Hot List

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > WWE & WRESTLING

Notices

WWE & WRESTLING Post your WWE/Wrestling Cards Hobby Talk

Old 06-14-2015, 10:41 PM   #15001
BoxBreaker72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyster66 View Post
Sigh.... Might take a break. Rollins stale, Sheamus stale, PTP, though they used to be good, stale now, Nikki Stale, Ryback Stale, Cena The only good one out of the lot.
This is sarcasm right? Cena was stale 7 years ago.
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:03 PM   #15002
fazzle

Cena as he is now is the best he's been in years though
fazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:11 PM   #15003
Rhyster66
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
This is sarcasm right? Cena was stale 7 years ago.
Cena brought it tonight and in general within this feud. You can continue to be one who still thinks it's cool to dislike Cena in every feud he enters, but give him credit for making Owens look very strong. And no there has not been any carrying in any of the matches, both men did their equal share.
Rhyster66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:58 AM   #15004
CharlieHustle

That main event was a real stinker. Such a shame. I was expecting NOTHING from the rest of the card, except Owens/Cena, but actually, the undercard was pretty good. Cena/Owens was phenomenal, but that main event was atrocious. They need to either get Rollins over clean or get the belt on someone else. I'm suspecting yet another rematch between Ambrose / Rollins at Battleground, and I'm already not looking forward to it. They need to shake up this Authority / Seth Rollins angle really quick., as there isn't much tread left on Rollins/Ambrose. We've seen all the gimmick matches between them and still, no clean finish. The longer they play this out, the more they diminish what was the best feud going in WWE.
CharlieHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:46 AM   #15005
gorillaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieHustle View Post
That main event was a real stinker. Such a shame. I was expecting NOTHING from the rest of the card, except Owens/Cena, but actually, the undercard was pretty good. Cena/Owens was phenomenal, but that main event was atrocious. They need to either get Rollins over clean or get the belt on someone else. I'm suspecting yet another rematch between Ambrose / Rollins at Battleground, and I'm already not looking forward to it. They need to shake up this Authority / Seth Rollins angle really quick., as there isn't much tread left on Rollins/Ambrose. We've seen all the gimmick matches between them and still, no clean finish. The longer they play this out, the more they diminish what was the best feud going in WWE.
Seth won CLEAN tonight...
gorillaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:29 AM   #15006
AceGambit3

I normally don't say my thoughts on the ppv as I genuinely enjoy them for the most part but last night aside from a few small spots and the PTP.....That Pay Per View was atrocious. It actually got me to contemplate even continuing to watch Raw. Here's hoping Monday can salvage something.
AceGambit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:50 AM   #15007
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillaz View Post
You're trying to say both men falling off the ladder with both holding the belt is a clean win?

I can Raw showing a replay showing that Dean unhitched the belt and technically won or something bs, just to continue the feud to battleground.

I was hoping Bray would fued with anyone but Reigns, neither guy wins. Though Brays outfit was awesome!

The Butcher of Hype haha
Shane Ray Prizm 1/1, Demaryius Thomas 2015 prizm /10
Pot Roast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:59 AM   #15008
Jedi1823

The WWE really has no idea what to do with Roman.

They try to turn him into another Cena, instead of keeping him as the silent badass character that got over big time. They put him in a go nowhere feud with Show, where Show kicked his ass constantly. They finally figure it out and turn him back into the badass, he gains momentum, his natural self comes through, he washes off the stink of the horrible booking they had him in from his return from injury till Mania, and then they cut his legs out from under him by throwing him into a feud with Bray.

This does Roman no favors at all.
Jedi1823 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:42 AM   #15009
BoxBreaker72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyster66 View Post
Cena brought it tonight and in general within this feud. You can continue to be one who still thinks it's cool to dislike Cena in every feud he enters, but give him credit for making Owens look very strong. And no there has not been any carrying in any of the matches, both men did their equal share.
I'm not trying to be cool.

He's literally been the same exact character for almost a decade without a single change to anything. If that isn't stale I don't know what is.

Fans in the 13th row can hear him calling spots. I have nothing against him personally. I just think he's garbage as a wrestler.

He's an OK promo at times and he's been a great "company man". Not taking that away from him.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:11 AM   #15010
natbornkiller

i am tired of the following
super cena
the joke of a women division
rollins vs ambrose or reigns
bray vs ambrose or reigns
Old 06-15-2015, 11:34 AM   #15011
mikecala98

The July 4 Tokyo show may be the only thing worth watching until Summerslam. Depending on the Summerslam card I may sell my tickets to the following night's Raw.
mikecala98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:39 AM   #15012
mikecamp99

What's happening with Reigns is almost exactly what they did with Bryan leading up to his win at WM 30. Let's look at the similarities:

Bryan gets chosen to fight Cena for the Championship, wins and loses it the same night to get heat on Orton and to get Bryan more over with fans.

Reigns wins the Rumble for Championship matches, has the match won and is screwed to get heat on Rollins and to get fans more over with Reigns (which kind of worked)

Bryan chased the title for a little while after (getting screwed over and over) and eventually never regained the title and out of the title picture.

Reigns has been in the title picture for a little while, whether it being actual title shots or attempts at the title (MITB) only to eventually fall out of the title picture.

Bryan for no reason starts feuding with Bray Wyatt, then eventually ends that feud and is back in the title picture and wins the Title.

Reigns for no reason is starting a feud with Bray Wyatt, ...............

Now the big difference between the two if they are purposely correlating is they did not want Bryan in the Title picture, but the fans pushed for him so hard they were forced to put him in the picture. I feel they are purposely doing the same thing with Reigns now, slow burn chase for the title and then will get his title shot at Summerslam.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:16 PM   #15013
duwal

Think there will be some kind of tribute on RAW tonight for Dusty??
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:23 PM   #15014
Deadshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
If I were to write something, it would look like this. Cena comes out again to issue open challenge, there's a long pause, and Cody walks out (no Stardust). Insert random heel to come out and help Cena get the win, and Goldust comes out to help his brother. In doing so, Cena retains title, Rhodes emerge victorious, and you now have a heel to use in a feud with Cody (which gives him an actual storyline again).

Now keep in mind, I don't actually watch all that often and just try and keep up with storylines online. You will have to fill in the gap here as to who could feud with Cody and why they would even want to help Cena. But I think it could work.
Deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:36 PM   #15015
andyzk3

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
They're airing something on the Network AFTER Raw, not sure about during it though.

Set Progress: 17/65 (26.1%)
andyzk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:11 PM   #15016
Newbs

Johnny Football with a Miz shirt....shocker

I collect 49ers, SF Giants, Nevada Alumni and Orlando Magic
Newbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:40 PM   #15017
natbornkiller

so.................
who going to be #1 contender ?
Old 06-15-2015, 08:19 PM   #15018
Rhyster66
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
so.................
who going to be #1 contender ?

That 1 guy who created that one city
Rhyster66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:56 PM   #15019
CharlieHustle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillaz View Post
That was not a clean victory. That outcome was the equivalent of a coin flip.
Sheamus was a clean victory. Cena was a clean victory.
Rollins/Ambrose was 2 guys falling off a ladder. One guy fell and rolled left, the other fell and rolled right. The guy who rolled the correct way, won the match. That's not how you cap off a 45 minute match, let alone a championship feud that has been brewing for one year+ and still doesn't have a clean finish in the books.
10 months ago, Rollins/Ambrose was the hottest story in wrestling. Now here we are, 4+ matches later and even though Seth is the Champion of the company, they still won't put him over Ambrose, definitively.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:07 PM   #15020
fazzle

Rollins SHOULDN'T be getting too many clean definitive victories. His whole character is a dirty slimeball bastard who always just barely escapes. It'll just make the fans pop more when someone does beat the hell out of him.
fazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:14 PM   #15021
natbornkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzle View Post
Rollins SHOULDN'T be getting too many clean definitive victories. His whole character is a dirty slimeball bastard who always just barely escapes. It'll just make the fans pop more when someone does beat the hell out of him.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:19 PM   #15022
duwal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbs View Post
Johnny Football with a Miz shirt....shocker

ha, Seth Rollins "Johnny Idiot Face over there isn't going to bring you a title"
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:07 PM   #15023
BoxBreaker72

Rollins had his best promo BY FAR tonight when he trolled Cleveland.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:34 PM   #15024
CharlieHustle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzle View Post
There's a fine line between Rollins maintaining a weasel-like character and WWE maintaining a credible champion. At this point, you could stack up Rollins, J&J security and Kane in one corner, then put Lesnar in the other corner. Wrestling fans would be saying that Rollins and his entourage are the underdogs. A whole team vs one man, and it's the team that's the underdog. Because WWE has painted the team as a non-cohesive unit and the champion as a weak champion.
Rollins is tilted so far in the direction of "weasel heel" that if he loses ONCE to Lesnar, he's done as a credible threat in the main event scene. If he disbanded from the Authority tomorrow and struck out on his own as a singles competitor, would anyone buy him as a PPV main-eventer?
I dont think they would.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:34 PM   #15025
Brobocop

First time in a while going to Raw, I had aisle side seats. If you saw a fool repping a "Brie Mode" shirt that'd be me (totally worth it as I got a wink and a high five on her way out). Place went nuts over the Rollins troll but the crowd went nuts for Lesnar. Pretty good show overall, but that just could be the fact that a live show is always more fun than watching it on TV.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote