Blowout Cards Forums
NFL Draft

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 07-23-2015, 08:05 PM   #26
dmarren349

In other news, the Reds will sign the kid, @Justin_buchanan to a pinch runner contract.
dmarren349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:13 PM   #27
rob11nats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarren349 View Post
In other news, the Reds will sign the kid, @Justin_buchanan to a pinch runner contract.
They should have him start in CF and make Hamilton the pinch runner. This kid will probably have a better OBP.
rob11nats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 01:53 AM   #28
COEFOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
I found some serious trolling towards him in 2008-2009 on his posts here. All talking about lawsuits and ambulances.

There is an epic Antibush thread from 2008 he posted in .

I need to dig more. Oh he had another username.
MODS feel free to move this to a member call out thread.

Lying about military service is dishonorable and upsets members of the military and I would question the integrity of any individual that does something like that. The one thing I will say about myself is that I am an Active Army Officer with multiple deployments to Eastern Afghanistan in the Light Infantry.

I also know nothing of this man and hold no personal grudge.

So here we go....

First I will just list out some quotes with links to the actual threads. After them I will dissect what he is claiming.

Supposed SM has claimed to be in the Marines on numerous occasions.

From 2009:
"As a Marine, I could eat anything and still struggle to be 165 pounds, I think I topped out at 191. Now 8 years removed from that and I'm pushing 275 and on a diet and exercising."
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/o...otal-scam.html

From 2010:
"My resolution was to get down to my Marine Corps weight of 186 lbs. That isn't likely, but 196 is in range."
"The added motivation is that my old CO says the rules are changing and if I can make weight and prove I'm healed up (not an easy task) that I can get back into the Marines."
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/o...tml#post540090

"I'm just asking if anyone had heard of this. Its not like I don't know about nutrition etc. having been a Marine and all, I was curious if anyone had heard of this particular system. "
"I'll keep you guys informed. Marine Corps weigh-in for me is November 1, 2011... 14 months to go."
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/o...d-body-vi.html

"I'll be a lawyer for a few more years, but I'll always be a marine. Actually trying to get back in shape and see if the JAG wants me. I got medicaled out the first time, so there will be a few hurdles, but if I get a 300 PFT, I'd like to see them tell me that a ten year old shoulder injury should keep me out."
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/o...hour-30-a.html

From 2011:
"As some of you guys might remember (I don't expect anyone to keep up with my day to day) I was notified by my old C.O. that the rules have changed for Marine Corps eligibility and the shoulder injury that put me out of the Marine Corps in 2003 would no longer be a problem.
I was told that if I could prove I could pass a PFT and hit weight metrics I'd be able to get back in. As insane as it sounds, I want back in. So since that day in August I've been dieting and training."
"The PFT is 3 miles. 24 minutes passes, then every 10 seconds you shave off is worth 5 points. At my best I was doing 19:10 (I'm kind of a slow white guy), but if I can get to 20:00 or so I'll be in good shape to have a competitive PFT."
"I'm concerned with the knee/ankle. I'm 33, so its not like I'm a kid. My cardio-system is fine with the other things I'm doing. I expect that when I get to 240 I'll start running again, which will be within the next eight weeks or so. "
"It flashed me back to my days in ROTC. At 5:30 AM our C.O. got us and dragged us up to the campus gym to do an aerobics class. We got there and there was this bleached blonde toothpick who was going to run us through a 45 minute routine. We all thought we had the morning off.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/o...ft-update.html

And from July of this year:
"... and before anyone brings up that they were in the military or on the way to the military at that age, I was in Marine Corps ROTC at the time with a ticket to Afghanistan waiting for me... it didn't keep me from saying stupid things."
"I joined in 2001. After 9-11 we were told to get ready to go. No one knew what was happening. I didn't know a whole lot else. Like I said I was pretty stupid at 22."
"We were all pretty sure where we were going after that, no one told us but it was always get ready. Remember, they were wondering if George Bush was going to ask Congress to declare war. The rules would have changed then."
"Truth is I got hurt prior to OCS. I tried to enlist in the army but the injury was too severe. As far as crickets y'all, I have this thing called a life and a career and I'm not on here all that often these days because of it. Sorry if I offended anyone here, but did anyone who had anything to do with the military really know exactly what was going to happen to them in October of 2001?"
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/o...ml#post9506372

About the ambulance driving on 9/11 from 2010:
"Was in my first year of law school. Had quit my job at an ambulance company that routinely went to lower Manhattan on August 25, 2001 to go to Mississippi for school. I was one of those cowboys who drove ambulances like their pants were on fire. Protocol would be to drive right into the tower since it had a huge parking area. I know I would have driven in, after all planes had hit the towers before and they never even got close to falling down. Being a cowboy, I had friends who were the same way. A lot of them never got out of the building. I went to lay flowers on one of their graves, like I have every year for 7 years now (the first year they were just declared missing). We had to bury one of his spare uniforms because he was incinerated in the building.
... that would have been me. ... it should have been."
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/o...tml#post733415

In 2011:
"Wow, you really hit it on the head. Before going to law school, I was an EMT. In New York City. I asked everyone I helped if they were a Muslim before I helped them. Before I ran into buildings other people were running out of, I asked, are there any Muslims in there?"
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/o...ml#post2031760

Alright, the quotes are out of the way. Let's knock out his ambulance thing first because that's easy and everything else will fall into place.

Originally in 2010 he claimed that he had left New York City on 25 AUG 2001 to go to school in Mississippi. He exhibits remorse of friends lost. Tracking, no issue.

THEN, in 2011 he claims that he was there running into buildings and helping people. NOPE.

Moving onto being in the Marines.

Right off the bat, straight up, there is no Marines ROTC. Doesn't exist. There is a NROTC (Navy) which prior to commissioning may allow you to become a Marine Lieutenant. It is highly competitive.

He also claimed to get hurt in OCS in 2001. OCS is not ROTC and is not comparable nor similar to ROTC. Marine Corps OCS is at Quantico (I myself am an Army OCS grad) in Virginia. Again, it is highly competitive and he couldn't have been at OCS if he was in Mississippi for college in late 2001. No way, no how.

He says he wants to rejoin the Marines as a 33 year old based on talking with his old CO 8 years after supposedly leaving the service. His old CO would have been either out the Marines 8 years later or a Lieutenant Colonel. I find it doubtful that an LTC would be looking out for him, still talking to him, and trying to get him into shape to "rejoin" the Marines. This is assuming when he says old CO he is speaking of a Captain and not a Lieutenant Colonel (who would be either retired or a one star after 8 years). Also the maximum allowable age to join the Marines is 34 so I don't know when he was planning on doing the PFT or height/weight.

In addition, if you have a serious medical condition that caused you to be discharged from the service, there was a process that you had to go through. In the Army it is called a Medial Evaluation Board, not sure what it is in the Marines but I am sure it is the same type of long drawn out process. Depending on your disability and your characterization of discharge you may or may never be allowed to rejoin the service. It is not as simple as just taking a PFT and it's all good again. You have to be reevaluated and seen to be fit for duty by a board of medical professionals, again as long as your discharge allows you to attempt to come back into the service. I will tell you from personal experience that the majority of medical discharges are permanent and that the SM is usually not allowed to rejoin the service.

He says that he was in law school in 2001, which tells me that he had already finished his degree. What kind of degree I wonder if he was an ambulance driver in New York? To the best of my knowledge, there is no ROTC for law school student but the military can reimburse your student loans if you go into the JAG.

Soooooo, he left New York in August of 2001, went to law school in Mississippi, went to OCS and ROTC all in the matter of a few months as in 2009 he claims he "got out" eight years prior. That's quite a few months, not to mention saving people from buildings.

How was he in Marine Corps ROTC (which we have already seen doesn't exist) when 9/11 happened when he had just moved to Mississippi a few weeks prior?

Being in ROTC does not mean you are in the military. Being in ROTC does not even guarantee you Active Duty. NOBODY in ROTC would say that they are going to Afghanistan shortly. That is ridiculous. He didn't join anything in 2001. He didn't serve anywhere, he wasn't saving people from buildings. He was never in the Marines. I eagerly await either enlistment paperwork, commissioning documents, or a DD 214 showing actual discharge from service for what couldn't have been more than a few months of "service" based on his quotes above.

