



I'm not saying US sellers shouldn't take the risk if they want to - I'm saying international buyers shouldn't EXPECT us to take the risk. Which some people in here seem to think we should.[/QUOTE]


I am 100% in agreement as I stated.

I would ship overseas in a heartbeat if not for the tracking rules.

The problem with the tracking rules ( Non gsp ) is unless a buyer pays a fortune is shipping there is no tracking available.

So of course with the rules as is gsp is the ONLY way to go for sellers.


The unfair part is for overseas buyers trying to get cheaper items & not wanting to get hosed to do it.

Why should they not be allowed to buy a card with a IPMO & yes assume some risk to save a lot of money?

We should be trying to spread the hobby instead of restricting it.

I should say I sold cheap items so nothing of mine was over $25.00 going overseas.

If a more expensive item BOTH sides need full protection.

But on cheap items save money. As I said never has a problem in all the years I did ship overseas.

I take no exception with sellers using gsp as that is just smart based on the rules.

I take exception to buyers not being able to use PO on Cheaper transactions to save money.

I have never had $500 cards going to China etc.

I was more $10.00 Mags going to South America LOL

So I should have made clear I was speaking on cheaper items.


PS Remember Just taking my next to last line of previous post for 1 example

"Yes gsp IS the only protection for sellers in this current system."

So how is that so far off base its not even funny. ????

LOL
3AND4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:49 PM   #29
Branesergen
Member
 
Branesergen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montgomery Texas
Posts: 6,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
The 2 statements highlighted above contradict themselves. Its your responsibility but you shouldnt have to take the risk. What you are saying is a seller should assume 100% responsibility but not take the risk?

eBay should charge the seller an extra fee for the buyer taking the risk of the seller accepting payment first. That fee is so the seller doesnt take off with the money and not send the item. Would that be fair? WHy should the buyer have to worry about the seller not delivering his end and taking off with the money and wasting the buyers time?
You're an international buyer. I can opt out of shipping to you all together. I don't even have to acknowledge your desire to buy my item. I don't have to offer shipping to you, nor do I have to ship to you. I can even choose not to ship to Alaska, Hawaii and PO Boxes if I want to as well and they are in the states!

If you want to purchase from the states you can do either of these:
Move to the states
Get a US address
Use GSP
Only buy from sellers who want to take the risk

Your contract with me stops once your new item gets to Kentucky, at that point your contract with GSP to get the item the rest of the way to you takes over.

I don't want to take the risk, therefore I do not have to. If you would like to pay for the risk then the option is there for you, if not then kick rocks. You're acting no different than a buyer trying to force a seller to ship PWE because you don't want to pay the $3 shipping fee. GSP IS NOT A SERVICE FOR ME, IT IS AN OPTION FOR YOU.
__________________
I will never buy a used car. I knew this one guy who bought a used car once and 10 years later...BAM!...Herpes.
Did you eat the whole bowl of stupid this morning??

Last edited by Branesergen; 02-04-2018 at 03:04 PM.
Branesergen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:00 PM   #30
Branesergen
Member
 
Branesergen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montgomery Texas
Posts: 6,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3AND4 View Post
Branesergen;13215335 I'm disagreeing with ebay being the reason.

Do you live in the US??
Yes

The reason I ask is because everything you just posted is so far off base its not even funny.

Totally incorrect. Go back & reread my post & tell me how EVERYTHING is so far off base??

See highlighted below

If you think ANY of this is true you need to stop using ebay until you learn the rules. Not trying to be a dick but misinformation like this can get a lot of people in trouble.

Everything is off base?? Not even close. Done ebay for years. 1 thing did fall through the cracks as I never say the MO rule completely changed.

Start here:
https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies...ts-policy.html

MONEY ORDERS ARE NOT AN ACCEPTED FORM OF PAYMENT unless: Its wholesale bullion, large crap that needs to be hand delivered (Cars, Boats, Buildings, Restaurant equipment etc), real estate or porn.


I missed that change. Buyers used to have the option of paying with a MO. The rules were sellers could not post they accepted them. Buyers could ask to use them. Wonder when that change happened? I would guess no more than 1-3 years.

Its been at least 4 years - if you scroll down you'll see the actual quoted rule that I sent you dated Jan 15 2014. So now how often have you misinformed people in 4 years? Seems like a long time to me, maybe not to you tho. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying...qaq-p/19058765


The reason for ebays tracking rules is because the seller is RESPONSIBLE for delivery, period, bottom line, no excuses. THAT IS THE LAW. That is REQUIRED by the US government to sell in the USA. Ebay offers seller protection as a courtesy to us to entice us to sell on their site - as a requirement to do that you must provide delivery confirmation in order for them to protect you. You do NOT have to provide it if you wish to waive ALL protection.


That part is confusing. First it seems you are claiming ebay has Tracking rules because of a LAW. Then your last line contradicts it.

Maybe I wrote it confusingly? the law requires that a seller is responsible for deliver. If I buy an item and don't get it or its damaged then YOU are responsible to send me another one or refund my money, regardless if it shows delivered or not.
Ebay offers sellers protection - while they don't protect you from lost or damaged they offer delivery protection, meaning they will issue the refund should your item show delivered instead of you footing the bill.


The Only LAW you could be speaking about is Delivering a paid for item.

That is anywhere & not ebay specific.


That is correct as stated above.


There is NO LAW regarding TRACKING (Unless I missed that one as well LOL).
I never said it was a law - I stated this: Ebay offers seller protection as a courtesy to us to entice us to sell on their site - as a requirement to do that you must provide delivery confirmation in order for them to protect you

Talking about being way off base.
If I am wrong show me the LAW the requires tracking on Mail Order sales.
If it is a LAW what are the penalties for not using Tracking?
Millions of transactions occur everyday without tracking.
Other sites function without requiring Tracking.
Is the US Gov coming after these forums for the transactions using PWE?
Now if you mean a seller has to deliver an item well Duh of course.
There are exceptions beyond a sellers control ( USPS Losing an item). In which case a refund gets provided.
If you are talking about fraud ( Not sending item etc) that is criminal. There are No added criminal charges for not providing a tracking number.

Ebay also has many PWE transactions. If it was a LAW they would stop ALL untracked transactions. All Ebay does is ding stars when tracking is not provided & of course you lose seller protection.

Now if you sell an item & a buyers claims they didnt get it the sellers does have to prove shipping & if they dont use tracking would be stuck refunding.

But there is no law to use tracking.



Talk about way off base again - I never said tracking was law, I said ebay requires it for seller protection LOL


If you want to ship internationally on your own risk, then by all means do it, nothing is stopping you. People ship PWE all day, every day. But if you want protection then you need tracking.


I am not saying at own risk. It would be buyers risk. But I also am referring to cheaper items & my fault for not making that clear before.



As stated before in the original post of me disagreeing with you - Many people refuse to ship overseas because of the risk involved - Just like you said, it takes 10 seconds to open a case. If its damaged it costs me $9 to get it back on top of the $9 I spent to ship it vs $2.66. Small amount for sure but really I can get 3 damage claims in the US vs 1 in Canada, and Austrailia, Japan, China etc is $12.


Do you mean damage in transit? As SNAD claims are not covered by gsp correct? I dont disagree about the risk at all. I wont ship overseas because of the risk with the exception of payments by IPMO.



As I said many people would ship overseas if the risk was gone.



I'm not saying US sellers shouldn't take the risk if they want to - I'm saying international buyers shouldn't EXPECT us to take the risk. Which some people in here seem to think we should.

I am 100% in agreement as I stated.

I would ship overseas in a heartbeat if not for the tracking rules.

The problem with the tracking rules ( Non gsp ) is unless a buyer pays a fortune is shipping there is no tracking available.

So of course with the rules as is gsp is the ONLY way to go for sellers.


The unfair part is for overseas buyers trying to get cheaper items & not wanting to get hosed to do it.

Why should they not be allowed to buy a card with a IPMO & yes assume some risk to save a lot of money?

We should be trying to spread the hobby instead of restricting it.


ETA: While I agree fully, it is not a risk I want to take, nor many other people. There are too many more variables involved especially with untracked items. Buyers are just as paranoid of dishonest sellers as sellers are as paranoid of dishonest buyers.

I should say I sold cheap items so nothing of mine was over $25.00 going overseas.

If a more expensive item BOTH sides need full protection.

But on cheap items save money. As I said never has a problem in all the years I did ship overseas.

I take no exception with sellers using gsp as that is just smart based on the rules.

I take exception to buyers not being able to use PO on Cheaper transactions to save money.

I have never had $500 cards going to China etc.

I was more $10.00 Mags going to South America LOL

So I should have made clear I was speaking on cheaper items.


PS Remember Just taking my next to last line of previous post for 1 example

"Yes gsp IS the only protection for sellers in this current system."

So how is that so far off base its not even funny. ????

LOL[/QUOTE]


I stopped there - maybe it is you who should go reread what I posted.
you're wrong about money orders and you missed the part where I said it was a courtesy by ebay to offer seller protection as long as you ship with tracking. I even mentioned people shipping PWE all day every day lol



ETA again: Just because I'm bored. Its been 10 years LOL https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archiv...Y/td-p/2882306
__________________
I will never buy a used car. I knew this one guy who bought a used car once and 10 years later...BAM!...Herpes.
Did you eat the whole bowl of stupid this morning??

Last edited by Branesergen; 02-04-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Branesergen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:35 PM   #31
Orangejello727
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
You're an international buyer. I can opt out of shipping to you all together. I don't even have to acknowledge your desire to buy my item. I don't have to offer shipping to you, nor do I have to ship to you. I can even choose not to ship to Alaska, Hawaii and PO Boxes if I want to as well and they are in the states!

If you want to purchase from the states you can do either of these:
Move to the states
Get a US address
Use GSP
Only buy from sellers who want to take the risk

Your contract with me stops once your new item gets to Kentucky, at that point your contract with GSP to get the item the rest of the way to you takes over.

I don't want to take the risk, therefore I do not have to. If you would like to pay for the risk then the option is there for you, if not then kick rocks. You're acting no different than a buyer trying to force a seller to ship PWE because you don't want to pay the $3 shipping fee. GSP IS NOT A SERVICE FOR ME, IT IS AN OPTION FOR YOU.
These are the reasons why I choose not to buy from arrogant sellers like you. I would keep going here but its obvious you think you have sort of privilege. Whether that arrogance comes from thinking you are at the centre of the universe or its just a personal thing, I would not know. You probably expect me to thank you for giving me the opportunity to sell to me LOL. Thanks but no thanks.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:42 PM   #32
Branesergen
Member
 
Branesergen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montgomery Texas
Posts: 6,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
These are the reasons why I choose not to buy from arrogant sellers like you. I would keep going here but its obvious you think you have sort of privilege. Whether that arrogance comes from thinking you are at the centre of the universe or its just a personal thing, I would not know. You probably expect me to thank you for giving me the opportunity to sell to me LOL. Thanks but no thanks.
And you seem to think you're entitled to buy from the States.

Shipping overseas is like driving 3 hours to the grocery store when there is one right on the corner of my street.

I'm not arrogant - I simply don't care. There is ZERO need for me to take the extra time, spend the extra money, and deal with the possible extra headaches to send international when I can sell it in my own backyard for a fraction of the time, a fraction of the money spent, and a fraction of the headache.

You seem to think sellers should bend over backwards to take your money. I guess you expect me to say thank you for buying from me LOL


Just to clarify - When I say "You" I mean the collective you, the random buyer on ebay. On here I'd ship internationally, if I sold on here. And if you personally, reached out to me on ebay and asked I'd bypass the GSP. Some Joe Schmoe that I dont know is getting GSP all day, every day.
__________________
I will never buy a used car. I knew this one guy who bought a used car once and 10 years later...BAM!...Herpes.
Did you eat the whole bowl of stupid this morning??

Last edited by Branesergen; 02-04-2018 at 03:50 PM.
Branesergen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 05:39 PM   #33
3AND4
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 373
Default

ETA again: Just because I'm bored. Its been 10 years LOL https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archiv...Y/td-p/2882306

Thats a message board post that does not show the complete policy. If a buyer wanted to use a Check or MO they still could. Your link above was regarding the policy that changed Sellers being allowed to ask or state they use them



Its been at least 4 years - if you scroll down you'll see the actual quoted rule that I sent you dated Jan 15 2014. So now how often have you misinformed people in 4 years? Seems like a long time to me, maybe not to you tho. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying...qaq-p/19058765

OH MY I made a mistake!!! I guess you never made a mistake or overlooked anything in your life. At least I can admit when I did. I wonder if you can?
3AND4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 07:06 PM   #34
Branesergen
Member
 
Branesergen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montgomery Texas
Posts: 6,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3AND4 View Post
ETA again: Just because I'm bored. Its been 10 years LOL https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archiv...Y/td-p/2882306

Thats a message board post that does not show the complete policy. If a buyer wanted to use a Check or MO they still could. Your link above was regarding the policy that changed Sellers being allowed to ask or state they use them



Its been at least 4 years - if you scroll down you'll see the actual quoted rule that I sent you dated Jan 15 2014. So now how often have you misinformed people in 4 years? Seems like a long time to me, maybe not to you tho. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying...qaq-p/19058765

OH MY I made a mistake!!! I guess you never made a mistake or overlooked anything in your life. At least I can admit when I did. I wonder if you can?
I've admitted both times I was wrong in my life.

