Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 02-06-2015, 01:24 PM   #226
Swipe79

Easy girls - if the situation is exactly as laid out by the original poster, it goes against their own TOS. I would like to hear what they have to say about the situation - has anyone been in direct contact about this?
Old 02-06-2015, 01:30 PM   #227
Chaddie84

Quote:
Originally Posted by hundley View Post
I would suggest against getting too comfortable with flipping on COMC. They're clearly trying to phase that out as much as possible.

Here's my recent flip experience:

Some seller was having a sale the other day and I plucked this card for $3.50:

2010 Upper Deck Gold #40 - Madison Bumgarner /99
Courtesy of COMC.com

Pretty darn good deal, I thought. I don't think this is a truly phenomenal card, but Bumgarner is kinda noteworthy right now. I re-priced it just under $50.

Fast-forward a couple days ahead. I'm a night owl and stay up late due to the work I do. I get an offer for $25 for this card while I was asleep. That's not bad. Maybe a little little lower than I would have liked, but I'd take that. Unfortunately, before I can accept the offer, I get the following email and the card is removed from my inventory:

So yeah, apparently sales are absolutely not final on this site, and if the person who sold you the card doesn't like the fact that you've priced it that much higher than they did, they're able to reclaim the card with your pricing expertise as justification. I've actually still got the offer from the buyer sitting in my offers tab, but I can't accept it.

This isn't an isolated incident, either. I'm a pretty active flipper and have had this happen to me a bunch of times over the past couple months, and it's getting progressively more and more frequent now. This has just been the first time where I'm literally still looking at the offer but can't accept it. I'm not even sure why I'm still endeavoring to flip on this site, because their recent actions suggest that they're trying to get as far away from that practice as they can, despite the fact that this was supposed to be one of the primary reasons people should bother using the site. It's getting to be a waste of time now.

So as a reminder, if you think you're gotten too good a deal on a card on COMC, you probably have and they'll just reverse it if they feel like it, particularly if the original seller doesn't like the fact that you know more about the value of their cards than they do.
That's too bad. There's been a couple occasions as a seller when I use the Bulk Price Editing tool and accidentally mark a $3-4 card for a quarter. They usually get snapped up and flipped within minutes. That said, I don't go to COMC for a reversal. That was my mistake so I should eat it.

On the flip side, I've come across cards which I can only assume were mispriced and have purchased them at a really good price for the purpose of flipping.

It's an interesting topic, but I feel COMC is setting a dangerous precedent with the reversals. Now every Tom, Dick or Harry and just go to COMC claiming a "mistake" when they feel the got in on the bad end of a sale.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:31 PM   #228
OLDPAPER

Moe just answered on the other thread...he says if both parties agree then it will be reversed....well..no kidding...that does not appear to be what happened here...
Old 02-06-2015, 01:32 PM   #229
MoeCOMC
Inactive Account

Hi,

This was just brought to my attention; can you tell me who sent you the email? The policy I've been following, as set out by Tim, is that we're supposed to get permission from the card buyer before we reverse a sale - that it's not supposed to be done "one-sided" like this.

Can you send me the details of any of these situation and I'll forward them to the processing team...it's not supposed to go down like this, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Quote:
I would suggest against getting too comfortable with flipping on COMC. They're clearly trying to phase that out as much as possible.

Here's my recent flip experience:

Some seller was having a sale the other day and I plucked this card for $3.50:

2010 Upper Deck Gold #40 - Madison Bumgarner /99
Courtesy of COMC.com

Pretty darn good deal, I thought. I don't think this is a truly phenomenal card, but Bumgarner is kinda noteworthy right now. I re-priced it just under $50.

Fast-forward a couple days ahead. I'm a night owl and stay up late due to the work I do. I get an offer for $25 for this card while I was asleep. That's not bad. Maybe a little little lower than I would have liked, but I'd take that. Unfortunately, before I can accept the offer, I get the following email and the card is removed from my inventory:

So yeah, apparently sales are absolutely not final on this site, and if the person who sold you the card doesn't like the fact that you've priced it that much higher than they did, they're able to reclaim the card with your pricing expertise as justification. I've actually still got the offer from the buyer sitting in my offers tab, but I can't accept it.

This isn't an isolated incident, either. I'm a pretty active flipper and have had this happen to me a bunch of times over the past couple months, and it's getting progressively more and more frequent now. This has just been the first time where I'm literally still looking at the offer but can't accept it. I'm not even sure why I'm still endeavoring to flip on this site, because their recent actions suggest that they're trying to get as far away from that practice as they can, despite the fact that this was supposed to be one of the primary reasons people should bother using the site. It's getting to be a waste of time now.

So as a reminder, if you think you're gotten too good a deal on a card on COMC, you probably have and they'll just reverse it if they feel like it, particularly if the original seller doesn't like the fact that you know more about the value of their cards than they do.
MoeCOMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:33 PM   #230
Swipe79

Same here - if I make the mistake, it's my loss. Wasn't there a post a while back with someone complaining about doing this and COMC should reverse it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
There's been a couple occasions as a seller when
I use the Bulk Price Editing tool and accidentally mark a $3-4 card for a quarter. They usually get snapped up and flipped within minutes.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:34 PM   #231
XL5

Pretty bad policy. I know there have been several threads here about sellers complainging about being "robbed" by flippers due to mispricing an item. Some were fat fingers, and they should just suck it up. But some cases were due to COMC misidentifying a card (for example, calling it a base when it was actually a parallel/variation/etc).

Still, it's on COMC and/or the original seller, not the buyer.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:58 PM   #232
sfgiants4life

Quote:
Yeah, the item number is 14102105. I'm not completely positive about the price but to the best of my memory the original price was $5.00 with the sale price at $3.50. I'm positive it was in that ballpark, roughly 30% off.

I do completely forget the name of the seller, and they haven't relisted the item yet. I don't know if I'd be comfortable listing that anyway, since my issue here is definitely with comc's new item reversal policy.

Item has been relisted on COMC.
sfgiants4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:00 PM   #233
OLDPAPER

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfgiants4life View Post
Item has been relisted on COMC.

guy has over 50K items...heavy hitter...

Last edited by OLDPAPER; 02-06-2015 at 02:04 PM.
OLDPAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:01 PM   #234
Tvanho

This.....is going to get nasty I think.
Tvanho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:11 PM   #235
htn315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvanho View Post
This.....is going to get nasty I think.
Nah, dollar amount is to small, COMC will likely give Hundley some kind of compensation to end it.
htn315 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:14 PM   #236
sjscout

Easy fix.
Card should be taken out of new sellers inventory and back into HUndleys inventory.
sjscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:19 PM   #237
sfgiants4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htn315 View Post
Nah, dollar amount is to small, COMC will likely give Hundley some kind of compensation to end it.
No...but you shouldn't need to complain to get this right. If he didn't complain on this forum would they quickly acknowledge the mistake? The other thing is that it shows that COMC will help out larger sellers by allowing this. If I reprice an expensive card to .01 and it sells will they do the same for me? Take the card from the buyer and place it back in my port without any problems?
sfgiants4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:21 PM   #238
htn315

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPAPER View Post
guy has over 50K items...heavy hitter...
That's a pretty big port to be crying about $50.
htn315 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:13 PM   #239
Dragonman

You guys must be in heaven, another thing to cry about.
Dragonman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:33 PM   #240
tyrodsports

Quote:
Yeah, the item number is 14102105. I'm not completely positive about the price but to the best of my memory the original price was $5.00 with the sale price at $3.50. I'm positive it was in that ballpark, roughly 30% off.

I do completely forget the name of the seller, and they haven't relisted the item yet. I don't know if I'd be comfortable listing that anyway, since my issue here is definitely with comc's new item reversal policy.
I am not a fan of bragging about flips (though, I love flipping)...but, I would love to hear COMC weigh in on this? Moe?

Feel free to check me out
http://www.comc.com/Users/tyrodsports,sr,i100
tyrodsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:37 PM   #241
tyrodsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiffycards View Post
Holy cow. How can anyone justify this? We need to know the seller's name on this one, since there are a few obvious favorites.

I think this needs to be brought to the attention of the hobby media, rich Klein, Suzy, etc. Maybe cardboard connection can do an article. Oh wait.
Sellers name is irrelevant; COMC had to allow it. I would appreciate if this was addressed. To have a buyer return something is one thing...this is a whole different level.

Old 02-06-2015, 07:41 PM   #242
tyrodsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjscout View Post
I would have addressed this with them via email or telephone. The fact that you have an offer for the card should entice them to compensate you in some way.

On a side note- I wouldnt post big flips in here for reasons like this. I would not want to alert a seller that they mispriced a card ( they might do it AGAIN) and i Wouldnt want to offend a person who may have bought the card from me by BRAGGING about how much i made on it. Just my opionin
This, I agree with 100%.

Old 02-06-2015, 07:43 PM   #243
tyrodsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeCOMC View Post
Hi,

This was just brought to my attention; can you tell me who sent you the email? The policy I've been following, as set out by Tim, is that we're supposed to get permission from the card buyer before we reverse a sale - that it's not supposed to be done "one-sided" like this.

Can you send me the details of any of these situation and I'll forward them to the processing team...it's not supposed to go down like this, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience.
Disregard my post that said I would love to hear from Moe...thanks Moe for weighing in.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:12 PM   #244
OLDPAPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
You guys must be in heaven, another thing to cry about.
So you think this is ok and not worth addressing?
Old 02-06-2015, 08:20 PM   #245
Tvanho

Quote:
Swipe Jr.

I'm just kidding Swipe, I like you!!!
Tvanho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:25 PM   #246
shrevecity

Quote:
I would love to have some of what he is smoking.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:31 PM   #247
NCinCT

Well, at least we have an idea who the original seller is... Geez... This is not good precedent.
NCinCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:12 PM   #248
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCinCT View Post
Well, at least we have an idea who the original seller is... Geez... This is not good precedent.
I am wondering the same thing.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:25 PM   #249
sjscout

does anyone know the bonds acct?
sjscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:37 PM   #250
SunDevil2422

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjscout View Post
does anyone know the bonds acct?
I wish it was me, that guy has a ton of nice Giants stuff I could use.

Huge San Francisco Giants fan: Always buying high-end and bulk quantities of guys like Joe Panik, Andrew Susac, Tyler Beede, Christian Arroyo, Madison Bumgarner, and Matt Cain.
SunDevil2422 is offline   Reply With Quote