Based on other threads I found it appears he really loves his country and that maybe at one point he did want to serve. I also think he had a lot of physical problems and was horribly overweight as to make serving impossible.

Pending your questions.

As an Afghanistan veteran this quote offends me the most.

"... and before anyone brings up that they were in the military or on the way to the military at that age, I was in Marine Corps ROTC at the time with a ticket to Afghanistan waiting for me... it didn't keep me from saying stupid things."

Last edited by COEFOR; 07-24-2015 at 02:00 AM.
COEFOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:40 AM   #29
groundsupport
Banned

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Quote:
Originally Posted by coefor View Post
mods feel free to move this to a member call out thread.

Lying about military service is dishonorable and upsets members of the military and i would question the integrity of any individual that does something like that. The one thing i will say about myself is that i am an active army officer with multiple deployments to eastern afghanistan in the light infantry.

So here we go....

First i will just list out some quotes with links to the actual threads. After them i will dissect what he is claiming.

Supposed sm has claimed to be in the marines on numerous occasions.

From 2009:
"as a marine, i could eat anything and still struggle to be 165 pounds, i think i topped out at 191. Now 8 years removed from that and i'm pushing 275 and on a diet and exercising."

from 2010:
"my resolution was to get down to my marine corps weight of 186 lbs. That isn't likely, but 196 is in range."
"the added motivation is that my old co says the rules are changing and if i can make weight and prove i'm healed up (not an easy task) that i can get back into the marines."

"i'm just asking if anyone had heard of this. Its not like i don't know about nutrition etc. Having been a marine and all, i was curious if anyone had heard of this particular system. "
"i'll keep you guys informed. Marine corps weigh-in for me is november 1, 2011... 14 months to go."

"i'll be a lawyer for a few more years, but i'll always be a marine. Actually trying to get back in shape and see if the jag wants me. I got medicaled out the first time, so there will be a few hurdles, but if i get a 300 pft, i'd like to see them tell me that a ten year old shoulder injury should keep me out."

from 2011:
"as some of you guys might remember (i don't expect anyone to keep up with my day to day) i was notified by my old c.o. That the rules have changed for marine corps eligibility and the shoulder injury that put me out of the marine corps in 2003 would no longer be a problem.
I was told that if i could prove i could pass a pft and hit weight metrics i'd be able to get back in. As insane as it sounds, i want back in. So since that day in august i've been dieting and training."
"the pft is 3 miles. 24 minutes passes, then every 10 seconds you shave off is worth 5 points. At my best i was doing 19:10 (i'm kind of a slow white guy), but if i can get to 20:00 or so i'll be in good shape to have a competitive pft."
"i'm concerned with the knee/ankle. I'm 33, so its not like i'm a kid. My cardio-system is fine with the other things i'm doing. I expect that when i get to 240 i'll start running again, which will be within the next eight weeks or so. "
"it flashed me back to my days in rotc. At 5:30 am our c.o. Got us and dragged us up to the campus gym to do an aerobics class. We got there and there was this bleached blonde toothpick who was going to run us through a 45 minute routine. We all thought we had the morning off.

and from july of this year:
"... And before anyone brings up that they were in the military or on the way to the military at that age, i was in marine corps rotc at the time with a ticket to afghanistan waiting for me... It didn't keep me from saying stupid things."
"i joined in 2001. After 9-11 we were told to get ready to go. No one knew what was happening. I didn't know a whole lot else. Like i said i was pretty stupid at 22."
"we were all pretty sure where we were going after that, no one told us but it was always get ready. Remember, they were wondering if george bush was going to ask congress to declare war. The rules would have changed then."
"truth is i got hurt prior to ocs. I tried to enlist in the army but the injury was too severe. As far as crickets y'all, i have this thing called a life and a career and i'm not on here all that often these days because of it. Sorry if i offended anyone here, but did anyone who had anything to do with the military really know exactly what was going to happen to them in october of 2001?"

about the ambulance driving on 9/11 from 2010:
"was in my first year of law school. Had quit my job at an ambulance company that routinely went to lower manhattan on august 25, 2001 to go to mississippi for school. I was one of those cowboys who drove ambulances like their pants were on fire. Protocol would be to drive right into the tower since it had a huge parking area. I know i would have driven in, after all planes had hit the towers before and they never even got close to falling down. Being a cowboy, i had friends who were the same way. A lot of them never got out of the building. I went to lay flowers on one of their graves, like i have every year for 7 years now (the first year they were just declared missing). We had to bury one of his spare uniforms because he was incinerated in the building.
... That would have been me. ... It should have been."

in 2011:
"wow, you really hit it on the head. Before going to law school, i was an emt. In new york city. I asked everyone i helped if they were a muslim before i helped them. Before i ran into buildings other people were running out of, i asked, are there any muslims in there?"

alright, the quotes are out of the way. Let's knock out his ambulance thing first because that's easy and everything else will fall into place.

Originally in 2010 he claimed that he had left new york city on 25 aug 2001 to go to school in mississippi. He exhibits remorse of friends lost. Tracking, no issue.

Then, in 2011 he claims that he was there running into buildings and helping people. Nope.

Moving onto being in the marines.

Right off the bat, straight up, there is no marines rotc. Doesn't exist. There is a nrotc (navy) which prior to commissioning may allow you to become a marine lieutenant. It is highly competitive.

He also claimed to get hurt in ocs in 2001. Ocs is not rotc and is not comparable nor similar to rotc. Marine corps ocs is at quantico (i myself am an army ocs grad) in virginia. Again, it is highly competitive and he couldn't have been at ocs if he was in mississippi for college in late 2001. No way, no how.

He says he wants to rejoin the marines as a 33 year old based on talking with his old co 8 years after supposedly leaving the service. His old co would have been either out the marines 8 years later or a lieutenant colonel. I find it doubtful that an ltc would be looking out for him, still talking to him, and trying to get him into shape to "rejoin" the marines. This is assuming when he says old co he is speaking of a captain and not a lieutenant colonel (who would be either retired or a one star after 8 years). Also the maximum allowable age to join the marines is 34 so i don't know when he was planning on doing the pft or height/weight.

In addition, if you have a serious medical condition that caused you to be discharged from the service, there was a process that you had to go through. In the army it is called a medial evaluation board, not sure what it is in the marines but i am sure it is the same type of long drawn out process. Depending on your disability and your characterization of discharge you may or may never be allowed to rejoin the service. It is not as simple as just taking a pft and it's all good again. You have to be reevaluated and seen to be fit for duty by a board of medical professionals, again as long as your discharge allows you to attempt to come back into the service. I will tell you from personal experience that the majority of medical discharges are permanent and that the sm is usually not allowed to rejoin the service.

He says that he was in law school in 2001, which tells me that he had already finished his degree. What kind of degree i wonder if he was an ambulance driver in new york? To the best of my knowledge, there is no rotc for law school student but the military can reimburse your student loans if you go into the jag.

Soooooo, he left new york in august of 2001, went to law school in mississippi, went to ocs and rotc all in the matter of a few months as in 2009 he claims he "got out" eight years prior. That's quite a few months, not to mention saving people from buildings.

How was he in marine corps rotc (which we have already seen doesn't exist) when 9/11 happened when he had just moved to mississippi a few weeks prior?

Being in rotc does not mean you are in the military. Being in rotc does not even guarantee you active duty. Nobody in rotc would say that they are going to afghanistan shortly. That is ridiculous. He didn't join anything in 2001. He didn't serve anywhere, he wasn't saving people from buildings. He was never in the marines. I eagerly await either enlistment paperwork, commissioning documents, or a dd 214 showing actual discharge from service for what couldn't have been more than a few months of "service" based on his quotes above.

Based on other threads i found it appears he really loves his country and that maybe at one point he did want to serve. I also think he had a lot of physical problems and was horribly overweight as to make serving impossible.

Pending your questions.

As an afghanistan veteran this quote offends me the most.

"... And before anyone brings up that they were in the military or on the way to the military at that age, i was in marine corps rotc at the time with a ticket to afghanistan waiting for me... It didn't keep me from saying stupid things."
booooooooooooom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:26 AM   #30
cnewby

Quote:
booooooooooooom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is this member still active around here?
Old 07-24-2015, 11:38 AM   #31
upsbroker06

I was at the game, the guy was like a freaking gazelle going over the wall.
upsbroker06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:42 AM   #32
upsbroker06

Quote:
Originally Posted by COEFOR View Post

Lying about military service is dishonorable and upsets members of the military and I would question the integrity of any individual that does something like that. The one thing I will say about myself is that I am an Active Army Officer with multiple deployments to Eastern Afghanistan in the Light Infantry.

So here we go....

First I will just list out some quotes with links to the actual threads. After them I will dissect what he is claiming.

From 2009:
"As a Marine, I could eat anything and still struggle to be 165 pounds, I think I topped out at 191. Now 8 years removed from that and I'm pushing 275 and on a diet and exercising."

From 2010:
"My resolution was to get down to my Marine Corps weight of 186 lbs. That isn't likely, but 196 is in range."
"The added motivation is that my old CO says the rules are changing and if I can make weight and prove I'm healed up (not an easy task) that I can get back into the Marines."

"I'm just asking if anyone had heard of this. Its not like I don't know about nutrition etc. having been a Marine and all, I was curious if anyone had heard of this particular system. "
"I'll keep you guys informed. Marine Corps weigh-in for me is November 1, 2011... 14 months to go."

"I'll be a lawyer for a few more years, but I'll always be a marine. Actually trying to get back in shape and see if the JAG wants me. I got medicaled out the first time, so there will be a few hurdles, but if I get a 300 PFT, I'd like to see them tell me that a ten year old shoulder injury should keep me out."

From 2011:
"As some of you guys might remember (I don't expect anyone to keep up with my day to day) I was notified by my old C.O. that the rules have changed for Marine Corps eligibility and the shoulder injury that put me out of the Marine Corps in 2003 would no longer be a problem.
I was told that if I could prove I could pass a PFT and hit weight metrics I'd be able to get back in. As insane as it sounds, I want back in. So since that day in August I've been dieting and training."
"The PFT is 3 miles. 24 minutes passes, then every 10 seconds you shave off is worth 5 points. At my best I was doing 19:10 (I'm kind of a slow white guy), but if I can get to 20:00 or so I'll be in good shape to have a competitive PFT."
"I'm concerned with the knee/ankle. I'm 33, so its not like I'm a kid. My cardio-system is fine with the other things I'm doing. I expect that when I get to 240 I'll start running again, which will be within the next eight weeks or so. "
"It flashed me back to my days in ROTC. At 5:30 AM our C.O. got us and dragged us up to the campus gym to do an aerobics class. We got there and there was this bleached blonde toothpick who was going to run us through a 45 minute routine. We all thought we had the morning off.

"I joined in 2001. After 9-11 we were told to get ready to go. No one knew what was happening. I didn't know a whole lot else. Like I said I was pretty stupid at 22."
"We were all pretty sure where we were going after that, no one told us but it was always get ready. Remember, they were wondering if George Bush was going to ask Congress to declare war. The rules would have changed then."
"Truth is I got hurt prior to OCS. I tried to enlist in the army but the injury was too severe. As far as crickets y'all, I have this thing called a life and a career and I'm not on here all that often these days because of it. Sorry if I offended anyone here, but did anyone who had anything to do with the military really know exactly what was going to happen to them in October of 2001?"

"Was in my first year of law school. Had quit my job at an ambulance company that routinely went to lower Manhattan on August 25, 2001 to go to Mississippi for school. I was one of those cowboys who drove ambulances like their pants were on fire. Protocol would be to drive right into the tower since it had a huge parking area. I know I would have driven in, after all planes had hit the towers before and they never even got close to falling down. Being a cowboy, I had friends who were the same way. A lot of them never got out of the building. I went to lay flowers on one of their graves, like I have every year for 7 years now (the first year they were just declared missing). We had to bury one of his spare uniforms because he was incinerated in the building.

