Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Mad

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 02-12-2018, 04:41 PM   #1
BGT Masters

Default Ebay Return Request

I sold a Nick Foles and no surprise I got a return request. There reasoning on ebay was "Just didn't like it" under comments "Did not like how the card looked." Ebay says I don't have to issue a return my question if I don't can they still leave negative for me refusing the request? And if I do deny it can they just go through paypal?
Old 02-12-2018, 05:12 PM   #2
cruiserdaddy7

I'd guess they will then say it's not as described and then you get to pay the return costs as well plus risk a negative
Old 02-12-2018, 07:29 PM   #3
Big35Hurt

1) Out the user ID for the guy doing this
2) I would just accept the return, issue the refund, block him, and move on
Please don't message me offering to buy something I posted in a pickup thread - I will post it in the buy/sell section if I am looking to move it. And unsolicited messages offering to sell something will be deleted.
Big35Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:26 PM   #4
BGT Masters

Well I just got home and got my negative. Oh well. Its just not in me to let them back out on a deal because Foles prices have dipped. The reason why the issue is rampant is everyone lets them do it because its not worth the headache. Their ID is gtcaz
Old 02-12-2018, 10:46 PM   #5
Big35Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGT Masters View Post
Well I just got home and got my negative. Oh well. Its just not in me to let them back out on a deal because Foles prices have dipped. The reason why the issue is rampant is everyone lets them do it because its not worth the headache. Their ID is gtcaz
That sucks. Ebay enables this kind of behavior so I refuse to sell cards there. If you haven't already done so, you can leave a false positive for feedback and of course block him.
Please don't message me offering to buy something I posted in a pickup thread - I will post it in the buy/sell section if I am looking to move it. And unsolicited messages offering to sell something will be deleted.
Big35Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:34 PM   #6
BGT Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big35Hurt View Post
That sucks. Ebay enables this kind of behavior so I refuse to sell cards there. If you haven't already done so, you can leave a false positive for feedback and of course block him.
I will try and get it removed tomorrow but how he worded the negative it might be tough. Don't get me wrong I still care about getting a neg but years ago when I was more active I would have been pretty pissed. I'm more disappointed now on how people act more so than I am about my ebay feedback. It just makes me not want to sell things on ebay. The main reason I quit collecting sports cards was because of the growth of this type of behavior in the hobby.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:09 AM   #7
Giantrobot

Ebay's policies do suck for the seller. The bigger issue is the rampact lack of respect and honesty in the human race. Not sure how to fix that.
Giantrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:52 PM   #8
BGT Masters

Well I just finally got around to calling them and its been quite sometime since I have contacted ebay. I was shocked at a one minute hold time, I was shocked someone I could understand was on the line. And I was shocked they are removing my negative feedback without any hassle. Entire call took 2-3 minutes. Huh. I don't know what to say at this point, not the ebay experience I am used to as a seller.

edit: And I just looked, its actually gone. EBay's screwing with me, right? What is today's equivalent to getting punk'd?

Last edited by BGT Masters; 02-17-2018 at 01:58 PM.
BGT Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:26 PM   #9
Branesergen

April Fools!
Old 02-18-2018, 07:33 PM   #10
vollybal

Just had someone request a return for a Fultz Silver Prizm claiming there are issues with the card as the pictures he posted show no damage at all. He claims there is a surface issue at the arm of the picture and it is clearly a glare as the card I sent him does not have that but it does have the same glare on the card lower in the card...I then went and informed him that I was contacting Ebay as this was not right. He replied back yeah, contact Ebay.

So Now I talked to ebay and they were nice but I have to wait until the 3 business days to allow Ebay to get involved. They wanted me to get more specific information from the seller. I tried but when I did, He put a negative and called me very rude, which then I reported him for.

I was not being rude at all, I was respectful of what Ebay needed in order to get the infomation and it was not rude. Then he replies, "Wil you just accept the return so I can ship it back"...Yeah don;t think so...This will be interesting as the Ebay rep agreed with me on the lack of damage, but we all know Ebay and how they love to side with Buyers...Wish Me Luck!!!
vollybal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:52 PM   #11
kerg

Buyer has an issue with cutlery sets.
kerg is offline   Reply With Quote