Blowout Cards Forums
Breakers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 01-02-2016, 10:16 PM   #51
tyrodsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjscout View Post
Someone must have hacked Swipe's account. LOL
I was thinking the same thing. He was one of the biggest cheerleaders for COMC and to hear him vent frustration is not normal.

Feel free to check me out
http://www.comc.com/Users/tyrodsports,sr,i100
tyrodsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:24 PM   #52
Swipe79

Some of the goings on from the last couple of months have started to make me wonder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrodsports View Post
I was thinking the same thing. He was one of the biggest cheerleaders for COMC and to hear him vent frustration is not normal.
Old 01-02-2016, 10:45 PM   #53
CharlieHustle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
I was thinking about this earlier and it would be super cool if you could make your want list of cards and set a certain price in your want list per card...and if the card is ever listed or repriced in your range the site automatically buys the card for you if you balance is ample amount to cover it and if you don't have the balance it shoots you an email like when you get an offer
That would be very dangerous and a potential customer service disaster, when you take card condition into consideration.
If the answer is "Well someone would have to verify the condition", that would open up a HUGE can of worms.
My skin is getting itchy just thinking of that potential poop storm.
CharlieHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:00 PM   #54
mredsox89

I wish they had a watchlist and/or a new item notification e-mail/saved search

I wish sellers would be willing to sell at least close to Ebay prices on commodity like cards, i.e. base chrome autos, etc.

I wish the site did more to bring in new buyers

It's been a great place to move all my raw cards. But my portfolio is relatively stale at this point, and even with a big drop in price on everything, with 50% offers available, well within or below Ebay value, there just aren't any bites

I can't complain too much, because it's been a great way to turn over a lot of my raw stuff. I just know it can be so much better
mredsox89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:14 PM   #55
jerryw

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieHustle View Post
That would be very dangerous and a potential customer service disaster, when you take card condition into consideration.
If the answer is "Well someone would have to verify the condition", that would open up a HUGE can of worms.
My skin is getting itchy just thinking of that potential poop storm.

no one would have to verify anything...if it gets by the condition checkers which we know very little seems to these days worst thing that happens is the card gets sent back...which happens all the time by buyers anyways
Old 01-03-2016, 12:02 AM   #56
thebrett

Bought around 80 Royals / Bo Jackson PC Cards in the last week, will be requesting upgraded shipping. For like $4 more it's so much faster

Also, I think they have missed 2 consecutive BGS return deadlines and they are already humorously slow
Old 01-03-2016, 12:18 AM   #57
JMarchand1981

I started selling on COMC in January of 2015. The last card I sold was in December of 2015. My goal of 2015 was to end the year owning less cards than I began it with.

Items sold: 3053
Items purchased: 546

I have 115 items left in my inventory. I think for tax purposes I might just get them sent back to me and PC them.

Edit: I should add that I loved my experience with COMC. They did what they said they would do for me. Process x amount of cards in y amount of time.

I never cashed out so I didn't have to concern myself with that issue.

When I requested a shipment, I always pay the extra few bucks for expedited shipping so I don't have to wait until the end of the line. I have no issues with the fee because I typically don't have an issue paying a few points more on something to have it done quicker,better or easier.

Last edited by JMarchand1981; 01-03-2016 at 12:21 AM.
JMarchand1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:34 AM   #58
FuriousD82

This was my first year on COMC. I was pleased with everything as I had a lot of low end cards I couldn't sell through other means but they moved relatively quickly on COMC. I only purchased two cards on the site though.

In total, I sold 2060 of the 2867 cards I've sent in, so I have about 795 left in my inventory. I plan on sending in a new batch, soon. Wish the cash out wasn't 20%, it is excessive on top of .25 per card processing fees.

January 2016 $1.54 3
December 2015 $147.16 111
November 2015 $133.97 117
October 2015 $128.08 95
September 2015 $118.84 90
August 2015 $198.73 135
July 2015 $209.21 144
June 2015 $249.63 182
May 2015 $335.48 183
April 2015 $514.44 287
March 2015 $718.65 433
February 2015 $213.85 175
January 2015 $151.17 105
Old 01-03-2016, 01:06 AM   #59
JustMoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
I know tim most certainly checks the forums...we have had communication via blowouts pm system in the last 2 weeks...better get new sources
Julia must be out of town...I'm sure this will change once she gets back to Redmond. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrodsports View Post
If they don't follow it...then please explain how they have responded to very sensitive issues in the past that potentially impacted the integrity of the company. Ex...it was believed that a COMC employee started posting on here with negative things about another former employee. Tim and co immediately responded. So, yes...I believe they do follow it. They just pick their battles.
They responded, by saying they were investigating it with Blowout, but a resolution was never revealed. If it wasn't a COMC employee, you'd think they'd have let the Blowout know, if only to protect their reputation and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjscout View Post
Someone must have hacked Swipe's account. LOL
For reals - for the longest time, I was worried that people would think that Swipe was an employee under an alias, posting to make the company look better. Sometimes, I felt bad for him when he would get flak for his positive posts. Like, I was paid to be a target, he was doing it voluntarily...why?
Old 01-03-2016, 02:20 AM   #60
Swipe79

For a long time, I felt like COMC was worth the effort of defending like I did.

Don't get the wrong idea. I have around 2,500 cards processing right now and continue to buy stuff and sell stuff. I just feel like a lot of the shine has come off the quarter.