In 2011:
"Wow, you really hit it on the head. Before going to law school, I was an EMT. In New York City. I asked everyone I helped if they were a Muslim before I helped them. Before I ran into buildings other people were running out of, I asked, are there any Muslims in there?"

Alright, the quotes are out of the way. Let's knock out his ambulance thing first because that's easy and everything else will fall into place.

Originally in 2010 he claimed that he had left New York City on 25 AUG 2001 to go to school in Mississippi. He exhibits remorse of friends lost. Tracking, no issue.

THEN, in 2011 he claims that he was there running into buildings and helping people. NOPE.

Right off the bat, straight up, there is no Marines ROTC. Doesn't exist. There is a NROTC (Navy) which prior to commissioning may allow you to become a Marine Lieutenant. It is highly competitive.

He also claimed to get hurt in OCS in 2001. OCS is not ROTC and is not comparable nor similar to ROTC. Marine Corps OCS is at Quantico (I myself am an Army OCS grad) in Virginia. Again, it is highly competitive and he couldn't have been at OCS if he was in Mississippi for college in late 2001. No way, no how.

He says he wants to rejoin the Marines as a 33 year old based on talking with his old CO 8 years after supposedly leaving the service. His old CO would have been either out the Marines 8 years later or a Lieutenant Colonel. I find it doubtful that an LTC would be looking out for him, still talking to him, and trying to get him into shape to "rejoin" the Marines. This is assuming when he says old CO he is speaking of a Captain and not a Lieutenant Colonel (who would be either retired or a one star after 8 years). Also the maximum allowable age to join the Marines is 34 so I don't know when he was planning on doing the PFT or height/weight.

In addition, if you have a serious medical condition that caused you to be discharged from the service, there was a process that you had to go through. In the Army it is called a Medial Evaluation Board, not sure what it is in the Marines but I am sure it is the same type of long drawn out process. Depending on your disability and your characterization of discharge you may or may never be allowed to rejoin the service. It is not as simple as just taking a PFT and it's all good again. You have to be reevaluated and seen to be fit for duty by a board of medical professionals, again as long as your discharge allows you to attempt to come back into the service. I will tell you from personal experience that the majority of medical discharges are permanent and that the SM is usually not allowed to rejoin the service.

He says that he was in law school in 2001, which tells me that he had already finished his degree. What kind of degree I wonder if he was an ambulance driver in New York? To the best of my knowledge, there is no ROTC for law school student but the military can reimburse your student loans if you go into the JAG.

Soooooo, he left New York in August of 2001, went to law school in Mississippi, went to OCS and ROTC all in the matter of a few months as in 2009 he claims he "got out" eight years prior. That's quite a few months, not to mention saving people from buildings.

How was he in Marine Corps ROTC (which we have already seen doesn't exist) when 9/11 happened when he had just moved to Mississippi a few weeks prior?

Being in ROTC does not mean you are in the military. Being in ROTC does not even guarantee you Active Duty. NOBODY in ROTC would say that they are going to Afghanistan shortly. That is ridiculous. He didn't join anything in 2001. He didn't serve anywhere, he wasn't saving people from buildings. He was never in the Marines. I eagerly await either enlistment paperwork, commissioning documents, or a DD 214 showing actual discharge from service for what couldn't have been more than a few months of "service" based on his quotes above.

Based on other threads I found it appears he really loves his country and that maybe at one point he did want to serve. I also think he had a lot of physical problems and was horribly overweight as to make serving impossible.

Pending your questions.

This is one of the greatest things I have ever read on this board. About time someone called him on all the BS he has spouted over the years.
upsbroker06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:09 PM   #33
death2redemptions
Banned

Quote:

So here we go....

From 2009:

From 2010:

From 2011:

In 2011:

Pending your questions.

death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:27 PM   #34
COEFOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnewby View Post
Is this member still active around here?
He is quite active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsbroker06 View Post
This is one of the greatest things I have ever read on this board. About time someone called him on all the BS he has spouted over the years.
The thing that gets me is that he has been saying things for years and in the threads that he starts there are actual people who claim to be Marines or prior military giving him pats on the back. I don't think he was ever questioned about this until recently.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:02 PM   #35
MeetJSquared

Quote:
He is quite active.

