Blowout Cards Forums
May Flowers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 05-18-2018, 12:57 PM   #4076
VintageVinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
It wouldn't have to be a free feature. I'd certainly pay a one-time fee to reprice 70,000 cards at once. Or I'd be willing to pay some sort of fee for useful selling tools like a bulk repricer, or for actual market data.
I think you are correct, potentially this would need to be a paid service. Or maybe something you are entitled to utilize once quarterly/yearly per account?
I think you guys have to understand that it wasn't just by 'chance' that the bulk repricing tool went away. I'd speculate it was being wildly abused by some users (at month's end for instance ,avoiding storage) and also it probably is quite 'heavy' on the database layer as some users have tens of thousands of cards. (The former I'd guess was a larger reason than the latter.) With all this said, my feedback for COMC is that there needs to be some way to reprice cards other than 1-by-1, that is simply outrageous as an undertaking. But also I sympathize that you can't just make an external tool that could allow ports to be repriced at will.

We as end users complain about site reliability and also complain about features. The reality is that 'bulk' features can really harm site reliability as they can really tax the system. We can't always have it both ways. My own vote is maybe a built-in repricing system (not some external tool) that as mentioned you can either pay to use, or that you can run once per year without cost. My 2 cents.
VintageVinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:47 PM   #4077
pfb11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageVinny View Post
I think you are correct, potentially this would need to be a paid service. Or maybe something you are entitled to utilize once quarterly/yearly per account?
I think you guys have to understand that it wasn't just by 'chance' that the bulk repricing tool went away. I'd speculate it was being wildly abused by some users (at month's end for instance ,avoiding storage) and also it probably is quite 'heavy' on the database layer as some users have tens of thousands of cards. (The former I'd guess was a larger reason than the latter.) With all this said, my feedback for COMC is that there needs to be some way to reprice cards other than 1-by-1, that is simply outrageous as an undertaking. But also I sympathize that you can't just make an external tool that could allow ports to be repriced at will.

We as end users complain about site reliability and also complain about features. The reality is that 'bulk' features can really harm site reliability as they can really tax the system. We can't always have it both ways. My own vote is maybe a built-in repricing system (not some external tool) that as mentioned you can either pay to use, or that you can run once per year without cost. My 2 cents.
I think you nailed it here. They would have to get creative. The answer might just be giving us more options on the inventory "show items" and "on top" filters.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:08 PM   #4078
Jonathon M

Personally, I'm not sure I won't the bulk price editor restored, do we really need to make it easier for people to mark their stuff up 10x before running a 90% off sale?
Jonathon M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 11:50 PM   #4079
Misorski

I know I've seen it somewhere on this forum, but on COMC, how do you search for multiple players at once?
Misorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:58 AM   #4080
mjohnatgt

You use the pipe symbol in between, like this:
Type "(mantle | bonds)" without the parentheses into the search bar. The pipe is found by pressing "CTRL"with the backslash "\" between ENTER and BACK-SPACE on a standard keyboard.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:20 PM   #4081
jmscoggin

Quote:
It wouldn't have to be a free feature. I'd certainly pay a one-time fee to reprice 70,000 cards at once. Or I'd be willing to pay some sort of fee for useful selling tools like a bulk repricer, or for actual market data.
I would 100% be against having to pay for this ability, it's ridiculous that it isn't already implemented into the site. Having said that, it should only go down, there should be no ability to reprice an entire port up. The up part is what the scumbag sellers would take advantage of before running a 'sale' or sellers trying to avoid storage fees.

I for one would love to drop my entire port by a percentage per month until the point that everything is gone, even if it is only 1% although I'd be more inclined to do bigger percentages, say 5%.

By not allowing sellers to bulk price an entire port upwards, it eliminates the ability to game the system, at least with someone like me that has a port in the multi thousands. I suppose a seller that had 100 ish cards could manually raise them all back up but there will be loopholes in anything.

As for market data, maybe I'm an outlier but I just don't care about it from COMC. Ebay is an easy click away and between it and Watchcount, I have all the data I need already.

"nah not mad Maga cat ..."
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:22 PM   #4082
slugger82685

Send a message via AIM to slugger82685

is there a way to track your sales by category? i see other options like by year, month, batch, promotion but i dont see category......would be nice to see what is selling best for me.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:24 PM   #4083
sthoemke

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
is there a way to track your sales by category? i see other options like by year, month, batch, promotion but i dont see category......would be nice to see what is selling best for me.
No, but you could always start a 2nd account for a specific sport.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:21 PM   #4084
checkoutmydeals

You can download your sales into a spreadsheet and then sort it by category.
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM   #4085
jefflasvegas

Default Excel

Quote:
You can download your sales into a spreadsheet and then sort it by category.
Using excel spreadsheets is a great way to see what is selling over a period of time. I look at sports, years, brands, etc. Also great way to see if how profitable my flips are over time.
jefflasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote