Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks

Notices

Old 10-24-2012, 06:48 AM   #26
iluvfish2

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Just a quick update for everyone as I think most everyone is aware that the USPS currently has flat rate priority mail envelope padded mailers.

Great option if your going to have to ship say a 400 or maybe larger count box of cards from a group break. I'm sure someone can veryify how large of a box you can fit into these (I know a 400 ct will work). Instead of having to ship a medium flat rate box, these fit easily in the flat rate boxes and right now with the online discounts ship under 5 bucks ($4.90).

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/...uctId=P_EP14PE
Old 12-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #27
trixstar

Sorry if I missed it but what about tax on the case? Is that rolled into the direct cost or do you only go by the price you see when you're looking at the case prices before checkout? I'm interested in starting to host group breaks but wasn't sure about this.
trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #28
iluvfish2

I assume your talking Sales Tax? For anything like that you'll need to figure out how much your buying that you'd be taxed on.

Say yours 6% taxes.

You'll be taxed on the case (say $2000), and supplies ($50). Subtotal is 2050 * 1.06 = 2173 is your new total which you'd use to then factor slot prices on before you then factored in shipping, then paypal fees.

If your buying from out of state you typically dont have taxes. Does this help?
Old 12-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #29
trixstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
I assume your talking Sales Tax? For anything like that you'll need to figure out how much your buying that you'd be taxed on.

Say yours 6% taxes.

You'll be taxed on the case (say $2000), and supplies ($50). Subtotal is 2050 * 1.06 = 2173 is your new total which you'd use to then factor slot prices on before you then factored in shipping, then paypal fees.

If your buying from out of state you typically dont have taxes. Does this help?
You know you're right, I guess I never looked at it and just assumed the tax was rolled in. I just added a case to checkout and test it. I'm in Washington state and wouldn't have to worry about tax.

Thanks
trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #30
jkidd79

I am new to this stuff what exactly is the point of a team case break. for my money do I get something or am I just giving my money to someone so they get cards and not me
jkidd79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #31
jlzinck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkidd79 View Post
I am new to this stuff what exactly is the point of a team case break. for my money do I get something or am I just giving my money to someone so they get cards and not me
It depends on the hind of break you enter.

If you get into a "Hit" break then you get the GU or auto that comes out in the slot that you are randomly matched up to before the break.

If a "Team" break you get all the cards from the team you get.

You are matched up with a team or hit in 1 or 2 ways.

Random- After the payments are received a Mod randoms the hit slot or team and then randoms the participants. So if your name it son top. You either get the 1st hit pulled, if a hit break or all the cards from the top team in the random.

Draft- If you are in a draft break wherever you end up you choose from the team or hit left when your turn comes.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #32
jkidd79

so is the "Hit" break done by pack or just when they come up...Soi was hit number 2 do I get second pack or the 2 insert from box
jkidd79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #33
jlzinck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkidd79 View Post
so is the "Hit" break done by pack or just when they come up...Soi was hit number 2 do I get second pack or the 2 insert from box
Hit breaks are usually done in higher end boxes (National Treasures) or boxes that only contain auto's and Relic cards.

So if you were to receive Hit #2 and the 2nd card out of the Box was an Andrew Luck auto then you would get that.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:00 AM   #34
HawksFan67

How would you factor in shipping form the USA to Canada? A two ounce package within the States cost me $1.74 for a two ounce package. Shipping that same 2 ounce pacakge to Canada is $6.50. And goes up from there. A huge difference. So how can you determine your shipping costs if you don't know how many packages have to go across border?

Member of Hobby Insider, Sports Card Forum, Ultimate Cardboard, Blowout Cards and CloutsnChara
HawksFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:29 AM   #35
iluvfish2

A lot of guys are now charging/factoring it both ways. If you live in say the US its XX per package, and if your in Canada (or international) ts XXX as it does cost more, but because of the cost differences you really cant factor both into one rate.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:48 PM   #36
carpark03

I am new to breaks, can I ask why it is taboo for breakers to make a profit? They are providing a service and should make a little money imo. In return the customer gets an opportunity at a big hit they otherwise may not have had due to the cost of purchasing an entire case.

Again though I am new to the breaking aspect of collecting so maybe I'm out to lunch on this one.
carpark03 is offline   Reply With Quote