Blowout Cards Forums
2018 Big Baller

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 02-16-2018, 07:09 PM   #1
Default Fake MLB Hologram Game Used Jersey

I'm not exactly sure where something like this should be posted so I'll put it here. I don't think anything can be done but I feel like I need to put this out there. I will do my best to try and explain everything clearly and easy to understand.

I bought a Luis Severino game used jersey with MLB authentication (JB972337) from 9/26/16. In MLB's database, it says it was used during the 2nd inning. Severino was ejected 2 pitches into the 2nd inning after hitting a batter. So he only pitched in the 1st and 2nd inning. Looking through the database, I came across hologram JB972290 which is a Luis Severino game used used worn during the 1st inning of the same game. This came off as a surprise as I didn't think players would switch jerseys mid game. Coincidentally, this whole game is on YouTube. Here is the link. I investigated to see if I could spot any similarities I may be able to find in the video. Surprisingly, I was able to find a, for lack of a better term, booger on the front of the jersey that was on the jerseys in the 1st and 2nd inning as well as the jersey I have. The pictures are attached. It may be hard to see in the pictures because I had to resize them so the times for the YouTube images can be found at 19:08 for the 1st inning and 38:58 for the 2nd inning. I contacted MLB to see if the jersey had just been mislabeled or if this is just coincidence. They basically told me that there is 2 jerseys and that they don't authenticate with pictures. That was hard to believe since the spot is clearly there in all 3 pictures. About a month later, the jersey from the 1st inning showed up on eBay. The seller was a very reputable re-seller that works with Steiner who also authenticated both jerseys. I contacted them and told them my story and they ended up pulling the jersey and will not be selling it. This leads me to believe that they think the jersey is mis-authenticated.

This whole experience was alarming in the fact that what I thought was the most reputable authenticator in MLB has actually mis-authenticated a game used jersey. I'm not really sure what will come of this post, I just want to share my story.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Severino jersey 2nd Inning.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	298.7 KB
ID:	406293   Click image for larger version

Name:	Severino jersey 1st Inning.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	297.8 KB
ID:	406294   Click image for larger version

Name:	Severino jersey .jpg
Views:	34