Blowout Cards Forums
April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #51
ilovethelakings
I make a lot of posts!

Damn.....so much anger over a chicken joint.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #52
Brobocop

I love Chick-fil-a for most of the reasons people stated. The people are incredibly friendly, they are fast, and they rarely screw up an order. I have also noticed that when you eat inside the place they will come around and check on you and even offer to refill your drink at no extra cost. The place is normally very clean and well taken care of. And last but not least, I really love their food. They don't have too many variations but what items they do offer, they do them very well.

While I don't agree with their stance on gay rights and marriage, I also know that if I were to dig deep enough on any company, I could find something I disagree with. From how Walmart treats their employees, to Apple using Foxconn to produce products in China, to supermarkets who don't sell humanely raised beef and eggs, it all boils down to your own personal convictions and what matters to you. I certainly cannot judge anyone else, I am using an Apple iPad to type this out while watching cable TV on an Xbox One, all items made in incredibly adverse conditions in China.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #53
WCTYSON
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
Edit- I'm not going to waste my time on you anymore and derail this thread. Chick Fil A is awesome. Wish I could eat them on Sundays with my life partner.
Now that is funny. Who knew you were funny and so bright?
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #54
WCTYSON
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmrson View Post
You're right, I was wrong... I just saw it as funny that I don't see much of a difference between you saying they should stop telling others how to live and you basically telling them how to live/that their religious beliefs are wrong. Do they have strict guidelines for their employees? Do they make sure they are going to church? Making sure the employees are turning their backs on any gay people they know? If not, they aren't really telling people how to live...the people who did the interview were just saying what the believed.

I would guess they were asked those questions, they didn't rent t.v. time to broadcast their beliefs. I haven't heard of any lawsuits against them by employees for wrongful dismissal based on belief. If there is, please post. As I stated before, I like learning the other stuff you posted.

I really don't see it as selling out over a chicken sandwich. I guess I sold out since my step-daughters best friend who is very religious had similar beliefs about gay people and I allowed her in my house, and even enjoyed having her around.
But in fact, the company has been sued at least a dozen times for employment discrimination, according to Forbes magazine.

One of the cases involved Aziz Latif, a former Chick-fil-A restaurant manager in Houston, who sued the company in 2002 because he was fired a day after refusing to participate in a group prayer to Jesus Christ at a company training program. Latif is a Muslim. The suit was settled, but the terms were not disclosed, Forbes reported.

Forbes noted that Chick-fil-A might face more discrimination lawsuits if it didn't screen potential hires and operators so rigorously, with many job candidates going through a yearlong vetting process with dozens of interviews that can last as long as five hours. The parent company also asks people who apply for operator licenses to disclose their marital status, number of dependents, and involvement in community, civic, social, church and professional organizations.

Federal law does not prohibit employers from asking potential hires questions about religion and marital status during interviews, and companies have even wider latitude in approving franchisees.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #55
ManInTheMirror
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
I know, right?

ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:59 PM   #56
WCTYSON
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I love Chick-fil-a for most of the reasons people stated. The people are incredibly friendly, they are fast, and they rarely screw up an order. I have also noticed that when you eat inside the place they will come around and check on you and even offer to refill your drink at no extra cost. The place is normally very clean and well taken care of. And last but not least, I really love their food. They don't have too many variations but what items they do offer, they do them very well.

While I don't agree with their stance on gay rights and marriage, I also know that if I were to dig deep enough on any company, I could find something I disagree with. From how Walmart treats their employees, to Apple using Foxconn to produce products in China, to supermarkets who don't sell humanely raised beef and eggs, it all boils down to your own personal convictions and what matters to you. I certainly cannot judge anyone else, I am using an Apple iPad to type this out while watching cable TV on an Xbox One, all items made in incredibly adverse conditions in China.
I agree 100%. Living in this country, it is nearly impossible to be a responsible consumer. I do not shop at Wal-Mart for many reasons and I do not buy from that chicken place for the stated reasons either. Thanks for letting me think this through more and helping me to realize why I am differentiating. I guess when the hate and exploitation are at your front door it is easier to see.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #57
eaglescubs555

I am sure there are tons of companies that share the same beliefs as Chick-Fil-A. Plenty of them probably do not come out and say it though.

This is the worst feeling about Chick Fil A:

eaglescubs555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #58
r0yals2012

I LOVE CHICK-FIL-A! Best fast food chicken out there and also the freshest. Since one has moved to my town, haven't touched McDonalds chicken or any other fast food chicken besides Wendys. Being closed on Sunday does not bother me. A lot of stores were closed on Sunday anyway way back in like the 60's or 70's. I usually get the grilled chicken sandwich, chicken strips, or the chicken nuggets with fries and a lemonade. Their milkshakes are pretty good too
Waymaker Miracle Worker Promise Keeper My God That is Who You Are
r0yals2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:42 PM   #59
pmannings#1fan

I enjoy Chik Fil A, great service, friendly employees & awesome food. They continue to get my money & full support no matter how they because I know I'm not hated there.

Just remember God loves Chik Fil A & the SEC
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #60
WCTYSON
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
I enjoy Chik Fil A, great service, friendly employees & awesome food. They continue to get my money & full support no matter how they because I know I'm not hated there.

Just remember God loves Chik Fil A & the SEC
Pope Francis Says Right-Wing Christians Have An Illness
Old 12-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #61
daverat

Nuggets are great but, have to order two for a meal

In 2023 the Texas Rangers won the World Series
daverat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #62
pmannings#1fan

Hey bro I like Pope Francis even though he's Catholic & I am Lutheran. He was once a bouncer & I believe he is doing good for plenty of people. My opinion of him is he is a very modest & simple man. Thanks for the story even though I fly straight, no right-wing or left-wing unless I'm fighting beside the NRA or for the legalization of marijuana.
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:40 AM   #63
Gibberish

Chic-filet...best franchise chicken hands down....

PER SUNDAY....the one up the hill was open this last Sunday and we noticed it INSTANTLY. We didn;t stop by to see why,but we found it damn peculiar
Old 12-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #64
Gmrson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
But in fact, the company has been sued at least a dozen times for employment discrimination, according to Forbes magazine.

One of the cases involved Aziz Latif, a former Chick-fil-A restaurant manager in Houston, who sued the company in 2002 because he was fired a day after refusing to participate in a group prayer to Jesus Christ at a company training program. Latif is a Muslim. The suit was settled, but the terms were not disclosed, Forbes reported.

Forbes noted that Chick-fil-A might face more discrimination lawsuits if it didn't screen potential hires and operators so rigorously, with many job candidates going through a yearlong vetting process with dozens of interviews that can last as long as five hours. The parent company also asks people who apply for operator licenses to disclose their marital status, number of dependents, and involvement in community, civic, social, church and professional organizations.

Federal law does not prohibit employers from asking potential hires questions about religion and marital status during interviews, and companies have even wider latitude in approving franchisees.

see, now that is stuff I can agree with your boycott, not just someones view or beliefs. As far as I have ever heard, been taught, and encountered, marital status and religion are off-limits in an interview. I need some cash, maybe I should rig a hidden camera and go apply there.

I don't have a problem is optional prayer or "quiet" time, but shouldn't cost someone their job. Schools should have that in the morning for those who want to pray, or reflect on something, or think about the day ahead. I guess the problem would be someone would demand it be called prayer time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
I don't see that much anger, just discussion. But with the written word, you have to add your own inflection.

Last edited by Gmrson; 12-13-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Gmrson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #65
JosieD

I do not eat there. We just got one in Lancaster not too long ago. Maybe about a year or 2. Had it before when I was in college and loved it. Great food, excellent customer service And very prompt, correct service.

My thing is he just isn't attacking households with same sex head of the household, he is attacking any household that doesn't fit his standard of a traditional family. Single moms or dads, divorced families, blended families, etc. Last time I checked the bible has lots of polygamous relationships as well.

Day of Breakfast Fundraising: $480
Current total: $130
JosieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #66
fm8418

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

I could careless about their beliefs(which to me are stupid), I like their chicken.

It's great people want to have so called morals, but every company is shady.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #67
tajikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
I do not eat there. We just got one in Lancaster not too long ago. Maybe about a year or 2. Had it before when I was in college and loved it. Great food, excellent customer service And very prompt, correct service.

My thing is he just isn't attacking households with same sex head of the household, he is attacking any household that doesn't fit his standard of a traditional family. Single moms or dads, divorced families, blended families, etc. Last time I checked the bible has lots of polygamous relationships as well.
I respect you, Josie, but there's a significant difference between the Old Testament and the New Testament. If you're going to include the Bible in an argument, at least understand the ramifications of your statement.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #68
TrueNE_09

I feel like I'm really missing out here, wow. I've never been to one, never actually even seen one before. I gotta keep a look out for one....see what all the DRAMA is about!
Old 12-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #69
tajikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post
I feel like I'm really missing out here, wow. I've never been to one, never actually even seen one before. I gotta keep a look out for one....see what all the DRAMA is about!
I do not believe they've built one on Uranus quite yet, Dennis. However, once you find one, you'll certainly have stuff coming out your anus.

The closest one to you is at 75 Middlesex Turnpike. I may or may not be your stalker.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #70
Deathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
I do not believe they've built one on Uranus quite yet, Dennis. However, once you find one, you'll certainly have stuff coming out your anus.

The closest one to you is at 75 Middlesex Turnpike. I may or may not be your stalker.
I'm pretty sure we can go with - yes, yes you are.

ePack Id: goatcollector2012 - always looking to trade for Kitty Pryde, Black Cat or Rachel Summers cards - digital, base, inserts and sketches wanted
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #71
jiggidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Chick-Fil-A still does not have any Michigan locations that I am aware of. We tried to get my in laws into a Chick-Fil-A franchise when they sold their land for their business and we were told there were none available in Michigan! Instead my in laws stuck with their current business in a new location and ran it into the ground. Oh well!
There is 1 location in Michigan. On Oakland University's campus. Never been there but I think Chick Fil A would do amazing here. We see their damn commercials all the time.
Buying Barry Sanders PSA Slabs
jiggidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #72
TrueNE_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post

If you mention my anus and stalker again like that, I may just explode. With excitement. Figuratively, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathgate View Post
I'm pretty sure we can go with - yes, yes you are.
You don't know what his admission does for my morale right now. So good.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #73
greentown

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggidy View Post
There is 1 location in Michigan. On Oakland University's campus. Never been there but I think Chick Fil A would do amazing here. We see their damn commercials all the time.
I believe the ones that are not in the usual southern areas are actually owned by the PFG group. If you notice the oddball locations always seem to be on college campuses. I know the NYU one is PFG. The problem is, they do not follow the same standards as company owned stores. Heavy use of heat lamps, McDonald' level customer service, never as clean, and food is just not the same.

To paraphrase a wise man, you can't taste politics, baby!
greentown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #74
BearsFaninCltNC

Food is ok, overpriced if you ask me. Charlotte has a new chain called cookout that is sprouting out everywhere. I get a combo with grilled chicken, quesdilla, onion rings and drink for 3.99. Their chicken is just as good and grilled fresh!

Cookout is christian owned too, the cups are printed with John 3:16. Some dont care like me!
Old 12-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #75
greentown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsFaninCltNC View Post
Cookout is christian owned too, the cups are printed with John 3:16. Some dont care like me!
In 'n Out does that with their packaging as well.
greentown is offline   Reply With Quote