Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:22 PM   #176
88horsepower

My wife and I tend to eat Chick Fil-A sometimes, but recently made a rather upsetting discovery. If you want to be a bit more informed, go check out the ingredients they use if many of their chicken-based menu items. It's rather disappointing to see how much MSG they use. I really had no idea.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:11 PM   #177
sniperx
Banned - PBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88horsepower View Post
My wife and I tend to eat Chick Fil-A sometimes, but recently made a rather upsetting discovery. If you want to be a bit more informed, go check out the ingredients they use if many of their chicken-based menu items. It's rather disappointing to see how much MSG they use. I really had no idea.
So much for the refined peanut oil they always claim to use...Sometimes you just have to dig a little deeper
sniperx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 11:25 PM   #178
Clarka3

i stopped eating there because I try not to support companies where I don't agree with their politics. I still miss the waffle fries...

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 11:45 PM   #179
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Tried ChikFilA for the first time today, wasn't impressed...thought it would be some amazing food given the hype but was basically just typical fried chicken.

One thing I didn't like about the spicy chicken was the unevenness of the chicken, half was an inch thick (no thanks), half was just breading., maybe not the norm. Nuggets were okay, waffle fries were really good. Nothing that can't be made better home.

Will say for a mall food court the little service that can be provided was great. Guy answered my questions, even took out all the available sauces to show me the options.
The food is fine. I also like supporting a Christian business that stands up for what they believe in.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:22 AM   #180
coltsnsox07

Here we go!
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 01:28 AM   #181
KvnKvnKvn

Two great stories about Chic-Fil-A...

1. I went there 5-10 minutes before close. I asked when they closed, told them they didn't have to make it cause it was close to closing time, they said they didn't mind...Pulled up to the window, gave me my meal for free, because I was so polite and concerned with them making the food so late...

2. I ordered my food, drove to the window, realized I did not have my debit card...Told them to cancel the order because I am a moron and they just hooked me up anyway...

Every time I have gone there, they are ultra nice...Almost cult like. hahahahah
KvnKvnKvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 05:17 AM   #182
corndog
BODA

Location: From a table in McDonalds, with lovely fake flowers on it.

Oftentimes Light scares people away - just like cockroaches.

Last edited by corndog; 01-19-2016 at 05:25 AM.
corndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:30 AM   #183
nateyad

I love going to Chic-Fil-A because you don't get any better service from a fast food place, period. It's pretty much the only place they don't make you feel like the sooner you are out the door the better. That plus it's a real white meat chicken breast, great fries, and the shakes are awesome.
nateyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:09 AM   #184
ilovethelakings
I make a lot of posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateyad View Post
I love going to Chic-Fil-A because you don't get any better service from a fast food place, period. It's pretty much the only place they don't make you feel like the sooner you are out the door the better. That plus it's a real white meat chicken breast, great fries, and the shakes are awesome.
This is the chain's biggest selling point to me. Plus the food is damn tasty. It's the only fast food place where I will order soup (you can kick it up a notch by adding some of their buffalo sauce to the broth ).
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:45 AM   #185
calculusdork

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
This is the chain's biggest selling point to me. Plus the food is damn tasty. It's the only fast food place where I will order soup (you can kick it up a notch by adding some of their buffalo sauce to the broth ).
Oh ho ho .... man that sounds good.
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:48 AM   #186
asujbl

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

I haven't eaten at a Chick-Fil-A in years. Unfortunately the closest one to me isn't worth the drive (it's only like 15 minutes but that's aggressive for fast food unless I'm already over that direction)

One of our subcontractors though brings in the chicken breakfast sandwiches like 3 times a month. I can crush those for hours.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:11 PM   #187
TOMBB25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KvnKvnKvn View Post
Two great stories about Chic-Fil-A...

1. I went there 5-10 minutes before close. I asked when they closed, told them they didn't have to make it cause it was close to closing time, they said they didn't mind...Pulled up to the window, gave me my meal for free, because I was so polite and concerned with them making the food so late...

2. I ordered my food, drove to the window, realized I did not have my debit card...Told them to cancel the order because I am a moron and they just hooked me up anyway...

Every time I have gone there, they are ultra nice...Almost cult like. hahahahah
If you read their background and their screen process for franchises, you start to understand why they are the way they are. They receive thousands of franchise applications every year and choose less than 100 people, they also don't let almost any franchise owner have more than one, so they can be completely involved in their business.