The last few communications and the other interactions I see - I just get the feeling that COMC doesn't really want to work with/for it's users anymore. It's become a much more corporate feel and the type of responses I've received lately when I contact them have a very canned/sanitized feel to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMoe View Post
For reals - for the longest time, I was worried that people would think that Swipe was an employee under an alias, posting to make the company look better. Sometimes, I felt bad for him when he would get flak for his positive posts. Like, I was paid to be a target, he was doing it voluntarily...why?
Old 01-03-2016, 03:09 AM   #61
brewcrew82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
The last few communications and the other interactions I see - I just get the feeling that COMC doesn't really want to work with/for it's users anymore. It's become a much more corporate feel and the type of responses I've received lately when I contact them have a very canned/sanitized feel to them.
They are growing. Im sure Nathan has a hard time answering all E-Mails.Of course I dont know this for sure Moe could probally help us out with a answer.

When I send a mail , which is very rare, I get a answer within 1 or 2 days.

I also have problems with damaged cards and when it happens I ask them to upgrade processing. My last cards had no damage when uploaded and they refunded my money.

Since this whole Beckett thing I think there almost back to where they were.

Maybe I dont expect as much as the rest of you. I dont need Tim to tell me everything is O.K. I see that on my sales.

Last edited by brewcrew82; 01-03-2016 at 04:20 AM.
brewcrew82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 05:42 AM   #62
JustMoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew82 View Post
They are growing. Im sure Nathan has a hard time answering all E-Mails.Of course I dont know this for sure Moe could probally help us out with a answer.
Sorry, I have no idea what Nathan does over the course of a workday...when I was there, we were receiving 80-100 emails/day. I did my best to reply within 24 hours, as per my instructions from management - 48 hours if the emails were received over the weekend.

I was also handling all the social media, including replying to facebook and twitter questions/comments, monitoring 4 different message boards, and working on blog posts when required...but, I was only a "Customer Relations Agent". I couldn't tell you what a "Communications Manager" does.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:41 AM   #63
brewcrew82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMoe View Post
Sorry, I have no idea what Nathan does over the course of a workday...when I was there, we were receiving 80-100 emails/day. I did my best to reply within 24 hours, as per my instructions from management - 48 hours if the emails were received over the weekend.

I was also handling all the social media, including replying to facebook and twitter questions/comments, monitoring 4 different message boards, and working on blog posts when required...but, I was only a "Customer Relations Agent". I couldn't tell you what a "Communications Manager" does.
He is allowed to go to McDonalds and pick up lunch.

I have one more Question everyone keeps saying they need more custumers.
How many customers do they have ??
Old 01-03-2016, 06:54 AM   #64
brewcrew82

Moe nevermind the Question with the buyers found it myself.

71,261 Buyers
4,809 Sellers

So 76,000 members that are registered + Amazon and people that dont have a account and buy with the shopping cart.

Sounds like a bunch to me.

Just noticed Blowout only has 41,362 Members

Last edited by brewcrew82; 01-03-2016 at 07:14 AM.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:04 AM   #65
mjohnatgt

JustCollect's clearance sale is going so well the COMC servers seem to have slowed down. I know I've picked up over 100.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:11 PM   #66
CURLYW

I am going to be the ignorant one here and ask what a port is?

COMC is one of my favorite things about the hobby. Just the fact I don't pay shipping for every card.
CURLYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:49 PM   #67
CharlieHustle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CURLYW View Post
I am going to be the ignorant one here and ask what a port is?

COMC is one of my favorite things about the hobby. Just the fact I don't pay shipping for every card.
A port is a portfolio. It's Comc's term for a lot that you put together from cards in your Comc inventory and try to actively sell as a single unit. It's a lot, it's a collection, comc calls it a port.
CharlieHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:05 PM   #68
37Jetson

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies347 View Post
I remember when they did this, I liked the idea. Brings a greater audience to the site --> more traffic and buyers
These are win-win things that they need to promote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
Actually I know from a good source that they do not.
You are going to need to invest in a different source. They have followed Blowout Forums since the early days of COMC. Lately, they make fewer public comments, but rest assured they are reading.

Last edited by 37Jetson; 01-03-2016 at 09:07 PM.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:47 PM   #69
Dragonman

I have nothing invested in the source..Was told they used to follow this forum religiously and now they glance over it on occasion and rarely respond or care what goes on or is said here.......
Dragonman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:53 PM   #70
37Jetson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
I have nothing invested in the source..Was told they used to follow this forum religiously and now they glance over it on occasion and rarely respond or care what goes on or is said here.......
Old 01-03-2016, 10:31 PM   #71
pharmteam

Pricing on comc has definitely gotten more competitive, seems more difficult to make a killing on flipping cards. Just as well, I need to be concentrating on repricing my inventory anyway.
One great thing about comc is having your stuff insured. I just send in everything, that way my wife can't throw it away, my kid can't mess it up, and if my house floods or something I don't have to sweat my high end stuff getting damaged.
Kinda funny, I spend some much time on comc I feel like I know you guys just from your comc usernames.
pharmteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:39 PM   #72
Dragonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
I know that since you live on this forum it is important to you to think others do.
Dragonman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:54 PM   #73
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmteam View Post
Pricing on comc has definitely gotten more competitive, seems more difficult to make a killing on flipping cards. Just as well, I need to be concentrating on repricing my inventory anyway.
One great thing about comc is having your stuff insured. I just send in everything, that way my wife can't throw it away, my kid can't mess it up, and if my house floods or something I don't have to sweat my high end stuff getting damaged.
Kinda funny, I spend some much time on comc I feel like I know you guys just from your comc usernames.
However, you touch on something that others have asked about and COMC has avoided answering. How well is your stuff insured and what happens if something bad happens or they shut their doors?
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:01 PM   #74
Jonathon M

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
However, you touch on something that others have asked about and COMC has avoided answering. How well is your stuff insured and what happens if something bad happens or they shut their doors?
They do love to avoid this question
Jonathon M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:03 PM   #75
phillies347

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmteam View Post
I feel the exact same way haha, I probably spend way too much of my time on the site.
phillies347 is offline   Reply With Quote