Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 08-04-2017, 02:42 PM   #26
Bryanjs14
Banned

sent an e-mail to Brian Gray with scans of my two sketch autos from pop century by Hepner, as well as the full PDF that was posted here this morning. Any response I get I will paste into this thread for anyone else who might have a leaf auto sketch from him as well. No matter what your opinion of them, Leaf has already backed their products and anytime there has been something in question they have been quick to address and fix the problem.

Last edited by Bryanjs14; 08-04-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:12 PM   #27
Faulkenburg

Send a message via AIM to Faulkenburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
sent an e-mail to Brian Gray with scans of my two sketch autos from pop century by Hepner, as well as the full PDF that was posted here this morning. Any response I get I will paste into this thread for anyone else who might have a leaf auto sketch from him as well
There's a Josh Gad as the snowman on eBay. Waaay overpriced, but I've been watching it wondering if Disney would have it taken down. Very ballsy of Leaf to use such a recognized licensed character. I thought it looked really good and just noticed it was Hepner...
Old 08-04-2017, 03:16 PM   #28
DrGhostbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KandJ View Post
damn, I was going to go after this one on eBay. Thanks op for posting the link. Saved me some money.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADAM-WEST-20...53.m1438.l2649
I had my eye on this as well. Not touching it now. I have met Adam West and have a few autos I got in person, so I was wanting this more for the sketch then the auto.

Very grateful that the Pop Century Daisy Ridley Auto/Sketch I got in the draft on here is by the Glebe twins and not this clown.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:55 PM   #29
jdhaugh11

In this case I feel I rip his talent because he is not a real artist.
In figure 3 with the 4 photos of Leia, it is obvious that he only has basic artistic skills, and the finished product could never have been done by hand from this guy.

It would be like me drawing a stick figure and then a Glebe sketch next to it and saying: "Look at the masterpiece I created". LOL!

This is worse than those fake before and after photos of people losing 100 lbs in just 1 month!
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:56 PM   #30
jdhaugh11

We all know who is going to be the most upset, the one collector that we have all sold to in the past with the largest collection in the world!
I bet he has 100 of this guys sketch cards!
Old 08-04-2017, 03:59 PM   #31
jdhaugh11

Also anyone notice on the 2nd to last page on the pdf that there are 3 red ding dongs? LOL
Old 08-04-2017, 04:24 PM   #32
Bryanjs14
Banned

Can't wait to hear Topps response as well
Old 08-04-2017, 04:28 PM   #33
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
Can't wait to hear Topps response as well
Do you think they'll respond publicly about an artist? I'd assume there's some legal stuff that'd happen where Topps would get back the $20 they paid him for the 200 sketch cards he's done

Plus we can't even get Topps to give us set specifics, I doubt they're in a rush to comment on this. He'll probably be let go in private.

Question is, what process do they have to make sure artists aren't doing things like this? How do they and other companies prevent it from happening again?

Look at the whole autopen fiasco.
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 04:30 PM   #34
Miss Lizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
Also anyone notice on the 2nd to last page on the pdf that there are 3 red ding dongs? LOL
It always ends up looking like that when you cover up people's names and pics on Facebook. The 13 yr old in me giggles every time.

This is a pretty sad situation overall. I haven't pulled many of his sketches that I can recall, but I did sell one a while back. Looking at the scan now, it does look a little bit off. Just look at his ear:

Miss Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 04:45 PM   #35
bchepnersartcom
Banned

Default Hello BC Hepner here

Hello i rarely get on here but i was told in a MSG on Facebook about a Thread concerning me so i will post my Reply. I was contacted by a guy who does some art cards i think in the UK Lee Brown about some page owned by the real bruce or something saying i was printing off images and selling them,So long story short .I went there and posted my cards i done for TOPPS and a few others ive done upclose so they can see the images and see it was hand painted as it flowed off the paper to the logo.I then slammed his as i then seen lee was talking about it in a star wars TOPPS private group.I then seen these cards by his buddy bruce or something,,,and they were fake print outs.I blew them up,,,Posted them,And then i just told everyone i had better things to do in life,,,told everyone good luck,and left the group...45 mins later some wanna be type appointed admins took up for there buddys,,,and then the whole fake thing was on me... I see it as a simple ploy to discredit me as they are wanna be type artist or just collectors who jump on a ban wagon when they see there buds bettin called out ......Look i have been a professional art for 35 years...I am proud to say i have done art for many Top Celebs in the Rock and roll and Tv/Music/And motion picture biz,,,Also my tattoo flash art is still sold world wide at tattoo johhny.com and cam supply. well before getting into doing cards.I done it because i was sent an email to do some sets like most,,it was fun to do but no money in it...here is the image he posted as his work . So in short.I have no idea about posting images in here but all my work is on the website.Also i see a few post about my Leaf cards. My videos show me working on many cards but i have one that tells everyone the real deal here at- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCbWUAXRmvs ...I hope it comes up..it was fun to do..So in closing. I have nothing but respect for others,,,But this was a simple ambush as i did not see a fellow artist jealous of my work set me up like this....Its hard to see at my experience i was fooled,,You can see my work in HD on my site or i post Videos all the time here also at - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ar70ShueZE&t=150s Well i have work to do...Good kinda chattin with everyone.. Good luck everyone,,,If someone shows me how to upload a few pics in HD,,,Well ill be happy to do so.....
bchepnersartcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 04:50 PM   #36
Bryanjs14
Banned

oh boy. get the popcorn. this is gonna be fun.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:52 PM   #37
Bryanjs14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
Do you think they'll respond publicly about an artist? I'd assume there's some legal stuff that'd happen where Topps would get back the $20 they paid him for the 200 sketch cards he's done

Plus we can't even get Topps to give us set specifics, I doubt they're in a rush to comment on this. He'll probably be let go in private.

Question is, what process do they have to make sure artists aren't doing things like this? How do they and other companies prevent it from happening again?

Look at the whole autopen fiasco.
Ummm, you have hundreds of potential customers with fraudulent sketches in their possession.

Yeah, topps is going to speak up about this.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:54 PM   #38
nabzy28

This forum has been making a STRONG run at the bk forums these past few weeks. Heck, school's still out for a couple weeks at least, perhaps even more to follow?
Old 08-04-2017, 04:57 PM   #39
LBillustration

Default Bob lol

Bob i called you out after seeing a post on the starwars collectors group. You gave me abuse and blocked me. Then made your stupid "start to finish" slight of hand video. Dont try and take the high ground like people are picking on you. You are not the victim
LBillustration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:00 PM   #40
joudenjouden

Bob, you're full of crap. You've got a little bit of art talent in making your 10 minutes sketches at cons, but then you decided to take it further and just print fake art. Your printed cards are insulting. I've looked around at all these things you claim to have been hired for and couldn't find you anywhere. I believe they are just lies to boost your popularity. You should be ashamed of the way you stole the money of many collectors.

Rant over. Glad you are getting what's coming for you. Now I'll just sit back and enjoy the rest of the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joudenjouden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:01 PM   #41
Eissacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
This forum has been making a STRONG run at the bk forums these past few weeks. Heck, school's still out for a couple weeks at least, perhaps even more to follow?

Compared to last weeks giant cluster F this one has a lot of evidence behind it.
Eissacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:02 PM   #42
harry lime

Bob...Post another video from start to finish doing another one of those "Leia" cards, camera over head showing your process for all to see...that will silence your critics. No cuts, so edits, one continuous shot...
Afterall..it should only take you 8mins to do.....
harry lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:02 PM   #43
Bryanjs14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eissacs View Post
Compared to last weeks giant cluster F this one has a lot of evidence behind it.
yes it does. the other thing was just people jumping to assumptions because of some eBay sales. this one the evidence is right there in the first page. If anyone took the time to read the whole document linked, it would be hard to dispute.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:04 PM   #44
harry lime

Also could we have a link to your "Guinness World Record"...should be easy to find on their website.....go!
harry lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:24 PM   #45
Cubby5454

One of my biggest pet peeves.
If you are unsure of your English or context skills, a tip would be to write the post in Word first and then copy and paste to the boards.

Now, are we really going to question the word of a man who has been a "professional art for 35 years"?

He seems to make a lot of claims. Many of which seem easy to verify.
Maybe if he provides the names of some of the celebs he claims to have done artwork for, we can hit them up on social media to verify. Many celebs are more than willing to help.

Also, as mentioned, try doing a sketch card start to finish on camera and either post the video or better yet, do it live like a breaker.

One thing I would ask though is- who are the artists associated with the 29 page report? They should be named if they are going to accuse someone like that. Please forgive me if they did come forward and I didn't see it. But I don't think I saw any of their names on the report.
Cubby5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:28 PM   #46
DrGhostbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchepnersartcom View Post
Look i have been a professional art for 35 years
Did you go to school to become a professional art?

Or are you just so good, you are far too superior to be considered an artist, and have become art itself?
Old 08-04-2017, 05:28 PM   #47
DrGhostbuster

Dangit Cubby, you beat me to it.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:30 PM   #48
Cubby5454

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGhostbuster View Post
Dangit Cubby, you beat me to it.
Yeah, but yours was a lot funnier!
Cubby5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:31 PM   #49
Eissacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby5454 View Post
Yeah, but yours was a lot funnier!

Quick! Edit your comment to "totally not steal" his joke.
Eissacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:34 PM   #50
Faulkenburg

Send a message via AIM to Faulkenburg

In honor of Bob joining the conversation, I've created my first sketch. Bob taught me everything I know.