Personally I appreciate them, I don't eat there a lot because I'm a little farther away. I can care less about their politics that bother so many people. The fact is they treat their employees and their customers with the utmost respect, but for some reason that gets overlooked.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:12 PM   #188
TwinGnats

1. Feel free to support or not support them due to personal beliefs of the owner.
2. Supporting something is not the same as hating those who do don't conform. This is a nonsensical political argument.
3. I don't get why people like the chicken so much. It's fine but there is a weird aftertaste that I'm not a fan of. Fries are good though.
TwinGnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:42 PM   #189
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
If you read their background and their screen process for franchises, you start to understand why they are the way they are. They receive thousands of franchise applications every year and choose less than 100 people, they also don't let almost any franchise owner have more than one, so they can be completely involved in their business.

Personally I appreciate them, I don't eat there a lot because I'm a little farther away. I can care less about their politics that bother so many people. The fact is they treat their employees and their customers with the utmost respect, but for some reason that gets overlooked.
It's the rare place that makes you feel like each and every employee appreciated your business while you were there. You cannot find that at ANY other fast food chain.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:52 PM   #190
toddhead

Tim Hawkins... Chick-Fil-A song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5EztTZYbyU
Old 01-19-2016, 04:16 PM   #191
ilovethelakings
I make a lot of posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Oh ho ho .... man that sounds good.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:23 PM   #192
xbignick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
It's the rare place that makes you feel like each and every employee appreciated your business while you were there. You cannot find that at ANY other fast food chain.
Five Guys is certainly comparable I'd say.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:31 PM   #193
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Five Guys is certainly comparable I'd say.
Not ..... even ..... close.

Food - CFA > Five Guys

Price - CFA > Five Guys

Service CFA < Five Guys

Personal beliefs? I don't give a damn, I go to a restaurant to eat and as long as they don't harm anyone or force anyone to do things against their will, who freaking cares what the founders think or do not think? I've really gotten fed up with the entire religion nonsense, believe what you wish but people need to quit telling others what to believe.

Nick, sorry, that last paragraph wasn't intended for you and I didn't mean to type it when I started to reply to you but I'm just so fed up with the world today and people killing each other just because of who they do or do not worship. Now somebody go get me a spicy chicken sandwich with american cheese and CFA sauce and make it quick.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:39 PM   #194
Ray27Ray52

I just re-read through most of this thread. I miss WCTyson and his ramblings. It was so incredibly easy to get him riled up.
Ray27Ray52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:41 PM   #195
MasterPattie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcast View Post
It is a breast of chicken.If you want beaks and peckers ground up on a nice flat patty.Well....go to most any of the other fast food joints.
Don't you like peckers?
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:47 PM   #196
IronMonkey415
Banned

I like Popeyes and you guys should as well

Cajun Sparkle: Why Chefs Love Popeyes | First We Feast
IronMonkey415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:56 PM   #197
MasterPattie

I like Chick-Fil-A, but I don't have one really close to where I live and I don't get their food very often. It's pretty tasty, though.

I also respect them for being closed on Sundays. Personally, I think that's great.
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:24 PM   #198
xbignick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Not ..... even ..... close.

Food - CFA > Five Guys

Price - CFA > Five Guys

Service CFA < Five Guys

Personal beliefs? I don't give a damn, I go to a restaurant to eat and as long as they don't harm anyone or force anyone to do things against their will, who freaking cares what the founders think or do not think? I've really gotten fed up with the entire religion nonsense, believe what you wish but people need to quit telling others what to believe.

Nick, sorry, that last paragraph wasn't intended for you and I didn't mean to type it when I started to reply to you but I'm just so fed up with the world today and people killing each other just because of who they do or do not worship. Now somebody go get me a spicy chicken sandwich with american cheese and CFA sauce and make it quick.
Read what I was replying to again, you agreed.

Maybe I need to give it another shot reading all the replies, maybe it's because it just opened a couple weeks ago and they're still getting the food right. But I'll be making a spicy chicken sandwich tomorrow for a comparison, may take some pictures for the food thread.

Agree with your secondary thought. I don't look up the details of every place I purchase from or visit so am not fast to exclude just because it's big in the media. This is my same thought on PED players in baseball and the Hall of Fame if people can get the translation.

If you're boycotting it for ethical reasons, may want to not wear most clothes, not own a smartphone, not enjoy Nestle products, etc.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:27 PM   #199
majestik101

I don't go to Chick Fil-A for the same reasons I don't go to In N' Out.

Wife dislikes them immensely for reasons you can probably figure.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:33 PM   #200
88horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestik101 View Post
I don't go to Chick Fil-A for the same reasons I don't go to In N' Out.

Wife dislikes them immensely for reasons you can probably figure.
They're both tasty?

Genesis 1:3