Blowout Cards Forums
2018 coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 01-08-2016, 07:18 PM   #201
Dragonman

I just cashed out $5,000..Cashed it out on a Friday, hit paypal on that Saturday in my bank Tuesday...Ive kept between $2,000 - $10,000 in my acct at all times for years and never had a problem..I cash out $5,000 around every other month and it is always quick.
Dragonman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:38 PM   #202
T3sT

you guys seems to think COMC are in bad financial and will go under soon.

I for this one don't think so, maybe they are struggling to grow the company but i don't think they are struggling for survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
I just cashed out $5,000..Cashed it out on a Friday, hit paypal on that Saturday in my bank Tuesday...Ive kept between $2,000 - $10,000 in my acct at all times for years and never had a problem..I cash out $5,000 around every other month and it is always quick.
Last month i cashed out too about $1k store credit and it only takes 2 days for the money to arrive in my pp.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:34 PM   #203
Jonathon M

There doesn't seem to be an issue with PayPal, just checks... Maybe only a cpl of ppl can sign the checks, therefore causing delays. If it was a cash flow prob, wouldn't PayPal be delayed too? This talk about them going under and possibly using users credit in a ponzi scheme way seems a bit far fetched.... Even for here.... I'd also be very careful publicly voicing such things... If I ran comc and read statements like that, I'd be pissed.... However, the discussion regarding what happens to our cards if any number of things happen is more than fair and should be addressed, considering their being transparent and all that now

Last edited by Jonathon M; 01-08-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Jonathon M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:38 PM   #204
COMCMax

Never had a issue cashing out. You can pay extra and gets checks expedited.
COMCMax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:39 PM   #205
Dragonman

That is what people do that hang out on forums....They are bigger than ever and sales are better than ever.
Dragonman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:12 PM   #206
OLDPAPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
I have a significant vintage collection I simply will not send them because no one has ever answered the what if question

I'm not afraid they will go out of business anytime soon, but I do think they have leadership incapable or unwilling to progress the site from where it stands today. The business I see today would seem to be minimally profitable and I would be concerned that someone with the employable skill set of Tim might not stick with it. All of that being said, the site has value, and would no doubt have suitors to purchase it if he decided to go another route.

My full time job is much, much better than dealing with cards and the people who deal in cards so I will always look at this as merely a hobby.

Economically I do very well on COMC, but it is a drop in the bucket if you contrast it with the compounding interest a good growth stock mutual fund, or some real estate in my area could generate.

I spend time in the card world, because I like cards. It is a terrible and inefficient place to attempt to make a buck.

Another good reason to not send in vintage is how piss poor and inconsistent their grading evaluation is.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:18 PM   #207
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
They are bigger than ever and sales are better than ever.
My stats say otherwise.

However, I'll agree with the sentiment from the last few posts above, I'm in no position to be speculating on COMC's finances as I have no earthly idea what they look like or what processes they follow. I have many issues with COMC but I've no evidence to prove that they are or are not having financial difficulties so I shouldn't have made any comments in that direction.

I will say that I've cashed out a few times and it took longer than I expected and I was forced to call in and get the process sped up. We aren't talking multiple weeks or anything like that but in today's day and age, anything past 48 hours is unacceptable (mine was Paypal, not a check).

"nah not mad Maga cat ..."
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:22 PM   #208
JMarchand1981

Quote:
This thread has taken kind of a negative turn

I am in no position, and have no eveidence to accuse them of utilizing funds improperly.
Wait...even if they did....it is a privately owned company. They reserve the right to use their revenue however which way they want by remaining private.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:24 PM   #209
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarchand1981 View Post
Wait...even if they did....it is a privately owned company. They reserve the right to use their revenue however which way they want by remaining private.
While true that they have the right, do you not think it would be concerning if they were doing so? Again, I have absolutely zero idea if they are or aren't, just asking a question.

Edit: I want to amend this post to say, no they don't have the right to use money that is ours. For over a year I had a balance of $5k+, that is my money, not theirs and should have been in a non operations account and not used for any other purpose but to sit until I asked for it. I have no concern if it was held in an interest bearing account and they kept the interest, but it is my money and not theirs to use. Again, for all I know, that is exactly how they do it. I wouldn't know though as they aren't the slightest bit "transparent".

Last edited by jmscoggin; 01-08-2016 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:26 PM   #210
thebrett

Quote:
Deposited money is not revenue
Old 01-08-2016, 09:54 PM   #211
JMarchand1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
While true that they have the right, do you not think it would be concerning if they were doing so? Again, I have absolutely zero idea if they are or aren't, just asking a question.

Edit: I want to amend this post to say, no they don't have the right to use money that is ours. For over a year I had a balance of $5k+, that is my money, not theirs and should have been in a non operations account and not used for any other purpose but to sit until I asked for it. I have no concern if it was held in an interest bearing account and they kept the interest, but it is my money and not theirs to use. Again, for all I know, that is exactly how they do it. I wouldn't know though as they aren't the slightest bit "transparent".
Quote:
Deposited money is not revenue
Yeah, I wasn't talking about live money. I was talking solely about profit from fees or shipping.

They are holding under $100 of my dollars. I don't want a cent of it t not be available. Fees I've paid are revenue. Money they are holding for me is my money.

My apologies for any confusion.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:19 PM   #212
jmscoggin

Quote:
My apologies for any confusion.
You're forgiven, just don't let it happen again.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:23 PM   #213
JMarchand1981

Quote:
You're forgiven, just don't let it happen again.
I promise I won't....wtf happened to your avatar?
Old 01-08-2016, 10:24 PM   #214
jmscoggin

Quote:
I promise I won't....wtf happened to your avatar?
It involved Deathy, don't ask.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:30 PM   #215
JMarchand1981

Quote:
It involved Deathy, don't ask.
My goodness.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:39 PM   #216
shrevecity

Quote:

I don't think if they are doing this the big money members have anything to worry with if it all collapses. It would come down to the smaller fish getting the shaft as these are the ones less likely to make any big waves.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:41 PM   #217
Budler

Quote:

Banks do it all the time. Most checking accounts do not pay interest

IRS has rules that companies have to follow or they will be in trouble. As I'm not a CPA or bookkeeper so I have not ideal how they are set up as a company. If you look at the simplest form A = money you have (no matter where it can from) B = money you owe (all types including what they are holding for us) C = Profit ( profits to be used how the owner wants).

A - B = C

As they are not transparent we will never know what A, B or C is. Yes they do not need to show it to us. They can give us all the figures they want and we still could not figure it out. Just look at the consigners / sellers/ buyers can any one figure out really how many people are really using the site? Some sellers show having 1 cards and you look him up and he has 10 for sell.
Yes you can talk about it all day long but will it do any good. Like a lot of thing you just trust them. ($10.00 and a few cards or $20,000 and 100,000 card) It is up to you to do your thing.
Yes we can ask questions, call and e mail them and all we can do is hope for the best.
As for me I'm a collector of only my PC but just sent in 100 cards trying to offset my addiction.
Budler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:49 PM   #218
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budler View Post
Banks do it all the time. Most checking accounts do not pay interest

IRS has rules that companies have to follow or they will be in trouble. As I'm not a CPA or bookkeeper so I have not ideal how they are set up as a company. If you look at the simplest form A = money you have (no matter where it can from) B = money you owe (all types including what they are holding for us) C = Profit ( profits to be used how the owner wants).

A - B = C

As they are not transparent we will never know what A, B or C is. Yes they do not need to show it to us. They can give us all the figures they want and we still could not figure it out. Just look at the consigners / sellers/ buyers can any one figure out really how many people are really using the site? Some sellers show having 1 cards and you look him up and he has 10 for sell.
Yes you can talk about it all day long but will it do any good. Like a lot of thing you just trust them. ($10.00 and a few cards or $20,000 and 100,000 card) It is up to you to do your thing.
Yes we can ask questions, call and e mail them and all we can do is hope for the best.
As for me I'm a collector of only my PC but just sent in 100 cards trying to offset my addiction.
Every bank account is usually protected by the FDIC. If I go to the bank and and have 50,000 in my account I can leave the same day with my 50,000. No waiting 48 hours or longer like most do now. They also pay interest on certain accounts which is a profit sharing device.

Last edited by shrevecity; 01-08-2016 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:52 AM   #219
wphill02

I'm going to be interested to see what(if any) response I get from Nathan on Monday.

I have about 70 Bowman's Best cards waiting to be priced. I believe most, if not all, are base refractors which were never announced but were inserted about 1 per pack. So I sent in a correction request stating that I believed these cards were refractors. Today, Nathan sent me an e-mail stating that all of the base cards just look like refractors and that the only non numbered cards are the base cards and the atomic refractors. I even got a link to show me what an atomic refractor looked like to show that my cards were not atomic refractors.

I responded back stating I had talked to multiple people that opened the product who all said they noticed base refractors as well. I also sent them an example of how a regular base card looks compared to the refractors.

Here's a Bryant that is a regular base card:

2015 Bowman's Best #50 - Kris Bryant
Courtesy of COMC.com

Here's what I believe is a refractor but is labeled as a base card(this is not my card):

2015 Bowman's Best #93 - Jorge Soler
Courtesy of COMC.com

You can see how the background on the Bryant looks much darker in the scan vs. the Soler which appears to have the light "refract" off of it.

Unfortunately, this would have been avoided in Bowman/Topps had just announced that there would be base refractors or put odds for them on the mini-boxes. Not doing this caused a bunch of the online checklists to not include refractors in their list of available parallels which is why I think COMC believes this is the case.

My problem with this is, shouldn't the processing team be able to realize that these cards aren't the same? Or at least go back and look when I put in the correction request? Besides these, I've had almost 100 other cards, mostly bowman draft refractors that were incorrectly labeled as base chrome, that I've needed to put in correction requests on. While I'm glad that the basic processing times have been much better(mine are mostly newer cards but they have been being uploaded in around 3 weeks), I'd rather them take an extra day or 2 to get the cards correct before allowing me to price them than keep putting them in incorrectly.

As I said, I'm very interested to hear what their response is and whether they still try to argue that their are no base refractors. I replied to Nathan's email around 1 pm PT this afternoon(about an hour after his initial email to me) and did not receive a response yet.

I do get that these aren't on most checklists so I do somewhat understand their position. I know some of these refractors are tough to notice but it is the processor's job to know which cards are refractors and it seems like they either don't know or just don't care which is very concerning to me.
Please Note: I do all my transactions through COMC. This DOES NOT mean you need a COMC account to buy my card. You can still buy it directly through COMC using PAYPAL but we will need to agree on a price here because you can only buy it for the price I have it listed at on COMC. Just PM me and we can negotiate a price. Thanks!
wphill02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 01:03 AM   #220
jerryw

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
Every bank account is usually protected by the FDIC. If I go to the bank and and have 50,000 in my account I can leave the same day with my 50,000. No waiting 48 hours or longer like most do now. They also pay interest on certain accounts which is a profit sharing device.

my bank only allows $5000 withdrawal each week unless you call and place an order so they can have it delivered the next day
Old 01-09-2016, 10:10 AM   #221
chezball

Quote:
Originally Posted by wphill02 View Post
I'm going to be interested to see what(if any) response I get from Nathan on Monday.

I have about 70 Bowman's Best cards waiting to be priced. I believe most, if not all, are base refractors which were never announced but were inserted about 1 per pack. So I sent in a correction request stating that I believed these cards were refractors. Today, Nathan sent me an e-mail stating that all of the base cards just look like refractors and that the only non numbered cards are the base cards and the atomic refractors. I even got a link to show me what an atomic refractor looked like to show that my cards were not atomic refractors.

I responded back stating I had talked to multiple people that opened the product who all said they noticed base refractors as well. I also sent them an example of how a regular base card looks compared to the refractors.

Here's a Bryant that is a regular base card:

2015 Bowman's Best #50 - Kris Bryant
Courtesy of COMC.com

Here's what I believe is a refractor but is labeled as a base card(this is not my card):

2015 Bowman's Best #93 - Jorge Soler
Courtesy of COMC.com

You can see how the background on the Bryant looks much darker in the scan vs. the Soler which appears to have the light "refract" off of it.

Unfortunately, this would have been avoided in Bowman/Topps had just announced that there would be base refractors or put odds for them on the mini-boxes. Not doing this caused a bunch of the online checklists to not include refractors in their list of available parallels which is why I think COMC believes this is the case.

My problem with this is, shouldn't the processing team be able to realize that these cards aren't the same? Or at least go back and look when I put in the correction request? Besides these, I've had almost 100 other cards, mostly bowman draft refractors that were incorrectly labeled as base chrome, that I've needed to put in correction requests on. While I'm glad that the basic processing times have been much better(mine are mostly newer cards but they have been being uploaded in around 3 weeks), I'd rather them take an extra day or 2 to get the cards correct before allowing me to price them than keep putting them in incorrectly.

As I said, I'm very interested to hear what their response is and whether they still try to argue that their are no base refractors. I replied to Nathan's email around 1 pm PT this afternoon(about an hour after his initial email to me) and did not receive a response yet.

I do get that these aren't on most checklists so I do somewhat understand their position. I know some of these refractors are tough to notice but it is the processor's job to know which cards are refractors and it seems like they either don't know or just don't care which is very concerning to me.
This is the reason why I would not send these type cards in.Maybe you could get topps to send you something that states there are these type cards in the product.If not you might be fighting a losing battle.
keep your mouth shut beatoff/TDRavens
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:12 AM   #222
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
my bank only allows $5000 withdrawal each week unless you call and place an order so they can have it delivered the next day
I'd find a new bank. Granted, I rarely ever need to withdraw more than $5k at once but that isn't the point. If it's my money I'll take out as much of it as a time or as often as I'd like. I won't tolerate someone (other than my wife) telling me that I can't have access to it. I understand that if I was trying to withdraw $100,000 and I was using a smallish credit union, that they may need a bit of a heads up though, that is more than fair but taking out $5k on Monday and another on Wednesday shouldn't be an emptying out the vault amount.

Old 01-09-2016, 10:13 AM   #223
chezball

Quote:
Same here,I have taken out more than 5k. They told me the same thing,if I wanted more that I needed to let them know in advance.They could cut a check for any amount.
keep your mouth shut beatoff/TDRavens
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:26 AM   #224
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
Same here,I have taken out more than 5k. They told me the same thing,if I wanted more that I needed to let them know in advance.They could cut a check for any amount.
Adding in the check part changes things, that sounds fair. I'll have to see if my wife has the same policy.

Old 01-09-2016, 10:44 AM   #225
shrevecity

Quote:
I would find a new bank. 5k a week limit is crazy, I can see 5k a day or something like that especially if they are a smaller branch of a bigger bank, most though if they do not do that are willing to cut a cahsiers check for the rest. You money does not sit in limbo for a few days until you get it.