Jokes! I'm kidding! Easy Tiger!
__________________
I will never buy a used car. I knew this one guy who bought a used car once and 10 years later...BAM!...Herpes.
Did you eat the whole bowl of stupid this morning??
Branesergen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:18 PM   #35
3AND4
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
I've admitted both times I was wrong in my life.

Jokes! I'm kidding! Easy Tiger!

LMAO!
3AND4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:25 AM   #36
13goyankees13
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Because I own the, of course I insure them. But I wouldnt insure your property for you!! THats exactly what GSP is. Getting someone else to insure your item for sale. When you really think about it, its a big sham. Buyers are forced to pay more to take on the sellers risk. Why should a buyer assume a sellers risk? Its not as if the seller assumes the buyers risk at anytime when the buyer pays?? WHats to stop the seller from taking off with their money? If you say paypal or CC company? Yea well I as a buyer pay these companies for that insurance.
Here's what you are missing: by far, sports cards are an American thing. The standard is to ship to an American address for around $3. If a buyer wants something different such as international shipping, that's entirely on them.

As a buyer, you don't need to assume a seller's risk. If you want, you can only buy from sellers in your country. But if you want to buy from the US, you need to pay for GSP because it's the only way for it to be profitable to sell internationally so it's the only way sellers will sell to you. Would you prefer that US sellers just stop selling internationally? Because that's what would happen if sellers paid for GSP. It would make more sense to just cut out the small percentage of international buyers and risk selling at a lower price.
__________________
Current PC players/teams: Columbus Blue Jackets, 2000s Yankees, Golden Gophers alumni, and Tom Murphy. I mostly collect TTM/IP autos now.
Also a Vikings and Timberwolves fan, and the Twins and Wild as long as they aren't playing the Yankees or Jackets.
13goyankees13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:04 PM   #37
smalltown
Member
 
smalltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,934
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
GSP IS NOT A SERVICE FOR ME, IT IS AN OPTION FOR YOU.
Not to get too much into it. But:

1. GPS is a service for you, the seller.
2. GPS is not an option for buyers if the seller chooses to use the service.
__________________
Collecting: Raptors, Canadian Basketball Players, Vintage & More.
PC: https://www.instagram.com/smalltown.cards/
smalltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:56 PM   #38
Orangejello727
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
And you seem to think you're entitled to buy from the States.

Shipping overseas is like driving 3 hours to the grocery store when there is one right on the corner of my street.

I'm not arrogant - I simply don't care. There is ZERO need for me to take the extra time, spend the extra money, and deal with the possible extra headaches to send international when I can sell it in my own backyard for a fraction of the time, a fraction of the money spent, and a fraction of the headache.

You seem to think sellers should bend over backwards to take your money. I guess you expect me to say thank you for buying from me LOL


Just to clarify - When I say "You" I mean the collective you, the random buyer on ebay. On here I'd ship internationally, if I sold on here. And if you personally, reached out to me on ebay and asked I'd bypass the GSP. Some Joe Schmoe that I dont know is getting GSP all day, every day.
Okay. If you really think selling to international is a chore, then please tell us why you do it?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:02 PM   #39
Orangejello727
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13goyankees13 View Post
Here's what you are missing: by far, sports cards are an American thing. The standard is to ship to an American address for around $3. If a buyer wants something different such as international shipping, that's entirely on them.

As a buyer, you don't need to assume a seller's risk. If you want, you can only buy from sellers in your country. But if you want to buy from the US, you need to pay for GSP because it's the only way for it to be profitable to sell internationally so it's the only way sellers will sell to you. Would you prefer that US sellers just stop selling internationally? Because that's what would happen if sellers paid for GSP. It would make more sense to just cut out the small percentage of international buyers and risk selling at a lower price.
I do. I prefer US sellers to stop selling internationally if they are not willing to be responsible for doing it. Thats exactly what I am saying. Do you want buyers to stop buying if they chose to charge the seller a fee for using a 3rd party to handle their buying? I bet your answer would be the same as mine. Who in their right minds wants to pay twice for something that can be done in a single transaction. Thats exactly what you are telling me to do with GSP. Please let us not use this excuse that you sell internationally as a favor to us. You do it to increase sales. Nothing more. You benefit from it, as we do it having the opportunity to purchase. its a win win for both of us. Dont make it sound like you are doing me the favor.

You are telling me to pay YOU $10 so you can ship the item I bought from YOU to KY. Then you are asking me to pay another $10 for KY to ship the item to me. I could have just paid you $10 and you could have shipped it to me in the EXACT same manner. Tracked with confirmation of delivery which is proof for the payment. You would be protected 100% as much as having GSP do it and protect you. The only difference? I dont need to shell out $10 for your paranoia.

Imagine we did that with payments? Imagine a buyer told a seller I will buy that item for $100. But you need to pay me $20 in order for you to sell me that item. If you ask why, its because I want you to pay $20 to make sure you dont take my money and send me an empty mailer. How does that sound? I mean I want to protect myself and I want you to pay for that protection. Does that sound fair?

Last edited by Orangejello727; 02-05-2018 at 04:05 PM.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:08 PM   #40
Branesergen
Member
 
Branesergen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montgomery Texas
Posts: 6,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Okay. If you really think selling to international is a chore, then please tell us why you do it?
I don't do it. I offer a service like GSP to allow those that want to pay for that service to use that service. No sense in punishing the few who want to use it to appease those that don't.
__________________
I will never buy a used car. I knew this one guy who bought a used car once and 10 years later...BAM!...Herpes.
Did you eat the whole bowl of stupid this morning??
Branesergen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:29 PM   #41
Branesergen
Member
 
Branesergen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montgomery Texas
Posts: 6,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltown View Post
Not to get too much into it. But:

1. GPS is a service for you, the seller.
2. GPS is not an option for buyers if the seller chooses to use the service.
If it was a service for sellers they would get charged to use it. It really is a service for both of us, the main difference is a seller doesn't need it to sell his/her items. Nothing changes for us if it was taken away except 2 or 3 sales a month. If its taken away for buyers, you have no other options but go out and find an option and basically deal with the same issues you face with GSP. GSP was created for the abundance of international buyers and the overall stigma of shipping overseas by sellers. Sellers flat out refuse to ship overseas. Thousands of stores in the US refuse to ship overseas. This is why freight forwards like GSP make a killing. GSP was created and partnered with ebay to bring us together - for a price.

Take it or leave it, it makes absolutely no difference in my day to day life or day to day sales. I'm not forcing anyone to use it, there are other options available for you to use.
__________________
I will never buy a used car. I knew this one guy who bought a used car once and 10 years later...BAM!...Herpes.
Did you eat the whole bowl of stupid this morning??
Branesergen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:52 PM   #42
13goyankees13
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I do. I prefer US sellers to stop selling internationally if they are not willing to be responsible for doing it.
Sellers offer you a product with a set shipping service. It is entirely your choice whether or not to buy. If you don't want GSP, don't buy from sellers using GSP. What is so irresponsible about offering something you don't want? That would be like me saying that every listing of cards I don't collect is irresponsible. They're not, they just aren't what I'm interested in.

Quote:
Do you want buyers to stop buying if they chose to charge the seller a fee for using a 3rd party to handle their buying? I bet your answer would be the same as mine.
You're making up analogies that make no sense. Sellers offer items and services which users choose to buy or not buy. If they don't like the offering, they ignore it. Everyone who buys an item agrees to the terms of the listing. If buyers could charge sellers, it would be unfair as they would have no control over the situation. Buyers have complete control in the sense that they can not bid on or buy listings they dislike.

Quote:
Please let us not use this excuse that you sell internationally as a favor to us. You do it to increase sales. Nothing more. You benefit from it, as we do it having the opportunity to purchase. its a win win for both of us. Dont make it sound like you are doing me the favor.
You're right. But turn it around - since buyers don't like GSP, wouldn't sellers want to stay away from it to reduce the cost to buyers? If sellers were comfortable with regular international shipping now, they would offer it. The fact that they're not offering it means that they'd want more money because of the risk they are taking on, which means if they didn't use GSP, they'd need to sell at higher prices to make it worthwhile.

Quote:
Imagine we did that with payments? Imagine a buyer told a seller I will buy that item for $100. But you need to pay me $20 in order for you to sell me that item. If you ask why, its because I want you to pay $20 to make sure you dont take my money and send me an empty mailer. How does that sound? I mean I want to protect myself and I want you to pay for that protection. Does that sound fair?
Don't think of it in terms of paying for services, think of it as paying for a product in your hand.

In the case of GSP, your cost is the item cost plus the shipping cost. The shipping method doesn't matter to you other than for the price. Say you buy a card for $10 with $20 shipping. Just look at it as $30 for the card in your hand. If you want it at that price, buy it. If not, ignore it.

In your example, the seller would ignore the details and view it as an $80 offer. If it's a card they are willing to sell for $80, they'll take the offer. If not, they'll say no and look for a new buyer.

There's nothing unfair about it. It would be unfair if someone was being deceptive. That's not the case with GSP. The case is that sellers prices are higher than you'd like and possibly higher than you're willing to pay. It's just the same as if someone priced a junk wax common for $50. Nothing unfair, just a price you are unwilling to pay. It would only be unfair if you agreed to a cheaper shipping method and then were asked to switch to GSP.
__________________
Current PC players/teams: Columbus Blue Jackets, 2000s Yankees, Golden Gophers alumni, and Tom Murphy. I mostly collect TTM/IP autos now.
Also a Vikings and Timberwolves fan, and the Twins and Wild as long as they aren't playing the Yankees or Jackets.
13goyankees13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 10:29 AM   #43
LadyKitty
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 99
Default

I absolutely see the appeal for sellers but for buyers it stinks.

I also think some on this thread need to Google "USPS e DELCON".

This tracks and confirms delivery 9 times out of 10 in my own experience as the buyer.

It is of course dependent on destination country scanning, as is any tracking service (including GSP) which operates internationally.
__________________
eBay id available upon request.

Last edited by LadyKitty; 02-11-2018 at 10:34 AM.
LadyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:45 PM   #44
Uwfootball1
Member
 
Uwfootball1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 547
Default

Gsp makes me spend a lot of money to get stuff to Canada, I also have a USA address because of this. Got a seller to opt out of GSP on a GU Jersey I bought saved 40$ USD.
__________________
B.J. Ryan Supercollector
List of needs: http://goo.gl/iAXKi3
284/492 currently
Uwfootball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:03 AM   #45
Vintagecollect
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 416
Default

So he ends up switching his address to a COMC box, and buys some graded cards. Now he is returning them as he "changed his mind".


What a waste of time
__________________
Signed 1952 topps 380/407

"You literally asked a question and quoted the answer"
Vintagecollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 03:57 PM   #46
shrevecity
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 13,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintagecollect View Post
So he ends up switching his address to a COMC box, and buys some graded cards. Now he is returning them as he "changed his mind".


What a waste of time
Just be glad you did not go with his other address and skip on the GSP.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:32 AM   #47
Vintagecollect
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 416
Default

After all this, I appealled to eBay. Minutes later the returns were cancelled and the guys is NARU
__________________
Signed 1952 topps 380/407

"You literally asked a question and quoted the answer"
Vintagecollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:34 PM   #48
Branesergen
Member
 
Branesergen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montgomery Texas
Posts: 6,430
Default

Man I must have really been bored during the height of this thread lol
__________________
I will never buy a used car. I knew this one guy who bought a used car once and 10 years later...BAM!...Herpes.
Did you eat the whole bowl of stupid this morning??
Branesergen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 07:20 PM   #49
dbackschamp2001
Member
 
dbackschamp2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 1,423
Default

The "Greedbay" thing cracked me up. How dare a business want to make as much money as they can! Lol
dbackschamp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:54 PM   #50
northwellguy
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintagecollect View Post
here is his excuse, is this a scam?

Please choose not to use the Global Shipping Program. Under the Global Shipping Program, both buyer and seller cede legal representation and responsibility to Pitney Bowes and EBay. EBayś Global Shipping Program charges import/export charges and fees in excess of the import/export and Value Added Tax or VAT regime. This is to cover their costs and margin.
Your buyer is correct

It's a scam from EBay and PB that unfairly punishes non-US buyers

You'll notice there is no GLOBAL program for people sending to the US. The rest of us minions around the world apparently have to make due without it.

The reason? American buyers would revolt at the greedy excess.
__________________
Looking for: PSA/JSA/BAS celebrity 8x10's and any "24" auto, prop, or costume cards
northwellguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.