Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 12-05-2018, 11:46 AM   #51
Wyrm

I tweeted the BlowoutBuzz article to B&N and got crickets for a response. I may try something a bit more inflammatory next time, like mentioning fraud.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:02 AM   #52
cypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFD18 View Post
David Duchovny disappearing ink? I got his signed book and it was signed with a dull sharpie which pissed me off. But, whats your story?
Mine was the same problem, extremely dull sharpie, looked like crayon almost. I returned the book and they sent me one with the same issue.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:07 PM   #53
BlowoutBuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
I tweeted the BlowoutBuzz article to B&N and got crickets for a response. I may try something a bit more inflammatory next time, like mentioning fraud.
Your best bet is to just return to the store. I'd highly doubt there will be any type of "fix" in a situation like this.
BlowoutBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:08 PM   #54
eldavojohn

NPH books look like all autographs are unique and real. All John Cena autographs look real. All Eric Idle look real. Will upload photos if anyone needs to see them. Still waiting on my bobby orr books.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:10 PM   #55
BlowoutBuzz

Got my second copy. Also an autopen -- but a different pattern from my first. Does match a different one in the gallery.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:36 PM   #56
BlowoutBuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
NPH books look like all autographs are unique and real. All John Cena autographs look real. All Eric Idle look real. Will upload photos if anyone needs to see them. Still waiting on my bobby orr books.
Sally Field autos are real.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:38 PM   #57
Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlowoutBuzz View Post
Your best bet is to just return to the store. I'd highly doubt there will be any type of "fix" in a situation like this.
Sadly, I pre-ordered online when they were first announced, and have had them sitting on a shelf in my collection since June or July under the mistaken belief that they were real. I'm way, way outside their return window. I may stop by anyway, though. Can't hurt.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:54 AM   #58
tier1dc

the tiffani thiessen isn't autopen, is it?
tier1dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:29 AM   #59
rudzud

So the Eric Idle book I bought as soon as it was back in stock never arrived. Called was told that the warehouse cannot fill it. Soooo it must have gone up online again in error. None too happy.
rudzud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:06 PM   #60
dd316

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudzud View Post
So the Eric Idle book I bought as soon as it was back in stock never arrived. Called was told that the warehouse cannot fill it. Soooo it must have gone up online again in error. None too happy.
I just followed up with them and was told it's back ordered.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:16 PM   #61
eldavojohn

Here come the cancellation e-mails, I just got a bunch of cancellations in my inbox. Guess I won't be getting any Bobby Orrs or any additional Eric Idles (at least I got one Idle) to name a few.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:05 AM   #62
jdandns

Mr. Idle, Mr. Idle, we have some more books for you to sign.

But seriously, sorry to hear that. I have a Rutles Album flat (the size and shape of an record album cover, but just the front panel) signed by the other 3 members and was hoping to get Eric to sign it someday.

I do have sweet Terry Gilliam signed lithograph that came free with the purchase of his book a couple of years ago.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:13 AM   #63
Cujobyte

Going to talk to my sales rep at S&S about the Reece autopen and see what’s being done about it. Will relay what they say.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:45 AM   #64
eldavojohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
Mr. Idle, Mr. Idle, we have some more books for you to sign.

But seriously, sorry to hear that. I have a Rutles Album flat (the size and shape of an record album cover, but just the front panel) signed by the other 3 members and was hoping to get Eric to sign it someday.

I do have sweet Terry Gilliam signed lithograph that came free with the purchase of his book a couple of years ago.
Oh man I still need Gilliam which is a big one for me being that he's from Minnesota. Do you mind me asking what book?
Old 12-12-2018, 07:21 AM   #65
LC2nine10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
I never understood autopens. It has to take longer to set everything up than to have the actual person sign the items. I guess it comes down to laziness or just not caring.
I doubt the celebrity is the one setting it up...
LC2nine10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:14 AM   #66
dd316

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2nine10 View Post
I doubt the celebrity is the one setting it up...
I wasn't suggesting that.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:35 AM   #67
jdandns

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
Oh man I still need Gilliam which is a big one for me being that he's from Minnesota. Do you mind me asking what book?
His illustrated autobiography, "Gilliamesque", a hardback book from about 4 years ago. At Comic-con 2015, If you showed the publisher (Harper) on your phone that you pre-ordered the book, they gave you a signed print of the cover right then. I was delighted to do so. The next year, 2016, they had the actual book on sale at their booth and still had some of the prints left (from the same numbered run), so I bought another to get another print.. Unfortunately, I sold the "dupe" (and the extra book, which was shrinkwrapped, unlike the first one I bought) shortly after that...
Old 12-12-2018, 10:10 AM   #68
eldavojohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
His illustrated autobiography, "Gilliamesque", a hardback book from about 4 years ago. At Comic-con 2015, If you showed the publisher (Harper) on your phone that you pre-ordered the book, they gave you a signed print of the cover right then. I was delighted to do so. The next year, 2016, they had the actual book on sale at their booth and still had some of the prints left (from the same numbered run), so I bought another to get another print.. Unfortunately, I sold the "dupe" (and the extra book, which was shrinkwrapped, unlike the first one I bought) shortly after that...
Thanks so much for the details! It's just good to know that if I'm going to gamble on an ebay auto, this book has a slightly higher chance of being legit.

Thanks again!
Old 12-12-2018, 05:52 PM   #69
jdandns

Sure, here's my description of the print from my listing of it from October, 2015:

"Here is an authentic "Gilliamesque" Limited Edition lithograph print hand signed in pencil by Terry Gilliam himself. This is from a strictly limited edition of only 150 of which this one is #46, numbered by Terry himself. The size is a large 11" x 14" and it is and printed on thick white art paper.

This promotes the forthcoming lavish Gilliam career retrospective "Gilliamesque" hardcover coffee table book to be published by Harper Design on October 20, 2015."

And here's a picture of the print, which is the same as the cover of the actual book. This one wasn't mine, so the number is different.

Old 12-13-2018, 12:48 AM   #70
Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Going to talk to my sales rep at S&S about the Reece autopen and see what’s being done about it. Will relay what they say.
Thanks for checking on this.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:05 AM   #71
dd316

Just got my cancellation notice on the Eric Idle book.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:07 AM   #72
eldavojohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Just got my cancellation notice on the Eric Idle book.
I tried to order 5, just happy I got one. If I had gotten multiple of that, I'd gladly sell one to you Ted. You wouldn't happen to need a Gary Paulsen 30th Anniversary "Hatchet" signed book would you?

If I happen upon any future Idle signed books, I will be sure to PM you!
Old 12-13-2018, 11:39 PM   #73
LovelyLlamas

I freequent a B&N (used to work there) and I think my store still has Eric Idle, I'll check next time I'm there. Last year, all the Tervor Noah books were recalled because of autopen. Company seems to be failing though so they might not just give a damn at this point.
LovelyLlamas is offline   Reply With Quote