Blowout Cards Forums
2018 bb pre order

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

View Poll Results: Do you like it where you live?
Yes, I love it here. 41 56.16%
No, I hate this hell-hole 11 15.07%
I neither like or dislike my city/ town. 21 28.77%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
thebear29

Default Are you Happy?

I see some complaining from people about where they live, and how crappy it is, so I ask: Are you happy with where you live? This means town/ city, not your dwelling. Share how long you've lived there, why you like or dislike it, and where you'd rather live.
thebear29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
Kobe24>MJ23

Don't really like it here in Oregon. Its not bad but I'd rather live in California where I was born
Kobe24>MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
theautographkid
Banned

I'm in a small city (about 20,000) called Aurora, Ohio. Really nice town.

We've had a few celebrities live here like Bone Thugs n' Harmony (down my old street), Peyton Hillis when he played for the Browns, and Jim Thome (his parents live in his house now) when he played for the Tribe. We also held the NFL Rookie Symposium in our town (across the street from my moms neighborhood).

So to answer your question, I love it here. Our education system/athletics is phenomenal, and our local businesses are thriving here. Good place to live
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
lawjawjones

Yeah, I'm happy where I live. It's a nice little town with a big capitol city just a few miles down the road so you can experience that too. I can access pretty much anywhere on a bike and the High School has great athletic facilities.

Also, Al Toon lives here and Nick Toon went to my highschool, which I like to brag about
And I can't leave out the awesome card shop 4 miles down the road.

All in all, it's pretty swell here
Old 07-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
mocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24>MJ23 View Post
Don't really like it here in Oregon. Its not bad but I'd rather live in California where I was born
lol...I was born in cali as well (Laguna Beach). Moved to OR when I was 13, moved back to socal at 21, then back to OR at 28 - 8 years ago. We will never go back to CA again, other than to visit (often). It's beautiful, weather is great, etc. Too expensive, too much smog (it IS easier to breathe in OR imo), people are (mostly) d-bags, and there are WAY too many of them....

We love it in Oregon. We are able to enjoy the outdoors far more than in cali, in spite of the weather - we have more time to do so, and don't waste hours in traffic to go a few miles. No sales tax, only like $70 to register your car for 2 years (was $200-400/year in CA), better public transportation...the "live and let live" attitude suits us

Other than my family/friends, and the beach itself (although it's polluted half the time ), the biggest thing I miss is all the pro sports teams around there (Lakers, Clips, Dodgers, Angels, Padres, Chargers, Ducks, etc...).

Last edited by mocean; 07-25-2013 at 02:40 PM.
mocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #6
stoney
Banned

I don't like Denver it is either to hot or to cold I want to live somewhere like seattle where it is perfect and rainy every day
stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #7
teosdesserts

Too many people here in Maryland, right near DC and Virginia.
teosdesserts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
Ziveus101

I don't love or hate where I'm at right now (a nice quiet suburb outside NYC).
But I do sometimes yearn for life in the city again (used to live in Tokyo ).
Old 07-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #9
ToppsCollector1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawjawjones View Post
Yeah, I'm happy where I live. It's a nice little town with a big capitol city just a few miles down the road so you can experience that too. I can access pretty much anywhere on a bike and the High School has great athletic facilities.

Also, Al Toon lives here and Nick Toon went to my highschool, which I like to brag about

Yeah, ive been meaning to ask about that. I looked up Al Toon and noticed he lives there too. Have you ever actually seen them around?

As for me, not so bad, chicago. You can pretty much get anywhere with a bus or a train. Like every location it has its good and bad but overall id say im happy
Old 07-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #10
lawjawjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToppsCollector1 View Post
Yeah, ive been meaning to ask about that. I looked up Al Toon and noticed he lives there too. Have you ever actually seen them around?
Never seen Nick because I was pretty young when he was in high school and he obviously doesn't live here anymore.

I've seen Al a few times, and my dad sees him every now and then at the post office.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #11
ToppsCollector1

Quote:
Never seen Nick because I was pretty young when he was in high school and he obviously doesn't live here anymore.

I've seen Al a few times, and my dad sees him every now and then at the post office.
Cool, with all that mail he gets he must be there a lot. I wish id see someone famous every once in a while
Old 07-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #12
zonacats8

I would move back to Tucson in a heartbeat if I had a job lined up that payed me well enough to be able to afford the move out there
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #13
Truemountaineer

Idk really.
I hate the people
But I like that if I need something I drive down the road and im at walmart and such.
IG: mountaineercards54
Truemountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #14
Digicards44
Banned

I voted no I live in cleveland...
Digicards44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #15
Herr Sparkz

Quote:

Baseball Card Shoppe or Jim's? Or a different one?
Herr Sparkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #16
lawjawjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Sparkz View Post
Baseball Card Shoppe or Jim's? Or a different one?
Jim's, it's a bikable distance from Middleton and I love the $1, $3, $5, $10 boxes of singles. Haven't been to the Baseball Card Shoppe in years.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #17
duwal

yes, lived in Half Moon Bay for nearly 10 years now. Only about a 10 minute walk to go down to the beaches, can see the water through the trees on my 3rd floor
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #18
RBKSNIPZ

NYC BABYY!!!

Really though I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #19
natbornkiller

Old 07-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #20
Ooosh

I live in Toronto, have lived here for 20 of my 25 years. Dislike it. Too many people, and too many rude people.

I would really love to try out a small town, never lived in one. Anyone want to trade on a trial basis?
Ooosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #21
lawjawjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
I live in Toronto, have lived here for 20 of my 25 years. Dislike it. Too many people, and too many rude people.

I would really love to try out a small town, never lived in one. Anyone want to trade on a trial basis?
Sure, wanna live in Middleton, WI? Voted #1 place to live by Money magazine a few years back.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #22
Ooosh

Quote:
Sure, wanna live in Middleton, WI? Voted #1 place to live by Money magazine a few years back.
I'd definitely give it a shot.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #23
DetectiveChrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post

I'm the opposite as Ooosh - I also live in Toronto. I love living the big city life. The only Canadian cities I could live in would be Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and maybe Niagara Falls (border city). In the US, I've loved many big cities like LA, NY, Chicago, Miami etc. California and Florida are very attractive to me and I could like in a small town along the coast.

Toronto:
Pros: Love the hustle and bustle of Toronto, Family/Friends, Job Opportunities, Concerts/Festivals, Shopping, Restaurants, Nightlife (Richmond St, Queen West, King St, Front St, Liberty Village), Sports (Jays!), Parks (High Park), CNE in the Summer, Accessibility of highways, Multi-culturally populated, LCS!

Cons: High Real Estate Costs, Traffic, Competitive Job Market, Crime, Toronto Maple Leafs & Toronto FC.

I couldn't imagine living on the countryside with nothing to do but read, bikeride/dirtbike and farm!

For shipping purposes: I'm from Toronto (Canada)

Last edited by DetectiveChrome; 07-26-2013 at 11:25 AM.
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #24
centereacan06

There are some really crappy parts and some really nice parts of my town. Luckily, I live in the really nice part.
centereacan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #25
Ooosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
I'm the opposite as Ooosh - I also live in Toronto. I love living the big city life. The only Canadian cities I could live in would be Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and maybe Niagara Falls (border city). In the US, I've loved many big cities like LA, NY, Chicago, Miami etc. California and Florida are very attractive to me and I could like in a small town along the coast.

Toronto:
Pros: Love the hustle and bustle of Toronto, Family/Friends, Job Opportunities, Concerts/Festivals, Shopping, Restaurants, Nightlife (Richmond St, Queen West, King St, Front St, Liberty Village), Sports (Jays!), Parks (High Park), CNE in the Summer, Accessibility of highways, Multi-culturally populated, LCS!

Cons: High Real Estate Costs, Traffic, Competitive Job Market, Crime, Toronto Maple Leafs & Toronto FC.

I couldn't imagine living on the countryside with nothing to do but read, bikeride/dirtbike and farm!
You crazy. You must not take the TTC often. I can't understand anyone who likes living in the city if you have to take the TTC, or even drive.