The thing that gets me is that he has been saying things for years and in the threads that he starts there are actual people who claim to be Marines or prior military giving him pats on the back. I don't think he was ever questioned about this until recently.
STOLEN VALOR!!! Sorry that's all I could think about. And it's disappointing.

Good job fishing out the details.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:53 PM   #36
stryke3_mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peties Army View Post
Why out of all people is running to Hamilton revelent?
It's relevant to me for various reasons, including the fact that Billy is someone I collect...
Old 07-24-2015, 02:54 PM   #37
groundsupport
Banned

Oooh Rah Marine Corps! Kill!
Old 07-24-2015, 03:23 PM   #38
death2redemptions
Banned

Quote:
Oooh Rah Marine Corps! Kill!
My friends used to call me sarge when we got drunk & I have a membership at the Scottsdale Gun Club so that pretty much makes me a sergeant in the army. I also saved the lives of a bunch of people from the Twin Towers on 9/11. Although I believe that may have happened in a video game, I can't remember because I've saved so many lives before.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:32 PM   #39
base set

threads are more entertaining when you read the second page first
base set is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 03:35 PM   #40
COEFOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
My friends used to call me sarge when we got drunk & I have a membership at the Scottsdale Gun Club so that pretty much makes me a sergeant in the army. I also saved the lives of a bunch of people from the Twin Towers on 9/11. Although I believe that may have happened in a video game, I can't remember because I've saved so many lives before.
New Sig
Old 07-24-2015, 03:35 PM   #41
LCM1223

From "Reds Fan Runs On Field..." to "Marine Corps ROTC"

What a thread
Old 07-24-2015, 03:57 PM   #42
death2redemptions
Banned

Quote:
New Sig
Old 07-24-2015, 04:11 PM   #43
dherm360

Quote:

So here we go....

From 2009:

From 2010:

From 2011:

In 2011:

Pending your questions.

someone just became a 1st LT in BODA
dherm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:28 PM   #44
death2redemptions
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dherm360 View Post
I have already contacted the secret society and the bosses have agreed that COEFER will be awarded his ROTC BODA badge.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:40 PM   #45
COEFOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dherm360 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
I have already contacted the secret society and the bosses have agreed that COEFER will be awarded his ROTC BODA badge.
I keep on getting demoted. But I will be a proud member of BODA, hopefully it's like Fight Club. And if there are any other sketchy vets around just let me know It also only takes me like 5 seconds to see if somebody is actually currently in the military as well.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:44 PM   #46
dherm360

Coefer good luck, I think you have to be sexed in
dherm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:17 PM   #47
groundsupport
Banned

I love blowoutcards..... It's my kind of place.....
Old 07-24-2015, 09:51 PM   #48
Flkrsn5

"Can't touch this" played in my mind while watching this...HAHA! That is hilarious! Why do I have a feeling a few players would have taken the selfie with him?

INTERESTED IN: Prospect Autos
Flkrsn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:12 PM   #49
danimal

I'll add to this. I graduated from Navy OCS in 2002 in Pensacola, FL class 26-02.

OCS and ROTC are both commissioning programs that are in place to produce military officers. If you go through 1 you don't go through the other. If you graduate from ROTC you are a military officer and there is no reason to go to OCS. OCS is short for Officer Candidate School, so if you are in OCS you are not an officer you are an officer candidate and are paid as an E-5 (enlisted rank), unless you are already enlisted and are higher ranked then you are paid at your current rank, so there is no way a ROTC graduate could go to OCS since they are already an officer.

There are 2 types of people who go to OCS, prior/currently enlisted members or what they call off the street which usually means college graduates who did not get commissioned through ROTC while in college.

If you go through ROTC in college then you don't go to OCS. They are both commissioning programs. You go through one or the other not both.

Last edited by danimal; 07-24-2015 at 10:18 PM.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote